Seattle Seahawks General Thread

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
What a surprising endorsement, not:

(thehuddle) Seattle Seahawks QB Geno Smith got an endorsement for the starting job from former teammate and free-agent LB K.J. Wright. 'I'll tell you not Baker Mayfield,' Wright said. 'Not Drew Lock. We ain't gonna play those games. I'm team Geno all day.' Wright went on to explain why Smith is his choice. 'Geno was good.. He was scout team quarterback. The dude has a cannon for an arm. He's intellectual, you know, having those two-minute drills during practice throughout the week, the man can play. Just trust him, just trust Geno.'

Lol an intellectual? Smiff is a moron and his career backs that up. He didn’t pay off a betting debt - his teammate broke his jaw. He missed a meeting because time zones confused him. He got arrested this off-season for DUI and threatened police. Not to mention the look of retardation on his face when he is on the football field.

wile

Master
What a surprising endorsement, not:

(thehuddle) Seattle Seahawks QB Geno Smith got an endorsement for the starting job from former teammate and free-agent LB K.J. Wright. 'I'll tell you not Baker Mayfield,' Wright said. 'Not Drew Lock. We ain't gonna play those games. I'm team Geno all day.' Wright went on to explain why Smith is his choice. 'Geno was good.. He was scout team quarterback. The dude has a cannon for an arm. He's intellectual, you know, having those two-minute drills during practice throughout the week, the man can play. Just trust him, just trust Geno.'

Since I have no desire for Seattle to win any games I certainly hope the "intellectual" starts all the games.

wile

Master
Blacks always back Blacks no matter the reality and truths.

Yeah I don't mind when someone sticks up for his or her people, matter of fact I would probably mistrust a person if they showed no inclination to doing just that. But this is obvious delusion and hence an easy point for us to make.

As an aside many blacks are finding out what white liberal "anti-racists" are all about, since if they are big into anti-white racial bigotry where does the racial bigotry stop, it sure ain't Clarence Thomas or any other black who has reservations about the wonderfulness of white liberals.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Gotta feel for the crap Cody Barton is going through to try to secure a starting job in Pete's Plantation. Reuben Foster, the oft-injured goon who hasn't played in the league since 2018 but Seahawks DWFs are giddy with anticipation. Some random anonymous fan is used in this article to slam Barton. One can bet that the unnamed "fan" is likely the writer of the article, a dweeb named Daniel Kucher:

Ruben Foster is going to practice with the NFC West team on Sunday. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Foster is going to train with the Seattle Seahawks. He hopes to return after recovering from major knee surgery, but hasn’t played in the NFL since 2018. Foster was last with the Washington Commanders after they picked him up on waivers from the San Francisco 49ers. San Francisco originally cut him after his arrest for domestic violence.

In 2019, Foster suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament, which caused him to miss this and next season (2020). He didn’t play last season after no one signed him.

NFL fans reacted ambiguously to this news. “A very unpleasant past. I don’t think talent was the reason they didn’t sign him. Maybe he was just gathering information if they had an emergency. Or it could have been an understanding that Cody Barton is not a starter in the NFL,” one of them said. said the fan.

Let’s see if Foster can impress the Seahawks staff enough to get a contract.

https://www.somagnews.com/ruben-fos...pun-whats-trending-in-the-sports-world-today/

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Gotta feel for the crap Cody Barton is going through to try to secure a starting job in Pete's Plantation. Reuben Foster, the oft-injured goon who hasn't played in the league since 2018 but Seahawks DWFs are giddy with anticipation. Some random anonymous fan is used in this article to slam Barton. One can bet that the unnamed "fan" is likely the writer of the article, a dweeb named Daniel Kucher:

Ruben Foster is going to practice with the NFC West team on Sunday. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Foster is going to train with the Seattle Seahawks. He hopes to return after recovering from major knee surgery, but hasn’t played in the NFL since 2018. Foster was last with the Washington Commanders after they picked him up on waivers from the San Francisco 49ers. San Francisco originally cut him after his arrest for domestic violence.

In 2019, Foster suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament, which caused him to miss this and next season (2020). He didn’t play last season after no one signed him.

NFL fans reacted ambiguously to this news. “A very unpleasant past. I don’t think talent was the reason they didn’t sign him. Maybe he was just gathering information if they had an emergency. Or it could have been an understanding that Cody Barton is not a starter in the NFL,” one of them said. said the fan.

Let’s see if Foster can impress the Seahawks staff enough to get a contract.

https://www.somagnews.com/ruben-fos...pun-whats-trending-in-the-sports-world-today/

Barton is more than capable! I did see they cut Ben Burr-Kirven with an injury designation last week.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2...ase-lb-ben-burr-kirven-after-failed-physical/

jacque

Guru
Ben Burr Kirven was one of my favorite college players of all time. Sad sad sad

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This career journeyman never had more than 40 combined tackles in a season before "exploding" for 66 last year (41 solo 25 assisted) along with 9.5 sacks and gets a 3 year $59 million extension with $32 million guaranteed.

Meanwhile Drue Tranquill had a phenomenal 146 combined tackles last year with 5 sacks and gets a 1 year $3 million deal with Kansas City, where he might not even be a starter. The NFL's discrepancy in pay based on race is becoming as blatant as the Caste System itself.

Seahawks signed LB Uchenna Nwosu to a three-year, $59 million extension.
The deal includes $32 million in guaranteed money and comes after the veteran pass rusher accumulated a career high 66 tackles and 9.5 sacks in his first season with Seattle. The Seahawks bolster their pass rush moving forward as they look to take advantage of a declining NFC West division.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
All the press I can find for WR Jake Bobo is positive as he’s been a standout in camp and backed it up with a strong performance in the 2st game. It’s noteworthy too that he started last night, which puts him squarely 2nd on the depth chart. Everywhere I’ve seen puts him at 5 or 6 overall which should land him a spot on the final roster, barring he implodes or gets hurt.

Another guy worth highlighting was 3rd year LB Jon Rhattigan from Army. He was the starter and signal caller in place of Bobby Wagner. He responded with a team leading 9 total tackles. If Wagner retires, or moves on again due to Seattle trying to cut cost, I can see Rhattigan stepping in to be Seattle’s 1 token White defender like Cody Barton was last year.

Ben Burr-Kirven also got a nice shoutout after being out almost 2 years. I had no idea his injury was so horrific. I think best case for him is a spot as a WSTD or practice squad as he works back from the injury.

https://amp.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article278150927.html

As I mentioned elsewhere, Seattle still isn’t great but depending on how a few of these guys shake out I’d put them ahead of the Browns for honor of worst Caste Squad.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Bobo isn't fast, but fast enough to get open

You just cheered me up. Thanks for posting this. He was more than fast enough in the Pac 12. He had to be hurt because there is no way
he is that slow. The kid catches anything and everything. Athletic with incredible hand eye coordination. Good luck to Jake Bobo tommorow!

El Gringo

Mentor

That was a really good article! Bobo got a lot of praise from Plantation Pete who’s never met a white skill position player he didn’t screw over! Hopefully Jake is the exception to the rule.

jphoss

Mentor

It’s great Bobo is getting good press but that article was so disparaging towards a white player I’m surprised it wasn’t written by a tiny hat. It illustrates what’s wrong with how culture at large defines “athlete”. Bobo possesses elite athleticism through exceptional body control, spatial tracking, his sense of pace and leverage, his great hands and coordination. But to everyone he isn’t a true athlete because to be considered that you must run fast in a straight line in shorts in a controlled environment. It’s such retarded low iq thinking! I really couldn’t pick a less transferable way to test someone’s athleticism than that. And running a fast 40 does not mean you are a fast football player. I can guarantee Bobo’s central nervous system processes information quicker than most “affletes” meaning he gets into a more advantageous position quicker and with less distance covered so he is the one who shows superior velocity of movement. This is all so infuriating and not a surprise bc we have devolved to the lowest common denominator as a society

Rocky B

Master
I’ve looked at three recent roster projections, and all had Bobo and Cody Thompson on there....Good news

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It’s great Bobo is getting good press but that article was so disparaging towards a white player I’m surprised it wasn’t written by a tiny hat. It illustrates what’s wrong with how culture at large defines “athlete”. Bobo possesses elite athleticism through exceptional body control, spatial tracking, his sense of pace and leverage, his great hands and coordination. But to everyone he isn’t a true athlete because to be considered that you must run fast in a straight line in shorts in a controlled environment. It’s such retarded low iq thinking! I really couldn’t pick a less transferable way to test someone’s athleticism than that. And running a fast 40 does not mean you are a fast football player. I can guarantee Bobo’s central nervous system processes information quicker than most “affletes” meaning he gets into a more advantageous position quicker and with less distance covered so he is the one who shows superior velocity of movement. This is all so infuriating and not a surprise bc we have devolved to the lowest common denominator as a society

Fantastic post!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I’ve looked at three recent roster projections, and all had Bobo and Cody Thompson on there....Good news
If that happens, someone should take Plantation Pete to a medical facility immediately. This could be a sign of early onset dementia or Alzheimer’s…

SneakyQuick

Mentor
What you’re saying makes sense but it would appear that the way the nfl combine views guys is purely based on their 40 time. It’s a convenient way to filter talent out, and sadly it seems to hurt our guys more, relatively.

The fact that Jerry rice had a slow 40 time but was arguably the best receiver (or nearly the best) of his generation proves that is true for both white and black athletes.

It would take a coach who had revolutionary thinking to change the paradigm and the odds do seem against it. Hopefully, the fact that Cooper Kupp did as well as he did will help pace the way a bit more .

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What you’re saying makes sense but it would appear that the way the nfl combine views guys is purely based on their 40 time. It’s a convenient way to filter talent out, and sadly it seems to hurt our guys more, relatively.

The fact that Jerry rice had a slow 40 time but was arguably the best receiver (or nearly the best) of his generation proves that is true for both white and black athletes.

It would take a coach who had revolutionary thinking to change the paradigm and the odds do seem against it. Hopefully, the fact that Cooper Kupp did as well as he did will help pace the way a bit more .
No, it's not. Jerry Rice was a virtual unknown drafted in the first round out of a small school, 16th overall, despite not having a fast 40 time. When was Bobo drafted?

Sorry sport, but your post indicates in a number of ways that you still don't understand even the basics of the Caste System, why it exists and how it's perpetuated. Again, you're posting way out of your element.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Chaz Seahawks just signed a black center to back up the black one currently listed as the starter. They also signed TE Noah Fant, who's been a semi-bust given all the hype about his alleged mouth watering athleticism. At this point they have an all black starting 22. The only possible exception is LB Patrick O'Connell, currently listed by OurLads as a starter, but given the way they forced a racial apprenticeship on Cody Barton, it would be a huge upset if O'Connell is starting come September as he only played in one game last season. They'll surely draft or sign someone off the street with more "upside" before going with O'Connell.

Snow Plow

Guru
The Chaz Seahawks just signed a black center to back up the black one currently listed as the starter. They also signed TE Noah Fant, who's been a semi-bust given all the hype about his alleged mouth watering athleticism. At this point they have an all black starting 22. The only possible exception is LB Patrick O'Connell, currently listed by OurLads as a starter, but given the way they forced a racial apprenticeship on Cody Barton, it would be a huge upset if O'Connell is starting come September as he only played in one game last season. They'll surely draft or sign someone off the street with more "upside" before going with O'Connell.
Would this be the first you’ve ever seen? I can’t remember a team with 22 black starters.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's been a few with 21 but none that regularly started all 22 that I can recall. I'm sure the Browns would like to follow suit but they have a few top quality overachievers on their o-line that they still need.