NFL News, Rumors and Musings

Bucky

Hall of Famer
It will literally be black Monday tomorrow with coach firings and all the rabid Anti-White/Pro black journalists once again pushing for black head coaches and complaining when they do not get hired.
As long as they kick off Black Monday with canning Hatie.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sure that’d work too. Knock down Haties winning percentage some more would be great.
And put a black qb in a less than advantageous situation rather than building a team around them. Davis Mills was done no favors with Hatie as HC.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Since Hatie was canned maybe they can “take one for the team” again and hire another black HC. This way the other teams don’t have to be harassed so much. In fact, maybe the Texans can cycle through a different black head coach each year. This will be a equitable way to give the POCs a chance and thumb a nose at the wokesters.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I still think they were stupid for firing Culley last year. He actually had them playing decent down the stretch. Lovie Smith has been a bad coach for awhile now - his stint at Illinois was awful.

wile

Master
Since Hatie was canned maybe they can “take one for the team” again and hire another black HC. This way the other teams don’t have to be harassed so much. In fact, maybe the Texans can cycle through a different black head coach each year. This will be a equitable way to give the POCs a chance and thumb a nose at the wokesters.

I read a blurb a week or two ago how some firm would hire a bunch of non-whites non-asians and then can them after awhile and hire a new batch to make the quotas. Most coaches suck anyway they just make blacks look even worse and not that I give a darn.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Late Black Monday news it seems like Staley either was told or felt he had to clean house with his coaching staff as Lombardi and Shane Day were canned on Tuesday and former https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/10120/joe-lombardi NFL journeyman Wilhoite was fired as he entered the team facilities today(I presume).

Staley will be coaching for his job next season and only a deep playoff run will probably save him from getting pink slipped.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of White mediocrities and Rooney Rule candidates being interviewed for various head coaching and coordinator positions. It's easy to see why McVay, Shanahan and a few others (Zac Taylor) quickly rise to the top of their profession when there's so little competition, mostly just a bunch of hacks and soulless company men being shuffled around.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
A lot of White mediocrities and Rooney Rule candidates being interviewed for various head coaching and coordinator positions. It's easy to see why McVay, Shanahan and a few others (Zac Taylor) quickly rise to the top of their profession when there's so little competition, mostly just a bunch of hacks and soulless company men being shuffled around.
I’ve seen Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn get an interview or two for head coach despite being awful at his job as defensive coordinator.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Affirmative Action in the NFL, other sports, Businesses and Schools should have went away 3 or 4 decades ago. Disgusting
that they will hire anyone whether they have the talent or not. Look at Disney depite all their losses they won't give up on
the Global Homo Woke Propaganda. It's not about money or wins and losses. It's about "The Great Replacement".

SneakyQuick

Mentor
It is up to a point, but let’s be honest, lots of people still go to nfl games and Disneyworld and watch espn etc. boycotting works but it has to be widespread for them to feel the pain of their stupid decisions.

As Don said, not a ton of talent floating around out there

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Senior Bowl continues to do it's part in ensuring the league's path to black. One head coach and all the offensive/defensive coordinators are black this year. Keep that virtue signaling up. Senior bowl helping eradicate Whitey at every level in football.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
It’s possible black coaches will treat white players more fairly going forward but overall I would doubt it

Warhawk_46

Master
The sheer volume of horrible coaching decisions each Sunday boggles my mind.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The sheer volume of horrible coaching decisions each Sunday boggles my mind.
As much as we ridicule Black receivers who don't know to make their way back toward the QB and try to get open and give the QB a target when he's being chased -- or just can't be bothered -- it amazes me how many head coaches are genuinely bad when it comes to managing the clock in the final two minutes of a half. Mike Tomlin is horrendous at it, but there's no shortage of White coaches who are almost as incompetent.

booth

Mentor
It looks like the Panthers are all in the race for Sean Payton and Tom Brady. The Panthers owner David Tepper was quoted as saying anything Payton wanted was agreeable. Payton is wanting between 20 & 25 million a year.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Byron Leftwich was given the pink slip today. He had meteoric run to the OC position since he was hired as an intern and had rumored head coaching offers for dead in the water teams last season but now he will probably settle for a positional coaching offer. https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/166/byron-leftwich

PS I never saw "the genius" in his coaching he seemed competent more than anything else. It seemed like he was valet who was told to not crash the European sports car as he parallel parked it.

wile

Master

Posted here so as to not junk up a playoff game thread. Vox's take is the best I have read the most logical, the narrative drives all as it drives all aspects of the Caste System and the narrative is always buttressed by personal biases learned from society in general. If you lose your sh*t when you hear or read "The Narrative" you lost and gave some silly evil people an easy W. And this all black QB narrative is totally retarded I apologize to Hurts and Mahomes for allowing the white and jewish leftists to denigrate your work into some woke joke.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Posted here so as to not junk up a playoff game thread. Vox's take is the best I have read the most logical, the narrative drives all as it drives all aspects of the Caste System and the narrative is always buttressed by personal biases learned from society in general. If you lose your sh*t when you hear or read "The Narrative" you lost and gave some silly evil people an easy W. And this all black QB narrative is totally retarded I apologize to Hurts and Mahomes for allowing the white and jewish leftists to denigrate your work into some woke joke.
Yep, Vox nails it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's a shame the inept coaching staff of the Bucs had Brady's last season be the only non-winning season in his career. I still think Brady had another year or two in him but credit to him for deciding it was finally time. Pretty amazing that his wife divorced him rather than letting him have that one more year playing the game he loved to play. That is a modern woman for you - self-centered, narcissitic, only loyal as long as she gets her way.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
It's a shame the inept coaching staff of the Bucs had Brady's last season be the only non-winning season in his career. I still think Brady had another year or two in him but credit to him for deciding it was finally time. Pretty amazing that his wife divorced him rather than letting him have that one more year playing the game he loved to play. That is a modern woman for you - self-centered, narcissitic, only loyal as long as she gets her way.
+1. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's always interesting to see how the annual quarterback carousel turns out. The Rams are reportedly interested in Mike White. If they sign him to be Stafford's backup, that should then free Baker Mayfield to see if he can start somewhere. All he needs is a good system and proper coaching, which unfortunately (amazingly so) is not easily found in the NFL these days.

The Falcons may not be sold on Desmond Ridder, another "revolutionary" QB who didn't exactly light it up as a rookie, though definitive conclusions shouldn't be drawn from any QB's first year. But Mariota's as good as gone and Atlanta will bring in a veteran QB, as will the Jets if it isn't Rodgers. Depending on who the vets are, I don't see any of this so far as hurting the cause of White QBs:

The Athletic's Zack Rosenblatt writes to "keep an eye on the Rams" for Jets quarterback Mike White.​

White will hit free agency for the first time in 2023. Rosenblatt notes that it is "no secret" that new Rams OC Mike LaFleur preferred White as the starter over Zach Wilson last season in New York. White is expected to draw interest as a "high-end backup" per Rosenblatt, with the Jets likely looking elsewhere for a starting quarterback. It's possible that White could be a bridge starter elsewhere and get more playing time, but players do often follow the coaches that give them chances and Matthew Stafford is coming off a scary spinal contusion in a lost season.

The Athletic's Josh Kendall writes it is unclear if the Falcons will stick with Desmond Ridder as their starting quarterback because "no one inside the building is talking."​

It's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Ridder's first four NFL starts that it is an open discussion. But the Falcons, picking eighth in the draft, don't appear likely to land a franchise quarterback without trading up. The Falcons continue to play things close to the vest under Arthur Smith, who is quoted as saying in the piece: “I know everybody wants to know everything right now, but there are a lot of moving parts to it. I don’t think it’s smart business strategy ever to give away what your plan is." We'd guess the Falcons will try to add veteran help at the position, but whether it is a challenger to Ridder or someone who outright is the starter is behind the Arthur Smith curtain.