Tampa Bay Buccaneers General Thread

Red Raider

Mentor
Center Ryan Jensen had to be carted off the field this morning with a knee injury. Dammit. Feel horrible for him. Nothing is confirmed but we all know what this likely means.

Big blow to the Bucs if he is done for the year, he is one of the best centers in the NFL and it’s going to be hard to replace him especially with him being Tom Brady’s center ever since he arrived in TB.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Bucs have signed Cole Beasley to their practice squad.
While I’m happy that Beasley is getting another shot, I wish he went to another team with actually crappy receivers. I feel like he’s only going to the Bucs to replace Scotty Miller. Apparently Miller had a bad drop or ran the wrong route and Brady was ticked off. Never mind all the other receivers, like Perriman for example, who’s got perfect hands and never makes mental mistakes. :rolleyes:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
In all fairness, Brady was pretty much in a sustained rage the entire game. I don't think he's ever been one to limit his criticisms to just White teammates.

white is right

Hall of Famer
In all fairness, Brady was pretty much in a sustained rage the entire game. I don't think he's ever been one to limit his criticisms to just White teammates.
I wonder how much his alleged personal life issues are bleeding into his on field persona. It's hard to be even tempered when you are separated from your wife.

El Gringo

Mentor
No he hasn’t. I listened Eisen interview “Shady” McCoy. Usually I immediately turn the station off afflete interviews but he was surprisingly somewhat coherent despite his well earned thug reputation. It’s been awhile and memory fails but Eisen asked him a question about who he respected most in all his years and without hesitation he said Brady. According to his own story “Shady” got less touches than he desired the previous Sunday and was pissed at practice. Brady was staying late after that practice and was throwing routes to receivers and asked “Shady”if he wanted to participate. “Shady” ignored Brady and proceeded to walk off the field until Tommy caught him by the shoulder and said “when I talk you listen”!! Mckoy immediately went back to the xtra practice. Tommy needs to have that same attitude with his wife if she is the one causing all his stress. I’m sure it’s a whole lot more complicated than that though.

Last edited:

booth

Mentor
The Bucs top 3 receivers are hurt. Does this mean Miller and Beasley will get playing time and a few catches?

icsept

Master

Tom Brady apparently calling Scottie Miller ******* trash last week. Miller was a no show in the box score this week. Not sure what’s going on, but maybe they can release him and he can get a fresh start.

wile

Master
And maybe Brady should have taken it to the house his real house.

I don't think anyone caught this but rb Patrick Laird was signed to a futures contract by the Bucs a few days ago. Not expecting much but it's nice to know he's still got a chance.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Possible good news for the upcoming season:

Bucs senior advisor Bruce Arians told the Rich Eisen Show he thinks Tampa Bay is "in good hands" with Kyle Trask.​

"He's got all the size, he's got the arm, he's got the stature," Arians added. The former Bucs head coach stopped short of saying that Trask would be the starter, but a report out today from ESPN's Jeff Darlington noted that Trask was "likely to be that guy under center," and this seems to be more confirmation of that idea. The Bucs appear to be fighting so much dead cap space this year that they are preparing to go this route barring some sort of alternative they don't foresee the market handing out. Trask is 3-of-9 for 23 yards in his only NFL experience so far.

Phall

Master
Possible good news for the upcoming season:

Bucs senior advisor Bruce Arians told the Rich Eisen Show he thinks Tampa Bay is "in good hands" with Kyle Trask.​

"He's got all the size, he's got the arm, he's got the stature," Arians added. The former Bucs head coach stopped short of saying that Trask would be the starter, but a report out today from ESPN's Jeff Darlington noted that Trask was "likely to be that guy under center," and this seems to be more confirmation of that idea. The Bucs appear to be fighting so much dead cap space this year that they are preparing to go this route barring some sort of alternative they don't foresee the market handing out. Trask is 3-of-9 for 23 yards in his only NFL experience so far.

CBS Sports "journalist" Cody Benjamin ran a piece today ranking every quarterback to throw a pass this past season in the NFL. He slotted Trask in dead last, below quite a few retreads without even that fabled upside.

Ranking every QB to throw a pass during 2022 NFL season: Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes headlines list of 82

The leftovers​

54. Skylar Thompson (Dolphins)
55. Sam Howell (Commanders)
56. David Blough (Cardinals)
57. Brett Rypien (Broncos)
58. Kyle Allen (Texans)
59. Davis Webb (Giants)
60. Nick Mullens (Vikings)
61. Trey Lance (49ers)
62. Malik Willis (Titans)
63. John Wolford (Rams)
64. Bryce Perkins (Rams)
65. Jeff Driskel (Texans)
66. Trace McSorley (Cardinals)
67. Trevor Siemian (Bears)
68. Nathan Peterman (Bears)
69. Anthony Brown (Ravens)
70. Chris Streveler (Jets)
71. Tyrod Taylor (Giants)
72. Chase Daniel (Chargers)
73. C.J. Beathard (Jaguars)
74. Brandon Allen (Bengals)
75. Nick Foles (Colts)
76. Josh Johnson (49ers)
77. Brian Hoyer (Patriots)
78. Case Keenum (Bills)
79. Jacob Eason (Panthers)
80. Blaine Gabbert (Buccaneers)
81. Tim Boyle (Bears)
82. Kyle Trask (Buccaneers)

Backups galore here, most of these guys are best suited right where they started: on the bench. That's not to say a few of them didn't make the most of their limited opportunities. Howell was impressive airing it out for the Commanders at the close of the season, setting him up for a potential 2023 starting gig. Blough showed surprising confidence as a fill-in for Arizona. Both Lance and Willis. meanwhile, are relative unknowns with elite athletic traits, entering the offseason with hardly any evidence of long-term passing acumen but enough upside to justify additional looks under center.

No metrics or even subjective rationale here: just typical filler for the 24/7/365 NFL news cycle. Simply because dispositions like these exist, I would be *shocked* if Trask gets the Week One nod.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
CBS Sports "journalist" Cody Benjamin ran a piece today ranking every quarterback to throw a pass this past season in the NFL. He slotted Trask in dead last, below quite a few retreads without even that fabled upside.

Ranking every QB to throw a pass during 2022 NFL season: Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes headlines list of 82

No metrics or even subjective rationale here: just typical filler for the 24/7/365 NFL news cycle. Simply because dispositions like these exist, I would be *shocked* if Trask gets the Week One nod.
Lance and Willis are elite athletic talents with upside Surprise, surprise

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mayfield to the Bucs on a one year deal.

Underrated and underused LB Anthony Nelson resigns for a two year White mans discount deal.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Greg Gaines signs a one year deal with the Bucs and even Weenieworld expects him to start:

Buccaneers signed DL Greg Gaines, formerly of the Rams, to a one-year contract.​

Gaines started 25 games for the Rams over the previous two seasons after being drafted with the 134th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. He managed 8.5 sacks and 19 quarterback hits during that time. Gaines should immediately enter the starting lineup for a rebuilding Buccaneers franchise, particularly considering the turnover expected along the defensive line. Gaines notably played 90 percent of the defensive snaps for the Rams in their Super Bowl win two seasons ago.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Greg Gaines signs a one year deal with the Bucs and even Weenieworld expects him to start:

Buccaneers signed DL Greg Gaines, formerly of the Rams, to a one-year contract.​

Gaines started 25 games for the Rams over the previous two seasons after being drafted with the 134th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. He managed 8.5 sacks and 19 quarterback hits during that time. Gaines should immediately enter the starting lineup for a rebuilding Buccaneers franchise, particularly considering the turnover expected along the defensive line. Gaines notably played 90 percent of the defensive snaps for the Rams in their Super Bowl win two seasons ago.
Gaines is a very good players as evidenced by his production over the last two years. The best he can do is a 1 year deal with a rebuilding team? Rams had no interest? Another White man’s discount no matter what the money on the deal is.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
A tale as old as time when it comes to the caste system. This time it's WR Kade Warner (son of Kurt).

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-udfa-smartest-wr-in-draft-class/

Most undrafted free agents come in with a chip on their shoulder as they fight to make an NFL roster. With the attitude that former Kanas State wide receiver Kade Warner is bringing in to the Bucs facility, saying it’s a chip is more of an understatement. It’s more like a boulder.

Warner, who is the son of Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner, has a great opportunity to make the Bucs’ 53-man roster or at least earn a spot on their practice squad. Tampa Bay has their top three receivers ready to go with Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and Russell Gage plus sixth round pick Trey Palmer, but there’s a chance he could hang on as the Bucs’ fifth or sixth wideout.

After three years at Nebraska, Warner transferred over to Kansas State and really showed off his talents. In his two years there, he recorded 60 catches, 622 yards and five touchdowns in 22 games. He made some impressive receptions over those seasons. Though he mostly played outside, Warner projects as a slot receiver at the NFL level.

Warner Comes In With Great Confidence

The competition isn’t going to be easy to make this Bucs team. But Warner is used to this situation as a walk on in college. He takes everything close to the chest, finding personal slights that over anyone that gets a chance before him. As the Michael Jordan meme goes, he takes it personally. And he’s got list.

“I take everything personally,” “Warner said. “Like I was saying, from that undrafted, that walk-on mentality, every little thing. Like if the coaches pick somebody else before me, I write that down, if somebody gets more reps than me in this walk through, I write that down. It’s kind of like that chip on your shoulder, I think just that expression is said a lot so I don’t like saying it, but I just take everything personally.

When you’re looking to make a roster you need any advantage you can get. There’s an old saying “work smarter, not harder.” While he’s putting a lot of hard work in, Warner believes it’s his football IQ that separates himself from the group. And not just the group of receivers in Tampa Bay, but any wide receiver from this year’s draft class.

“So, I’m competitive like that and I’m the smartest receiver in this draft class,” Warner said. “I’ve said it before. They’re going to get a good slot receiver out of me and I’m going to know exactly what to do on every play.”

If Warner does make the Bucs’ roster it’ll be in a special teams role. Head coach Todd Bowles was complimentary when talking about him and thinks Warner would thrive in that area.

Coachable, very coachable,” Bowles said. “Solid football player. He can catch the ball, he can play special teams, he can do a lot of things that we need and we’re always looking for special teams players.”

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's quite the insult to Kurt Warner, but he's such a cuck I won't say it serves him right as I'd like to see his son get a legitimate chance in the NFL, but I do wonder how much he lobbied if at all for his boy to get recruited with a scholarship at a prominent program rather than having to go the almost obligatory walk-on route.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
It's quite the insult to Kurt Warner, but he's such a cuck I won't say it serves him right as I'd like to see his son get a legitimate chance in the NFL, but I do wonder how much he lobbied if at all for his boy to get recruited with a scholarship at a prominent program rather than having to go the almost obligatory walk-on route.
Haha his other son had a few offers as a QB. Ended up at Temple and had a few big games already as a Freshman. He plays a racially appropriate position though . Sure would be nice to hear a guy like Kurt speak out, but he’s a cuck as you’ve mentioned.

*Also at this point would having a whistle blower even matter?