NFL Combine Invites

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Only Black servicemen can go to the NFL Goys.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I can’t believe it man! The nations leading rusher didn’t get a combine invite. I think we have seen it all now. Glad Luepke made it.
Not only is Brad Roberts the leading rusher in the NCAA but he is more durable than a Sherman Tank. The kid never gets hurt
and can carry the ball 25 to 30 times without injuries or hardly any fatigue. It's amazing. Should be a starting running back in the
NFL getting the majority of the carries on any team. If only whites were treated fairly. No we are held down and suppressed.

What a slap in the face. Yeah I'm happy about Luepke but we all know he will only be a battering ram. Look what they did
to Zander Horvath on the Chargers. It's like a strict rule we do not want him running the ball even though he excelled in college. Luepke
and countless others will get the same treatment sadly.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
They invited another Air Force player - TE Kyle Patterson who is White but was minimally productive in college. He does play the only White approved position.

I'll do a break down in the draft thread of the combine invites.

Red Raider

Mentor
They invited another Air Force player - TE Kyle Patterson who is White but was minimally productive in college. He does play the only White approved position.

I'll do a break down in the draft thread of the combine invites.
Patterson is a bit of an anomaly. I believe his dad played in the NFL, and coming out of high school he had offers from Alabama, UCLA, and other big schools but chose to go to Air Force. So definitely not your typical service academy player.

Brad Roberts is definitely one of the biggest snubs along with Thayer and Drake Thomas.

booth

Mentor
Demaurice Smith, the head of the players union is asking for the end of the NFL combine and just have regional pro days. If this in some way gets more white players an opportunity to show their skills I am all for it. End Racism Join Caste FOOTBALL.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Demaurice Smith, the head of the players union is asking for the end of the NFL combine and just have regional pro days. If this in some way gets more white players an opportunity to show their skills I am all for it. End Racism Join Caste FOOTBALL.

The NFL has transformed the combine into a 5 day reality series. They are trying to milk it for everything it's worth. Up until a few years ago it was a Saturday/Sunday event. There is a slim chance the NFL will get rid of the combine as they are getting ad revenue on their network for broadcasting it.

Smith would be better used by investigating the consistent discrimination of White athletes not being invited to the combine blocking them from getting fair exposure to all of the leagues teams...now that is an issue

icsept

Master
Flipping through the channels today. On NFL Network, HBCU gets their own combine?!? Gotta make sure no black player slips through the cracks.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Flipping through the channels today. On NFL Network, HBCU gets their own combine?!? Gotta make sure no black player slips through the cracks.
How different is the percentage of black attendees to the regular combine??

Warhawk_46

Master
Brad Roberts is Rex Burkead but more durable. We all know Rex could have been a multiple time 1,000 yard rusher if he had been given the opportunity.

Sadly, there is a concerted effort to make sure white men are not featured carrying the ball. CMC was too well-known (and his dad being an all pro receiver helped) to hide. But think about Nall, Horvath, Borghi and now it seems - Roberts.

All had/have the ability to carry at least 100 times per season, minimum.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Brad Roberts is Rex Burkead but more durable. We all know Rex could have been a multiple time 1,000 yard rusher if he had been given the opportunity.

Sadly, there is a concerted effort to make sure white men are not featured carrying the ball. CMC was too well-known (and his dad being an all pro receiver helped) to hide. But think about Nall, Horvath, Borghi and now it seems - Roberts.

What else can Brad Roberts do to prove he should be playing on Sunday? His resume is incredible yet all we here is crickets. To not even invite the leading rusher in all the ncaa to the nfl combine tells you just how strong the racist caste system is. This has to stop happening to our people.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Well despite his obvious talent there is also the matter of his military service in order to pay for his undergraduate education. Not really sure how they go about getting out of that but I’m this day and age and especially for a running back I’d say it’s a bridge too far. Especially if you’re white

Warhawk_46

Master
What else can Brad Roberts do to prove he should be playing on Sunday? His resume is incredible yet all we here is crickets. To not even invite the leading rusher in all the ncaa to the nfl combine tells you just how strong the racist caste system is. This has to stop happening to our people.
His service obligations notwithstanding, the ONLY reason he was not invited is because he is white. Period. He led the entire D1 NCAA in rushing a year after putting up around 1,200 yards his junior year.

As I have stated, the NFL cannot allow white men to start gaining some of their racial pride back… nothing is more powerful than that. And they know it must be stamped out.

It would not surprise me if Will Shipley starts to be denigrated as next season goes on… msm must make sure his stock drops.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
His service obligations notwithstanding, the ONLY reason he was not invited is because he is white. Period. He led the entire D1 NCAA in rushing a year after putting up around 1,200 yards his junior year.

As I have stated, the NFL cannot allow white men to start gaining some of their racial pride back… nothing is more powerful than that. And they know it must be stamped out.

It would not surprise me if Will Shipley starts to be denigrated as next season goes on… msm must make sure his stock drops.

This is the correct answer. We have documented here the glaring lack of opportunity high performing White athletes at service academies get when compared to their black counterparts. To my knowledge Roberts is being completely ignored - no all star bowl game invite, no combine invite despite being one of the best/most productive running backs in the country the past few years. On the other hand a black army player was invited to the senior bowl and combine and is being hyped currently as a potential 1st round pick.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is the correct answer. We have documented here the glaring lack of opportunity high performing White athletes at service academies get when compared to their black counterparts. To my knowledge Roberts is being completely ignored - no all star bowl game invite, no combine invite despite being one of the best/most productive running backs in the country the past few years. On the other hand a black army player was invited to the senior bowl and combine and is being hyped currently as a potential 1st round pick.
That is one of the best posts I've seen in a long time. What you wrote describes the caste system and how they hold down white football players no matter how good their measurables are. I will never understand why more people can't see the blatantly obvous.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

It's absurd and also all by design. It has been a push the past few years to try and get more black college players into the NFL.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Air Force “Fullback”

They can’t even call the leading rusher in the ncaa a running back

I truly do appreciate that you guys follow this stuff because I don’t have the stomach to do so

I agree to this statement but Robert's has an extra gear Burkhead lacks and he is much more elusive though being used in Air Forces fullback mode he did not get to show it as his high school tapes are astounding with his agility.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Brad Roberts...Too good to ignore but the NFL will try their best:

Phall

Master
The USFL held a ten-round "futures" draft yesterday for college prospects. I was a bit confused, since I recognized a couple of names that seem like viable NFL draftees. As it turns out, this was by design. The USFL teams focused on players with "Day 3/UDFA" draft grades and selected to hold future rights if/when those players get cut. A bit of a cynical dynamic, in my opinion.

Last season, the USFL Draft was primarily used to build the entire league, which is why you saw mainly experienced guys with various professional experiences filter their way to the USFL in season one.

This year, the USFL took a proactive approach with its roster construction and held a College Draft, which essentially is a futures draft of prospects who are in the current 2023 draft class. What makes this unique is that the league is focusing on primarily the players who would be considered Day 3-to-UDFA in the 2023 NFL Draft for this draft.

If a player doesn't get drafted or ends up getting cut from an NFL roster this season or in the future, they will revert to the roster of the USFL team that selected them.

I didn't pore over the list, but some notable whites include UCLA WR Jake Bobo (now dubbed a TE/WR hybrid), Minnesota QB Tanner Morgan, Michigan State OT Jarrett Horst (#1 overall pick), his teammate DT Jacob Slade, Illinois State LB Zeke Vandenburgh (won 2022 award for Best FCS Defender), Boise State DT Scott Matlock, Eastern Michigan TE Gunnar Oakes, and Illinois OT Alex Palczewski. I've missed some names, which you can check out here: https://www.foxsports.com/stories/usfl/2023-usfl-draft-follow-every-pick

Overall, there still seemed to be a disproportion of blacks, black quarterbacks, and HCBU players taken. In case NFL teams miss out on their upside, the USFL can swoop in to take advantage of their upside. I didn't see Brad Roberts' name here: maybe the USFL GM's all figure he's a lock for the league, or maybe they just didn't want to waste a flier on a fullback (ha ha).

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Brad Roberts...Too good to ignore but the NFL will try their best:
That appears to be the only Roberts highlight video on YouTube, and when I watched it just now it had exactly 53 views in the month since it was posted, which speaks volumes about what we're up against. Zero interest in Roberts, zero interest outside of CF in seeing him get a fair shake starting with being invited to the Combine.

Warhawk_46

Master
It's absurd and also all by design. It has been a push the past few years to try and get more black college players into the NFL.
It is comical… they make up 12% of the country’s population and yet nearly 70% of all NFL players… and somehow there are not enough of them??!

Many, many white players are blackballed (no pun intended) and never get their shot. Or brought in as camp fodder and never given the reps needed to showcase their skills. Or, like Ryan Nall, lead the entire league in rushing in the preseason only to be cut and ride the line while slower, weaker and less skilled black running backs get rep after rep.