Soccer 2022 thread

Math1990

Guru
Haaland's numbers remind me of Ronaldo's early career numbers (not the Portuguese one, the Brazilian R9), Of course Haaland is having the advantage of having a high performance in the Champions League which the R9 never had(Apart from some sporadic games, but never constant as haaland has been)

Phall

Master
The MLS game this past weekend between San Jose and NY Red Bulls was stopped for 20 minutes after Belgian striker Dante Vanzeir was accused of uttering a racial slur by San Jose's black players during a scrum after a hard foul. The referee was apparently following proper protocol by trying to conduct a full investigation himself on the field. Predictably, he did not determine enough to send Vanzeir off or even card him. The game continued and ended with a record 21 minutes of stoppage time.

Both the league and the club issued stern condemnation and pledged full effort and due diligence in their "investigations." This is a poor issue to follow online, as the only opinion any fan or pundit feels comfortable in expressing is full-throated outrage. NYRB has a vocal minority of fanatics who want the coach fired for not immediately subbing off the player following the accusation. Vanzeir was a record-breaking transfer fee just a few months ago and has virtually no chance of being jettisoned outright. Time will tell if he's allowed to "play dumb" (as he should) on this one or instead opts to eat crow and do a repentance tour, which will surely include a hefty fine, lengthy suspension, and worst of all, a complete prostration before America's royal class (the blacks).

Apart from the ridiculous optics of stopping a live game for 20 minutes, I'm just very tired of this whole inescapable racial paradigm.

In 2013, San Jose forward Alan Gordon received a red card and a three-match ban for (audibly) calling an opponent "f@ggot" during a game. In 2022, DC United forward Taxi Fountas (Greek) was accused of using "the N-word" during a game and was subbed off immediately. The league ratified the accusation as "credible" but could not find any evidence to punish him.

** Vanzeir has opted for the apology route, a risky move with limited upside!

"I want to sincerely apologize to the players of the Earthquakes," Vanzeir said. "I will do everything I can to be part of the change that needs to happen in this sport and our world. I also want to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the organization and our fans. I made a mistake and will take all the necessary steps to grow.

"I accept full responsibility for my actions. While I did not intend to cause any harm or offense with my language, I know that I did and for that I am deeply sorry. I will agree to any suspension, fine and counseling that is handed down by Major League Soccer and the club.

"I will use this opportunity to better myself, reflect and dedicate my time and efforts to work with organizations that tackle racial injustice."

Coach Gerhard Struber has also decided to bend his knee and offer an apology for his own Original Sin.

"During our match on Saturday, I made a decision that I thought was best given the information I had at that moment," Struber said. "While there was a lot of uncertainty at the time, with the information that I now know, the right decision would have been to immediately remove Dante Vanzeir from the game."

Phall

Master
Sadio Mane punches Leroy Sane? Upamecano????

This is a “German” club?

Lol. How YT supports this crap is beyond me
Thanks for chiming in.

European club soccer still has way more indo-European players by percentage than the USA has “heritage Americans” performing in pro football and basketball.

This whole forum exists around American football and its cultural ubiquity. Ask at your water cooler (in any English-speaking country) how “YT supports this crap” and see what happens to you.

Bayern Munich has been aggressively anti-white for a few years, and it has been remarked here plenty. German league soccer would be a more interesting rabbit hole to go down…. our one head coach guy Jesse Marsch suggested that the entire league is somewhat ‘nationalized’ to funnel its top players into Bayern. Same pattern I’ve seen with the USMNT, but what do any of the western nations have in common?

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Actually I do openly ask that question of people all the time at work. I get a wide variety of stupid answers. I usually then point out some element of why the league is ridiculous and they usually agree

And by the way I’ve watched games from the bundesliga going back to the early 90s. The trend is pretty horrible there too. So while there are certainly more European players on these clubs relatively, it certainly isn’t going positively for us

Math1990

Guru
Haaland tie the Premier League goalscoring record for twenty clubs, Drawing with Liverpool's Mohamed Salah, Salah scored 32 goals in 36 games, haaland 32 in 28 games, Haaland is two goals away from equalizing and three goals away from breaking the Premier League goal record, Which is owned by Alan Shearer and Andy Cole both with 34 back when the Premier League had 22 clubs (42 games).

Math1990

Guru
Actually I do openly ask that question of people all the time at work. I get a wide variety of stupid answers. I usually then point out some element of why the league is ridiculous and they usually agree

And by the way I’ve watched games from the bundesliga going back to the early 90s. The trend is pretty horrible there too. So while there are certainly more European players on these clubs relatively, it certainly isn’t going positively for us
Bayern until the late 2000s and early 2010s was quite white friendly (For example, in 2013 when Bayern Munich were champions of the Champions League in the final, they entered with 8 whites and 3 blacks, and the 3 blacks were all defenders, the midfield and the attack were composed of whites), Its main players, mainly in the attack were white, Unfortunately after Bosnian Muslim Hasan salihamizdic (Former player and club legend ) took over the direction of football at the club in 2017 (Remembering that Bayern is an Sporting associative club With various sports They even have a basketball team that competes in the Euroleague, unlike English clubs and American franchises, Bayern has no owner and its presidents are elected by the members of the club) He started to infest the club with blacks.

Math1990

Guru
Arsenal The leader of the English championship drew today with west ham (2-2), with that they are four points Forward Manchester city, but Manchester city has a game to spare (Arsenal have 31 games and city 30 games Played), if Manchester city wins the missing game, then Manchester city is one point behind Arsenal with 7 games to go in the English championship, there are many chances for haaland to win the Premier League and Champions this year.

Haaland also have 8 games to score 3 goals to become the top scorer in a Premier League season since the league was founded in the early 90s.

Last edited:

Math1990

Guru
Interesting fun fact the English (Nigerian) Saka star of Arsenal, missed a decisive penalty when Arsenal were leading 2-1 against west ham, he knocked it out, With the converted penalty Arsenal could have won the game and opened 6 points of advantage, or at least 3 points (if Manchester city won their game less), Remembering that the same Saka missed the penalty that gave the title of the Euro to Italy against England in Wembley.

Phall

Master
Interesting fun fact the English (Nigerian) Saka star of Arsenal, missed a decisive penalty when Arsenal were leading 2-1 against west ham, he knocked it out, With the converted penalty Arsenal could have won the game and opened 6 points of advantage, or at least 3 points (if Manchester city won their game less), Remembering that the same Saka missed the penalty that gave the title of the Euro to Italy against England in Wembley.
This would be an interesting stat to research: how many teams ever let 21-yo's take penalties over the years.

I can see the logic and camaraderie in giving your top striker or on-field #10 the ball. But frankly, even the center-backs for Arsenal should have fared well in their PK competitions in their own younger years. In this era of hyper-statistics, your front office figures it out.

I wonder if the Arsenal "front office" prefers to live and die with BAKARY SAKA as the face of the franchise rather than trying to win the game.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
The thing is if you give an African a chance and he converts you look like a hero. If he misses no one will blame you.
Win-win

What happens if you insert a white guy to do the same?
If he misses you get crucified by work media and if he makes it you denied a young African a shot

Lose-lose

Just my sense of what animates these dumb ass decisions

Math1990

Guru
This would be an interesting stat to research: how many teams ever let 21-yo's take penalties over the years.

I can see the logic and camaraderie in giving your top striker or on-field #10 the ball. But frankly, even the center-backs for Arsenal should have fared well in their PK competitions in their own younger years. In this era of hyper-statistics, your front office figures it out.

I wonder if the Arsenal "front office" prefers to live and die with BAKARY SAKA as the face of the franchise rather than trying to win the game.
Saka is the face of the club/franchise (although I think Martinelli is a better player) and usually the face of the franchise when he's an attacker or attacking midfielder, he takes all the penalties, even if he doesn't hit well, Messi is an example, even though he is not an excellent penalty taker and having missed a somewhat high number of important penalties (Despite this, Messi has improved a lot in the last year)., he continued to beat all the penalties, But Saka is a very young guy, so I find it strange that he takes all the penalties, probably Arsenal didn't have a great penalty taker before he established himself Or the manager is forcing.

Phall

Master
Saka is the face of the club/franchise (although I think Martinelli is a better player) and usually the face of the franchise when he's an attacker or attacking midfielder, he takes all the penalties, even if he doesn't hit well, Messi is an example, even though he is not an excellent penalty taker and having missed a somewhat high number of important penalties (Despite this, Messi has improved a lot in the last year)., he continued to beat all the penalties, But Saka is a very young guy, so I find it strange that he takes all the penalties, probably Arsenal didn't have a great penalty taker before he established himself Or the manager is forcing.
What age was Messi when he became the default PK taker for his various all-star clubs? I would guess that it was later than age 21. I wonder if you have any examples other than the best player in the history of the sport defaulting by his team to PK duty.

Your idea that Arsenal did not have a "great penalty taker" before their African child-genius BAKARY SAKA entered the team is ridiculous. If everyone is average (or has failed recently and lacks confidence), rotation is the Natural Way.

You seem to be a poster who pushes back against the idea that the total racial replacement of whites in European soccer is a real "meh" observation. Maybe not important, maybe not worth mentioning, or maybe even banned from being mentioned. This rubs me the wrong way.

Fun question for you: is Martinelli "white?"

Math1990

Guru
Manchester City beat Arsenal 4-1, With this result, Manchester City goes to 73 points with 31 games and Arsenal stagnates with 75 points in 33 games, if Manchester wins the two games less, it will open a 4-point lead with 5 games left to end the championship, With the title of the current season, Manchester would win its third title in a row and its fifth in six championships.

The most striking thing is that one of the main face During this 6 years and in these last 3 years the main face of these achievements is the Belgian midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, That today against Arsenal was decisive scoring two goals, Haaland He also scored and if I'm not mistaken, now only 2 goals is missing to beat the Premier League record of 34 goals.

Phall

Master
Haaland scored again today and now has 36 goals after 32 games Premier League games played. Across all competitions, his season tally is up to 52, also an all-time modern record in progress. 96 years ago, a player named Dixie Dean scored 63 goals, apparently. Haaland will have 6 more league games and at least one, maybe two more Champions League ties to add to his tally and chase down that ridiculous number.

I would think this should get a little more press coverage, as history is being made each weekend. However, game reports from ESPN, Sky Sports, and BBC all focus on the 'man of the match' performance from the Turkish player Ilkay Gundogan. Only BBC even mentioned Haaland's tally at all at the tail end of their writeup. I recall the recent fanfare for Mohammed Salah's goal campaign a few years ago: international fawning, with non-sports journalists lining up editorials. I suspect that if Haaland was a "new German" or some other ethnic oddity, he'd get some extra attention.

Math1990

Guru
Haaland scored again today and now has 36 goals after 32 games Premier League games played. Across all competitions, his season tally is up to 52, also an all-time modern record in progress. 96 years ago, a player named Dixie Dean scored 63 goals, apparently. Haaland will have 6 more league games and at least one, maybe two more Champions League ties to add to his tally and chase down that ridiculous number.

I would think this should get a little more press coverage, as history is being made each weekend. However, game reports from ESPN, Sky Sports, and BBC all focus on the 'man of the match' performance from the Turkish player Ilkay Gundogan. Only BBC even mentioned Haaland's tally at all at the tail end of their writeup. I recall the recent fanfare for Mohammed Salah's goal campaign a few years ago: international fawning, with non-sports journalists lining up editorials. I suspect that if Haaland was a "new German" or some other ethnic oddity, he'd get some extra attention.
A very interesting fact, while Haaland was still in Norway in the molde, he was rejected by Everton because Everton preferred to bet on the mulatto Dominic Calvert-lewin, Everton must regret it to this day, but I think it was good, because Haaland went to Austria and scored many goals, raising his technique and confidence.

Math1990

Guru
Manchester city wiped the floor with Real Madrid, 4-0, Inter and Manchester City was the best possible final, City and inter With white-majority starting teams And city with white players being the stars of the team (With Bernardo Silva scoring twice against Real).

An interesting fact about inter is that it has 5 Italian players in the starting lineup, making a comparison with its historic rival and the one that inter beat in the semifinal, Milan only had two Italian players As a starter in the semifinals, The funniest is that throughout life inter has the famous for signing international (international is Internazionale in Italian that is the name of inter) players and valuing them more than Italians, And now Inter is the team with the most Italian starters among the greats of Italy.

Phall

Master
Really an excellent white-friendly Champions League final on CBS right now, certainly by recent UEFA club standards.

Manchester City is starting 7 whites (Ruben Dias, Stones, Grealish, Rodri, Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne, and Haaland), one South American mystery (Ederson), one Turk (Gundogan), and two blacks (Akanji, Ake).

Inter is starting 7 whites (Acerbi, Darmian, Bastoni, Dimarco, Brozovic, Barella, and Dzeko), one South American mystery (L. Martinez), one Turk (Calhanoglu), and two blacks (Onana, Dumfries). Credit to Inter for starting five Italians (Man City features two).

I was initially inclined to cheer for Haaland and De Bruyne to be recognized for their excellence. Inter is the heaviest underdog in 15 years of Champions League finals (+550). Considering their lineup today, I'm inclined to cast my lot with the Interistas today. Should be a fun (but conservative) game no matter who wins.

Last edited:

Math1990

Guru
Really an excellent white-friendly Champions League final on CBS right now, certainly by recent UEFA club standards.

Manchester City is starting 7 whites (Ruben Dias, Stones, Grealish, Rodri, Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne, and Haaland), one South American mystery (Ederson), one Turk (Gundogan), and two blacks (Akanji, Ake).

Inter is starting 7 whites (Acerbi, Darmian, Bastoni, Dimarco, Brozovic, Barella, and Dzeko), one South American mystery (L. Martinez), one Turk (Calhanoglu), and two blacks (Onana, Dumfries). Credit to Inter for starting five Italians (Man City features two).

I was initially inclined to cheer for Haaland and De Bruyne to be recognized for their excellence. Inter is the heaviest underdog in 15 years of Champions League finals (+550). Considering their lineup today, I'm inclined to cast my lot with the Interistas today. Should be a fun (but conservative) game no matter who wins.
Well, I think Lukaku isn't going to sleep well. He blocked a header from his own teammate, which is the second time he's done it in a final. The first time was against Sevilla in the Europa League final. Additionally, he missed a header just a few meters away from the goal with no one marking him, as he did against Croatia in the World Cup. I've never seen a european player being mocked as much as he is. They even made videos of his mistakes. Hahaha.

Math1990

Guru

The Internazionale surprised me; they played a tremendous game against Manchester City, who seemed a bit off their usual form. However, Inter truly deserved the title. I believe Manchester City will be the favorites for the next year, but we'll have to see if Guardiola will stay now that he has achieved his ultimate goal of winning the Champions League.

icsept

Master
Watching Norway v Scotland European Qualifiers. First time watching Haaland. Big, left footed Viking. Made a PK. Later, he was way offside on a play, but waited for the Scot defenseman to get to the ball and just plowed him for fun. Blew him up like a free safety. I’m a fan.