Miscellaneous Boxing News

truthpilled

People hate because he's a white in a small division, Usyk does not get nearly the same amount of hate but Loma does. Ever since blacks lost their dominance in the heavier divisions the new cope is only men under 150 lbs can be skilled.

i notice the same thing with inoue vs zhang. Blacks hate the former way more than the latter even though zhang destroyed wilder. I never thought about it but youre right about their cope on how heavier weight classes lack the talent lighter weight classes do (it dosen't help that wilder was a dominant force at some point). This is their cope because 135-147 is where blacks are most prominent right now. One of their hypejobs haney got exposed by an alcoholic white mexican so you can only expect them to get more bitter

truthpilled

I think many of posters have given up on the heavier divisions as Black Americans haven't been dominant in divisions above 147 for close to 20 years.

The mantra about the best American athletes(ie Black) are playing basketball and football are always mentioned(never baseball or hockey for obvious reasons) but in the divisions of 147 and below it would be a very rare athlete that could make a major league squad in any of the 4 main stream professional leagues if they applied themselves in those sports.

PS I remember some sports historians mentioning that was the reason why White boxers dried up at the world class level in divisions above these divisions but to the average DWF that reference was never taken seriously but with the dearth of Black fighters at the world class level in the heavier weight classes this mantra is gospel.
blacks arent prominent in middleweight or super middleweight either and those guys would be too small to do NFL or NBA. I wonder what their excuse would be if you told them that

Last edited:

Booth

Mentor

Friday, June 21 The fight schedule for this weekend.​

Fontainebleu, Las Vegas, NV (ESPN+)​

• Rafael Espinoza vs Sergio Chirino, featherweights, 12 rounds, for Espinoza’s WBO title
  • Andres Cortes vs Abraham Nova, super featherweights, 10 or 12 rounds
  • Troy Isley vs Javier Martinez, middleweights, 10 rounds

Saturday, June 22​

Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, England (DAZN)​

• Tyler Denny vs Felix Cash, middleweights, 12 rounds, for Denny’s European title
  • Lewis Crocker vs Conah Walker, welterweights, 10 rounds
  • Shannon Ryan vs Emma Dolan, super flyweights, 10 rounds, for vacant British title and Dolan’s Commonwealth title
  • Cameron Vuong vs Jordan Flynn, lightweights, 10 rounds

Saturday, June 29​

Footprint Center, Phoenix, AZ (DAZN)​

• Juan Francisco Estrada vs Jesse “Bam” Rodriguez, super flyweights, 12 rounds, for Estrada’s WBC title
  • Sunny Edwards vs Adrian Curiel, flyweights, 12 rounds
  • Yamileth Mercado vs Ramla Ali, super bantamweights, 10 rounds, for Mercado’s WBC title
  • Arturo Popoca vs Danny Barrios, super bantamweights, 10 rounds

James L. Knight Center, Miami Beach, FL (ESPN / ESPN+)​

• Teofimo Lopez vs Steve Claggett, super lightweights, 12 rounds, for Lopez’s WBO title
  • Robeisy Ramirez vs Brandon Benitez, featherweights, 10 rounds

Saturday, July 6​

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes

Friday, June 21 The fight schedule for this weekend.​

Fontainebleu, Las Vegas, NV (ESPN+)​

• Rafael Espinoza vs Sergio Chirino, featherweights, 12 rounds, for Espinoza’s WBO title
  • Andres Cortes vs Abraham Nova, super featherweights, 10 or 12 rounds
  • Troy Isley vs Javier Martinez, middleweights, 10 rounds

Saturday, June 22​

Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, England (DAZN)​

• Tyler Denny vs Felix Cash, middleweights, 12 rounds, for Denny’s European title
  • Lewis Crocker vs Conah Walker, welterweights, 10 rounds
  • Shannon Ryan vs Emma Dolan, super flyweights, 10 rounds, for vacant British title and Dolan’s Commonwealth title
  • Cameron Vuong vs Jordan Flynn, lightweights, 10 rounds

Saturday, June 29​

Footprint Center, Phoenix, AZ (DAZN)​

• Juan Francisco Estrada vs Jesse “Bam” Rodriguez, super flyweights, 12 rounds, for Estrada’s WBC title
  • Sunny Edwards vs Adrian Curiel, flyweights, 12 rounds
  • Yamileth Mercado vs Ramla Ali, super bantamweights, 10 rounds, for Mercado’s WBC title
  • Arturo Popoca vs Danny Barrios, super bantamweights, 10 rounds

James L. Knight Center, Miami Beach, FL (ESPN / ESPN+)​

• Teofimo Lopez vs Steve Claggett, super lightweights, 12 rounds, for Lopez’s WBO title
  • Robeisy Ramirez vs Brandon Benitez, featherweights, 10 rounds

Saturday, July 6​

Yes it's a slow week and a ESPN card goes up against an NHL final game so ratings will be even lower for the featherweight title bout. On Saturday afternoon Cash is in a do or die European title bout and if he wins he will probably look for an opportunity at the world level. Also Irish prospect Crocker is an action again in his last fight he destroyed undersized but tough nut Felix Jose. He will have a litmus test to see if the Jose win was more a weight bully win or he is a dangerous prospect who has world level power.

Also the Ryan Garcia drama seems to have come to an end and Garcia was suspended for a year and lost his guaranteed purse of 1.2 million US but must forfeit it to his promoter not Haney(a strange decision to say the least). Supposedly the NYAC was prepared to throw the book at Garcia and give him a long suspension if he didn't settle on those terms.

Garcia seemed to be holding a high card versus the pat hand of the NYAC so he folded his hand in the high stakes negotiations. https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...rcia-following-one-year-ped-suspension-boxing

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
blacks arent prominent in middleweight or super middleweight either and those guys would be too small to do NFL or NBA. I wonder what their excuse would be if you told them that
While I do agree most middleweights and super middleweights would be too small for the big 4 major leagues, elite talents could make rosters and even star in the leagues. Wayne Gretzky was 160 pounds soaking wet without a weight cut as young player and filled out 170 pounds as a veteran. Alan Iverson was similar to Gretzky weight wise and didn't do the same water cut both are legends in their sports with Gretzky in GOAT conversation with maybe 2 other players in his sport.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
The boxing schedule starts tonight and continues through Saturday. There are not many well known names on the cards, but I always expect some action fights on these cards. Sonny Edwards is boxing this weekend always an action fighter.

Tonight has a card devoid of White prospects as far as I know.

Sonny Edwards fights the longshot White Mexican who destroyed the Black South African 108 pound champion who was talking about unification fights with other 108 pound world champions so he is dangerous until he is vanquished. The main event on Saturday could be a hidden gem if both fighters bring their best in the 115 world title bout.

The biggest news of the weekend is Daniel Dubois is the new "email champion" as Usyk as expected relinquished his IBF belt as his Fury rematch conflicted with this mandatory. https://fightnews.com/dubois-named-ibf-heavyweight-champion/162956

PS Saturday has a competing card with the "Super Fly" card with Teo Lopez defending his 140 pound belt against White Canadian??(he may be Metis or a member of band as he has a bit of an Asiatic look to him) journeyman Steve Claggett. Claggett has a spotty record against prospects and fringe contenders so I don't expect much from him but I suppose there is always a chance if he can get Lopez to lose focus.

Seeing Lopez's Drexel type pops blowing a gasket because Teo's showboating costs him rounds could be worth the entertainment even if Claggett loses the bout.

Last edited:

Arerequired

Mentor
Yeah they were going to strip him, it came out right after the unification fight. Hrgovic laying an egg has gotten Dubois back near the title, hope he fights Zhang, Fury, Parker or someone more deserving who would make relatively quick work.

Truthman

Guru
PS Saturday has a competing card with the "Super Fly" card with Teo Lopez defending his 140 pound belt against White Canadian??(he may be Metis or a member of band as he has a bit of an Asiatic look to him) journeyman Steve Claggett. Claggett has a spotty record against prospects and fringe contenders so I don't expect much from him but I suppose there is always a chance if he can get Lopez to lose focus.
Claggett is Half Chinese, Half Irish.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Claggett is Half Chinese, Half Irish.
Yes it came back to me after I posted he was Eurasian and the nickname Dragon was a tribute to his Chinese ancestry.

Regarding the fight Claggett brought the proverbial knife to a gunfight and didn't have the pop to trouble Lopez and was punished at times for being right in Lopez's face when Lopez timed him and he lost a wide decision. I think we learned that Lopez doesn't have show stopping power against larger men and will need to win with skills at 147. Lopez freely admitted that Claggett was chosen because he was a career welterweight who had a durable record at the higher division.

Sunny Edwards had a successful comeback against former 108 pound champion Adrien Curiel. Edwards from the reports I read boxed the ears off of the more crude White Mexican. The bout was stopped due to cuts caused by a headbutt.

PS Lopez came into the ring with a Spanish flag which was a tribute to his grandfather (who I assume is dead) who fled Spain when it was ruled by a military junta and settled in Latin America. So that means Lopez is Whiter than Claggett and is probably a Castizo but like an under sized fish I will throw him back in the lake.

Last edited:

Arerequired

Mentor
Garcia is off the chain, breaks the monotony a bit. I wonder what the Saudi's are thinking.
:partyhat:

white is right

Hall of Famer
The boxing schedule this weekend includes Stevenson vs Harutyunyan lightweights and Fisher vs Babic heavyweights. Ryan Garcia has been expelled by the WBC for a racist rant on social media.

The German based Armenian earned this title shot with the tight house fighter loss to the hot at the time Frank Martin. He will be a decided underdog against Stevenson who is poised to get in a big money fight against either Davis or Loma.

Yes Fisher is in a step up fight against all action Babic but should win this fight on size alone.

Garcia is mentally ill and everything that comes out of his mouth in this mental state is essentially similar to the ravings of the wino on the street corner panhandling for his next alcohol fix. I hope he gets the help he needs as he could end up in bad state with a confrontation with law enforcement at some point.

Supposedly he backed off the potty mouthed ravings with an apology today so he may be seeking help at some point in the next few days. https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/40502355/boxing-star-ryan-garcia-apologizes-use-racial-slurs

Last edited:

Whiteathlete333

Hall of Famer
The German based Armenian earned this title shot with the tight house fighter loss to the hot at the time Frank Martin. He will be a decided underdog against Stevenson who is poised to get in a big money fight against either Davis or Loma.

Yes Fisher is in a step up fight against all action Babic but should win this fight on size alone.

Garcia is mentally ill and everything that comes out of his mouth in this mental state is essentially similar to the ravings of the wino on the street corner panhandling for his next alcohol fix. I hope he gets the help he needs as he could end up in bad state with a confrontation with law enforcement at some point.

Supposedly he backed off the potty mouthed ravings with an apology today so he may be seeking help at some point in the next few days. https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/40502355/boxing-star-ryan-garcia-apologizes-use-racial-slurs
So Garcia is banned for using the n word but how about Bernard Hopkins and Devin Haney saying they would never lose to a white boy? How about mayweather making fun of whites and Asians? The double standard blows my mind. Blacks are never, ever held accountable for anything.

JohnHarper

Any particular fights worth watching this weekend? I’m gonna be watching the Diaz vs Masvidal for sure.

jphoss

Mentor
So Garcia is banned for using the n word but how about Bernard Hopkins and Devin Haney saying they would never lose to a white boy? How about mayweather making fun of whites and Asians? The double standard blows my mind. Blacks are never, ever held accountable for anything.
Then Kovalev beat the **** out of hopkins lol

Logos5

Guru
Then Kovalev beat the **** out of hopkins lol
The so called "white boys" have been beating up the brothas for a while now in the modern age, heck look at usyks rise to undisputed, literally koed and beat up blacks so much easier than his bid in the Cruiserweight against other european whites

white is right

Hall of Famer
It's much worse than that Gayfeather has a criminal record for domestic battery and served time in the crowbar motel for it. I would rather be called a racial/ethnic slur than getting beaten up side my head. But in this bizarre world words seem to be worse than physical violence.

Updating the fights from today and the word of the day is Bosch as Fisher did what he had to do to at least have a chance to be legitimate contender and dispatched the outgunned and undersized Babic in 36 seconds. Fisher put together an elite level combination to drop and put the equilibrium out of the too tough for his ability Balkans heavyweight who may think about other career options after this loss.

As long as Fisher isn't rushed into a dangerous fight he should only grow in abilities. Maybe another veteran who can give rounds but isn't threatening power wise will be next up for the Romford Bull.

PS For the poster who was asking what to watch DAZN has a competing card with the ESPN card tonight plus the independent PPV. I will probably watch the ESPN card only because I can watch the DAZN card anytime I want but White Mexican Zepeda is an all action fighter who looks like a future world champion at some point in his career.

Last edited:

Laybrick

Shades of Jack Dempsey to the way Johnny Fisher fights. Speed, power, fluid motion. He's not robotic like many big guys. The Jack Dempsey that beat Willard may have been the greatest heavyweight ever, this is something great Jewish coach Ray Arcel believed and he saw all the heavies ringside from Dempsey to Ali to Tyson. I'd pick Fisher to beat Anthony Joshua. That's an explosive matchup.

Truthman

Guru
With O'shaquie Foster losing. Black Americans now only have 5 current world champs - Stevenson, Davis, Haney, Ennis, Crawford.

And they are all from lightweight to welterweight. Like I've said before on here all their eggs are in the 135-147 basket. This is the only divisions they have a few top fighters in. Apart from that they are very poor at boxing. LDBC channels like to do the delusional talk how they dominate, but it's far, far from the truth!

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
With O'shaquie Foster losing. Black Americans now only have 5 current world champs - Stevenson, Davis, Haney, Ennis, Crawford.

And they are all from lightweight to welterweight. Like I've said before on here all their eggs are in the 135-147 basket. This is the only divisions they have a few top fighters in. Apart from that they are very poor at boxing. LDBC channels like to do the delusional talk how they dominate, but it's far, far from the truth!
It's no surprise to me that I happened to look something up on bing today and they always have news stories at the bottom of the page. Never have I seen a boxing article featured for a lightweight boxer. Today they had a feature on Stevenson. Maybe just coincidence but I really feel the mainstream media is desperately looking for the next Mayweather. And given that there is no one in the heavier weight divisions they have no choice but to turn to the little guys.

Truthman

Guru
It's no surprise to me that I happened to look something up on bing today and they always have news stories at the bottom of the page. Never have I seen a boxing article featured for a lightweight boxer. Today they had a feature on Stevenson. Maybe just coincidence but I really feel the mainstream media is desperately looking for the next Mayweather. And given that there is no one in the heavier weight divisions they have no choice but to turn to the little guys.
yeah they are desperate for Lightweight to be the glamour divison

They did it a few years ago with welterweight. When mediocre average fighters like Thurman, Porter, Danny Garcia were being pushed into the media way more than their talent deserved, and they were getting paydays they didn't deserve.