Room Brightening Smiles

To quote Duran Duran: Save your prayers.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
"Oh man...
People here are so paranoid!"

There are hundreds of examples here of announcers fawning over blacks perceived "room brightening smiles." Give us three examples of a white athlete being described in such a way.

If you cannot give us these examples then admit you are wrong and that the media is racially biased towards blacks and that this is an example of racism.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Kevin Iole of Yahoo again. This time it is Rampage Jackson and a "magnetic smile."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_y...14?slug=ki-quinton_rampage_jackson_ufc_052711

"Jackson remains one of the world's best â€" and most popular â€" mixed martial arts fighters. He's a former Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight champion who became popular as much for his quick wit, magnetic smile and engaging personality as he did for his thunderous slams and crushing knockouts."

By the way, Rampage hasn't knocked anyone out since 2008 and has exactly one KO in his last 6 fights.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
http://tiftongazette.com/local/x1406722922/Fitzgerald-football-player-dies-at-camp

“Numerous administrators, teachers and coaches describe D.J. as a ‘great kid.' He was a good student with a positive attitude who was always smiling. He was an outstanding athlete, a favorite of students and staff. The school, friends and family will miss the smiling face of this beloved young man.

If they didn't mention it twice, I wouldn't have posted this story. Also, with all of the errant quotation marks in the article, it looks like an AA wrote this..

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Of course, we could fill up the RBS thread with posts about the "superior athlete" sCam Newton and his yellow bug-light smile. Here is a thread from NFL.com about how wonderful he is and how much his fans adore him and hate that white boy Jimmy Clausen. Of course, in the article is this line:

"Newton, who signed a four-year, $22 million contract with a team option for a fifth season, spent much of Saturday flashing his million-dollar smile....."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, sCam/Scum is big grinning and laughing it all the way to the bank.

DWFan

Mentor
Are the media really this dumb, or is it that they really think we're this dumb? This constant "smile" garbage seems to place them at the mental level of six year-olds.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
DWFan, I believe the media thinks we are that dumb. Politicians certainly do. The sad part is that a lot of Americans are that dumb, thanks to years of brainwashing and the fedgov telling them what to do.

Last edited:

DWFan

Mentor
I really want to argue with that, Colonel, but I can't. I wonder how low they'd stoop if they were pulling this on native Africans!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I've said it many times before, but it bears repeating. Any "man" who fawns over the physical features of another man is a borderline (if not closeted or full-fledge) homosexual. Real men don't go about eye'ing other dudes. These caste lackeys & DWFs who harp on "smiles" of afroletes are definitely lacking in the testosterone department.
:cheer2:

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Red Alert! Red Alert!

A black sports writer has joined the "room brightening smile" club. Mike Freeman from CBS Sports on Ndamukong Suh:

"It's official: Ndamukong Suh is a dirty player. He no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt. There's too much evidence to the contrary. That great smile, nice off-field demeanor and cool ass car commercial can no longer shield him from what has become a definite. He plays dirty."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...hanges-lions-culture-makes-him-a-dirty-player

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Red Alert! Red Alert!

A black sports writer has joined the "room brightening smile" club. Mike Freeman from CBS Sports on Ndamukong Suh:

"It's official: Ndamukong Suh is a dirty player. He no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt. There's too much evidence to the contrary. That great smile, nice off-field demeanor and cool ass car commercial can no longer shield him from what has become a definite. He plays dirty."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...hanges-lions-culture-makes-him-a-dirty-player

Yes, Suh is a truly magnificent creature. Stellar sportsmanship, God-like beauty, and that room-brightening smile humanized into one fat black bundle…

108801830_display_image.jpg

suh-looking.jpg

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Dang, Thrash! You had to ruin my afternoon with an image of Suh's cranial fat folds. I need to wash my eyes out! :puke:

Rebajlo

Mentor
Forget the NFL, NBA, et cetera. The finest media-friendly smiles are from Barbados (oops, sorry - England). Check out the "English" 1980s test cricketer Gladstone "No Neck" Small :biggrin::

Gladstone_Small-3.jpg

Gladstone_Small-1.jpg

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Rebajlo, that mug looks like a dwarf.

Rebajlo

Mentor
Dixie - To be fair, Small's hunched "little or no neck" appearance is actually due to a rare congenital condition. His black mug, however, bears the distinctive sparkling intelligence which is responsible for that remarkable catalogue of cultural and scientific achievements of the denizens of sub-Saharan Africa.

Back in the second half of the 1980s, England often played two black pace bowlers - the Barbados-born Small and Dominican-born Phil DeFreitas (below):

small__14_12_2007_15_17_M562.jpg

I remember my Dad almost foaming at the mouth whenever those black oafs were out on the field, as he still supported England despite migrating to Australia years before I was born. Being Australian, the fact that the England cricket team contained blacks provided me with an opportunity to give him plenty of stick :icon_wink:. I might have laughed then, but the smiles have since been well and truly wiped off my face, as both the English-born black Andrew Symonds and Pakistan-born Usman Khawaja have dirtied the sacred baggy green cap... :mad2:

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Boston's locker room goes dark

The Red Sox will have to find alternative ways to light the team's locker room now that Poppy's megawatt smile has been replaced by a blank stare.

The pitching is in shambles. The hitting is spotty. And the defense? The Boston Red Sox are dropping the ball there, too.

In less than three weeks, they've blundered their way from a smooth ride to the playoffs to a bumpy trip toward a spot on the list of historic collapses. And, somehow during their wacky September, they still have the inside track on a postseason berth.

But, boy, what a way to go.

"I've been here, what, nine years? We've never collapsed that bad," said David Ortiz, his room-brightening smile replaced by a blank stare. "We've been through some tough times, (but) it's bad. No matter what we do, things are going to be bad."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseba...x_still_have_edge_for_wild_card_despite_flop/

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
"said David Ortiz, his room-brightening smile replaced by a blank stare."

It's always the funniest when they actually use "room brightening smile" rather than "million dollar smile" or something like that.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Time for an update for this thread:

Venus Williams won in her first singles match since August, dispatching Kimiko Date-Krumm 6-0, 6-3 at the Sony Ericsson Open on Wednesday. She beamed wide, raised her arms in victory, then skipped to the net to shake's Date-Krumm's hand before twirling around and pumping her arms in a celebration worthy of winning the title, not just a first match.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/22/venus-williams-match-key-biscayne-sjogrens_n_1372353.html

Venus's room brightener:
68964706.jpg

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This AP article was carried in the daily rag as its obligatory regular homage to Griffin. Given inflation and all the corporate endorsement money being thrown at him, shouldn't Griffin's smile be a billion dollar one or even a trillion dollar one? The author of the piece clearly is denigrating Griffin's worth and should be fired for thinly veiled racism.

Redskins' RG3 lives up to billing

Robert Griffin III sat on a sofa, working the controls of a new video game, the always-present dog tags and fiance's high school ring dangling from his neck. His speech is flush with self-confidence. He is fully aware of what he's done and what he means to the Washington Redskins, just seven games into his career.

He has quickly become one of most dynamic players in the NFL.

"I didn't come in joking," Griffin said in an interview Tuesday with The Associated Press. "I came in working hard. You don't come in showing them all your personality all at one time, because then you can become extremely annoying. So you want to come in and show them, 'Hey, I'm a hardworking guy. Coach brought me here for a reason, to help us win.' And you build that reputation through the preseason games, through practice.

"I've done it through the first seven games," he continued, "and now I don't think there's a player on this team that has any doubt that I'm a leader of a football team, and that every time we step on the football field we have a chance to win, not only because I'm their quarterback, but because they're out there with me.

"It's something you build over time. Kind of like if you're dating a girl: You don't show her everything on the first date."

Then he flashed that million-dollar RG3 smile.

full article: http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/prin...=20121024_223_B8_CUTLIN898665&PrintComments=1

davidholly

Mentor
Such a room brightening smile...
attachment.php

Attachments

• s1gremlinsstripe1.jpg
    s1gremlinsstripe1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 76

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Just experienced a double dose on HBO Boxing tonight.

Announcer Bob Papa described black Puerto Rican Thomas Dulorme as having "a smile that can light up a room."

Then, about 20 minutes later, Papa noted Dulorme's "one thousand watt smile."

Still waiting to hear of the first white athlete (or even non-black athlete) who has a "room brightening smile."