Tim Dwight

This guy should be a starter but he has stood on the sidelines everywhere he's been (Atlanta, SD, now NE). He is a play maker whenever he gets even a rare chance. Meanwhile the clock keeps ticking and his playing years are passing.

IceSpeed2

Guru
Dwight has dropped some difficult passes and I believe has started. Brady struggles to hit him deep.
Dwight would do well with a running quarterback in an old full house backfield or wing-T as he is a very shifty runner. He is excellent on reverses. Honestly, I think he lacks the power of most RBs to play running back in an I.
Dwight can really run reverses and statue of liberty(s).Hey the Patriots are drop kicking, they might as well add the wing-T. [:)]

KG2422

Mentor
I believe I read that he set state records as a running back in high school in Iowa. I think his durability would be a problem at tailback in the NFL. He's one of my favorites though, along with Flutie.

bigman

Guru
Lets face it, he is a mere shadow of his former self.. more than a few steps slower than when he first entered the league.. like an oldvet he relies now on someknowledge of game to makeup for what he has lost. Edited by: bigman

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The 'old vet' is still returning kicks. They don't put the aged and infirm out there.

bigman

Guru
no but his top end speed is nothing compared to what it was.. he has retained some of his quickness though and that keeps him effective

SteveB

Mentor
Dwight never was the same after that devasting hit where he had a collapsed lung. He is still a good return man, but that one hit took him down a notch.

Deacon

Guru
Why was Tim replaced by Troy Brown in the fourth quarter? Troy boy
muffed the punt catch which basically cost the pats the game. Troy boy
is electric whilst Timmy is a bum? I don't get it.

Edited by: Deacon

Deacon

Guru
Deacon said:
Why was Tim replaced by Troy Brown in the fourth quarter?
On Punt returns I mean. I bet the so -called "genious" Bellick</font> is kicking himself over that one.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm pumped about Dwight playing for the Jets.They have always been a very likable team and they don't seem to discrimate against white players as bad as the majority of nfl teams do.They should be fun to watch them play this year.I would love to see him get some serious playing time and make a run at a thousand yard season.

The Duke

Much as i'd like to root for Dwight to have a big year I can't see it happening at this stage of his career.

JoeV

Guru
Yeah I would be pretty shocked also if Timmy Dwight had a 1000 yards this year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Chargers startedDwight one season but didn't use him as a deep threat. That's kind of like using Steve Smith only on short routes.

Dwight's fate was pretty much sealed back in 2000 when the Falcons demoted him after he tore it up the second half of the '99 season. "Too short" has always been the excuse used even though Tim proved conclusively seven years ago that he is a big play receiver.

I remember Dwight having a big Monday night game on the last weekend of the 1999 season against the 49ers. He scored on a 70+ yard punt return. Then he made a good catch for another TD. In the 4th quarter Dwight took a short pass over the middle while a 240 pound linebacker grabbed him around the shoulders. He shook the LB off and went on to a 65 yard TD. A real highlight film game!

I mentioned this game on the Forum a year or so ago. I thought that Dwight would really become a big star, but as Don says he was demoted in 2000. The NFL just didn't believe he was a player.

voice

Guru
I was watching a game where they were talking about Moss as having the top yards per reception among active NFL players. All the other players were considered Hall of Fame type receivers.

Except No.3 all time, Tim Dwight at 16.0 per catch. They mentioned the other 4 by name but left out ol' Timmy.

What a joke.

smiley7.gif

Kaptain

Master
Dwight could still be a 1,000 yard reciever if he were a given a chance to be a primary reciever even at this stage of his career. Just look at all the black stiffs who have had 1,000 yard seasons in the past. Dwight is still faster than most NFL recievers and has always had great hands and the ability to make tough catches in traffic. Unfortunetly Dwight will never be named a starter let alone a primary reciever.

The year Atlanta went to the superbowl, Dwight was by far the most outstanding Falcon - (don't know his stats). Was that the same year mentioned above - 1999? He was sent back to the bench the next year. More proof that the NFL cares more about the lockeroom atmosphere than winning games.

I looked it up and edited: Dwight had 210 return yards in that superbowl included a 94 yard return. He still has the record for the best average per return (42 yards) and is second all-time in total return yards (210). And, he is no Dante Hall or Desmond Howard as he proved he can catch the ball in college as he holds the record for all time recieving yards at Iowa.Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I remember seeing Dwight in the superbowl and just how explosive he was, I was amazed.

voice

Guru
Kaptain Poop

that was all time 16.0 among active players! Moss first at 17.9 and then Dwight 3rd

Leondardfan,

Dwight is incredibly explosive. The only guy that has this ability is Steve Smith of the Panthers.

It is weird, I grew up with loads of explosive athletes. It makes you realize how loaded the system is against us.

One thing we have to bear in mind if we are to sanity check our positions, is there has been a major culling of whites with Abortion being legalised. Low intelligence and ,as a higher percentage, less athletic have been outbreeding athletically inclined for a while.

I don't mean that people that are rocket scientists aren't breeding, I mean the average white with IQ level of 95-110 who are feeling middle class squeeze but are bright enough to manage their lives so they don't want to have kids they can't afford.

Don't forget it isn't getting better, over 50% of school age are non-white.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The way some whites think, I almost don't want them to have kids, but on the other hand, I want most whites to have a ton of them. I plan to do my part!
smiley4.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Brian Finneran's career average -- 14.2 yards per catch. Not quite up there with Tim Dwight and Randy Moss, but in the 90th percentile or so among NFL receivers. YetFinneran is commonly regarded as one of the slowest receivers in the league, the butt of many a joke. Like Matt Jones, another tall white receiver, Finneran covers more ground with each stride than most people which gives him some "sneaky speed." That and knowing how to get open and moving well after the catch all adds up to a quality receiver who was unappreciated until he was injured.

devans

Mentor
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (July 23, 2007) -- The New York Jets placed veteran wide receiver Tim Dwight and linebacker Matt Chatham on the physically-unable-to-perform list.

Dwight had 16 catches -- nine on third-down plays -- for 112 yards in his first season with New York. He was also the team's primary punt returner with a 10.4-yard average before he injured a foot and missed the last five regular-season games and the playoff game at New England.

voice

Guru
Just an FYI as I thought you guys might be interested

Tim Dwight has all time fastest 200 in Iowa HS history!

20.8!!

He could have been world class if he focussed on this

voice

Guru
Wow..

He also won the 200- 4 straight times from 9th grade onwards

awesome

G

Could have been world class? He was world class. He ran the 100 in 10.1

For a few seasons was the fastest player in football. He would have smoked every "fast" black player in the 100 and 200.