Miscellaneous Boxing News

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
The weigh in for Miller Ruiz looked more like an advertisement for the old country buffet. I thought Miller had committed assault and robbery recently, maybe I’m thinking of someone else. I suppose I’d favor Ruiz but both of them are on the downward trend in their careers. Years back a faded Chris Aareola had a war with a black guy and it was just a knock down drag out fight of who wants more brain damage. Maybe this one will shape up the same way.

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
Crawford ended up getting a UD over Madrimov but the fight was very close and I scored it a draw myself. Neither fighter went down. Crawford wasn't able to "out think" Madrimov and was getting caught all night by Madrimov's right hand. I think Crawford was maybe exposed in this fight as you could easily see that he felt the power at 154 and he wasn't able to bully his opponent in the later rounds. I don't think he would do well at 168 against Canelo and there is probably a laundry list of guys at 154 who would love to get their hands on him now.

Morrell took the UD over Kalajdzik and the scores looked fairly wide although the fans score on boxrec had it 115-113 for Kalajdzik so I'm sure it was a robbery. Morrell was probably exposed a little bit in this fight as well. I didn't see the fight but according to boxrec, neither fighter went down.

Ruiz Miller was scored a draw and the fight was terrible. A slow uneventful fight between two sloppy overweight guys who have little more than a punchers chance of beating the top guys in the division. Ruiz looked every bit of a fighter who's not prepared and coming off an almost 2 year lay off I suppose walking away with a draw was maybe a bit of a gift for him.

Booth

Mentor
All my life experts have always said, you must beat the champion convincingly to take his title. Neither Crawford nor Morrell did enough for Madrimov or Ralajdzik to lose their titles. Both Crawford and Morrell should reconsider moving up in weight. Crawford can forget fighting Canelo. Madrimov had only 11 fights before last night and more than held his own against the top 5 PFP fighters in the world.
Jared Anderson took a beating from Bakole.

truthpilled

I scored it 7-5 madrimov. no way in hell it was 8-4 crawford. It was a draw at worst. Really disappointed that it wasn't at least a split decision.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I scored it 7-5 madrimov. no way in hell it was 8-4 crawford. It was a draw at worst. Really disappointed that it wasn't at least a split decision.
Yes it seemed there is always one judge who can't help himself and score for the house fighter no matter what is apparent to the viewers you know Crawford's corner were worried about a loss or a draw as he came out in the 12th round like he was down and was swinging for the fences.

As others stated they have weight divisions for a reason shots that dropped or put the lights out of fighters at 147 and below bounced off the tough Uzbek's chin. Also while they looked roughly the same build the day before the Uzbek was clearly 10+ pounds heavier during the fight and if the Canelo fight happens Crawford will spotting too much size and may get stopped for the first time if he doesn't go into a shell similar to Charlo when he felt Canelo's power.

I had the fight about 1 point for either fighter or draw but 8-4 Crawford would have to be that the house judge gave every swing round to Crawford as many rounds were near coin flips on punches landed and effective aggressiveness.

As others stated Miller vs Ruiz was an ugly fight that probably Miller should have won but he isn't a true threat to the elite of the division if he isn't going to be serious about his conditioning. As for Ruiz he could become a human punch bag similar to the old Bozo the clown punch bags for elite fighters as he has no foot speed and his energy levels are minimal after a few rounds.

PS the weirdest sight I have seen in a long time was seeing Bakole doing a jig with his Scottish trainer after his win over the green Anderson who may be ruined after this loss.

truthpilled

All in all I’m satisfied. The last of the Black American hypejobs have been exposed. Crawford looked rather ordinary against a guy that wasn’t significantly smaller than him. Pitbull Cruz was beaten more decisively by Rayo than Tank Davis who went life and death with him. Prime Loma would have beat Davis and Tszyu beats Crawford.

Logos5

Guru
Oleksandr Khyzhniak has won the Olympic Gold medal :number_one:
Did you watch the Madrimov-Crawford fight? was such a f'ing robbery that the judges scored it 9-3 for the home fighter, right after Madrimov mowed through him, exposing the cracks in his defense with his jabs and unorthodox angles, that fight should've been 7-5 Madrimov

Arerequired

Mentor
Oleksandr Khyzhniak has won the Olympic Gold medal :number_one:
Excellent that he avenged his loss in the last Olympics, predictably, the caste cucks did not make a hoopla about this medal.
Did you watch the Madrimov-Crawford fight? was such a f'ing robbery that the judges scored it 9-3 for the home fighter, right after Madrimov mowed through him, exposing the cracks in his defense with his jabs and unorthodox angles, that fight should've been 7-5 Madrimov
This is the Crawford that got KD'd multiple times by an unheralded Mean Machine.

Booth

Mentor
This weekend's boxing schedule.

Saturday, August 10​

Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, NV (DAZN)​

Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, NM (ESPN+/ESPN)​

• Luis Alberto Lopez vs Angelo Leo, featherweights, 12 rounds, for Lopez’s IBF title
  • Lindolfo Delgado vs Bryan Flores, super lightweights, 10 rounds
  • Richard Torrez Jr vs Joshua Temple, heavyweights, 8 rounds
  • Vito Mielnicki Jr vs TBA, super welterweights, 10 rounds
  • Abraham Perez vs Matthew Griego, flyweights, 10 rounds
  • Arnold Khegai vs Belmar Preciado, featherweights, 10 rounds

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes it's a decent weekend after the super fight weekend last week. I have a sneaking suspicion that if Bohachuk vs Ortiz is a tight fight he will be given B side treatment as the crown prince of Saudi Arabia has talked about working with Ortiz for future super fights so the Ukrainian will be fighting the business of boxing.

I missed the title defense of the all action White Mexican featheweight also White prospects are on the card on ESPN.

The biggest news of the week was the crown prince telling Alvarez to take a hike after his salary demands were rejected by the Saudi backers of boxing.

It seems like the Saudi's will bully the boxing market but aren't giving away their money for super bouts...https://fightnews.com/alalshaikh-canelo-was-wasting-our-time/164006
This weekend's boxing schedule.

Saturday, August 10​

Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, NV (DAZN)​

Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, NM (ESPN+/ESPN)​

• Luis Alberto Lopez vs Angelo Leo, featherweights, 12 rounds, for Lopez’s IBF title
  • Lindolfo Delgado vs Bryan Flores, super lightweights, 10 rounds
  • Richard Torrez Jr vs Joshua Temple, heavyweights, 8 rounds
  • Vito Mielnicki Jr vs TBA, super welterweights, 10 rounds
  • Abraham Perez vs Matthew Griego, flyweights, 10 rounds
  • Arnold Khegai vs Belmar Preciado, featherweights, 10 rounds

Booth

Mentor
Virgil Ortiz beat Serhii Bohachuk by a majority decision. Bohachuk knocked Ortiz down twice and busted Ortiz face up, but Ortiz got the win. They should give Bohachuk a rematch. Boxing is killing itself with these kinds of decisions.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes I saw this fight in it's entirety and Bohachuk seemed to get the short end of the stick as at worst he should have retained his title with a draw but as I feared the plans of the crown prince superseded logic and we got that decision.

PS White Mexican Luis Alberto Lopez was taken to school by the well trained Mexican American Angelo Leo and was violently ko'd in the 9th round of his fight. Lopez was well scouted and his unorthodox style didn't work on the fundamentally schooled Leo and was wide open for counters with his low hands and minimal trunk rotation.

In the end a counter shot took the champion out and boxing has a new featherweight champion.

As far as I know Richard Torrez Jr didn't fight on the card I know he missed months with an injury let's hope it's not a personal life issue or a major injury scratched him from last nights card.

Also Vito Mielnicki Jr blew out his non descript opponent in two rounds, I missed this one and just read the wire reports.
Virgil Ortiz beat Serhii Bohachuk by a majority decision. Bohachuk knocked Ortiz down twice and busted Ortiz face up, but Ortiz got the win. They should give Bohachuk a rematch. Boxing is killing itself with these kinds of decisions

Truthman

Guru

Yeah. To be honest it was a close fight but I scored it 7-5 for Crawford. thought he just sealed it in the last 2 rounds

Bohachuk-Ortiz I'd say was a robbery though. I had it 6-6 so with the 2 knockdowns, Bohachuk up by 2 points. ******** how he didn't even get a draw..

Logos5

Guru
Yeah. To be honest it was a close fight but I scored it 7-5 for Crawford. thought he just sealed it in the last 2 rounds
Nah Madrimov sealed the last round

That should've been 6-6 or 7-5 Madrimov
Bohachuk-Ortiz I'd say was a robbery though. I had it 6-6 so with the 2 knockdowns, Bohachuk up by 2 points. ******** how he didn't even get a draw..
That was crazy as well, I also had Bohachuk up by 2 points so like 114-112 Bohachuk or a draw, there was no way Ortiz could've gotten an MD with 2 knockdowns against him

Booth

Mentor
A light boxing schedule for this weekend. Mbilli vs Derevyanchenko and Makhmudov vs Vianello are the main events.

Saturday, August 17​

Centre Videotron, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada (ESPN+)​

• Christian Mbilli vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko, super middleweights, 10 rounds
  • Arslanbek Makhmudov vs Guido Vianello, heavyweights, 10 rounds
  • Oselys Iglesias vs TBA, super middleweights, 10 rounds
  • Abdullah Mason vs TBA, lightweights, 8 rounds
  • Jahi Tucker vs TBA, middleweights, 8 rounds

white is right

Hall of Famer
A light boxing schedule for this weekend. Mbilli vs Derevyanchenko and Makhmudov vs Vianello are the main events.

Saturday, August 17​

Centre Videotron, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada (ESPN+)​

• Christian Mbilli vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko, super middleweights, 10 rounds
  • Arslanbek Makhmudov vs Guido Vianello, heavyweights, 10 rounds
  • Oselys Iglesias vs TBA, super middleweights, 10 rounds
  • Abdullah Mason vs TBA, lightweights, 8 rounds
  • Jahi Tucker vs TBA, middleweights, 8 rounds
Yes it's the only North American televised card. It's a classic crossroads semifinal bout with Makhmudov vs Vianello with Guido needing a win or he probably will be released by Top Rank from his contract. The big Russian needs a win to stay in the Saudi sweepstakes for bigger bouts against elite opponents.

I expect Mak to win but after a loss like we saw on the Saudi card if seeds of doubt are planted in his mind he could fall apart like the proverbial Saturday morning cartoon robot again.

Also "The Mechanic" needs a win to get any relevant bouts in the future, the African is beatable with his poor defense but Sergiy is fighting a division above his best weight and is nearing 40.

PS it's a day late and a dollar short but Uzbekistan dominated the combat sports in the Olympics since the fights weren't on the live broadcasts I saw last week I have been watching canned sessions on the broadcaster websites and it's been factory of Stan fighters and wrestlers fighting for golds.

I remember boxing insiders always stated that Soviet squads were the hardest to make in the world as they left home possible medalists in many divisions due to the insane depth of the squads. After seeing these fights and matches it reinforces that sentiment.

Updating Saturday's action and Mak was stopped by Guido Vianello in the 8th round. The big Russian was never in this one but went 8 rounds due to heart and natural strength but he couldn't land anything but the occasional power cross. Vianello gets his first quality win and I would say he could be in the Saudi sweepstakes off this win. Maybe a comeback bout for Jared Anderson could be in his future and that fight will be winnable if he can land the combos he landed on the Russian giant.

Last edited:

Booth

Mentor
Mbilli couldn't stop a one-arm Derevyanchenko( for much of the fight) but won a wide decision. I don't know if he is ready for Canelo or not. Last night might have been the end of the line for Makhmudov. His eye swelled shut and the doctors stopped at the start of the 8th. Vianello is no world beater, but last night he looked like he had improved a lot.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Mbilli couldn't stop a one-arm Derevyanchenko( for much of the fight) but won a wide decision. I don't know if he is ready for Canelo or not. Last night might have been the end of the line for Makhmudov. His eye swelled shut and the doctors stopped at the start of the 8th. Vianello is no world beater, but last night he looked like he had improved a lot.
Yes Mbilli fought a one armed fighter for 9 rounds and still looked labored and out of ideas at time. He while a mandatory isn't a threat to anything close to a prime Alvarez but if Alvarez relents to fighting the "Monster" and gets a record guaranteed purse he may be the shell of his prime even if he wins the war so that's the only way the African can win against Canelo as he is too basic in his approach. If you have that basic approach you need the power of prime Tyson or Dempsey he is far less than that.

The rebuild for the Russian colossus will be near impossible for what I saw as he doesn't shoot a jab and his head sits on a proverbial tee similar to a tee ball baseball because he never rotates his head beyond his nervous twitch. He may become a B side foil if he fights on as he has a James Bond henchman look but no fighter will be intimidated staring down to him after watching these two disasters in recent crossroads fights.

Last edited:

JohnHarper

What’s worth watching this weekend?

Is the Mayweather fight real or an exhibition? I can’t see him coming back where he could actually lose.

On this note, that Japanese fighter (MMA?) he beat was apparently a job.

white is right

Hall of Famer
What’s worth watching this weekend?

Is the Mayweather fight real or an exhibition? I can’t see him coming back where he could actually lose.

On this note, that Japanese fighter (MMA?) he beat was apparently a job.
I think only the Mayweather vs John Gotti III is the only broadcast this weekend. The bout is an exhibition but as we have seen in these rather pathetic exhibitions Mayweather has no qualms violently knocking out his opponents.

I have lost track on the opponents Mayweather has fought since he has gone down this carnival barker route. I read a funny line that Gotti III is earning the most legitimate bucks in his family in generations that is saying a lot about his family.

Booth

Mentor
Boxing schedule for the weekend.

AUG. 31: Naucalpan, México (ESPN+)​

• Oliver Quintana vs. Julio Luna Avila, 10 rounds, welterweights
  • Alejandro Davila vs. Leonardo Ruiz, 10 rounds, junior middleweights
  • Joel Cordova vs. Ernesto Salcedo, 8 rounds, bantamweights
  • Martin Escamilla vs. Ariel Gonzalez, 8 rounds, lightweights
  • Sara Carmona vs. Camilla Panatta, 8 rounds, featherweights
  • Abel Cruz Quiroz vs. Emiliano Alvarado, 4 rounds, bantamweights
  • Felix Garcia Zarate vs. Oswaldo Molina, 4 rounds, lightweights
  • Monica Alvarado Jimenez vs. Angela Nolasco, 8 rounds, women's junior flyweights
  • Rafael Bautista vs. Jesus Pina Najera, 8 rounds, junior middleweights
  • Kevin Arellano Casillas vs. Trinidad Vargas, 6 rounds, junior bantamweights
  • Alexis Sanchez Aguilar vs. Sergio Cordoba, 6 rounds, lightweights

AUG. 31: Carson, California (DAZN)​

• Diego Pacheco vs. Maciej Sulecki, 12 rounds, super middleweights
  • Arturo Popoca vs. Jesus Arechiga Valdez, 10 rounds, junior featherweights
  • Cheavon Clarke vs. Efetobor Apochi, 10 rounds, cruiserweights
  • Adelaida Ruiz vs. Ginny Fuchs, 10 rounds, for the vacant WBC women's interim junior bantamweight title
  • Criztec Bazaldua vs. Kyle Erwin, 6 rounds, junior welterweights
  • Fabian Rojo vs. Alejandro Frias Rodriguez, 6 rounds, welterweights
  • Alexander Gueche vs. David Vargas Zamora, 6 rounds, junior bantamweights

white is right

Hall of Famer
Boxing schedule for the weekend.

AUG. 31: Naucalpan, México (ESPN+)​

• Oliver Quintana vs. Julio Luna Avila, 10 rounds, welterweights
  • Alejandro Davila vs. Leonardo Ruiz, 10 rounds, junior middleweights
  • Joel Cordova vs. Ernesto Salcedo, 8 rounds, bantamweights
  • Martin Escamilla vs. Ariel Gonzalez, 8 rounds, lightweights
  • Sara Carmona vs. Camilla Panatta, 8 rounds, featherweights
  • Abel Cruz Quiroz vs. Emiliano Alvarado, 4 rounds, bantamweights
  • Felix Garcia Zarate vs. Oswaldo Molina, 4 rounds, lightweights
  • Monica Alvarado Jimenez vs. Angela Nolasco, 8 rounds, women's junior flyweights
  • Rafael Bautista vs. Jesus Pina Najera, 8 rounds, junior middleweights
  • Kevin Arellano Casillas vs. Trinidad Vargas, 6 rounds, junior bantamweights
  • Alexis Sanchez Aguilar vs. Sergio Cordoba, 6 rounds, lightweights

AUG. 31: Carson, California (DAZN)​

• Diego Pacheco vs. Maciej Sulecki, 12 rounds, super middleweights
  • Arturo Popoca vs. Jesus Arechiga Valdez, 10 rounds, junior featherweights
  • Cheavon Clarke vs. Efetobor Apochi, 10 rounds, cruiserweights
  • Adelaida Ruiz vs. Ginny Fuchs, 10 rounds, for the vacant WBC women's interim junior bantamweight title
  • Criztec Bazaldua vs. Kyle Erwin, 6 rounds, junior welterweights
  • Fabian Rojo vs. Alejandro Frias Rodriguez, 6 rounds, welterweights
  • Alexander Gueche vs. David Vargas Zamora, 6 rounds, junior bantamweights
Yes two cards and as far as I can tell only the Polish veteran is the only White male fighter on the two cards. I could watch the DAZN card but I do not expect a win from Sulecki as he probably does not have the power to hurt the Mexican American prospect but he could expose him with his tricky style.