Soccer 2023 thread

Phall

Master
Just six months too late, we might as well start a 2023 thread in the transfer window.

Lionel Messi is the big fish of the summer, choosing Inter Miami and the MLS over Saudi Arabia and a billion-dollar contract. On top of a $55 million salary, Messi will receive an ownership stake in the club and also holds revenue-sharing deals with Apple TV+ (the only way to watch MLS) and adidas, who are sure to sell hundreds of thousands of jerseys worldwide.

Inter Miami is the worst team in MLS this season. They fired Phil Neville as coach last month but have continued to lose. Despite this, their ticket prices have shot up to about $500 for nosebleeds with a $15 face value on the secondary market. The same goes for all of Miami's away games. Clubs are not able to jack up the price for specific regular season games, so instead they require you to buy a "four game pack" instead of individual Miami tickets. Still a profit to be made by scalpers even if they flush the other three games.

Sergio Busquets of Spain/Barcelona fame will be joining Messi in Miami this summer, also on a free transfer.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Busquets was a fantastic player in his peak years. The way he controlled the midfield was very underrated as he wasn't flashy. I am hoping his experience in MLS will go better than Pirlo's did
I am considering purchasing a flight down to S FL and grabbing some black market tickets.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I haven’t been to an mls game since the days of Roberto Donadoni on the metro stars.

Can’t say this would make me bother either

Phall

Master
I haven’t been to an mls game since the days of Roberto Donadoni on the metro stars.

Can’t say this would make me bother either
I attended one of those Donadoni games at the old Giant Stadium in the Meadowlands with 8% capacity crowd. He certainly mailed in that pay check during his MLS career.

MLS had been getting markedly better until the past few years when they added a handful of teams and will add at least a couple more. They are paying players more, but there is only so much talent to go around and labor is actually a bit inelastic.

@SneakyQuick you are very negative about so many different sports and clubs. Perhaps you might share something positive on this forum so that we might enjoy it too and create momentum!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I attended one of those Donadoni games at the old Giant Stadium in the Meadowlands with 8% capacity crowd. He certainly mailed in that pay check during his MLS career.

MLS had been getting markedly better until the past few years when they added a handful of teams and will add at least a couple more. They are paying players more, but there is only so much talent to go around and labor is actually a bit inelastic.

@SneakyQuick you are very negative about so many different sports and clubs. Perhaps you might share something positive on this forum so that we might enjoy it too and create momentum!
Admittedly I am pretty negative about it. I wish I weren’t, but I guess I don’t the glass as half full at the moment.

Sports are an important part of life but the people who benefit from them the most are odious.

It’s a circle I haven’t been able to square.

The only sports I follow with enthusiasm anymore are not too well cared for on this site (motor sports mostly) and I don’t have time to evangelize for them as I truly don’t care that much to try.

Kudos to all of you who can view the sporting glass as half full. It doesn’t appear that way to me.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Busquets was a fantastic player in his peak years. The way he controlled the midfield was very underrated as he wasn't flashy. I am hoping his experience in MLS will go better than Pirlo's did
I am considering purchasing a flight down to S FL and grabbin
Admittedly I am pretty negative about it. I wish I weren’t, but I guess I don’t the glass as half full at the moment.

Sports are an important part of life but the people who benefit from them the most are odious.

It’s a circle I haven’t been able to square.

The only sports I follow with enthusiasm anymore are not too well cared for on this site (motor sports mostly) and I don’t have time to evangelize for them as I truly don’t care that much to try.

Kudos to all of you who can view the sporting glass as half full. It doesn’t appear that way to me.
I can appreciate why you are down on pro sports. Much like our broader society, sports have been taken over by GloboHomo Inc.. I for one have wrestled with how to support organizations that hate what I stand for.

However, if I may state that this site and the mission behind it, which is sports and it's athletes based on merit, has reinvigorated the interest I have in it. And the success that many White athletes are having when given even the smallest opportunity is positive sign. Keep the faith!

clement

Guru

a very high profile coach in french soccer being jailed for asking to have less black players and muslim players on the OGC nice team back in 2021-2022 because it has to reflect the face of the city

NikoDuke

Mentor

a very high profile coach in french soccer being jailed for asking to have less black players and muslim players on the OGC nice team back in 2021-2022 because it has to reflect the face of the city
Yes, I have been keeping up with the story. While he vehemently denies the accusations, it just another example that sports in France runs entirety on the caste system..

Does anyone actually watch this?? I mean it’s like the WNBA. It’s just ridiculous
USWNT lost to Wrexham (Ryan Reynolds team) 12-0 on June 5th, they also lost to a Dallas under 15 boys team a few years ago 5-2 just to put the laughable talent gap in perspective when they ask for equal pay.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
USWNT lost to Wrexham (Ryan Reynolds team) 12-0 on June 5th, they also lost to a Dallas under 15 boys team a few years ago 5-2 just to put the laughable talent gap in perspective when they ask for equal pay.
It’s too bad there can’t be more of these matches I’d actually love to watch them lose 15-0 or whatever to a bunch of high school kids. I’d pay good money to watch that actually.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Phall

Master
This is the “Soccer 2023” thread. Please sequester posts about “women’s sports” to the Clown World, Joe Biden, or Cartoon topics.

:cop1:

*unless the teams have trannies, in which case the posts do belong here, I suppose

Phall

Master
Immediately breaking my own rule, I’m reminded of a Steve Sailer article from four years ago. Sailer doesn’t really deal with anti-white sports culture in general, but he maps out enough human biodiversity in athletics to rile up the leftists. In this post, he identifies the Netherlands specifically as a nation that could exceed the US women’s sum of feminism + soccer skill. Ol’ Steve really hits the nail on the head here.

Dubious Domination
For instance, the third-best record in the history of the women’s World Cup, after the U.S. and Germany, belongs to tiny Norway (population 5 million) due to the traditional lack of effort made by men’s soccer superpowers like Italy and Argentina, neither of which have ever made it to the women’s final four.

Or consider the midsize Netherlands, a highly feminist culture and often considered the intellectual leader of soccer. Yet the Dutch women’s team didn’t even qualify for the World Cup until 2015. This year it made it to the finals, where it lost to the U.S.

The Europeans, with their superior methods, will likely take over the women’s World Cup in the future, but the U.S. still had enough of a head start to win in 2015 and 2019.

Ajax started a women’s team in 2012, but it still does not appear to admit girls to its training academy. A relentlessly profit-seeking business, it only invites in youths from whom it might eventually earn a windfall by selling them to Barcelona or Manchester United. So far, the money in women’s soccer is too small to bother with.

This is not to say that money can’t be made off female sports. With women’s games, nationalism sells.

The US women play the Dutch women on Wednesday to determine which nation has trained up the most prolific lesbians.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Brilliant (and humorous) article by Jason Whitlock in the Blaze today.

Whitlock: Rooting against Megan Rapinoe and the USWNT is reparations for men​

Jason Whitlock Op-Ed
August 01, 2023

I don’t feel bad rooting against the U.S. women’s national soccer team in the World Cup.
I’m not going to feign indifference. I want them to lose. I’m angry that Portugal’s best chance in extra time early Tuesday morning banged off the post, allowing the USWNT to advance to the knockout round via a 0-0 tie.

Portugal almost ended the American Nightmare, the band of Megan Rapinoe-led entitled women who struggle to respect our national anthem and lie about pay “inequality.”

Rooting against the American Nightmare is not unpatriotic. Rooting for them is. In the history of sports, no sports team or individual has needed a comeuppance more than our women’s soccer team.

After finishing with their second straight tie against an inferior opponent, Rapinoe and company preened, danced, took selfies, and celebrated as if they had avenged their loss to a group of 15-year-old boys. Their postgame bravado was so unseemly Tuesday morning that the Fox Sports broadcast team blasted them.

“I have never witnessed something like that,” former USWNT star Carli Lloyd said. “There’s a difference between being respectful of the fans and saying hello to your family, but to be dancing, to be smiling. I mean, the player of the match was that post. You’re lucky not to be going home right now.”

Should we be surprised by their behavior? No. Their collective sense of entitlement and lack of gratitude created a delusion that only failure and embarrassment can correct. And I’m not sure losing to Portugal would correct anything. If they lose on Sunday to Sweden, I’m sure Rapinoe will figure out a way to blame sexism, systemic racism, or homophobia.
The American Nightmare has been 50 years in the making. The adoption of Title IX in 1972 was a plea agreement American men signed with radical feminists. We copped to a crime we didn’t commit. We swallowed the lie that the patriarchy owed angry women reparations. It’s not true. Men have not exploited women or denied them freedom and agency. The customs of the past reflected the harsh realities of life before men paved roads, built skyscrapers, replaced covered wagons with planes, trains, and automobiles, and made eating as simple as loading the DoorDash app.

Man-made technological advances produced the environment and culture that allow feminists to forget realities of the past and guilt-trip men in the present. Feminists are pimps, no different from Iceberg Slim or Andrew Tate.
Feminists have turned men into street-walking prostitutes who turn over the spoils of their work to their abusers. When pop star Rihanna sings “Bitch Better Have My Money,” she’s talking about American men.
Title IX is one of the greatest hustles in the history of pimping. "Iceberg Kims" convinced a U.S. president and the 92nd Congress to mandate that billions of dollars be siphoned away from boys and invested in creating female jocks.
It didn’t matter that girls are far less likely to be interested in competitive sports. Or that participation in competitive sports worked against women’s supernatural reproductive powers. The American government has spent 50 years and trillions of dollars creating hard-core female jocks.
We owed that to women because the government previously spent billions convincing men to take an interest in competitive sports … oh, wait, that didn’t happen. The government didn’t have to manufacture and bribe men to take an interest in competitive sports. It’s in the nature of men. And we don’t get pregnant and carry babies inside us for nine months at a time. There are actual physical differences between men and women that explain our disparate interests in playing games.
Imagine that.
Imagine spending billions of dollars and 50 years to create an unbeatable women’s soccer team and the players on that team using their government-paid-for platforms to demonize their investors.
That’s the women’s national soccer team. That’s Megan Rapinoe. That’s the group of overpaid, spoiled, and entitled women who claim they’re underpaid and underappreciated and that they represent a racist, homophobic, and sexist country.
I despise them. I want them to lose. I’m delighted that Rapinoe played awful Tuesday morning, a few days after insinuating that she could have made a difference in the team’s 1-1 tie with the Netherlands.

Rapinoe is the ultimate pimp. She’s the Andrew Tate of LGBTQ feminism. She sees herself as a force for good, a force for freedom, and proper femininity. She believes she’s a threat to the establishment. She’s popular. People Google her and react to the things she says. She’s wealthy beyond her imagination, sexually liberated, and adored by her followers.
She’s a fraud. She hates America because she hates herself. Her dyed hair, rebellious persona, constant smirk, and social justice posturing are beards masking her shallowness.
She’s toxic. Her attitude pervades the national team. At 38, she’s only on the roster to further burnish her brand. The younger players mirror the attitude of the team’s biggest star. They have little interest in representing America and competing at the highest level. They want to go viral and cash in on the feminism pimp game.
Don’t waste a second questioning your disdain for this team and Rapinoe. They deserve it. We poured everything we had into their success, diminished opportunities for boys and men for their success, and they’ve repaid us with ingratitude.
Rooting for Sweden on Sunday is our reparations.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Jason Whitlock Op-Ed
August 01, 2023

I don’t feel bad rooting against the U.S. women’s national soccer team in the World Cup.
I’m not going to feign indifference. I want them to lose. I’m angry that Portugal’s best chance in extra time early Tuesday morning banged off the post, allowing the USWNT to advance to the knockout round via a 0-0 tie.

Portugal almost ended the American Nightmare, the band of Megan Rapinoe-led entitled women who struggle to respect our national anthem and lie about pay “inequality.”

Rooting against the American Nightmare is not unpatriotic. Rooting for them is. In the history of sports, no sports team or individual has needed a comeuppance more than our women’s soccer team.

After finishing with their second straight tie against an inferior opponent, Rapinoe and company preened, danced, took selfies, and celebrated as if they had avenged their loss to a group of 15-year-old boys. Their postgame bravado was so unseemly Tuesday morning that the Fox Sports broadcast team blasted them.

“I have never witnessed something like that,” former USWNT star Carli Lloyd said. “There’s a difference between being respectful of the fans and saying hello to your family, but to be dancing, to be smiling. I mean, the player of the match was that post. You’re lucky not to be going home right now.”

Should we be surprised by their behavior? No. Their collective sense of entitlement and lack of gratitude created a delusion that only failure and embarrassment can correct. And I’m not sure losing to Portugal would correct anything. If they lose on Sunday to Sweden, I’m sure Rapinoe will figure out a way to blame sexism, systemic racism, or homophobia.
The American Nightmare has been 50 years in the making. The adoption of Title IX in 1972 was a plea agreement American men signed with radical feminists. We copped to a crime we didn’t commit. We swallowed the lie that the patriarchy owed angry women reparations. It’s not true. Men have not exploited women or denied them freedom and agency. The customs of the past reflected the harsh realities of life before men paved roads, built skyscrapers, replaced covered wagons with planes, trains, and automobiles, and made eating as simple as loading the DoorDash app.

Man-made technological advances produced the environment and culture that allow feminists to forget realities of the past and guilt-trip men in the present. Feminists are pimps, no different from Iceberg Slim or Andrew Tate.
Feminists have turned men into street-walking prostitutes who turn over the spoils of their work to their abusers. When pop star Rihanna sings “Bitch Better Have My Money,” she’s talking about American men.
Title IX is one of the greatest hustles in the history of pimping. "Iceberg Kims" convinced a U.S. president and the 92nd Congress to mandate that billions of dollars be siphoned away from boys and invested in creating female jocks.
It didn’t matter that girls are far less likely to be interested in competitive sports. Or that participation in competitive sports worked against women’s supernatural reproductive powers. The American government has spent 50 years and trillions of dollars creating hard-core female jocks.
We owed that to women because the government previously spent billions convincing men to take an interest in competitive sports … oh, wait, that didn’t happen. The government didn’t have to manufacture and bribe men to take an interest in competitive sports. It’s in the nature of men. And we don’t get pregnant and carry babies inside us for nine months at a time. There are actual physical differences between men and women that explain our disparate interests in playing games.
Imagine that.
Imagine spending billions of dollars and 50 years to create an unbeatable women’s soccer team and the players on that team using their government-paid-for platforms to demonize their investors.
That’s the women’s national soccer team. That’s Megan Rapinoe. That’s the group of overpaid, spoiled, and entitled women who claim they’re underpaid and underappreciated and that they represent a racist, homophobic, and sexist country.
I despise them. I want them to lose. I’m delighted that Rapinoe played awful Tuesday morning, a few days after insinuating that she could have made a difference in the team’s 1-1 tie with the Netherlands.

Rapinoe is the ultimate pimp. She’s the Andrew Tate of LGBTQ feminism. She sees herself as a force for good, a force for freedom, and proper femininity. She believes she’s a threat to the establishment. She’s popular. People Google her and react to the things she says. She’s wealthy beyond her imagination, sexually liberated, and adored by her followers.
She’s a fraud. She hates America because she hates herself. Her dyed hair, rebellious persona, constant smirk, and social justice posturing are beards masking her shallowness.
She’s toxic. Her attitude pervades the national team. At 38, she’s only on the roster to further burnish her brand. The younger players mirror the attitude of the team’s biggest star. They have little interest in representing America and competing at the highest level. They want to go viral and cash in on the feminism pimp game.
Don’t waste a second questioning your disdain for this team and Rapinoe. They deserve it. We poured everything we had into their success, diminished opportunities for boys and men for their success, and they’ve repaid us with ingratitude.
Great read! Thanks for sharing and I passed it on to some of my family members.

Phall

Master

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Messi scores twice again tonight, giving him five goals and perhaps more importantly, three straight wins for his bottom-dwelling team in three games. He also deferred a penalty kick to beleaguered teammate Josef Martinez to him restore some confidence.

Messi is incredible still! I predict he’ll pull Miami from the cellar and into a playoff spot. He’ll also likely finish in the top 5 for goal scoring.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Jason Whitlock Op-Ed
August 01, 2023

Imagine that.

And they lost LOL.