NFL Team Write-Ups

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Dallas is posted, sorry about the delay there. Need me on anything else?
Thanks so much for helping and you could certainly take another team or two of your choosing. These are the unclaimed ones we have left:

Miami Dolphins (@Tannehill17 don't want to put you on the spot, but you know the team best if you want them)
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Carolina Panthers
Tampa Bay Bucs
New Orleans Saints

Tannehill17

Mentor
Thanks so much for helping and you could certainly take another team or two of your choosing. These are the unclaimed ones we have left:

Miami Dolphins (@Tannehill17 don't want to put you on the spot, but you know the team best if you want them)
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Carolina Panthers
Tampa Bay Bucs
New Orleans Saints
Did the Dolphins

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Thanks everyone. Down to just the Bucs, Titans, Colts and Jags. Also, the Pack remain highly talked about yet “un-previewed”.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I did the Jaguars. The Buccaneers and Colts are left, and the Packers have a 2022 thread but no official team write-up.
Thanks Dwight Mansburden (great Office reference)! We’re almost done and I’m surprised no one jumped to do the Bucs. With Tom Brady they’ve always been fairly popular here.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
So all of the NFL team write ups have finally been completed! Thanks to everyone who chipped in. I certainly enjoyed the ones I did and will gladly try to do the same next year as well.

Now that we have the data*, here are the teams from best to worst to support. To rank them, I'm assigning 2 points for each starter and 1 point per reserve. The league average came to 20 points as a benchmark:

The Cream of the Crop

Cincinnati Bengals, 18 (9): 27
Detroit Lions, 18 (8): 26
Los Angeles Rams##, 18.5 (7.5): 26
Minnesota Vikings##, 17 (8): 25
San Francisco 49ers#, 18 (7): 25
Arizona Cardinals, 18 (5): 23
Buffalo Bills, 17 (6): 23
Los Angeles Chargers, 17 (6): 23

Run of the Mill Caste Squads

Green Bay Packers, 15 (7): 22
Indianapolis Colts#, 16 (6): 22
Kansas City Chiefs, 16 (6): 22
New Orleans Saints, 16 (5): 21
Jacksonville Jaguars, 16 (4): 20
Philadelphia Eagles, 16 (4): 20
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 16 (4): 20
Washington Redskins, 15 (5): 20
Baltimore Ravens, 14 (5): 19
Dallas Cowboys, 14 (5): 19
Pittsburgh Steelers, 14 (5): 19
Denver Broncos, 14, (4.5): 18.5
Atlanta Falcons, 14 (4): 18
Cleveland Browns, 13 (5): 18
New York Giants, 13.5 (4.5): 18
New York Jets, 14 (4): 18
Tennessee Titans, 14 (4): 18

Worst of the Worst

Las Vegas Raiders#, 13 (4): 17
Miami Dolphins, 14 (3): 17
New England Patriots, 12 (4): 16
Houston Texans#, 13 (2.5): 15.5
Carolina Panthers, 11 (4): 15
Chicago Bears, 12 (3): 15
Seattle Seahawks, 12 (2): 14

*rosters and starters subject to change since their write-ups
# indicates a team with a starting White RB, WR or S, due to rarity
indicates a team with a non-White starting QB

Edit to add: Updated to capture the big Christian McCaffrey trade.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
So all of the NFL team write ups have finally been completed! Thanks to everyone who chipped in. I certainly enjoyed the ones I did and will gladly try to do the same next year as well.

Now that we have the data*, here are the teams from best to worst to support. To rank them, I'm assigning 2 points for each starter and 1 point per reserve. The league average came to 20 points as a benchmark:

The Cream of the Crop

Cincinnati Bengals, 18 (9): 27
Detroit Lions, 18 (8): 26
Los Angeles Rams##, 18.5 (7.5): 26
Arizona Cardinals, 18 (5): 23
Buffalo Bills, 17 (6): 23
Los Angeles Chargers, 17 (6): 23
Minnesota Vikings##, 16 (7): 23
San Francisco 49ers, 17 (6): 23

Run of the Mill Caste Squads

Green Bay Packers, 15 (7): 22
Indianapolis Colts#, 16 (6): 22
Kansas City Chiefs, 16 (6): 22
New Orleans Saints, 16 (5): 21
Jacksonville Jaguars, 16 (4): 20
Philadelphia Eagles, 16 (4): 20
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 16 (4): 20
Washington Redskins, 15 (5): 20
Baltimore Ravens, 14 (5): 19
Dallas Cowboys, 14 (5): 19
Pittsburgh Steelers, 14 (5): 19
Denver Broncos, 14, (4.5): 18.5
Atlanta Falcons, 14 (4): 18
Carolina Panthers#, 12 (6): 18
Cleveland Browns, 13 (5): 18
New York Giants, 13.5 (4.5): 18
New York Jets, 14 (4): 18
Tennessee Titans, 14 (4): 18

Worst of the Worst

Las Vegas Raiders#, 13 (4): 17
Miami Dolphins, 14 (3): 17
New England Patriots, 12 (4): 16
Houston Texans#, 13 (2.5): 15.5
Chicago Bears, 12 (3): 15
Seattle Seahawks, 12 (2): 14

*rosters and starters subject to change since their write-ups
# indicates a team with a starting RB, WR or S, which are so rare, that will potentially increase their interest despite their ranking
indicates a black quarterback lead team, which will potentially decrease their interest despite their ranking

Good work, Freethinker! Looking at the numbers, the league looks more conformist to the Caste System than ever. It's probably the first time there hasn't been a team with at least 20 Whites on the 53. On the other hand, 12 is the lowest total, whereas usually there's two or three at 10 or fewer. All 32 teams bunched between 12 and 18, nothing even remotely close to an outlier. Of course this happens year after year decade after decade, which defies all the laws of probability to an extreme degree, especially this year. The same can be said of the nauseating conformity at the individual positions, other than the relentless drive to make offensive line and quarterback as Black as everywhere else, with tight end remaining the sole bright spot.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
2023 NFL Team Write-ups

Hey fellow CFers! Now that college previews are wrapping up and the NFL season is at our doorstep, is there any interest to preview all 32 teams this year? Last year I wrote 11, but with more limited time this year I might not get to as many. Let me know if there is a team(s) that you'd want to claim. Ideally we'd get these wrapped up in the first couple of weeks. Thanks.

AFC East
New England Patriots (Woody39 - done)
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins (Tannehill17)
New York Jets (Freethinker)

AFC North
Baltimore Ravens (Don - done)
Cincinnati Bengals (Don - done)
Cleveland Browns (Don - done)
Pittsburgh Steelers (Don - done)

AFC South
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts (Freethinker - done)
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

AFC West
Kansas City Chiefs (Football Dad - done)
Los Angeles Chargers (Freethinker - done)
Las Vegas Raiders
Denver Broncos (Freethinker - done)

NFC East
New York Giants (Freethinker - done)
Dallas Cowboys (PhillyBirds - done)
Philadelphia Eagles (PhillyBirds - done)
Washington Redskins (PhillyBirds - done)

NFC North
Chicago Bears (Freethinker - done)
Detroit Lions (Freethinker - done)
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings (Freethinker - done)

NFC South
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Freethinker - done)
New Orleans Saints

NFC West
Seattle Seahawks (Freethinker - done)
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers (Woody39 - done)
Arizona Cardinals

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
With the NFL season already upon us, I don't have a lot of time or enthusiasm to do a bunch of team write-ups. They take time to do well, as the ones already done on the Giants and Eagles illustrate.

I'll try to do some but won't guarantee it. If some or most teams aren't done this year, alternatively there's longstanding "general threads" for each team to utilize this season as has been done in the past; or just start 2023 threads that aren't as detailed as the write-ups. A good example is the 2023 Patriots thread, which was started in March and already has close to 40 posts on it.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
With the NFL season already upon us, I don't have a lot of time or enthusiasm to do a bunch of team write-ups. They take time to do well, as the ones already done on the Giants and Eagles illustrate.

I'll try to do some but won't guarantee it. If some or most teams aren't done this year, alternatively there's longstanding "general threads" for each team to utilize this season as has been done in the past; or just start 2023 threads that aren't as detailed as the write-ups. A good example is the 2023 Patriots thread, which was started in March and already has close to 40 posts on it.
Understood and any you chose to do are much appreciated. No pressure.

I'm also not going to stress if we don't get every team previewed like last year. I know most years we haven't even written any, but I do find them fun and helpful. Let's see how much interest there is from members to chip in and go from there.

3 down. Only 29 more to go :cool::pesas:

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Understood on the desire to not split teams into too many different threads, Don. I've personally always enjoyed writing more long-form type posts, and if you want them to just be included in the existing team threads on the future, that's cool!

I'll do as many as needed, though the pace may be more like 1-2 per night during the week. I found team-based writeups to be interesting reads as a new poster, for what it's worth.

woody39

Mentor
Patriots I'm happy to do a little new write up but did a summary of where we stand with the Pats not long ago. There's alot on the 2023 Patriots thread I started, so I'll just do a little update of that.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Patriots I'm happy to do a little new write up but did a summary of where we stand with the Pats not long ago. There's alot on the 2023 Patriots thread I started, so I'll just do a little update of that.
Copy that Woody! I do recall reading that but feel free to update if you'd like. Thanks.

Sean89

Mentor
Had a quick look at all the teams today and by my calculations (which are most likely wrong)
Not including IR or PUP

RB - 1
WR - 17
DB - 6
DL - 19
LB - 38

Some exciting players to look out for, but so pathetic.

woody39

Mentor
Had a quick look at all the teams today and by my calculations (which are most likely wrong)
Not including IR or PUP

RB - 1
WR - 17
DB - 6
DL - 19
LB - 38

Some exciting players to look out for, but so pathetic.
Is that starter numbers or just roster spots?

woody39

Mentor
Done a quick count and blurb on the 49ers in a new thread, after all they are deserving of their own 2023 thread with McCaffrey Bosa Kittle et al on display!