Movie Reviews

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Checking out Mel Gibson's latest in "Blood Father" . Looks pretty badass. Mel takes on the cartel

Robinson Crusoe on Mars. (1964)

Kind of a cool, campy movie. American astronaut gets stranded on Mars with a chimp.. and eventually a sympathetic, Mars-bound slave. There are some slow stretches, with very little dialog.. but it's interesting watching the astronaut adapt, reminded me of Tom Hanks' saga in Castaway.
The sets, Death Valley scenery, and synthetic skies were very cool, and Batman-era Adam West has a small part. There was also a scene I liked, where the lonely astronaut is wandering around playing 'Dixie' on his makeshift bagpipe. For interested parties, it's on Netflix..

Claimjumper

Mentor
Two movies I recently saw and enjoyed (spoilers included)

Sour Grapes: This is the story about Rudy Kurniawan, a mysterious high rolling SE Asian man that enters the field/ hobby of fine wine and almost single handedly destroys the credibility of the market by faking labels and the wines within and making millions in the process before getting caught. I normally wouldn't feel terrible about a bunch of rich Wall Street types including Bill Koch getting swindled on bottles of wine sometimes costing an upwards of 100k but as a lifelong collector of various things I do because the story rings true. In both sports card collecting and precious metals. The story is the same : asians flood the market with fakes and makes you question everything you are buying which takes the fun out of it. And this holds true in most of life today. Whether it be the fake coach purse, fake diamond or now reports of Vietnamese people making and selling plastic rice, asians have to knock off everything and it pisses me off.

I also saw the new movie that came out Passengers. It's the story of a man that wakes up 90 years too early on a 120 year journey to another planet when the ship hits an asteroid which jars his capsule open and he can't be put back to sleep. It's received mostly negative reviews but I really enjoyed it for a few reasons and a few points it raises (may be reading too deep into a few of three but just how I saw it)

1. All white cast. Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence are the leads and we see them (and a white android) for 90% of the movie. The only time we see a black man is when the captain accidentally awakes too when the ship is in trouble. Unlike Pratt who is an engineer and can solve complex problems, the black captain has to rely on asking the ships computer program what is wrong and trying to diagnose what is wrong. Also, in what I saw as a subtle jab st affirmative action, the only use at all the captain was to them was that he had special badge that could get them into certain compartments that are needed to save the ship from destruction. He dies from a disease early on.

2. You can't replace the interaction of a human with a person. For over a year Chris Pratt is he only human awake aboard the ship. He stumbles across an android bartender who is life like and good to chat with but even then he can tell there is something missing. Which leads to point 3

3. Would you, in essence, kill someone to save your own (from suicide or insanity)? He struggles with this question for months until he decides to purposefully wake a beautiful white women who he basically fell in love with after randomly stumbling across her capsule one night and reading her story. The love story goes on great until she finds out from the bartender that he woke her up. In the end however both are needed to work together to save he ship and all other passengers from debris damage. He finds a way to put her back to sleep and he lives out his days back alone on the ship but in the end you can tell the short time he spent with this girl meant the world ( or universe ) to him.

4. A space movie without gimmicks. On a personal level I've always been fascinated with space and the technology to move about it in ways that are feasible in a humans time span. This does just that. It doesn't get caught up in alien eating bacteria or huge bugs or a war with a far off colony. It tells the tale of a ship in he future that takes 5,000 humans across 250 light years to help start and grow a newly discovered planet and start a new life. Basically interstellar meets titanic. The ships design and functionality was absolutely incredible and fun to think about. Something that would make Walt Disney smile

icsept

Master
Saw "Lucky Number Slevin" on Netflix. It's a 2006 movie about a hitman starring Bruce Willis and Josh Hartnett. The bad guys are a black man (Morgan Freeman) and his inept black family of henchmen; and a Rabbi with his gay son and Mossad trained bodyguards. It's a real suspense thriller and I won't spoil it. Quite politically incorrect.

Ambrose

Master
Saw "Lucky Number Slevin" on Netflix. It's a 2006 movie about a hitman starring Bruce Willis and Josh Hartnett. The bad guys are a black man (Morgan Freeman) and his inept black family of henchmen; and a Rabbi with his gay son and Mossad trained bodyguards. It's a real suspense thriller and I won't spoil it. Quite politically incorrect.

Must be a good movie. Check out this Wiki "critical response":

"The film received mixed reviews from critics and has a "Rotten" score of 51% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 153 reviews, with an average rating of 5.9 out of 10. The critical consensus states "Trying too hard to be clever in a Pulp Fiction kind of way, this film succumbs to a convoluted plot, overly stylized characters and dizzying set design."[6] The film also has a score of 53 out of 100 on Metacritic based on 36 critics indicating mixed or average reviews.[7]"

"convoluted plot" -ha ha! Like almost every Hollywood plot isn't?

Heretic

Master
I was checking out IMBD and saw a "Coming Soon" movie with the title "Bitter Harvest", so I clicked on it and, to my utter shock, it was about the Holodomor.

"Set in 1930s Ukraine, as Stalin advances the ambitions of communists in the Kremlin, young artist Yuri battles to save his lover Natalka from the Holodomor, the death-by-starvation program that ultimately killed millions of Ukrainians."

How in the HELL did this get past the (((censors))) in Hollywood? I may have to break my personal boycott of Hollywood and actually go see it.

Note at the bottom of the image below it says: "An Epic Film Based Upon True Historical Facts"

I'm glad we get that clarification, because otherwise the masses may not have realized this actually happened at all considering neither Cable TV nor any other (((media)) ever covers it. It's all "Hitler, Hitler, Hitlerrrrr!!!" all the time.
MV5BMTkwMTczNzUxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzA4Mjc2MDI@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Mel's done some good ones and some bad ones. I liked "The Patriot" and "The Passion of the Christ," but the Lethal Weapon movies with the hackneyed black-white buddy theme, gun control propaganda (the myth of the plastic gun that can get past airport security came from there and Congress even passed a bill banning those nonexistent guns), and White South Africans as villains were typical leftist bilge.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wasn't good at all. Also the most negatively portrayed in the film were the racist bikers.

For a dollar out of a red box machine I thought it was decent. Ten times better than the Woody Harrellson and Hemsworth (((Western))) I posted about earlier in this thread.

BTW I recently watched Lucky Number Slevin. Awesome movie had me guessing what would happen the entire movie and as others mentioned its about as anti PC as you can get these days.

icsept

Master
"Magnus" is actually a new documentary about Magnus Carlsen, a Norwegian chess phenom. Compared to throwing a ball through a hoop, these chess masters are amazing. Interestingly, the only non-white chess master in the documentary was from India. His success was predicated on memorizing computer models and following the recommended move. Whenever Magnus could get him in a game that had not been contemplated by the computer, the Indian was toast. Definitely a tribute to a brilliant White mind.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Pretty much the only movies I'll watch are from the 1930s through the mid 1960s. After that the counterculture and leftist propaganda started heavily infesting almost every movie.

There are some great movies from the era I mentioned. Even the average movies of that era are better than the highly touted movies of today.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Abbott and Costello movies from the 1940s are good.

Abbott and Costello were a very popular comedy duo. You can see their hilarious "who's on first" routine on youtube.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
"Magnus" is actually a new documentary about Magnus Carlsen, a Norwegian chess phenom. Compared to throwing a ball through a hoop, these chess masters are amazing. Interestingly, the only non-white chess master in the documentary was from India. His success was predicated on memorizing computer models and following the recommended move. Whenever Magnus could get him in a game that had not been contemplated by the computer, the Indian was toast. Definitely a tribute to a brilliant White mind.

I'm a chessplayer so I know a little bit about Carlsen. Carlsen is the highest rated player in the world and the current world champion. He is adept at winning seemingly even positions through his subtle play. He's considered one of the greatest players of all time.

I highly recommend chess to all young whites. It develops logical thinking and builds character. It's fun too.

For anyone interested there's a free chess site called Chess.com where you can always get a game. Some of the best players in the world have played on the site.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Carnival of Souls is a good horror movie from the 1960s. A woman who was in a car wreck is haunted by ghosts. Very atmospheric.

It was available free on youtube. Worth watching. The story behind the movie is interesting too.

Heretic

Master
Carnival of Souls is a good horror movie from the 1960s. A woman who was in a car wreck is haunted by ghosts. Very atmospheric.

It was available free on youtube. Worth watching. The story behind the movie is interesting too.
Thanks, man. I've downloaded a ton of movies over the past few months, most from around that era or after or five years before, including many "atmospheric" horror movies...don't know how I missed that one...now added to my library.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Looks like the remake of "Death Wish" (starring Bruce Willis) is being deemed "alt right". However...I'm holding judgement as it's directed by that demented, sicko yid Eli Roth.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...twitter-calling-alt-right-eli-roth/536641001/
Doesn't look as good as the original. There was something irreplaceable about Bronson calmly blowing away degenerate looking POCs, hippies, druggies and f@ggots. Notice in the remake that the punks who kill Kersey's wife are White. Lol, in ChiCongo none the less. The original was way less PC.