NFL News, Rumors and Musings

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Not good:

Concussion Creates Lingering Uncertainty for Humphries, Titans

Adam Humphries arguably took one the hardest and nastiest hits of the 2020 NFL season. And he paid for it and then some.

At the end of the first half of a Week 8 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, the Tennessee Titans wide receiver suffered a concussion after a defender delivered a pulverizing blow while he attempted to catch a pass. He missed four games before returning to action on Dec. 6 against the Cleveland Browns, only to be placed on injured-reserve days later, where he remained the rest of the year.

This week, general manager Jon Robinson didn’t exactly give a definitive answer on if Humphries would return to action next season. Right now, the Titans will have to wait and see.

“There’s nothing more important – we’ve said it a million times – than the health and the safety of our players. That was a pretty tough hit he took there,” Robinson said. “We’re just continuing to monitor and talk to the doctors and talk to (Humphries), and make sure he’s back to normal and just kind of see how that goes.”

Humphries missed nine games over the course of the 2020 season in which he caught 23 passes for 228 yards and two touchdowns -- the lowest output of his career. His best game of the season came in a Week 6 overtime victory over the Houston Texans, when he caught all six of the passes thrown his way for 64 yards and a touchdown.

https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/news/tennessee-titans-nfl-adam-humphries-concussion-contract

Phall

Master
Who's gonna pay Trey Hendrickson?

The Saints DE racked up 13.5 sacks last year, tied for 2nd in the NFL. Not much mileage on the 26 yr old, as he essentially served a three year racial apprenticeship. His cap hit was $825k last year. As a free agent, CBS Sports ballparks his value around $10 million per year, ranking him as the 5th best available edge rusher. New Orleans probably can't afford to keep him.

Other free agent rushers of note are Ryan Kerrigan, Kyler Fackrell, and of course JJ Watt, who can probably pick his team and take a paycut. I'm hopeful that Fackrell gets another shot to start somewhere, as he was fairly well-regarded by Giants fans but does not have the name recognition to guarantee a spot for himself.

Warhawk_46

Master
Agreed some very good white edge defenders available.

Would like to see JJ Watt in Buffalo ideally (or Pittsburgh to play with his brothers)

Trey should resign with New Orleans ideally. He is a stud and they would be foolish to let him go.

I would like to see Fackerell resign with the Giants or maybe follow Wentz to Indy

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Who's gonna pay Trey Hendrickson?

The Saints DE racked up 13.5 sacks last year, tied for 2nd in the NFL. Not much mileage on the 26 yr old, as he essentially served a three year racial apprenticeship. His cap hit was $825k last year. As a free agent, CBS Sports ballparks his value around $10 million per year, ranking him as the 5th best available edge rusher. New Orleans probably can't afford to keep him.

Other free agent rushers of note are Ryan Kerrigan, Kyler Fackrell, and of course JJ Watt, who can probably pick his team and take a paycut. I'm hopeful that Fackrell gets another shot to start somewhere, as he was fairly well-regarded by Giants fans but does not have the name recognition to guarantee a spot for himself.

Incredibly, Hendrickson's racial apprenticeship stretched into 2020 for a fourth season as he was still splitting time with huge first round bust Marcus Davenport. Hendricksen played 53% of defensive snaps (his previous high was 38%), while Davenport was still playing 36% of snaps this past season, turning them into a pathetic 1.5 sacks and 21 combined tackles (12 solo 9 assisted) . It was the first time Trey outsnapped Davenport, but to still be essentially rotating snaps despite the glaring disparity in productivity is simply wasting Hendricksen's talent.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Remember how the hive mind consensus was that the Packers had upgraded from Blake Martinez by bringing in Kirksey. Gee, wrong again!

Packers released LB Christian Kirksey. Kirksey followed ex-DC Mike Pettine to Green Bay in 2020 but, much like the former's most recent years in Cleveland, was oft-injured and available for only 11 games. The 28-year-old was also discouragingly outplayed by undrafted rookie Krys Barnes for much of the year. His release coupled with RT Rick Wagner's will create around $9.8 million in cap space for the Packers in the new league year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Remember how the hive mind consensus was that the Packers had upgraded from Blake Martinez by bringing in Kirksey. Gee, wrong again!

Packers released LB Christian Kirksey. Kirksey followed ex-DC Mike Pettine to Green Bay in 2020 but, much like the former's most recent years in Cleveland, was oft-injured and available for only 11 games. The 28-year-old was also discouragingly outplayed by undrafted rookie Krys Barnes for much of the year. His release coupled with RT Rick Wagner's will create around $9.8 million in cap space for the Packers in the new league year.

So true. Blake Martinez always put up eye popping stats and he was a monster on defense. Loved watching him play along with Clay Matthews and others in the past.

On another note, I'm very happy for the Colts getting Carson Wentz. This is a huge win for Indianapolis going forward. Now they need to make sure they have the pieces around him to help him succeed. Phily abandoned ship on the kid. What a disgrace.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

He has been overrated and overhyped his whole career. Schobert was better than him in Cleveland and he was selected due to the caste system over better white LBs at Iowa including James Morris.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Who could have predicted that an oft injured LB would get injured?! LOL

booth

Mentor
The Panthers have cleared 19.5 million dollars in cap space to try to get Deshaun Watson if the Texans decide to trade him.

Flint

Mentor
The Panthers have cleared 19.5 million dollars in cap space to try to get Deshaun Watson if the Texans decide to trade him.

Crap. Another ball hog to steal carries from CMac. One thing Christian doesn’t need is a racist anti white a hole as his QB.

Snowplow

Guru
Saints would be wise to pay Hendrickson!!
Any team is wise to pay a guy like him but ideally he gets out. Saitns DWF's are THE WORST in my opinion (see: their F*** Drew Brees hants), plus they're in cap hell. Not to mention it's a team that, despite being somewhat fair to our guys on defense, is in love with fat, black sumos, something I strongly dislike. I'd like to see him go to Indy. Love their excellent, White O-linemen, a stud defender like Hendrickson would make the team more complete. Have cap room, plus the presence of Deforest Buckner means, as he did in New Orleans, would get fewer double teams and more favorable matchups. That's something D-linemen like when looking at destinations.

Snowplow

Guru
Crap. Another ball hog to steal carries from CMac. One thing Christian doesn’t need is a racist anti white a hole as his QB.
I agree. Duh'shaun is the most annoying quota, by far. Hearing his ebonic talk on the Amazon commercial is bad enough, hope he doesn't eventually become a regular in commercials. He acts like a diva WR. Also loves running up the score in blowouts, and makes sure to go all-in on garbage time stats, as expected. Loves to pad his stats more than anyone else. Ideally he goes somewhere that is caste all around, and is sucked of draft capital and can't build a good team around him.

Stafford+CMac would have been nice, if they could fix the OL and feature Zylstra and Thompson more. But I think it's clear what Rhule wants.

icsept

Master
The trade that interests me is CMac and Bridgewater plus some picks to Houston for Deshaun. CMac needs to get away from Matt Rhule ASAP.

Phall

Master
So far, the QB moves seem very positive. Wentz gets a strong supporting cast to rehab his image. Stafford will have a couple of years to swing for the fences, hopefully by throwing to Kupp. Goff gets a clean slate after his coach quit on him, and the Lions look like they'll give him a full year to show his stuff. Philly will start the worst quarterback in the worst division. Not a bad aggregate, although it technically adds another black starter to the league.

Meanwhile, Watson has managed to move the needle from a very typical black stat collector to my least favorite player in about two months. Fingers crossed that McCaffery would be included in a swap with Carolina. I'm sure I'll cheer against any team he lands on.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Trubisky has been relegated to back-up status by the mainstream media. I know why - he's a white man. Statistically he ranked about 20th in the league as a quarterback. The Bears would be making a mistake by letting him walk. He's an NFL starter with upside.

I'm interested to see if the Patriots will be interested in him. That would be a good landing spot for him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say at this point that Trubisky needs to go the Ryan Tannehill route. He's been too demonized by the media and too screwed up by The Rodent. The best thing that can happen is that he parts ways with Chicago and there's a team interested in developing him to his ability beginning as a high "upside" backup.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I’d like Trubisky to go to a team with an older White quarterback to learn from for a year or 2. An obvious one is Tampa Bay. Another spot is Pittsburgh. I don’t think they have any good plan for when Big Ben retires.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There are pretty strong indications in Pittsburgh that the Steelers are trying to find a way to part with Big Ben, by doing so in a way that makes Ben look like the bad guy. He has a huge cap hit this year and if he doesn't restructure his contract he'll likely be cut or (involuntarily) "retire." If that's the case the team will likely go with Mason Rudolph for a season or two while looking for a franchise QB to groom. Though Rudolph possesses a lot of talent and some thought he would go in the first round, so he may well excel if given a fair opportunity.

The Steelers have the look of a team in rapid decline. They somehow started off last season 11-0 then lost five of their next six. Their o-line was bad, the running game worse, they had a couple prima donna WRs in Smith-Shuster (a FA who will be leaving) and the rookie Claypool, and close to a majority of their defensive starters are free agents, including T. J. Watt. Not sure that would be the best environment for Trubisky, plus the Steelers DWFs are notorious for hating on White QBs. They also signed Dwayne Haskins and the media and DWFs would be demanding he play before Trubisky.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The way Colbert has been framing the Big Ben narrative over the past few weeks is frustrating and insulting to Ben. Prior to fully waking up to the caste system I was a Steeler fan. Being a Steeler fan was directly connected to discovering Big Ben as a college prospect coming out of Miami (OH). The 2004 draft was the one that made me an amateur draftnik. This was all due to me wanting the Steelers to get Roethlisberger.

Ben is one of the all time greatest Steelers as well as an all time great QB - top 20 for sure. Don pointed out several of the warts on the Steelers. The online and running game have been abandoned by Tomlin. Colbert drafts duds at RB which forces an unbalanced offense. As much as people want to say it’s a qb driven league a quality running game is needed. The Bills are the only playoff team from this year I can think of who had a mediocre run game. The Bucs, Chiefs, Browns, Titans, Saints, Ravens all had a functional effective run game.

I just now realized how little I have posted about being a fan of Roethlisberger during my time as a member of castefootball. I always took him for granted as he has been one of the most consistent, elite, durable QBs of this era. Hard to believe he and I are the same age - both pushing 40. If the Steelers were smart they sign him to a two year contract - it sounds like Ben is willing to be team friendly and he did rebound well from his elbow injury. If for some reason he is not resigned then I can bet all the Yinzers will be clamoring for Haskins to be the successor and any attempt by the organization for Rudolph to take over will be greeted with typical behavior we have come to expect from DWFs.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
((Greenberg)) was giddy about Dwayne Haskins other day on Get up. Lol no mention of his shortcomings(mental midget) just dat Upside.

Snowplow

Guru
I’d like Trubisky to go to a team with an older White quarterback to learn from for a year or 2. An obvious one is Tampa Bay. Another spot is Pittsburgh. I don’t think they have any good plan for when Big Ben retires.
How about Atlanta? They fit that bill perfectly. And they have the right coach for it too. Arthur Smith was Ryan Tannehill’s OC in Tennessee and installed a system that is perfect for Trubisky, who has a similar skillset and career arc. Obviously I love Matt Ryan, and have for a long time (one of my favs, and criminally underrated), and want him to win a ring but he can’t play forever. Word is the Falcons are already thinking about life after him. So why not Trubisky?

Tannehill17

Mentor
Any team is wise to pay a guy like him but ideally he gets out. Saitns DWF's are THE WORST in my opinion (see: their F*** Drew Brees hants), plus they're in cap hell. Not to mention it's a team that, despite being somewhat fair to our guys on defense, is in love with fat, black sumos, something I strongly dislike.

The Dolphins are almost a mirror image of the Saints except without the cap problems. Got some pieces on defense (Van Ginkel, Biegel, Fejedelem, Sieler) but seem to love the worthless sumos on the o-line.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
How about Atlanta? They fit that bill perfectly. And they have the right coach for it too. Arthur Smith was Ryan Tannehill’s OC in Tennessee and installed a system that is perfect for Trubisky, who has a similar skillset and career arc. Obviously I love Matt Ryan, and have for a long time (one of my favs, and criminally underrated), and want him to win a ring but he can’t play forever. Word is the Falcons are already thinking about life after him. So why not Trubisky?

I agree with your reasoning and hope it happens.