NFL 2014 Week 8

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
GEno is 9-15, 56.3 % completion ratio, 4441 yards, 19 tds 31 interceptions, not entirely sure how he went 8-8 last year, I guess run game and good defense.

not comparable , Kurt is better at qb.

Kirk is 2-7, 59 % completion ratio 18td 19 interceptions, 3030 yards, yes the same amount of tds in less games, a total of 14 games played in, 9 started. This year he has 10 tds to 9 interceptions, leads the league in yards per completion, would also lead yards per attempt but completed 61.8 percent compared to Manning who has 69 percent.

oh yeah 14 fumbles for Smith and 6 for Cousins. I compare Cousins to Tony Romo, he can move around pretty well in the pocket, make some awesome plays, can be prone to making some mistakes, i guess trusting his arm too much, still a good chance to win in the league with him, unlike Geno

I heard some coach, it may have been Brian Billick, say that it takes 20 games to determine if a player can be a good starter in the NFL.

GeNO Smith has already shown he can't.

Kirk Cousins hasn't had enough starts to say for sure. From what I've seen I think he can.

woody39

Mentor
Foles playing well tonight great throw to Maclin! I knew the moment i replaced him in the fantasy team with Matt Ryan he would have a fantastic game!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I still think he and AJ McCarron will end up being the best QBs of this draft.

I think Mettenberger has a pretty high ceiling. It was pure caste BS that he lasted until the 6th round. His improvement and development under Cam Cameron his senior year at LSU was really under appreciated. Mettenberger getting exposure to those pro style concepts made him better prepared than any other QB in last year's draft. I really like his confidence and having that goes along way.

McCarron I am somewhat up in the air about at this point. I am interested to see how he develops though. Aaron Murray is another young QB drafted last year that has some promise.

It will be interesting to see how these guys develop in the next couple years. Let's be honest here - none of the black spread QBs have shown to be the type of QB to build the offense around (Wilson is a good game manager but without the defense or running game it would be a different story). I think all of the media touted black college QBs will struggle in the pro game which is going to create a void of good young QBs. I cannot see Hundley, Mariota, Winston and all of those QBs be long term effective starters. Like I have said quite a few times now, the NFL has pretty much sniffed out the spread option.

In a few years guys like McCarron, Barkley, Nassib, Mettenberger and Cousins may all be starting QBs in the league.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Foles playing well tonight great throw to Maclin! I knew the moment i replaced him in the fantasy team with Matt Ryan he would have a fantastic game!

You should replace him more often, lol.

I don't want to sound like ESPN when I say this, but Nick Foles has thrown a large number of poor passes all year. I'm not sure what the root of the poor play is, it could be a combination of bad pass protection from the Oline and bad play from McCoy. He makes some great passes, but he keeps throwing duds.

The Hock

Master
Philly 3rd and 11 and I says to myself I says time to throw a pick Foles and that's what he does he throws a pick, and not only a pick but a pick on an open Riley Cooper which woulda been a first down I don't know about this Foles and the Eagles have been less than all that and a bag of chips every time I watches 'em. I don't know I guess I'll keep watching it's a habit and habit hard to break at this point.

woody39

Mentor
You should replace him more often, lol.

Maybe I shouldn't Extra Point lol, interception on what has to be said an awful pass in the direction of Cooper which led to the tied field goal for Arizona!

He is a very good quarter back but he does need to stop throwing these dodgy passes, some of his passes are amazing such great touch just needs to stop making silly mistakes. His throw to Maclin for the TD was great!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I don't want to sound like ESPN when I say this, but Nick Foles has thrown a large number of poor passes all year. I'm not sure what the root of the poor play is, it could be a combination of bad pass protection from the Oline and bad play from McCoy. He makes some great passes, but he keeps throwing duds.

Yeah, it's weird. He looks great and then he throws an interception. He seemed to be more consistent his first two years in the league.

It makes you wonder if there's an injury involved. Maybe getting hit so much is affecting his play.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
It's odd that a player who set the NFL record for TD to INT ratio, throwing only two picks last year, all of a sudden starts throwing interceptions.

What's going on?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Studebaker with a FF and recovery off of Caste System beneficiary extraordinaire turd Legarrette Blount.

Upside

Mentor
Roethlisberger and Luck lighting it up tonight! Heath Miller getting some good touches with Matt Spaeth getting some playing time at TE as well. Big Brett Keisel also having another good game.

Andy Studebaker, who appears to be starting at OLB for the Colts just ripped the ball away from Blount. Hopefully he has a good game so he can take over the starting job from that bum Walden.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Wow what a throw by Palmer. I hope the Eagles can win this game but cannot say enough about Palmer's resurgence.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Quite an ending to that game, it's a shame the Eagles couldn't pull out the win. The only thing Foles really needs to work on is the whole throwing of his back foot and his propensity to back pedal rather than step into his passes. Granted no one can deny his play has been pretty stellar but if he cleans up his footwork it would help him tighten up his mechanics.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Man, Foles almost pulled it out with a pass into the end zone, however, it was a bit wide. Great to watch. Yeah, Foles needs to cut down on the fluttering ducks he is launching for INTs.

foobar75

Master
Lots of receivers with big games today, I counted 4 or 5 with 150+ yards receiving. I really hope Jordy has a big game. The setting is perfect, with a subpar Saints secondary and indoors setting. I don't want to see another 2/90/1 line, where the TD came on a 80-yard big play and then Jordy was shutdown by his own team the rest of the way.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Packers just threw a pass to DE Julius Peppers. What a stupid play!

You'd rather target a DE than Nelson?

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I notice none of the announcers criticized the idiotic play in which Rodgers threw a pass to Peppers. Why is that?

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Collinsworth :flypig: just called Julius Peppers a "superstar player."

Ridiculous. Regardless of what he may have done in the past the 34 year old Peppers is no "superstar." Collinsworth :flypig: is constantly fawning over black players. Maybe he should try being objective.

Last edited:

Pie

Guru
The Packers just threw a pass to DE Julius Peppers. What a stupid play!

You'd rather target a DE than Nelson?

Hey now, if JJ Watt can catch a touchdown pass, imagine what kind of numbers the REAL athletes at DE can put up?

Riggins44

Master
Chrissy just said "When you get two quarterbacks starting like this it's something special, but these defenses aren't too bad either."

Yes they are. Both of these defenses are very mediocre.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Jordy targeted ONE time so far, a short route , 8 yard reception. This happens to often on prime time television to our White athletes to make me wonder what is really going on. There is no way the Saints dbs are shutting Jordy down, the best can't even shut him down.