NFL Preseason 2015

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
All of you hardcore NFL followers ;), training camps are just around the corner. Rookies start trickling in over the next several days, followed by the veterans toward the end of this month.

Although this was probably the blackest draft that I've seen since the late 90's, there are still many positives. Many of the best players in the NFL are white. Besides all that, preseason if often the time when we get to see many more outstanding white players before we have our annual cutdown letdown. You know, a white player outperforms a slew of blacks at a particular position, and then finds himself inexplicably on the waiver wire. We know why, melanin deficiency. Even though the white player is doing great, he can't possibly get any better, while the magical darker-hued individuals still have all of the "upside" and "potential". In addition to looking better, even while performing worse.

But hey, this is supposed to be a positive thread to keep track of those possible caste-busters, in addition to the outstanding players that we already have dominating. I look forward to the discussion!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hard to believe the preseason is just around the corner. I actually enjoy watching preseason football as it at least gives a glimpse of the tangible white talent out there.

I am hoping Zenner makes a statement in preseason and secures a spot on the Lions.

Other than that I am hoping our few qbs that were drafted show well in the preseason. Petty especially since he can hopefully put that bum smiff on the bench and than push him out of the league next year. It would also be nice to see some young white wrs make some noise in the preseason - Jared A, Janis and Campanaro come to mind right away. I haven't been following the NFL much since the debacle of a draft back in May. Hopefully some of you guys can fill me in on players to watch.

davidholly

Mentor
Preseason is like the combine. When a white player does well during the preseason the preseason doesn't matter and when a white player does poorly during the preseason suddenly the preseason matters. Likewise when a black player plays like **** during the preseason that doesn't matter but when they play well they become starters overnight.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
For what it's worth:

JORDAN TAYLOR: A nagging injury kept Taylor from taking part in all of OTAs and minicamp. But when he did practice, he made a massive impression and could be one of the breakout rookies of this year's class, catching multiple deep passes from Brock Osweiler and Zac Desert.

"He catches everything around him and he’s gone up and made a couple plays on some deep balls, which have stood out," Manning said during minicamp.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-a...eceivers/6e72bf74-29b0-46f9-82d9-779f7cbe266e

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I forgot about Taylor. I hope he at least remains on the practice squad to start the year and gets elevated during the year. Kubiak is about as white friendly as coaches get so Taylor does have that going for him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I just saw that Jake Long was a free agent. He is coming off two acl injuries but if he is back to being healthy he is better than probably 75% of the Sumos.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Long is meeting with Falcons they'd be smart to scoop him up.

Fortitud3

Guru
Just noticed how Gronkowski is 26 now, typical male physical peak and Brady is suspended for 4 games... Sure that is a total coincidence.

Upside

Mentor
Defensive Position Battles

As we move into Training camp and the preseason, here are some position battles on the defensive side of the ball we should watch for.

Arizona:
Josh Mauro-
I can see Mauro as either an OLB or a DE. His competition at DE will be ageing veteran Cory Redding. Redding is a decent starting option, but will turn 35 in November. At OLB Alex Okafor will likely take one spot, and the other position will be between Mauro, Lamarr Woodley, and Matt Shaunessy. Shaunessy is a bum who shouldn’t even be in the NFL, let alone in the conversation for a starting position. And since leaving Pittsburgh, Woodley suddenly looks very average, so there may be an opportunity for Mauro at OLB.

Baltimore:
Brent Urban-
Chris Canty and Timmy Jernigan are likely locks to start on the D line, leaving one spot up for grabs. If Urban has even a decent camp, he should be, at worst, heavily involved in the rotation in what will essentially be his rookie season.

Carolina:
AJ Klein-
I don’t know much about Shaq Thompson, but he was a first round pick so they will try to get him involved, possibly putting Klein’s job in jeopardy.
Colin Jones-
In a limited role last season, I thought Jones played extremely well, and clearly has the speed to play the position. If he has a great camp, I can definitely see him taking one of the starting safety spots in what appears to be a patch-work secondary as it is.

Chicago:
Shea McClellan-
He will need to have a great camp, as his time may be running out in Chicago. McClellan is going into his 4[SUP]th[/SUP] season in the league, and is now moving to his 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] position, ILB, where he will battle Mason Foster and Jon Bostic for one of the two starting jobs. Funny, I would’ve thought 3-4 OLB would have best suited McClellan’s strengths, and right on cue, they slide him inside. Go figure…

Cincinnati:
Margus Hunt-
I really thought he’d be a star by now. Unfortunately though, I can’t even remember seeing him on the field last season. None the less, I don’t think the Bengals have a very strong group of DEs. Hunt will battle a pair of streaky, one dimensional pass rushers in Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson for one of the starting jobs.

Cleveland:
Scott Solomon-
Word is that Solomon is having a great offseason thus far, and has the inside track for the starting OLB spot opposite Paul Kruger. Solomon is battling the revered pass rusher Barkevious Mingo who posted a mind blowing 2 sacks last season, as the full-time starter.

Dallas:
Andrew Gachkar-
The free agent signee from San Diego will be in the mix to nab one of the two open LB spots alongside Sean Lee. With Rolando McClain being suspended (surprise, surprise) for the first four games; the competition will be among Gachkar, Jasper Brinkley, Kyle Wilber, and Anthony Hitchens. Gachkar is clearly the best of this bunch, but we’ll see how it pans out.
Jeff Heath-
I guess it’s kind of a backhanded compliment, but I seriously don’t think Heath could be any worse than Barry Church and JJ Wilcox, so why not give him a shot. You already know what you have with the other two; inconsistent play ranging from marginally acceptable to downright laughable.

Houston:
Jeff Tarpinian, Mike Mohammed, and Max Bullough-
It will be a four-way battle between these three and this year’s second round pick Benardrick McKinney to start alongside Brian Cushing. I feel like Tarpinian is the best of the bunch, but I’d like to see Bullough take the spot. However I am a realist and know how things work; McKinney will likely be handed the position whether he deserves it or not, but it will be something to keep an eye on.

Indianapolis:
Bjoern Werner-
With the return of Robert Mathis and the free agent signing of Trent Cole, it looks as though Werner may be relegated to backup duties at OLB, unless he is allowed to compete at DE, which I think would be great for him. Arthur Jones is below average and has gotten progressively worse over the last few years.

Kansas City:
Mike Catapano-
With the injury to Dontari Poe, Catapano could find himself in position to start at either the nose or at DE opposite Mike DeVito.
Frank Zombo-
I think people forget just how impressive Zombo was his rookie season, where he played a key role in the Packers’ Superbowl victory. At the moment, Zombo is stuck behind two of the better OLBs in the league, and has really been wasting his career in KC. I’d like to see him moved to ILB to compete with well below average starter Josh Mauga. Probably won’t happen though.

Miami:
Jordan Tripp, Zach Vigil, Mike Hull-
Miami’s LB situation looks wide open to me. Sports media has Koa Misi, Jelani Jenkins, and Spencer Paysinger as the projected starters; yikes…

Minnesota:
Audie Cole-
Cole will compete with 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] round draft pick Eric Kendricks, who has already been anointed a pro bowl caliber talent, despite training camp just getting underway. In other words, Cole will have to play like Urlacher during preseason to even get consideration.
Andrew Sendejo-
Sendejo played really well in 2013 and for some strange reason lost his starting job to Robert Blanton in 2014, until Blanton was benched late in the year in favor of Sendejo, who again shined in a starting role. Sendejo will once again battle hilariously pathetic Blanton for the starting SS spot.

New Orleans:
Davis Tull-
With Junior Galette apparently losing his mind and getting cut, the door is suddenly open for Tull to seriously compete for one of the starting OLB spots. He may not be opening day starter, but I see Tull breaking into the starting lineup at some point this season.

New York Giants:
Mark Herzlich-
There is only one settled LB spot and it belongs to the veteran Jon Beason at MLB. OLB however is wide open, and Herzlich has as good a chance as anyone else, if he’s allowed to compete.
Cooper Taylor-
At the moment, Taylor has the inside track to start at FS. He will be battling unknown nobody Nat Berle for starting duties.

New York Jets:
Jason Babin-
At the moment, the veteran Babin is the best pass rushing OLB on the roster, and should take one of the starting spots. Of course, I also said the same thing last year.

Philadelphia:
Beau Allen-
Bennie Logan is the projected starter at the nose, but Allen, who played a limited role last season, as a rookie, arguably performed as well as Logan.
Bryan Braman-
Braman will battle the revered Brandon Graham for the starting OLB spot opposite Connor Barwin. Graham, who received a contract extension after a banner 5.5 sack season in 2014, will head into camp as the projected starter. Braman is a guy I feel they have to find a way to get on the field defensively.

Chris Maragos, Chris Prosinski-
Average as average gets Malcolm Jenkins will likely be handed the FS job, after a somewhat competent season, but the SS spot is wide open. Earl Wolff was a flop in minicamp, thus opening the door for the lightning fast Prosinski or the hard-hitting Maragos, one would assume. Instead the Eagles decided to move Walter Thurmond to safety, and in the process, anoint him the starter. Seems like an unusual position switch for a guy who is only 5’11, 190. In addition to being undersized for the position, Thurmond has only managed to appear in 36 games in 5 seasons. Good luck playing safety Walter.

San Diego:
Mitch Unrein-
After wasting several years of his career in Denver, the 300 pounder will battle Kendall Reyes for the starting DE spot opposite Corey Liuget.

Tennessee:
Karl Klug-
Jurell Casey is the only lock to start on the d-line, leaving the rest of the starting positions wide open. Klug, in a limited role seems to make plays wherever he’s on the field. I find it almost disrespectful that he has not been able to crack a starting lineup that includes the likes of Sammy Lee Hill and Ropati Pitoitua.

Washington:
Will Compton-
In a limited role last season, Compton clearly looked like the best ILB on the team. However I wouldn’t say the incumbents Perry Riley and Kennan Robinson are terrible; just not terribly impressive. In other words, Compton will have to make a lot of plays in camp to unseat one of them.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Awesome write up! As always I'll be hoping for injuries and arrests to the real athletes. Only way our guys see the field!!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
An interesting player to watch will be Chris Hogan of the Buffalo Bills.

Last year was the first year he got extensive playing time and he responded with over 40 receptions and 400 yards.

Hogan has what it takes to be a solid starter in the NFL, no question about it. He has all the physical attributes, size, athleticism and hands. All he needs is a fair chance.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I decided to do a quick write up of players to keep an eye on during the preseason. It's not as a good or detailed as Upside's positional battles preview but I figure it will give us a list of guys to keep an eye during the preseason.

Buffalo
TE Nick O'Leary
S Wesley Miller
LB AJ Tarpley
DE B.J. Larsen

Miami
LB Mike Hull
LB Jordan Tripp
LB Zach Vigil
TE Arthur Lynch
S Jordan Kovacs
TE Tim Semisch
TE Jake Stoneburner

New England
WR Zach D'Orazio
QB Jimmy Garoppolo
RB Tyler Gaffney
DE/TE Jake Bequette
LB JAMES mORRIS

New York Jets
QB Bryce Petty
LB Julian Howsare

Baltimore
DE Zach Thompson
DE Brent Urban
OLB Brennen Beyer
TE Nick Boyle
TE Maxx Williams
WR Michael Campanaro
WR Tom Nelson (converting from Safety)

Cincinatti
FB/RB Mark Weisman
LB Trevor Roach
QB AJ McCarron
TE Tyler Kroft

Cleveland
DL Jamie Meder
DE Dylan Wynn
LB Mike Reily
LB Tank Carder
WR Josh Lenz
QB Connor Shaw

Pittsburgh
DE Matt Conrath
DE Ethan Hemer
DE Joe Kruger
LB Anthony Chickillo
LB Jordan Zumwalt
RB Ross Scheuerman
TE Rob Branchflower

Houston
DE Dan Pettinato
DT Chris Neild
QB Tom Savage
WR Travis Labhart

Indianapolis
DE Henry Anderson
RB Tyler Varga

Jacksonville
TE Connor Hamlett
TE Ben Koyack
WR Kasey Closs

Tennesee
QB Zach Mettenberger

Denver
QB Zac Dysert
QB Trevor Semian
TE Joe Don Duncan
WR Jordan Taylor

Kansas City
S Daniel Sorensen
DE Mike Catapano
QB Aaron Murray
QB Tyler Bray

Oakland
LB Ben Heeney
LB Chase Williams
LB Spencer Hadley
WR Kris Durham

San Diego
DE Cam Botticelli
LB Nick Dzunbar
OLB Kyle Emmanuel
OLB Brock Hekking
OLB Ryan Mueller
OLB Colton Underwood
S John Lowdermilk
TE Eric Frohnapfel

Washington
LB Will Compton
QB Kirk Cousins

Dallas
DE Ben Gardner
LB Andrew Gachkar
QB Dustin Vaughan
S Ray Vinopal
TE Geoff Swaim

New York Giants
DE Brad Harrah
LB Cole Farrand
QB Ryan Nassib
TE Matt Lacosse

Philadelphia
DE Taylor Hart
DE Brian Mihalik
DE Travis Raciti
LB Travis Long
QB Tim Tebow
QB Matt Barkley

Chicago
LB Kyle Woestmann
QB David Fales
QB Shane Carden

Detroit
RB Zach Zenner
FB Michael Burton
LB Kevin Snyder
S Brian Suite

Green Bay
DB Kyle Sebetic
LB Jake Ryan
WR Jared Abbrederis
WR Jeff Janis

Minnesota
FB Zach Line
LB Mike Mauti
LB Brian Peters
QB Taylor Heninicke
WR Adam Thielen

Atlanta
LB Tyler Starr
LB Nate Stupar
S Sean Baker
WR Nick Williams

Carolina
DT Chas Alecxih
LB Brian Blechen
RB Brandon Wegher

New Orleans
QB Garret Grayson
QB Ryan Griffin
S Vinnie Sunseri
TE Josh Hill

Tampa Bay
QB Mike Glennon

Arizona
LB Glen Carson
QB Chandler Harnish
TE Ted Bolser
TE Gannon Sinclair
WR Jaxon Shipley
WR Ryan Spadola
WR Trevor Harman

St. Louis
DB Cody Davis
DE Matt Longacre
DT Louis Trinca-Pasat
FB Zach Lazkey
LB Bryce hAGER
QB Sean Mannion
WR Devon Wylie

Seattle
TE Cooper Helfet
LB Brock Coyle
DE Cassius Marsh

San Francisco
TE Garret Celek
LB Nick Bellore
QB Dylan Thompson
TE Blake Bell

Heretic

Master
Excerpt from a Broncos report today:

Undrafted rookie receiver Jordan Taylor, a 6-foot-5, 210-pound prospect from Rice, continues to impress.

"He has a long body and he has a long stride," Kubiak said. "He can really run. He's got a big catch radius. I think you guys who have been watching practice would agree that through OTAs he was an impressive player. ... He knows every spot out here and that's an advantage. I think he's going to have an excellent chance to help this team."

When the Broncos' first-team offense goes to their two-back set, James Casey was the fullback leading tailback C.J. Anderson.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Denver WR Kyle Williams suffered a season ending injury yesterday. He's more of a kick returner type, but still it's one less receiver for Taylor to worry about.

Looking at the Broncos depth chart compiled by Our Lads, after Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders and Cody Latimer, there's basically nobody with Taylor battling Isaiah Burse, Nathan Palmer and David Porter. Taylor should at least make the practice squad and hopefully sticks as the fourth or fifth receiver, but of course this is the NFL we're talking about. . .

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Denver WR Kyle Williams suffered a season ending injury yesterday. He's more of a kick returner type, but still it's one less receiver for Taylor to worry about.

Looking at the Broncos depth chart compiled by Our Lads, after Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders and Cody Latimer, there's basically nobody with Taylor battling Isaiah Burse, Nathan Palmer and David Porter. Taylor should at least make the practice squad and hopefully sticks as the fourth or fifth receiver, but of course this is the NFL we're talking about. . .

Edit
Kumerow is with Bengals not Broncos. My bad. Be Interesting to see how it plays out. Hopefully both make their respective teams.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Eagles traded Brandon Boykin to the Steelers and hillarity ensues. Chip Kelly once again being accussed of racism.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...ly-uncomfortable-around-grown-men-our-culture

Also Ross Scheurman has already been cut by the Steelers with a waived/injured designation.

Sheldon Richardson is causing issues in Jets camp - he was arrested for street racing and resisting arrest but don't worry because the organization is still supportive of him.

Amazing how coddled these affletes are and what a disruption their mentalities cause these teams. You would think this would cause teams to look elsewhere for talent rather than deal with the same antics every year. It's more and more entertaining as I get older though - seeing the double speak and the pure ridiculousness of coaches, media, dwfs and GMs sticking up for grown men who have infantile minds and say dumb things/make dumb decisions all the time. Gives me more ammo to point out the idiocy in mixed company.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Eagles traded Brandon Boykin to the Steelers and hillarity ensues. Chip Kelly once again being accussed of racism.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...ly-uncomfortable-around-grown-men-our-culture

Also Ross Scheurman has already been cut by the Steelers with a waived/injured designation.

Sheldon Richardson is causing issues in Jets camp - he was arrested for street racing and resisting arrest but don't worry because the organization is still supportive of him.

Amazing how coddled these affletes are and what a disruption their mentalities cause these teams. You would think this would cause teams to look elsewhere for talent rather than deal with the same antics every year. It's more and more entertaining as I get older though - seeing the double speak and the pure ridiculousness of coaches, media, dwfs and GMs sticking up for grown men who have infantile minds and say dumb things/make dumb decisions all the time. Gives me more ammo to point out the idiocy in mixed company.

So Boykin is another black racist. The assault continues on Chip Kelly just because he brought a few whites guys to the team.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
So Boykin is another black racist. The assault continues on Chip Kelly just because he brought a few whites guys to the team.

One would hope that this would begin to wake up the drunk white fans in Philadelphia but I have minimal faith in Eagles fans as they are some of the stupidest, fattest, sloppiest drunk afflete lovers out there.

Hopefully other fans of the NFL begin to wake up and see the black privilege that is being spewed on our society in every day life and who are probably sick of it see it happening in the NFL and start asking questions, paying attention to the stereotypes placed upon white athletes and seeing how bad many of the black NFL players are.

woody39

Mentor
Good write ups and previews leonardfan and upside. Looking forward to football season coming back round. Be interesting to see how some of the camp battles work out. The development and progress of the pats offense under Jimmy Garapollo will be something to watch with Gronk Dola and minitron needing Garopollo on target.

Bit worried about the blackening up of the Pats o line but maybe partially offset by bigger linebacker roles for Fletcher and James Morris who the pats like but got injured last preseason. With Mayo and Hightower always injured maybe a big year for those two.

May be interesting to see how Green Bay goes this pre season with Abberdaris and Janis fighting for roster spots and maybe on defense Jake Ryan securing a starting role.

End on a positive Everyones favourite running back Danny Woodhead is looking great in pre season not lost any of his great pace and speed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ego-chargers-training-camp-woodhead-impresses

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

Boykin tried to clarify his remarks saying basically that Kelly did not relate to black players,

"He likes total control of everything, and he don't like to be uncomfortable. Players excel when you let them naturally be who they are, and in my experience that hasn't been important to him."

Just black gibberish to try and slam Kelly as some kind up uptight white racist. Unfortunately Kelly will further be painted as sort of a KKK guy unless he purges the whites and bends over for every black demand. Kelly's only way out would be to fill the roster with white guys and win a lot. He will probably do neither. Unless he's some kind of radical freak like Belichick. What he does with Tebow will be telling. Just the fact that he has Tebow in camp is some evidence that he wants to troll the ruling paradigm at least to some degree.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Redskins signed that turd junior gallete - amazing how these afroletes get chance after chance. The gm gave the typical blurb about all people having problems and issues to deal with - basically just continuing the enabling process of another spoiled/entitled black afflete.

Jaxvid, I hope you are right about Tebow and Kelly kind of ticking off the status quo. Brandon Graham recently said in an interview that Tebow was going to make the team and surprise alot of people. It will be interesting to see how he is used if he makes the team. In all honesty I would love to see him just be a jack of all trades offensive weapon - throwing, running and maybe even used as a reciever - Tebow thrives with the ball in his hand. Maybe they use him as a short yardage/goal line Qb.

Upside

Mentor

Get ready for more of this league wide... It's going to get to the point where when any black player gets cut or traded, or any white player gets signed, you're going to start seeing players, media, and the DWFs who love them, start to question the integrity of the coaches, which is hilarious, considering the way these black players are coddled in the first place.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the GMs who make the personnel moves, not so much the coaches? Unless Kelly is in charge of personnel as well?