Peyton Hillis

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I watched a small part of the Giants - Redskins game.

One player immediately stood out to me on offense, Peyton Hillis. He stood out to me even before I realized who he was.

Clearly, Hillis is a premier talent. There's no question Hillis is a top running back as far as his performance on the field.

Hillis's problems have always been opportunities and injuries. When healthy and given a chance he excels.

Hillis should be a starting running back for some team.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Good news if true.

The Newark Star-Ledger expects Peyton Hillis to continue to "eat into" Andre Williams' snaps.

Williams out-snapped Hillis just 39-34 last Monday night against the Colts, and the two have been splitting reps for the past three weeks since Rashad Jennings went down with a sprained MCL. Don't expect it to change this week in Seattle, and don't be surprised if Hillis comes out on top Sunday. He's better in pass pro and can catch. Neither player is much more than an RB3.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
What's up with Hillis? Is he still with the Giants?

I believe Hillis is currently a free agent. Hillis, when healthy, has proven to be one of the top running backs in the league.

You know who should give him a chance? Cleveland, where he had so much success.

That's a franchise that could use a shot in the arm. Hillis could give it to them.

Bob

Hi everyone - long time lurker, first time poster etc.

Anyone catch this article on Peyton over at Bleacher Report?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2551700-the-peyton-hillis-story-from-madden-cover-to-outside-looking-in

Interesting insight into Hillis' NFL story, although they neatly sidestepped delving into the reasons why he was overlooked for so much of his career. A bit disappointing though, as it would have been a great opportunity to get Hillis' perspective on whether he felt his race was a contributing factor in the decline of his career.

In any case it seems pretty clear from the article that he is out of the NFL for the forseeable future (he's currently volunteering at a high school in Arkansas).

PHillisFan

Master
Hi everyone - long time lurker, first time poster etc.

Anyone catch this article on Peyton over at Bleacher Report?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2551700-the-peyton-hillis-story-from-madden-cover-to-outside-looking-in

Interesting insight into Hillis' NFL story, although they neatly sidestepped delving into the reasons why he was overlooked for so much of his career. A bit disappointing though, as it would have been a great opportunity to get Hillis' perspective on whether he felt his race was a contributing factor in the decline of his career.

In any case it seems pretty clear from the article that he is out of the NFL for the forseeable future (he's currently volunteering at a high school in Arkansas).

Thanks for sharing. It would truly seem PH is done with Pro Football. I will always be proud of the fact he ticked off the caste system for as long as he did and showed the world 1,000 white half backs still exist. The fan in me would love to see him suit up one last time for a contender and maybe handle goal line duties at least.

I really can't figure out if i like or hate that article on Hillis.It actually showed alot of the problems he faced without getting into the racial politics behind alot of the stuff he dealt with every time he stepped on the field and glossed over the fact that he had several good games with the Chiefs when he was healthy and got carries.Hillis could have been a true great but after reading and seeing how he felt i honestly feel like he was as big a enemy to himself as the caste system,but if it wasn't for the stigma of playing "out of position" for a white guy would he have had the same mental issues?

I am glad to see (at least in the article) that he is happy in life and has a good wife and young son to keep his head straight.If it wasn't for her i feel like we would be hearing about his suicide at some point in the near future because its obvious that the NFL & caste system did a number on his head.I wish him all the best for the rest of his life and wish he had played longer and been given the chance he deserved but just like any white player he was given a very short leash and ran out of football to early.

Hillis was the main reason i found this site and finally able to put words to what i had been feeling for years about whites in the NFL and for that i will always be greatfull to him.I have followed this guy since HS/College here in Arkansas and think he could have been a true great but he was always in the shadow of other players who were good but not better than him.Look at his college backfield buddies,Dmac never lived up to his hype but still has a job and Felix was a good player but injuries slowed him and then after he gained 15 LBS to be a "starting RB" in the NFL and lost what made him a special player.I always hoped the 3 of them could go on to greatness but Felix fizzled,Hillis lost it after a few seasons ,and Dmac is only still around because of his hype and high draft spot.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hills should have played through that strip throat. Played hard during the season. See how it played out. If he had successful year, ask for a fair contract or else, ply his trade else where. Woulda, coulda and shoulda is always the consequence of not focusing at the giving moment or season.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hills should have played through that strip throat. Played hard during the season. See how it played out. If he had successful year, ask for a fair contract or else, ply his trade else where. Woulda, coulda and shoulda is always the consequence of not focusing at the giving moment or season.

Yes, that was much discussed here and was quite literally fatal to his chances of following up his great 2010 season as an established featured running back. He can only look back now, and we can only remember how awesome he was when Eric Mangini had the ethics to unleash him that unforgettable season.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here's an interesting article about Hillis.

It gives you an idea about how media and fan criticism can affect a player. White players are subjected to unfair and unending criticism and it probably affects them, as the anti-whites intend it to do.

It appears Hillis is finished with pro football. He did, however, have a successful career, playing 7 years, making over 6 million dollars and having one great season.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Toby Gerhert is going through some of the same things that Hillis went through....

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Came across Hillis's Arkansas highlights and besides being a very good runner, his hands are as good as any wide receiver's. What a great talent he was.

Looking back as it's been six years since his breakthrough thousand yard rushing season, he made two big mistakes. First of all, he should have stayed at his Arkansas weight. It wouldn't surprise me if he used steroids in the NFL as he got too big, which affected his speed. Secondly and more important, he dealt with his stardom poorly. The fact that he had a black agent who advised him to sit out a game because of strep throat speaks volumes. He wasn't popular in the locker room, even among his White teammates. He should have stayed humble, taken the Browns' best contract offer even though it was less than he was worth, and done everything possible to remain the team's starting running back.

The fact that Eric Mangini was "punished" by starting Hillis and playing a lot more White players on defense than the NFL wants by being fired by the despicable Mike Holmgren and never getting another head coaching job shows just how entrenched the Caste System is. Hillis was done in by a lack of knowledge; now it's been six years since he ended the 25 year drought of White RBs rushing for a thousand yards; how long will it be until the next White running back gets an opportunity?

PHillisFan

Master
Came across Hillis's Arkansas highlights and besides being a very good runner, his hands are as good as any wide receiver's. What a great talent he was.

Looking back as it's been six years since his breakthrough thousand yard rushing season, he made two big mistakes. First of all, he should have stayed at his Arkansas weight. It wouldn't surprise me if he used steroids in the NFL as he got too big, which affected his speed. Secondly and more important, he dealt with his stardom poorly. The fact that he had a black agent who advised him to sit out a game because of strep throat speaks volumes. He wasn't popular in the locker room, even among his White teammates. He should have stayed humble, taken the Browns' best contract offer even though it was less than he was worth, and done everything possible to remain the team's starting running back.

The fact that Eric Mangini was "punished" by starting Hillis and playing a lot more White players on defense than the NFL wants by being fired by the despicable Mike Holmgren and never getting another head coaching job shows just how entrenched the Caste System is. Hillis was done in by a lack of knowledge; now it's been six years since he ended the 25 year drought of White RBs rushing for a thousand yards; how long will it be until the next White running back gets an opportunity?

I agree, Don. There are certainly things PH could have done differently.
It sounds silly, but it still peevs me when dwf's and Madden fan boys think PH was undeserving to be on the cover of Madden 13. He deserved it because he had a great year.

PHillisFan

Master
hopefully at least when McCaffrey declares will be the next chance but don't want to get my hopes up. Watch them try to put him in the slot or something.

McCaffrey is really the one that can break open the caste system at the running back position. Crossing my fingers.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
McCaffrey is really the one that can break open the caste system at the running back position. Crossing my fingers.

Hopefully he will, but it won't change anything as far as the Caste System goes. J. J. Watt being far and away the best defensive lineman in the NFL hasn't changed anything. The success of Luke Kuechly and other White linebackers hasn't changed anything. The success of Gronkowski and Jordy hasn't changed perceptions or recruiting. They're considered freaks and exceptions to the rule, rather than representing the tip of a huge pool of football talent that's systematically underdeveloped and under-represented.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I have to agree with Don. Whites simply don't seem to care enough to ask why? when it comes to sports. McCaffrey is doing a great job bringing up the uncomfortable truth about the stereotyping of white players - he is keeping the conversation going and elevating it but with the complacency and sheer idiocy of the DWFs it is hard to have anything regarding whites to go past conversation. If you compare McCaffrey to Hillis and Gerhart who back in my more optimistic days thought would open the floodgates for white RBs he is really a very different looking player. He is a 200lb back that isn't a bruiser or as physical as Hillis and Gerhart which helps because they both ran in a way that is looked down if you are white and successful with a straight ahead running style (but for all those black RBs who run like that and AVG 3ypc it is perfectly acceptable). So McCaffrey's abilities are the type the mainstream media push and now that a white player is doing it at a major program they really do not know how to explain it nor do the anonymous NFL "scouts" who are so firmly entrenched with their caste beliefs. I do hope when he declares the conversation does get escalated and the stigma of being white and a running back is brought up as much as possible.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
God bless him for being a life-saving hero for his children!

Warhawk_46

Master
Praying for his swift and full recovery! I reached out to his uncle on FB… just letting him know he has supporters praying for him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Prayers sent out for both Peyton Hillis and his family. If anyone has any updates please post them. I really hope he survives. What
a scary situation but he did what any loving father should do.