Miscellaneous Boxing News

white is right

Hall of Famer
It's no surprise to me that I happened to look something up on bing today and they always have news stories at the bottom of the page. Never have I seen a boxing article featured for a lightweight boxer. Today they had a feature on Stevenson. Maybe just coincidence but I really feel the mainstream media is desperately looking for the next Mayweather. And given that there is no one in the heavier weight divisions they have no choice but to turn to the little guys.
I saw the fight with German/Armenian while it was no doubt Stevenson won the bout he did nothing for his ability to campaign for a fight with either Loma or Davis who are the two bigger stars in the division. You have to make the fans demand a fight and be ready to fork over PPV money, why would anybody want to see a guy content to win on points and not try and knock out his opponent, especially at 70US a pop.

Also this morning Argentine Fernando Martinez unified two titles at 115 pounds and is now the IBF and WBA champion. If there are no promotional snags a fight with Bam Rodriguez could be a big draw in a city in the Southwest and could make decent money for both fighters.

Truthman

Guru
Countries with the Most Current Active Pro boxers (as of 8th July 2024. from boxrec)

1. Mexico 3380
2. USA 3304
3. Japan 1274
4. United Kingdom 1068
5. Argentina 810
6. Thailand 791
7. Philippines 745
8. Colombia 716
9. India 654
10. Venezuela 653
11. Tanzania 591
12. Australia 483
13. Germany 469
14. Russia 451
15. France 416
16. South Africa 403
17. South Korea 383
18. Ghana 368
19. China 359
20. Italy 357

Shows how a lot of these turd countries have no excuses for how **** they are at boxing.

white is right

Hall of Famer
A big weekend of good fights or on paper they look very competitive. Ennis vs Avanesyan and later on Alimkhanuly vs Mikhailovich.

Janibek Alimkhanuly fainted in his hotel room while trying to cut weight and his title fight was cancelled for obvious reasons. From what I read from wire reports he has no organ damage but doctors decided to take no chances with his short term health and forced him to withdraw from his title bout. No opponent was found for the ethnic Russian based out of New Zealand so he is off the card too.

As far as I can tell no other White prospects fight on this card.

Avanesyan has a tough assignment fighting Ennis in his hometown as he will need to box the ears of the Philly fighter to get the decision in Philadelphia. I haven't seen any chin vulnerability in Ennis so a shot from left field will probably be needed to knock Ennis out but Hearn fighters have been losing fair decisions recently so maybe the Armenian based out of England can shade the fight and get the decision. https://fightnews.com/alimkhanuly-mikhailovich-clash-off/163417

Truthman

Guru
UKRAINIAN NATIONAL TEAM TO COMPETE IN ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIP The tournament will take place in the United Arab Emirates
Подробнее по ссылке: https://xsport.ua/ru/boxing_s/news/sbornaya-ukrayn-v-stupyt-na-chempyonate-azyy_8960427/
Information appeared on the website of the Asian Boxing Confederation that the Ukrainian team will compete in the Asian Championship. The information was reported by the Secretary General of the Asian Boxing Confederation, Mr. Ali Salameh. The official announced that the Ukrainian team will take part in the upcoming Asian Boxing Championship among juniors, schoolboys and schoolgirls ASBC, which will be held in Al Ain (UAE) from August 27. Let us recall that earlier the Ukrainian team missed the European Junior Championship due to the admission of Russians and Belarusians.

^ Bit strange lol. But I suppose they allow Israel, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey to appear in some sporting European competitions!

white is right

Hall of Famer
I honestly think Loma could win this if the judges don't rip him off.

Yes Loma is live dog and could box the ears of Davis but will have to look out for a one hit bomb as Davis has violently taken out opponents with one shot but these opponents were markedly inferior to Loma. Even Garcia had weight clauses that weakened him and had him looking like Bambi when he hit the ring.

If the fight is signed which is a near certainty this would be the first time the training wheels have been taken off Davis where he wasn't fighting a smaller guy going up a division or fighter in the PBC bubble or the burdensome weight clause against Garcia.

PS concerning last night David Avanesyan was never in his bout with Ennis and was battered and dropped and his corner showed mercy and didn't let him see the 6th round.

It looks like his peak was when he fought and beat a series of British welterweights while holding the European belt.

freedom1

Mentor
Tom Aspinal recommended this documentary. Tom has been dipping his hands in petrol like the old school travelers.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jake Paul brings his circus to Florida which seems to be the home away from home for the Paul brothers, he fights White ghetto product Mike Perry who when he was about to be cancelled on social media for profane racist language claimed to be a Hextaroon and showed a 23 and me test to prove it(that went over like a led balloon). So this fight would have a circus background just off of that...

I don't expect much out of this fight but Paul could ko Perry spectacularly similar to the journeyman boxers he has fought lately. A few more blows to Perry's skull and he will sound even more like Drexel from True Romance....

PS tonight White Mexican Santiago Dominguez is the B side on a Golden Boy card against house fighter Alex Rocha. He's a bit of mystery as he has fought exclusively on the Mexican circuit less his last bout. We shall see what he is made of as Rocha has the look of a decent prospect.

Also a Japanese card is on US television I assume on Saturday morning around the time the Open is on television. Less the monster I have never seen too many of these cards but this card is a stacked card of sub 126 pound fights.