Survivors of ethnic cleansing

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Man, thanks Backrow. Just checked out Eckel's highlights. He looked downright nasty at Navy. He looks like a good cut back power runner with surprising agility for his body type. He probably runs something like a 4.6-4.65, so his speed isn't too good, but would be good enough if he were black. He is built low to the ground 5-11 238 and reminds me of Jerome Bettis. Eckel certainly looks like he would be better than Ron Dayne.

Man, I can only imagine if he were black a team like Philadelphia might have drafted him to split carries with a small scat back like Westbrook. A lot of teams now have a one-two punch at RB. He would look good next to Maurice Jones Drew in Jacksonville too, too bad he'll never get a chance.
smiley7.gif
He's certainly good enough, to at least be in the league as a tailback.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

backrow

Hall of Famer
Dolphins | Ninkovich claimed off waivers
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 16:37:10 -0700

The Miami Dolphins have claimed free-agent DE Rob Ninkovich (Saints) off waivers.

Dolphins are expected to play him as DE/LB hybrid, as they do with Jason Taylor. Saints missed up on a great back-up player.

referendum

Mentor
Wow, Dolphins have claimed four white players off of waivers this week. What a difference a year make, although these four will just be backups for now.

backrow

Hall of Famer
referendum said:
Wow, Dolphins have claimed four white players off of waivers this week. What a difference a year make, although these four will just be backups for now.

yup, but at least they are on the active roster of a NFL team, as oppose to being out of the job. Dolphins seem to be more white friendly this year, although that's not hard after last season.

and some more news, although this is not an actual signing:

Bengals | Team works out Beck
Thu, 6 Sep 2007 12:33:18 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals worked out unrestricted free-agent LB Jordan Beck (Falcons) Tuesday, Sept. 4, according to a source.

Beck was a 3rd round draft pick from Cal Poly, who broke his foot after having a great preseason for Falcons. he played last year, recording team's high 12 ST tackles, and i thought he was being groomed to start. turns out i was wrong, and 3rd round pick from 2 seasons ago is now looking for a job...
smiley11.gif
Edited by: backrow