NFL News, Rumors and Musings

NEP01

Guru
Deshaun Watson sued for sexual assault, denies allegations
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's always the same with 99.9 % of blacks. Given enough time, they'll do something. I guess that KO's the idea of trading the jerk, if they were even thinking of it. I wonder how his agent feels about now?

Quite telling that Wilson and Watson had squeaky clean images for years, only for their true colors to become clear in 2021.

Amazing that in the last decade of black QB's, the cream of the crop for character and professionalism is probably Cam Newton!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Texans sign WR Alex Erickson to a 1 year deal. I hope Chad Hansen is able to stick around too but having two white WRs on a roster is equivalent to heresy in the NFL. If the Texans scuttle Watson, get a king's ransom of picks and maybe C-Mac, draft a white QB and infuse the roster with additional white talent perhaps Caserio did have more sway in personnel decisions during the Pats heyday. Again it's a long shot but might as well try to spread a little potential optimism.

NEP01

Guru
It would be hilarious if the Texans trolled all the media haters with a truly "diverse" roster.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Alex Erickson signs a one year contract with Houston, Patriots re-sign David Andrews to a four year deal.

Erickson probably was signed to be a WSTD after being phased out of the Bengals' passing game in '20, including returning kicks. They still have Chad Hansen, so if one of those two ends up catching passes this season that's about the best that can be hoped for.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Yeah be interesting to see how The Deshaun drama continues to unfold. Their QB situation Could very much improve if they move on and draft say Mac Jones.

Happy for Erickson!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Reilly Reiff to Cincinnati! He’ll provide much needed protection for Joe Burrows. A very good signing and landing spot for one of our guys.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Quite telling that Wilson and Watson had squeaky clean images for years, only for their true colors to become clear in 2021.

Amazing that in the last decade of black QB's, the cream of the crop for character and professionalism is probably Cam Newton!

I know @Leonardfan least favorite black quarterback is Cam. Cam never really bothered me that much although I never thought he was a good QB (big arm, scattershot, poor accuracy) Also at least Cam knows who his father is (I got quite the chuckle out of Cam heckling that high school black quarterback asking him if he knew who his father was) My least favorite black quarterbacks have always been DeShaun and Lamar.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
TE Jacob Hollister signs with Buffalo! A good pairing with Dawson Knox and it’s also noteworthy that Hollister played with Allen at Wyoming.

There are rumors that the Bills are interested in Zach Ertz. That would be cool.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
TE Jacob Hollister signs with Buffalo! A good pairing with Dawson Knox and it’s also noteworthy that Hollister played with Allen at Wyoming.

There are rumors that the Bills are interested in Zach Ertz. That would be cool.

Excellent another weapon and cool to see the Wyoming connection!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Alex Erickson signs a one year contract with Houston, Patriots re-sign David Andrews to a four year deal.

Erickson probably was signed to be a WSTD after being phased out of the Bengals' passing game in '20, including returning kicks. They still have Chad Hansen, so if one of those two ends up catching passes this season that's about the best that can be hoped for.

Erickson is a starting NFL receiver all day long. The only reason he's not starting is racism.

woody39

Mentor
Still some excellent lineman available in Mitchell Schwartz, Austin Reiter and Eric Fisher from the Chiefs and Alejandro Villanueva from the Steelers.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Dan Arnold, a dynamic pass catching tight end, has signed with the Panthers. He’s expected to slot in at the top of their depth chart. A rare good signing for Carolina!

In other TE news, Tyler Kroft has signed with the Jets. They are notorious for having terrible tight ends. Hopefully he outperforms Herndon and overtakes him for snaps eventually.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Logan Wilson did very well in limited playing time last season, including making a number of big plays. He needs to start in '21:

Bengals 2020 player review: Logan Wilson

The first-year linebacker was hitting his stride before injury

by John Acree

Final jeopardy answer: Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Logan Wilson and a fine wine have this in common.

The question? What is “getting better with age.”

“I felt like I got better throughout the season,” Wilson said recently in an interview with the Casper (Wyoming) Star Tribune. “Obviously missing the last three games sucked, but that’s part of football.”

In fact, Wilson missed a total of four games with various injuries, including a concussion and a high ankle sprain that cost him the last three games of the season. Considering that he started and played in all 52 games during his collegiate career at the University of Wyoming, losing any time at all due to injuries was an eye-opening experience for Wilson.

“When I missed that first game with the concussion, I think that was the first football game I’ve missed since my freshman year of high school,” Wilson said. “So that puts it in perspective to me like, yeah, it’s tough missing a game, but I’ve been very blessed to play as many games as I have up to this point without missing one.”

He finished the season with 33 tackles, including 23 solo tackles, four tackles for loss, two quarterback hits and a sack. Wilson also recorded a pair of interceptions, tied for fourth best in the league among linebackers.

He finished with an overall grade of 54.7, according to Pro Football Focus, but that grade is deceiving considering the fact that it took the rookie some time to work his way into an increased role on the Bengals’ defense.

In the nine-game stretch from Week 3 to Week 13, Logan was graded above 56 percent in every game, including a grade of 60 or above six times. In fact, he was playing some of his best football of the season when he got injured in Week 14 against Dallas.

“For the most part, I was very pleased with how my season went,” Wilson said. “I got more comfortable with understanding the defense as the season went along, but there’s still some work to do.”

And that work will begin with increased playing time. Wilson, who started just two games last year, was in on only 32.39 percent of the total defensive snaps. But he figures to see much more playing time in 2021 - especially if Josh Bynes, the Bengals’ third-leading tackler in 2020, is not brought back.

And, hopefully, he will just keep getting better.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/18/22331037/bengals-2020-player-review-logan-wilson

Tannehill17

Mentor
Isaiah Wilson cut by the Dolphins after showing up late to a physical. We hardly knew ye LOL

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Isaiah Wilson cut by the Dolphins after showing up late to a physical. We hardly knew ye LOL

LOL he's next level stupid. Kirby Smart was just on NFL Network talking about how great and disciplined his players are.. I'm sure he also gave rave reviews about Wilson last year..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Giants sign Golladay - happy that the team has decided to give Jones some reliable weapons.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Sad for David sills though...

Yeah Sills has really gone through the ringer since his dominant SR season.. Probably not good for Bachman either. Giants also signed BUST John Ross, though he's fragile.

Snowplow

Guru
Yeah Sills has really gone through the ringer since his dominant SR season.. Probably not good for Bachman either. Giants also signed BUST John Ross, though he's fragile.
I don't think Golladay actually has any real impact on Bachman. They're very different receivers. Golladay is a tall jump ball guy who doesn't get much separation. He's the type of guy who's used to create a size mismatch and grab highly thrown passes. Bachman is more of a route running type who doesn't have the size but gets great separation. On the Giants he's competing more with Sterling Shepard and Darius Slayton for snaps. I do think Golladay is a great player and will help Jones develop even more. However, Sills (huge draft snub) is who I'm more concerned about. He's already been injured in both his NFL preseasons so far, and he's more of the type of receiver Golladay is. I think a good fit for Sills would be the Lions, since they need receivers for Jared Goff, and he can play the Cooper Kupp role- big slot with outside flexibility, and Goff loved Kupp. He's a little taller but a tad less athletic, though I think he can develop into that type of weapon.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Not a bad suggestion if Sills ends up getting cut by NYG. Goff to Sills connection would have some potential.

Snowplow

Guru
LOL @Leonardfan . Just came here to say that.
Texans have been signing a bunch of guys on 1 year deals, many of them wideouts. I had thought that Hansen may be in trouble, and sure enough- he’s been waived. Thought he’d at least be allowed to compete in camp. Was great for about 3 games until they stopped using him. Let’s see if he’s claimed. Lions would be a great destination- he and Goff spent a year together at Cal in 2015. He’d do well anywhere if given the chance, and hopefully his mini showcase means he’ll get another chance.