Shea McClellin

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Great game for McClellin (9 tackles, blocked field goal), who is finally a starter in NE after Jamie Collins was traded to the Browns...

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Wow, great play by McClellin! Observe his athleticism. Mention this to the DWFs.

Johnny_U

Guru
I thought only supa affletes and poly's with booootiful hair (Polamalu) could make that play. Not stiff, non-shifty, hard hat wearing White boys lol

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
250 pound Peyton Hillis was leaping over black defensive players on an almost weekly basis in 2010.

Ambrose

Master
250 pound Peyton Hillis was leaping over black defensive players on an almost weekly basis in 2010.

Yes, and as I recall, this site was about the only place where he got almost daily publicity for his 1000 yard+ season.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Honestly, Shea McClellin was a bust in Chicago. We all had high hopes after he was selected in the 1st round in 2012 and he simply didn't perform. He also missed a few games in each season due to injury. It's great to see him have a little success in NE. It's rare for a white defender selected in the 1st round to be a "bust" and the only other one I can remember in the past 15 years is DT Adam Carriker (13th overall by the Rams in 2007). Carriker was fantastic at Nebraska and was one of the strongest men to ever play in the NFL in terms of weight-lifting. He was drafted high, he served no "racial apprenticeship" who was a day-one starter and rarely missed a snap throughout the course of a season. He just wasn't very good pro. The guy could bench a metric ton, but couldn't accumulate more than a 1 tackle per game...

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mcclellin bounced around from DE to LB in Chicago. He was drafted as a pass rushing DE. I actually remember he generated some positive buzz last year as he became acclimated to the LB position. It is nice to see him making an impact for the Pats.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
McClellin thrived as a middle linebacker last year. The Bears misused him quite a bit by shifting him to different positions. I wouldn't call him a bust unless he flames out in New England.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Ironically, I've thought of posting about McClellin as his last 2 games have been solid. I'd like to see this kid continue improving. I hadn't followed him previously, but he obviously has a lotta potential.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Maybe he's benefiting from the coaching in NE.