Survivors of ethnic cleansing

referendum

Mentor
On a more upbeat note, here are some notable survivors, or players I think have made it. Chris Horn Carolina, Mark Madsen Oakland, Dane Looker and Aaron Walter St Louis (but are their cuts done?), Greg Estandia Jacksonville, Billy Bajema 49ers. On defense, I haven't seen Steve Gregory on a cut list.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Referendum all those players did make it, although its John Madsen not Mark. Mike Hass made it as well. I have been going through the team rosters. Also John Kuhn was signed by the Packers and Garret Mills by the Vikings.

backrow

Hall of Famer
more survivors:

Bengals put S John Busing and FB Chris Manderino on their practice squad and sign Anthony Schlegel to their active roster.

Packers signed TE Clark Harris and LB Spencer Havner to their PS and John Kuhn (as mentioned before) to their active roster.

Steelers sign TE Jon Dekker to their PS.Edited by: backrow

referendum

Mentor
With Kuhn going to the packers, is there a danger, ever so slight, of a white non-QB touching the ball on offense for the Packers?

backrow

Hall of Famer
both of their FBs are white, and they just lost their 3rd down back, Noah Herron to IR. so yeah, i'd say that there's an off chance that JK will get to carry a ball every now and again
smiley1.gif

Gi-15

Mentor
also, both morency and jackson are hurting right now. They really shouldn't had traded back in the 2nd round and just taken brian leonard, here's a guy who'll play hurt for you. They also should have signed Burk instead of Corey White, because Burk was the more talented and productive UAB back. Kuhn really comes in a good situation there. Korey Hall is really a year or two from being starting caliber at FB.

backrow

Hall of Famer
more white players getting a roster/PS spot

Dolphins:
claimed WR Greg Camarillo off the waivers
smiley32.gif

put DB Tuff Harris on the PS

Bills:
signed S Jon Corto, TE Derek Schouman (nfl.com claimes that Packers signed him off PS to their active roster!) and WR Scott Mayle(from buffalobills.com: "Mayle's 4.38 speed was intriguing as he did a good job gaining separation from defenders in the preseason. He just needs to improve his consistency catching the football")to their practice squad.

Jags:
TE Isaac Smolko

Texans:
(unofficial as of yet) QB Jared Zabransky signed to the PS

Saints:
S Chris Reis, FB Kevin Dudley and athletic QB Tyler Palko signed to the PS

Cards:
signed Jerhame Urban to their active roster!
smiley32.gif

49ers:
signed Zak Keasey to PS

Edited by: backrow

referendum

Mentor
Well, thats awesome that two discarded WR's get roster spots. Also interesting that Dolphins picked up two white offensive linemen as well as Camarillo This right after cutting Schlesinger and Eckel, which goes to show that in Dolphins case, anyway, those cuts might not have been part of an anti-white purge.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the Cowboys signed rookie LB Justin Rogers off waivers, a player the Pats cut and wanted on their practice squad.

Again. I don't recall it being mentioned, TE Garrett Mills (all-time leading receiver at Tulsa), also formerly of the Pats, was signed to teh Vikings roster

backrow

Hall of Famer
Colts:
DL Travis Leitko

Redskins:
claimed 6'8" TE Cody Boyd off the waivers, thus adding him to their active squad.

Bucs:
signed FB Byron Storer and TE Keith Heinrich to their PS

so far CB Dustin Fox, WRs Zac Collie, Mike Gasperson, Kevin Kasper, Chas Gessner and John Standeford are still out of job...
the only one of them still available for the practice squad is Collie and possibly Gasperson (1 year left)Edited by: backrow

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Reading this thread gives me some hope, though I have been let down before. I am anxiously awaiting Don's annual football preview.

I can remember when football squads were roughly half black/half white in the 1980s. I started noticing an anti-white bias when rosters became 2/3 black in the 1990s. Now that they are creeping up to 75-80% black it might be time to bail on the racist NFL.

At least in basketball we have the pleasure of all-white teams from Europe and South America beating "our" racist, all-black "dream teams" in international competition.

referendum

Mentor
To sum up what Backrow mentioned in two other threads, Gessner is on the Buccaneers injured reserve. Also, Ball on the Bears PS.Edited by: referendum

jared

Mentor
Good topic thanks for the updates. There is some good news in all of this. I'm extremely bummed about Standeford, Gessner, the Eagles' trio, Dustin Fox and most of all, David Kircus. However I'm really happy for Mike Hass and some of the others who've been reclaimed off waivers. Great news for the Cards about Urban. It's gonna take a while for Whisenhunt to undo the demographic damage Denny Green did to our team.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jared, judging from the last draft Whisenhunt might be just as bad as Dennis Green.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Cardinals seem to have never recovered demographically from the Buddy Ryan era, when they were the NFL's version of today's Jax Jaguars.I agree though that it will slowly change under Whisenhunt.

referendum

Mentor
Gasperson to Eagles PS, Kyle Eckel to Pats PS, Jonny Harline to Cleveland PS.Edited by: referendum

backrow

Hall of Famer
good for Eckel, as Pats might actually give him a shot at carrying the rock!

more transactions:
Jets:
Ray Ventrone, S and LB Jason Trusnik to PS

Browns:
signed TE Jonny Harline and DL Chase Pittman to their PS

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
Colts:
so far CB Dustin Fox, WRs Zac Collie, Mike Gasperson, Kevin Kasper, Chas Gessner and John Standeford are still out of job...
the only one of them still available for the practice squad is Collie and possibly Gasperson (1 year left)

Never heard anything about Zac Collie, so I can't say
that that was a racist move cutting him. However, as for Dustin Fox and the other WR's mentioned (and don't forget David Kircus who has blazing speed but lacks pigment) it was all a bunch of BS.

Also I don't know much about Kyle Eckel or if he has the "skillz" to be a ball carrier in the NFL like Heath Evans does who ran in college and has good athleticism.

He certainly won't be carrying the ball for the Pats b/c Heath Evans is already there and ahead of him on the depth chart. A coach would be crucified by drunken fans for giving two white boys carries in the NFL today. So I am going to root for Evans b/c I know he has the "skillz". If anyone wants to enlighten me on Eckel's college career or his ability feel more than welcome.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I'll tell you something, this thread contains some of the best news I've ever heard concerning any NFL season. I realize that most of these guys were only signed to the PS, but that's like $70,000 to practice against NFL players for a couple months! Besides, most of the guys on the practice squad end up making it as a reserve in the NFL the next season or they're called up due to injuries throughout the season.

Then again, some don't. Either way, this thread really strengthened my hopes after they were destroyed when the Sept 1st cuts were released. Good luck to ALL the guys who are still trying to find a team!

backrow

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
backrow said:
Colts:
the only one of them still available for the practice squad is Collie and possibly Gasperson (1 year left)

Never heard anything about Zac Collie, so I can't say
that that was a racist move cutting him. However, as for Dustin Fox and the other WR's mentioned (and don't forget David Kircus who has blazing speed but lacks pigment) it was all a bunch of BS.

Also I don't know much about Kyle Eckel or if he has the "skillz" to be a ball carrier in the NFL like Heath Evans does who ran in college and has good athleticism.

He certainly won't be carrying the ball for the Pats b/c Heath Evans is already there and ahead of him on the depth chart. A coach would be crucified by drunken fans for giving two white boys carries in the NFL today. So I am going to root for Evans b/c I know he has the "skillz". If anyone wants to enlighten me on Eckel's college career or his ability feel more than welcome.

educate yourself TJR
smiley1.gif

Kyle Eckel's bio and highlights

I remember when Eckel played in the presason a couple of years ago for the Pats. He looked good and the Pats gave him opportunities to carry the ball. I think he even got a few TDs. Most everyone in the local media predicted he'd make the team judging from his preseason productivity and practices, but at the time his naval commitments were uncertain, and that's why many felt the Pats let him go. I think had they not, Eckel would have been the Heath Evans of the Patriots today. (This was before Evans was signed, I think he may have still been with Seattle at the time)

backrow

Hall of Famer
Seahawks:
WR Logan Payne, LB Cameron Jensen and TE Joe Newton signed to PS

Panthers:
FB Billy Latsko to PSEdited by: backrow