Miss California 2009!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Susan Estrich and Dick Morris have identical voices.
smiley36.gif

smiley123.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That's a good one Don!

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Carrie Prejean should take advantage of her current fame, such as it is, and make whatever money she can off the sex tapes, and maybe even do a spread for Playboy for six figures.

Fame is a fleeting thing, and I bet she will be old news in a year or two at most.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Van_Slyke_CF said:
Carrie Prejean should take advantage of her current fame, such as it is, and make whatever money she can off the sex tapes, and maybe even do a spread for Playboy for six figures.

Fame is a fleeting thing, and I bet she will be old news in a year or two at most.

Carrie Prejean is a born-again Christian and if she did all those things you suggested she would lose all the admirers and fans that she has now for taking her moral stand against gay marriages. So she shouldn't and she won't be posing in Playboy anytime soon, sorry to disappoint you!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
guest301 said:
Van_Slyke_CF said:

Carrie Prejean is a born-again Christian and if she did all those things you suggested she would lose all the admirers and fans that she has now for taking her moral stand against gay marriages. So she shouldn't and she won't be posing in Playboy anytime soon, sorry to disappoint you!

I was thinking the same thing. I would like to see her become involved in politics and stand for traditional values and for the return of femininity in women. She's already shown she has the inner strength to stand against the full fury of the Cultural Marxists.

Menelik

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
guest301 said:
Van_Slyke_CF said:

I was thinking the same thing. I would like to see her become involved in politics and stand for traditional values and for the return of femininity in women. She's already shown she has the inner strength to stand against the full fury of the Cultural Marxists.

What about the supposed sex tapes? Not to start a flame war but Carrie, IMHO, is toxic and a lost cause if anyone thinks she will be a good candidate for conservative causes. She kinda reminds me of Sarah Palin but thats another argument!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
She's too young to be a leader; I'm thinking down the road after she proves herself and matures in her thinking. As long as she doesn't repeat what she did and doesn't lead a hypocritical life, conservative types will forgive and forget. Everyone has done things they regret, especially in this decadent society.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Guest301:

Sorry, but I don't buy the born-again Christian label she's trying to attach to herself.

If she's such a devout Christian, she shouldn't need to demonstrate it so much for public consumption. By doing so, she gives me the distinct impression that her profession of faith is simply another business ploy to make the most of her current fame.

I could be wrong. You could be wrong. Let's see where she is and what she's doing this time next year.

Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Van, I agree with your last sentence 100%. Time will tell.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Van_Slyke_CF said:
Guest301:

Sorry, but I don't buy the born-again Christian label she's trying to attach to herself.

If she's such a devout Christian, she shouldn't need to demonstrate it so much for public consumption. By doing so, she gives me the distinct impression that her profession of faith is simply another business ploy to make the most of her current fame.

I could be wrong. You could be wrong. Let's see where she is and what she's doing this time next year.

She didn't ask for all this fame as you call it, it was thrust upon her because she answered the gay marriage question wrong in the eyes of those who like their crap shoved in backwards. As far as her seizing her new found platform to get ahead in life and promote the causes she believes in, more power to her, it's the American way and even for a Christian it's no sin to make a profit!
smiley2.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Fame wasn't "thrust" upon her, she went after it. She entered a high profile beauty contest and had them pay for a boob job for her to look better. She had already posed for some topless pics and she has sent video of herself mastrubating to an ex-boyfriend. I guess the bar for being a good Christian has been lowered a bit but give me a break.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Fame wasn't "thrust" upon her, she went after it. She entered a high profile beauty contest and had them pay for a boob job for her to look better. She had already posed for some topless pics and she has sent video of herself mastrubating to an ex-boyfriend. I guess the bar for being a good Christian has been lowered a bit but give me a break.
Who's to say where she was in her walk with Christ when she did the (nonvisible) topless photo shoot or the video?? As for the career choice, why is a high-visibility occupation off-limits for a Christian? The boob job touches on vanity, but is it forbidden to look your best? As for her "sin", identify the following writer. Is this person a good Christian or not?:
"As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.<SUP> </SUP>For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to doâ€"this I keep on doing."

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Who's to say where she was in her walk with Christ when she did the (nonvisible) topless photo shoot or the video?? 

That is one straight line that I will leave alone.
smiley9.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
We'll let you throw the first stone, jax
smiley1.gif

Menelik

Mentor
Alas Babylon! Yes indeed the bar for being a Christian is getting lower everyday. Are we getting to the point of not judging less we be judged? Its not that hard to live a decent life without making a bunch of dead wrong choices.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Jax, I don't approve of those pictures she took privately for her ex boyfriend as a teenager or those non-visible topless pictures. Christians are just as susceptible to the temptation and intemperance of youth as any other if not more so because of the leash that we put on ourselves. The fact is that she stood up in a moment of testing with a question designed to either make her deny her upbringing and faith and win or lose the pageant that she probably had been dreaming about her whole life. She chose to be loyal to herself and God and that is to be admired notwithstanding her earlier choices. She certainly has been standup since then and has obviously matured into a fine upstanding young lady and role model as Don posted about earlier. I am also not one of those silly Christians who doesn't think we can't make judgements about each others individual behaviour as long as it's a righteous judgement and non-hypocritical. That is one of the biggest fallacies and bad interpetation of scripture that we can't make personal judgements. It's more about a judgemental attitude that you live your life by than the individual judgement itself that scripture talks about. By the way alot of Christians interpet judging, it's a wonder any Christian thinks he can be a policeman, sit on a jury or become a judge because all those occupations are built around judging others. That's how I see it. Don't want to derail the thread too much and so I will cease and desist on this subject matter. Edited by: guest301

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Carrie Prejean marries one of the NFL players the media and DWFs most love to hate -- Kyle Boller. They should have good looking, athletic children.

Carrie Prejean Weds

Controversial beauty queen Carrie Prejean has tied the knot.

The former Miss California USA, 23, wed Oakland Raiders quarterback Kyle Boller, 28, Friday at The Grand Del Mar hotel in San Diego, Calif., her hometown.

The 25-minute ceremony was "beautiful," a witness tells E! News. "They had cocktails on the lawn right after. Everyone seemed really happy."

Prejean wore a gorgeous one-shoulder mermaid-style gown, according to E!, while Boller and his fellow groomsmen donned black tuxedos.

After bidding farewell to her six bridesmaids, she and Boller were whisked away in a white Rolls Royce Phantom, E! reports.

The two got engaged this past February.

PHOTOS: Huge celeb engagement rings

Prejean made headlines last April when pageant judge Perez Hilton asked her if she supported gay marriage. "In my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," she replied. "No offense to anybody there, but that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be, between a man and a woman."

PHOTOS: Carrie Prejean and other Hollywood turkeys

Her response outraged Hilton and others in the Miss California community. Hilton launched a crude attack against her. Organizer Keith Lewis even released a statement: "As co-director of the Miss California USA, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman."

Prejean only continued to irk her enemies when she began working for the National Organization for Marriage.

PHOTOS: Unforgettable celeb scandals

Scandal returned a short time later when semi-nude photos of her began hitting the web.

She almost lost her crown, but Donald Trump, who owns the Miss USA and Miss Universe organizations, allowed her to keep her title because he said "the pictures taken were fine."

On June 10, however, Prejean was fired for violating her contract and "unwillingness to make appearances on behalf" of the organization, according to pageant officials.

PHOTOS: Celeb beauties with no makeup

But in an in interview with Access Hollywood, Prejean claimed otherwise: "None of this would be happening right now if I just said, 'Yeah, gays should get married. You're right, Perez Hilton.'"

First runner-up Tami Farrell replaced her as Miss California USA.
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/carrie-prejean-weds/43352?nc

guest301

Hall of Famer
It's nice to see something good finally happen to Kyle Boller as his NFL career has been a disappointment so far although I think the Ravens never really gave him a fair shake.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah guest301, "something good" finally happened to Kyle. Luckily guy!