NFL Combine Invites

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Someone was talking about some people wanting to get rid of the combine and turning it into pro days for all schools and regions. Hopefully they do that. I would also hope for them to start using electronic timing instead of hand timing in drills. They probably never will.

Not sure if it will happen anytime soon. The NFL has turned the combine into a reality show.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nice times for Moss. He stuck out like a sore thumb during drills.

i also like the longer hair style. Even if it slows you dow a tad bit with all hair it so cool seeing him show it off while doing the drills. I'm
sure it makes many of the other athletes jealous as they could never have a nice full head of hair like that. I like his confidence and
swagger. The only thing I dislike is when he says he is one of one. That's like him saying he can play cb but no other white guy can.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
i also like the longer hair style. Even if it slows you dow a tad bit with all hair it so cool seeing him show it off while doing the drills. I'm
sure it makes many of the other athletes jealous as they could never have a nice full head of hair like that. I like his confidence and
swagger. The only thing I dislike is when he says he is one of one. That's like him saying he can play cb but no other white guy can.
I don't interpret it that way at all, nor anything else I've read that Moss has said. He's acknowledging that some of the attention he's receiving is because he's the only White CB prospect, and the first one since Jason Sehorn who's viewed as potential starting material (and even Sehorn was miscast as a backup safety his first two years in the NFL before moving to CB). He also has to know that he must be very careful how he answers every single question that brings up race. He's handled himself as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I don't interpret it that way at all, nor anything else I've read that Moss has said. He's acknowledging that some of the attention he's receiving is because he's the only White CB prospect, and the first one since Jason Sehorn who's viewed as potential starting material (and even Sehorn was miscast as a backup safety his first two years in the NFL before moving to CB). He also has to know that he must be very careful how he answers every single question that brings up race. He's handled himself as well as can be expected under the circumstances.
You may be right. None of his doubt his athletic talent or high football iq. He has the best of both worlds. Yes I like your view better Don.
Let's go with that and stay positive. The kid is so fun to watch!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
But never fear, he still retains "tantalizing upside":

WR Jordan Addison ran an unofficial 4.55 40-yard dash in his first attempt at the combine.​

That puts his speed score in the bottom one percent after weighing in at 173 pounds. The 2021 Biletnikoff Award winner transferred to USC for the 2022 season, regressing to a 59/875/8 line while playing for the Trojans. Still just 21 years old, there remains tantalizing upside in his profile, but NFL teams might need to get creative with his usage in order to unlock his full potential. He improved to an unofficial time of 4.49 in his second attempt.

TwentyTwo

Master

One-Liner:​

Really smart cornerback, who lacks the traits to be a starter in the NFL.

Only trait he lacks is that of melanin.
Appreciate your efforts Leonardfan ....i am with you and others in this fight

Yesterday noticed Riley Moss comment on Local sports board .....

"Today I learned there is a white CB at the combine.
Lads, it has been long enough since the days of Seahorn.
He is also testing off the charts "....8 upvotes ; 1 down vote

LINK

1st reply ..... "The mythical unicorn" .....9 upvotes ....Zero Downvotes
2nd reply ...."Yeah that whiteboy is actually kinda good. He hung pretty well with Harrison Jr in the Iowa/OSU game".
No votes ...so i gave him an Upvote

Then my response ...3 upvotes ; no down votes
Riley Moss is legit! 11 career INT's + 3 TD's
Some idiots want to move Riley Moss to Safety simply due to his melanin content.
Riley Moss ran a 4.45 40, 39 inch vertical, 1.48 10 yd split, and 10'7" broad jump.compared to Patrick Surtain II: 4.46 / 39 / 1.57 / 10'11"

Then 2 doofus Replies back to me ....BOTH got downvotes
"I think the agility and acceleration drills are the bigger ones. Did he not run them or have they not run yet?
If he didn't run, then that shows you the issue."

"Dude going play safety in the league… his cons as a DB or everything you need to play cornerback… hell even his pros are more safety like than cornerback like"

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Appreciate your efforts Leonardfan ....i am with you and others in this fight

Yesterday noticed Riley Moss comment on Local sports board .....

"Today I learned there is a white CB at the combine.
Lads, it has been long enough since the days of Seahorn.
He is also testing off the charts "....8 upvotes ; 1 down vote

LINK

1st reply ..... "The mythical unicorn" .....9 upvotes ....Zero Downvotes
2nd reply ...."Yeah that whiteboy is actually kinda good. He hung pretty well with Harrison Jr in the Iowa/OSU game".
No votes ...so i gave him an Upvote

Then my response ...3 upvotes ; no down votes
Riley Moss is legit! 11 career INT's + 3 TD's
Some idiots want to move Riley Moss to Safety simply due to his melanin content.
Riley Moss ran a 4.45 40, 39 inch vertical, 1.48 10 yd split, and 10'7" broad jump.compared to Patrick Surtain II: 4.46 / 39 / 1.57 / 10'11"

Then 2 doofus Replies back to me ....BOTH got downvotes
"I think the agility and acceleration drills are the bigger ones. Did he not run them or have they not run yet?
If he didn't run, then that shows you the issue."

"Dude going play safety in the league… his cons as a DB or everything you need to play cornerback… hell even his pros are more safety like than cornerback like"

I posted over on the gab NFL group regarding Riley Moss. It has about 10k members. So far one person has replied and has called me a "******* piker" and stated my observations are just impulsive rants with no facts to back them up. Judging by this person's profile he is extremely based and rational when it comes to all things race but he still believes the big lie is that the NFL is a meritocracy.

booth

Mentor
The media has gone crazy over Anthony Richardson's performance today. If he doesn't throw a pass today he will be the number 1 pick. I had to turn off the tv it got so sickening.
Meanwhile, Stetson Bennett's stock has also gone up with his combine performance.

Max Duggan ran a 4.52 40 second only to Richardson's 4.4 40.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The media has gone crazy over Anthony Richardson's performance today. If he doesn't throw a pass today he will be the number 1 pick. I had to turn off the tv it got so sickening.
Meanwhile, Stetson Bennett's stock has also gone up with his combine performance.

Max Duggan ran a 4.52 40 second only to Richardson's 4.4 40.

Bennett has been written off already despite being the same size as Bryce Young and elevating UGA to two national championships. The only knock on Bennett is his age. He did quiet all the doubters about arm strength though.

Richardson will just be another in a long line of black QB mistakes. We can go back two years to Trey Lance to see the artificial hype awarded to black QBs who did not show consistent passing ability in college. It's all so tiresome but crowd that buys into the bread and circuses takes the bait every year.

El Gringo

Mentor
Have yoga pants always been a thing for the guys to wear at the combine?? Pretty damn gay

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I just watched an all-Black group of WRs run their first 40. Of the 27, only 10 ran under 4.50, not exactly a magical performance.

jphoss

Mentor
I’m calling it now this guy is gonna get drafted before Mayer. He’s not even the best te on Georgia! Hopefully some traditional caste team drafts this future bust and Mayer drops to a more white friendly team. I’d love if he fell to the Bengals

booth

Mentor
Blake Freeland a 6'8" 302 lb tackle ran a 4.98 40, 1.68 10 yd split, broad jump 10.0,' 37.0 vertical. His NFL grade is 6.0 is labeled an above - average backup.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Watched some of the QB stuff last night and Daniel Jeremiah was absolutely sickening in his manlove for Stroud and Richardson. Most of the drills were nothing more than throwing a few sideline and deep passes with of course no defenders rushing or covering the receivers, and Jeremiah did little but ooh and aah at every throw while remarking over and over again how Stroud's "form" was perfect. Considering no one was rushing him, his form should have been perfect. But it's obvious this draft is going to follow the "history" made in last month's Super Bowl and have three Black QBs drafted early.

I did find it ironic that E. J. Manuel has been working for the NFL Network during its Combine lovefest. I'd forgotten about him and what an all-time first round bust he was.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well it is the N.F.L. afterall and not the W.F.L. Anti white is the new normal.

It amazes me that they look at midgets now as quarterbacks and just say he is superman. Ask the Cards how that worked out?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Watched some of the QB stuff last night and Daniel Jeremiah was absolutely sickening in his manlove for Stroud and Richardson. Most of the drills were nothing more than throwing a few sideline and deep passes with of course no defenders rushing or covering the receivers, and Jeremiah did little but ooh and aah at every throw while remarking over and over again how Stroud's "form" was perfect. Considering no one was rushing him, his form should have been perfect. But it's obvious this draft is going to follow the "history" made in last month's Super Bowl and have three Black QBs drafted early.

I did find it ironic that E. J. Manuel has been working for the NFL Network during its Combine lovefest. I'd forgotten about him and what an all-time first round bust he was.

It's 1999 all over again. Levis performed well - he had been downgraded and minimized by all the experts leading up to the combine so it was nice to see him perform well and show off his obvious talent. I mentioned Stetson Bennett before and he also did everything very well, the same size as Bryce Young (who opted not to participate in the combine because he has been anointed as a top 2 pick), very good arm strength and athleticism. I think his age is certainly a strike against him - he will be 26 this fall, but he has experience and won 2 national championships. I would project him as a spot starter type, high end back up. It's bizarre that he is being thought of as a late round UDFA type when he played in the same conference, has the same physical profile, put up similar stats (let's not forget Alabama like Ohio State have very QB friendly offenses).

It's really useless to get too worked up about the black qb agenda as Goodell made it obvious at his pathetic pre Super Bowl conference that the league is going to do everything to get as many black qbs into the game. The media is full on behind the black qb replacement, refusing to be critical of any of the black qbs while dumping the criticism on White QBs at an amplified rate (see Levis and Bennett). It's no conspiracy theory but a very palpable and obvious pattern that is really emerging. The thing that irritates me about the combine is the same predictable event year in and year out yet the ignorant fans refuse to push back on the same manufactured narratives. I have started going through every draft since 2000 - I want to get a year by year percentage on the number of White athletes drafted - 20+ years is a solid sample size to prove a "glass ceiling" exists.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I’m calling it now this guy is gonna get drafted before Mayer. He’s not even the best te on Georgia! Hopefully some traditional caste team drafts this future bust and Mayer drops to a more white friendly team. I’d love if he fell to the Bengals

If he does let's hope it is by a team with a black qb. The depth at TE this year is amazing so let's hope that we see many of the White athletes at the position get drafted in the first three rounds. It's interesting to note how this White dominated position gave a us a really good sample to see what kind of athletes exist at the position. Apologies for the formatting on this below post.

Player School Hght Wght Off. 40 Unoff. 40 10-Yd Split Bench 3-cone Vert Broad Hand Arm
Davis Allen Clemson 6'6 245 4.84 4.84 1.60 -- -- 38.5 10-5 10.00 32.25
Payne Durham Purdue 6'6 253 4.87 4.87 1.61 -- -- 34.5 9-9 9.75 33.38
Noah Gindorff NDSU 6'6 263 -- -- -- 16 -- -- -- 10.00 33.13
Dalton Kincaid Utah 6'4 246 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10.25 32.63
Tucker Kraft SDSU 6'5 254 4.69 4.70 1.59 23 7.08 34 10-2 10.00 32.75
Zack Kuntz Old Dominion 6'7 255 4.55 4.55 1.57 23 6.87 40 10-8 10.25 34.00
Sam LaPorta Iowa 6'3 245 4.59 4.59 1.59 -- 6.91 35 10-3 10.25 32.13

Cameron Latu Alabama 6'4 242 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 9.50 32.38
Will Mallory Miami 6'5 239 4.54 4.54 1.59 20 -- 36.5 10-1 9.38 32.25
Michael Mayer Notre Dame 6'5 249 4.70 4.72 1.66 -- -- 32.5 9-10 9.50 31.63
Luke Musgrave Oregon St 6'6 253 4.61 4.62 1.54 -- -- 36 10-5 10.38 32.63
Kyle Patterson Air Force 6'5 260 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 9.25 32.50
Luke Schoonmaker Michigan 6'5 251 4.63 4.63 1.59 -- -- 33.5 10-7 9.00 32.88

Brenton Strange Penn State 6'4 253 4.70 4.70 1.57 23 7.25 36 10-4 9.63 31.13
Leonard Taylor Cincinnati 6'5 250 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10.13 32.75

Travis Vokolek Nebraska 6'6 259 -- -- -- 20 -- -- 9-7 9.50 32.88
Darnell Washington Georgia 6'7 264 4.64 4.65 1.57 21 -- 31 10-2 11.00 34.38
Blake Whiteheart W Forest 6'4 247 4.70 4.70 1.63 20 -- 35.5 9-7 8.75 32.13
Josh Whyle Cincinnati 6'7 248 4.69 4.69 1.61 -- -- 33.5 9-7 9.50 31.50

Brayden Willis Oklahoma 6'4 241 -- -- -- 20 7.30 32 9-9 9.75 33.25

jphoss

Mentor
Remember that nauseating hype about Kayshon Boutte from lsu being an “elite athlete” and a first round pick? Well he ran ran over a 4.5 40, had the worst vertical jump at 29 inches and the second worst broad jump Dat upside!