Pittsburgh chases more diversity!

foreverfree

Mentor
Skipperron said:
I did ask them why it was ok for everyone on the board to Call Adam LaRoche "Adam LaWhiff" and whether that was a racist remark against left handed white first basemen.

What was their answer? Were they "brave" enough to answer?

John

Skipperron

Guru
foreverfree said:
Skipperron said:
I did ask them why it was ok for everyone on the board to Call Adam LaRoche "Adam LaWhiff" and whether that was a racist remark against left handed white first basemen.

What was their answer? Were they "brave" enough to answer?

John

Actually a couple of guys came on and defended me and made jokes that were a heck of a lot more controversial than I made. The original protester and the few others that complained never said anything else. Surprise Surprise Surprise.

Skipperron

Guru
And in Pittsburgh tonight before the game Paul Waner had his number retired. I love it. Another white guy with his number on the ballpark wall. and they also called out for Craig Biggio of the Astros to come out and receive an ovation for getting 3000 hits and said he would one day be in the hall of fame. Classy move.Edited by: Skipperron

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Orioles are the most mismanged, but the Pirates are the most pathetic franchise in pro sports. They are well on their way to their 15th straight losing season, which is one short of the Phillies all-time record of 16 straight losing seasons, which is the longest of any franchise in any sport. The most consecutive losing seasons in other sports are 14 straight in the NFL (Tampa), 15 straight in the NHL (Vancouver), and 15 straight in the NBA (Kansas City/Sacramento Kings). Go Buccos, go!

foreverfree

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
The Orioles are the most mismanged, but the Pirates are the most pathetic franchise in pro sports.  They are well on their way to their 15th straight losing season, which is one short of the Phillies all-time record of 16 straight losing seasons, which is the longest of any franchise in any sport.  The most consecutive losing seasons in other sports are 14 straight in the NFL (Tampa), 15 straight in the NHL (Vancouver), and 15 straight in the NBA (Kansas City/Sacramento Kings).  Go Buccos, go! 

None other than the Phillies pushed the Bucs closer to that 15th straight losing campaign, completing a 3-game sweep today.

John

foreverfree

Mentor
Realgeorge said:
Mirror, mirror on the wall, Who's the most miserable Baseball franchise of them all?

It's a toss-up between the Barbecued Birds of Baltimore The Pittsburgh Pirates, that's who. The fans had the right idea wanting to go on strike in each city. MLB could host the Worst World Series at the end of the year between the two most underachieving teams ... it would be the Bucs and the Birds

I grew up in the seventies watching the Bucs and Birds (and Reds and [for a time] Athletics) set standards of excellence, and later in the decade, the rejuvenated, Steinbrenner-ized Bronx Bombers. All of the above collectively owned the WS in the seventies. No other teams won it in that decade.

PIT and BAL especially stand out in my memory because they were the WS teams in 1971, the year I a) turned 10 years old b) attended my first MLB game, in Philly (my home area), and c) otherwise really got into baseball. The Bucs dethroned the Birds in seven games that year. I confess to idolizing Roberto Clemente, the '71 WS MVP.
smiley9.gif
In '79, the Pirates beat the Orioles again, again in 7 games.

John

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Clemente--although one of the first major Latinos with an annoying "attitude"--was a great baseball player.

The '79 WS broke my heart! We should have won!

LabMan

Mentor
As Neil Walker waits........,

The Pittsburgh Pirates dire catching situation gets worse,Fine prospect,Neil Walker was converted to a third baseman,just the thing to do when you know that you need catching help,but this has been the way that management has handled many situations.

The Brewers bring third baseman Ryan Braun to the majors,as do the Diamond Backs,with Mark Reynolds.Both have been able to handle the job quite well.The Pirates considered bringing in veteran Troy Glaus,but did not act.

We are now informed that outfielder Andrew McCutchen has improved his game at the minor league level,and this may lead to his call up.

And Neil Walker waits...........!

voice

Guru
speaking of the Birds they used to have a pitcher from the "field of dreams" area in Iowa where I grew up. Mike Boddicker was an excellent pitcher in the major leagues for a number of years from Norway, Ia just outside Cedar Rapids.

Norway used to come to town to play our team and they were in the smallest school class whereas we were a large school baseball powerhouse at this time. They would usually split the doubleheader!

On another note, my old coach's son (our batboy) was the 3rd overall pick of the Mariners last year and broke the high school home run record!

He could be one to watch in the next few years

[url]http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Je ff%20Clement&pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=459943 [/url]

Skipperron

Guru
LabMan said:
As Neil Walker waits........,

The Pittsburgh Pirates dire catching situation gets worse,Fine prospect,Neil Walker was converted to a third baseman,just the thing to do when you know that you need catching help,but this has been the way that management has handled many situations.

The Brewers bring third baseman Ryan Braun to the majors,as do the Diamond Backs,with Mark Reynolds.Both have been able to handle the job quite well.The Pirates considered bringing in veteran Troy Glaus,but did not act.

We are now informed that outfielder Andrew McCutchen has improved his game at the minor league level,and this may lead to his call up.

And Neil Walker waits...........!

This frustrates me no end. Walker has outhit McCutchen in spring training and all year in the minors but the only player they talk about is little Cutch. Fans are calling for him to be brought up. All the other center fielders are just keeping the position "warm" for Cutch. On and on and on. The Pirate announcers still talk about how McCutchen is not intimidated. He belongs. As if that is all it takes. In spring training Bixler and Walker outhit and outplayed him but were sent down 2 weeks ahead of him. McCutchen got to stay as a reward for his excellent way he handled himself. It is sickening.

Skipperron

Guru
As far as that goes Steven Pearce is a better ball player than McCutchen. Sorry but the mention of our new superstar is like a burr under my saddle.

LabMan

Mentor
As the elite continue to condition the public into believing that non-whites are better athletes than Whites,there is one constant that will not go away,and that is,"the ball will find you"!
Center field is the main position that the social engineers would like to take away from the White baseball player,this experiment in futility has been going on for years in Pittsburgh when Emile Brown,and Tike Redmond took so many "bad routes to the baseball"that changes had to be made.However,they will not rest until the artifically elevated center fielder is accepted by the fans in all cities that have major league teams.
As more Whites are cowed into believing that "diversity is our strength",count on them to sell out their own people,because to think otherwise may be racist.

Skipperron

Guru
I post on PittsburghLive.com. You should see and read all the politically correct racial crap on there. And they will tell you that we need hispanics because they are better baseball players than white american players plus they even claim they don't get injured as much. They cannot stop calling for the Pirates to trade for or sign scum like Elijah Dukes or Milton Bradley. And the hatred by most on there against Jack Wilson and Chris Duffy is incredible. by the way Jack is on a tear, going 8 for his last 15 and yet was on the bench tonight replaced by Izturis. Jack pinch hit in the 10th and homered. Also we got a little darker again as Jonah Bayliss was sent down and VERY dark Franquelis Osorio was recalled.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jack Wilson is the All American Boy. No wonder he's so hated-- he elicits in the drunk white fans a vague memory of what America once was and is a reminder of how whites have sold their souls to the devil for a bunch of lies. White self-loathing iseasy to takeout on white athletes.

LabMan

Mentor
Our "Buccos" are now 20 games below 500.It may have been very difficult but 38 year old Japanese pitcher Masumi Kuwata has been released.He is replaced by Franquelis Osorio,and "Sugar Shane Youman",as he is called by the Fox "caste-casters" in Pittsburgh has been relegated to the bullpen,"Sugar shane" is of Nigerian ancestry.

The web site American Renaissance,www.amren.com. now has a story posted saying that the city of Pittsburgh may not survive unless it increases diversity at "all"levels of business.The writer is an immigrant from India,and does not mention how diversity has helped the Pittsburgh pitching staff.

Skipperron

Guru
The Pirates recently brought Neil Walker up from double A ball to play in Indy at AAA. This move is deserved, as he has hit all season long. However, the Pirates seemed to feel that they could not bring a white player up without also rewarding a black one. the saviour of Pittsburgh, Andrew McCutchen was also rewarded with a move from AA to Indys AAA team. The problem with that is he has stunk ever since the season began. They like to say he is now hitting the ball but the obvious reason: you cannot reward a white without an equal move being made for a black.

Also the pirate fans on the website in Pittsburgh still complain the team is too white and that we need more hispanics to improve our athleticism and more blacks to increase the excitement, since whites are not atheletes and they are boring as well. They need to take a look at our bullpen. Other than a few whites, the best players (Capps and Grabow) it is hispanic and very very black. and they are not doing much except for Marte.

LabMan

Mentor
Relief pitcher Solomon Torres goes to the D/L with elbow problems,so here is a chance to bring up one of the fine young White American relievers who have thrown from T-ball,little league,colt league,pony league,high school,semi-pro,and college!

Well,maybe not,Romulo Sanchez gets the call!

Skipperron

Guru
LabMan said:
Relief pitcher Solomon Torres goes to the D/L with elbow problems,so here is a chance to bring up one of the fine young White American relievers who have thrown from T-ball,little league,colt league,pony league,high school,semi-pro,and college!

Well,maybe not,Romulo Sanchez gets the call!

Yeah, he had done good lately but the guy that has been lights out all year long at Altoona is Matt Peterson. He has been excellent but ignored. They did bring him up to AAA for about a week and 3 games but then sent him back down, even though he was great up there as well. Starting to look like he will never make it and it will not be long till the whole bullpen in black or hispanic. I think we have just 2 white players there now. Capps and Grabow.Edited by: Skipperron

Skipperron

Guru
Mixed in with the Nyjer Morgans and Juan Perezs of the Pirates callups was one of the more important callups in a while. I am talking about the best hitter in the Pirates farm system this year or in a long while. Steven Pearce. This kid is for real. He is a firstbaseman and is blocked there so he has been playing in right. He can handle the job. But mainly he hits. He has a smooth swing with a ton of power and gap power. He does not mind swinging with a 2 strike count and has enough speed to steal bases. He is special although if you read the Pittsburgh papers all the articles are about Nyjer Morgan and the fact that he has a nice smile and used to play hockey and can run fast and his mother is nice and well you get the picture. They are concentrating on Morgan and hoping he sticks but the white kid Pearce is the guy who will have the most impact.

LabMan

Mentor
Steve Pearce is the one to watch Skipperron,but the elite who run the system,and feed us what they want us to hear and know,will not stop until we accept non-Whites as the ultimate center fielder,shortstop,second baseman,pitcher,catcher etc.

The real "decider",is the baseball,it will find you!,the artifically elevated player cannot cover up their bad routes,slow reactions,non crow hop throws,after the catch is made,to those of us who know the game

In reality,the baseball will be branded as "racist",for not co-operating with these players trying to make the plays,even though they have"dug-out illuminating smiles"!

LabMan

Mentor
The Pirates played the Cardinals tonight,and when Nyjer Morgan led off the game,the Pirate/Fox play by play announcers said the following,"He has an infectious personality,is very outgoing,is always smiling,and is a good kid"!

The second rookie call up,Steve Pearce,also played tonight,and when he came to bat was ignored until he had a 2and2 count on him,at this point,one of the caste announcers said,"Pearce comes from Lakeland Florida"!and that was it!

Of course,Steve Pearce is a White man!

Skipperron

Guru
It is like that on tv and in the papers. It really gets on your nerves. Nyjer Morgan has speed and that is it. His arm is so weak he could not even prevent a runner moving up to second from first on a flyout. And nothing was said about that. You would think Pearce is just a backup/career minor leaguer instead of the best hitter in the whole Pirates farm system. And what happened to bringing up Brian Bixler, another young white player that had an excellent season?

Skipperron

Guru
The Cardinal announcers were complaining about the Pirates lack of hispanic players a couple of days ago. They talked about how the Pirates were the only team not to have signed an hispanic to at least a $100,000 contract. Now on the Pirate board someone has posted the same comments. I asked where was the Lithuanian, Mongolian and Serbian players. Why had we not signed and scouted those countries. I guess they will call me racist again but Lord I am so tired of this. I didn't know that it now mattered how many were signed above a certain amount of money. I simply thought the goal was to have 90% hispanics in the league. Jeez, look at the Pirates bullpen. Virtually every player is of hispanic origin. This is so frustrating.

LabMan

Mentor
Frustrating indeed,but keep speaking out,it is the only way to make people aware of the grossly unfair treatment of White athletes.

I imagine that the parents of Nate McClouth,the very good White centerfielder,who was starting to play the position well,and hit with some power,are feeling a bit uneasy,as the caste-powers that be,attempt to diplace and replace Nate with Nyjer Morgan,it will be interesting to see how that situation turns out.

Skipperron

Guru
LabMan said:
Frustrating indeed,but keep speaking out,it is the only way to make people aware of the grossly unfair treatment of White athletes.

I imagine that the parents of Nate McClouth,the very good White centerfielder,who was starting to play the position well,and hit with some power,are feeling a bit uneasy,as the caste-powers that be,attempt to diplace and replace Nate with Nyjer Morgan,it will be interesting to see how that situation turns out.

You got that right, Labman. McLouth had hit over .320 the last few weeks, also hitting homers at a very good pace. He has the most homers for a Pirate centerfielder since Andy Van Slyke hit 14. And then when Nyjer Morgan came up McLouth went to the bench (until today). And Morgan is so overmatched it is pitifull. But you will not here anyone say that on tv.