Taysom Hill

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Same holds true for those in the service academies…the post grad military obligation is more or less a death blow to a pro athlete

For the White ones anyways. Over the past few years there have been a few black service academy players getting all sorts of hype - two quotas both receiving Heisman notoriety and an Army DE getting first round hype prior to the 2022 season (he went undrafted) - Andre Carter. AF DB Weston Steelhammer and RB Brad Roberts are two of recent examples of being a good White player at a service academy getting completely ignored by the NFL.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
For the White ones anyways. Over the past few years there have been a few black service academy players getting all sorts of hype - two quotas both receiving Heisman notoriety and an Army DE getting first round hype prior to the 2022 season (he went undrafted) - Andre Carter. AF DB Weston Steelhammer and RB Brad Roberts are two of recent examples of being a good White player at a service academy getting completely ignored by the NFL.
Roberts was who I was thinking of. Guy leads the ncaa in rushing and …. Crickets

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Hmmm. Hope this is minor.

"Taysom Hill left practice yesterday with a strained oblique. A strained oblique deals with a specific muscle in your abdomen, and the recovery time is anywhere from ‘a few to six weeks.’ Hopefully Hill can be 100% by week one of the regular season, but if not, he shouldn’t miss too many games early in the season."

source

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hmmm. Hope this is minor.

"Taysom Hill left practice yesterday with a strained oblique. A strained oblique deals with a specific muscle in your abdomen, and the recovery time is anywhere from ‘a few to six weeks.’ Hopefully Hill can be 100% by week one of the regular season, but if not, he shouldn’t miss too many games early in the season."

source

When I was younger I also wanted to sprint faster and jump higher. Through learning alot about plyometrics which is great in football or
for any sport athlete I learned that so much of your explosiveness comes from having strong abs. Think 6 pack abs. It's not just your legs
and glutes as many think. If your don't have a strong core your never gonna run super fast or jump very high. On top of that you also can
get hurt alot easier. Taysom Hill will recover as he has never had any problems with anything athletically. Can't wait to see him play again.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
When I was younger I also wanted to sprint faster and jump higher. Through learning alot about plyometrics which is great in football or
for any sport athlete I learned that so much of your explosiveness comes from having strong abs. Think 6 pack abs. It's not just your legs
and glutes as many think. If your don't have a strong core your never gonna run super fast or jump very high. On top of that you also can
get hurt alot easier. Taysom Hill will recover as he has never had any problems with anything athletically. Can't wait to see him play again.

I wish RINOs had a stronger core! Lol

sprintstar

Mentor
WL, I agree on the abs being the most important for sprinting etc but you also need strong glutes so lots of squats, lunges, burpees with a rocket jump, are essential to any training regimen for athletics.....