Michael LeBlanc

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Michael will be running in the Canadian Track and Field Championships this weekend along with Nic Macrozonaris and Jared Connaughton to name a few.Nic just ran a 10.33 into a negative wind a week ago so he is slowly getting back to form.Jared has been a dissapointment this season after looking so good last year.

I see Michael LeBlanc probably winning the title as Canadas Fastest Man.He is only 20 years of age and this would look great on his resume.It won't be easy as Macro has won the title 3 of the last 5 years.I hope for a very fast race for all of these guys but I want Mike to pull it off.It will give him so much confidence with around a month to go until the World Championships will he will be running.Good luck to LeBlanc!Edited by: white lightning

snowflake

Jared has been concentrating on the 200m and 4 x 100 and is the only one of the three that has made the PAN AM games in 2 events,Macro isn't going because he didn't make the standard.Mike made it in the 100m ,but is not nearly the relay man Jared is.Connaughton is currently running third leg of Canadian National 4 x 100 team because he runs the best corner of any Canadian on the team.He was only 2/100 off his 200 legal pb this yr and repeated as conference champ and went to the NCAA finals again.He didn't run that many 100m but he has never looked better in the deuce,so as far as being a disappointment you better look again.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Your right snowflake.I was a little too hard on Jared.He is a tremendous talent but I was just expecting him to take it to another level.Especially in the 100 meters.Jared has world class talent and can go as far as he wants with the right coaching/situation.I wish him well as with the other Canucks.I'm a fan of Jared and sometimes fans set our expectations too high.The best of luck to him at the Pan Am Games!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We are about an hour away from the 100 Prelims for the Canadain Nat'l Champs.I can't wait to see how J Conn,Macro and LeBlanc are going to run.Good luck to all of these guys.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
M.LeBlanc advanced out of the first round but then dropped out of the competition with severe back spasms.It's too bad for him but it has been a very long season that started indoors back in December.I wonder if he will still compete at the World Outdoor Championships next month.I hope so.That is more important.Here is to a quick recovery for him.

On the good side,our main man Nicolas Macrozonaris won the title of Canada's Fastest Man again for the 4th time in 6 years.He ran a 10.35 in the finals.The races were slow due to the cold,and rainy weather.Congrats to him and good luck at the Worlds.

The 200 Prelims start tonight so good luck goes out to Jared Connaughton.Edited by: white lightning

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
LeBlanc was a DNS (did not start) at the Pan Am Games today.
I guess his back is still bothering him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mike will finally return to sprinting at the Penn Relays as of right now. He has battled through some really serious injuries that caused him to miss the entire indoor season. He is back training and looking good so far. His first race back is scheduled to be at the Penn Relays at the end of April. Good luck to him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This weekend is the Penn Relays and it will be on tv. Let's hope Michael LeBlanc can start his road to making the Olympic Team. I don't expect too much for his first race of the season but I still will have my fingers crossed. Anything under a 10.40 would be a great start.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Michael pulled out of the Penn Relays and is also out of the Big East Track Championships. He continues to have serious back problems. This is a huge concern as he has battled this for almost a year now. He has not run a real race in a very long time. At least he has youth on his side. Hopefully he can get his body healthy sometime soon. His chances at making the olympics look very unlikely at the moment. What a shame. He got hurt before the World Championships last season and hasn't been the same since.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Anyone have any news on Michael LeBlanc. He still has not raced indoors or outdoors. Let's hope he gets back on track soon. He has imense talent and I cannot wait to watch him run again. Hopefully the worst of his injuries are behind him. You still have to love the translation of his last name which means "the white".

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well as you guys have probably heard, Michael did not make the olympics. He has had about as bad luck as any sprinter on the planet over the last year. Ever since he made the NCAA Div.IA Finals in the sprints last year. It has been a series of serious injuries that ruined all of his championship hopes. The good news is that he is only 21/22 and he has alot of time left if he can get back to that level. I belive he can. What a classy guy just to fight and attempt to acheive his dream. Here is a short article. Keep fighting Mike!

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/sports/article/348095

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just noticed that Mike will be running in a meet this friday in Canada. It is a small meet but I'm just happy to see him on the track again. Times don't matter at the moment, he just has to keep the dream alive. He can slowly get faster and next year make himself a force on the national and international scene again. This guy has as much talent as Pickering. Let's root him on in his long comeback!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He has been running all season but like so many others, he has just not been able to hit that higher gear. I belive his fastest time this year is a 10.26 just recently. Don't count him out however because he has a hell of a start, and I think they are still gonna suprise some people. It's like Pickering, I'm not worried about the times because they are building a foundation. You will see some really fast times from Craig this weekend and especially in China. I have said this before, Craig Pickering is the other "white ligthning"!
smiley36.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Michael LeBlanc opened his season a few weeks ago running a 6.71 his first time out. He then followed that up today winning the Big East Championships title in the 60 meters! The time was rather slow being 6.77 but this guy is only a junior and he will get faster. If you go to youtube.com and type in his name, you can find many videos from his sophmore year at Syracuse with him blowing everyone away.

He is extremley powerful and very fast. He has run a p.b of 10.16 from 2 years ago. I'm hoping he can get back to that kind of form as he gets back into gear. He had a very bad injury that caused him to miss all of last season. It's great to see him back on track. I think his youtube.com channel name is LeChukc. He posts his videos although he hasn't updated them in a while. Congrats Michael and good luck to you this season.Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Micheal finished 2nd today in a 55 meter dash to qualify for the finals tommorow. He ran .09 faster than any other member of the Syracuse Team. Michael is a senior this year and I fully expect him to turn pro after he graduates. I really hope he can get that extra gear back he had just 2 years ago before he sustained a major injury. He seems to be doing ok at the moment. He has raced multiple times indoors. I can't wait to see what he can do outdoors in the NCAA. Good luck to Mike!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Michael LeBlanc is a senior now at Syracuse. He is finally healthy again after a couple of years struggling to regain his form. I belive he will be a force in the Big East this year and also on the national level. This guy is an animal. He wants to become on of the best sprinters to ever come out of Canada. If it were not for the major injuries, I belive he would have already have gone sub 10. I predict he will qualify for the national championships. It should be a great season. Let's just hope that he doesn't have any more setbacks. One last thing. In my opinion, he seems to have also lengthened his stride. This will help him to take it to the next level. He reminds me so much of Shirvo. He is built like a freight train. I hope he lights it up this year before he turns pro. Good luck to Mike in 2010!

j41181

Master
Good to see another solid white sprinter in the making. No more injuries please to athletes like him!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Michael LeBlanc will open up his season of Feb. 5th at the New Balance Invitational in NY. This is his first race in a long time and I hope he can start his season off right. This guy has sub 10 potential if he can regain his form of a few years ago. I know he has really battled the injuries and it will be all worth it once he hits the track again tommorow. Good luck Mike!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Michael won his race. His time was 6.78. Good to know he is back on the track.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
For those of you interested, Michael will be running in the 2010 Big East Championships this weekend. Good luck to him in regaining his Big East Title of a couple of years ago. I will try and get a live link if possible and put it on the live links page.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Michael"The White"LeBlanc was the fastest qualifier today at the Big East Indoor Champs. He will compete in the finals tommorow. Good luck to Money Mike!

ARMORY OPEN: O 6.56 2002 Justin Gatlin, Tennessee
NameYear SchoolPrelims H#
===================================================================
1 1267 LeBlanc, MichaelSR SYRACUSE M 6.71Q 2
2897 Mitchell, KennySR GEORGETOWNI 6.80Q 4
3 1223 Lamar, LindseyFR SOUTH FLORIDAI 6.80Q 3
4 1072 Hobwana, AntonyJR PITTSBURGHI 6.80Q 1
5 1221 Hopkins, DerrickFR SOUTH FLORIDAI 6.83q 2
6825 Steinberg, KevinSO CONNECTICUTI 6.85q 3
7 1253 Clark, AntoineSR SYRACUSE I 6.88q 4
8 1224 Marshall, ArmanteSR SOUTH FLORIDAI 6.92q 1
9 1268 Lewis, ShamelJR SYRACUSE I 6.921
10887 Hunter, KadeemFR GEORGETOWNI 6.931
11 1088 Perkins, SamuelSR PITTSBURGHI 6.944
12851 Kyles, Chris FR DEPAULI 6.954
13809 Drinks, JesseFR CONNECTICUTI 6.951
14 1220 Fontus, GregorySR SOUTH FLORIDAI 6.964
15805 Burris, AnthonySR CONNECTICUTI 6.962
16927 Caldwell, JacuesSO LOUISVILLE 7.012
17 1078 Kasumu, IdrisSO PITTSBURGH 7.043
18 1169 Werner, SteveSO RUTGERS7.042
19 1283 Reno, Colin FR SYRACUSE7.053
20 1140 Demko, Mike SR RUTGERS7.081
--921 Baffour, TonySR LOUISVILLEFS3Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The guy that finished in 6th to qualify has some really nice talent for a youngster who hasn't competed for long. Kevin Steinberg has talent and I just thought I would post a short article about him from this year.

February 20: Kevin Steinberg | Abington unknown
Kevin Steinberg is a quick study in his new sport
Kevin Steinberg's competitors at the March 1 PTFCA Indoor Championships may want to keep an eye on him during early warmups. Sometimes you can tell how a person is feeling. And if Kevin is feeling good, he could be in for a big day, just like the one he had on Saturday February 16th at the TFCAGP Meet of Champions at Lehigh University.

Steinberg was "feeling good" that day, and proceeded to add one school record to the two he already has earned this season. On top of that, he won two individual events and one relay to make the day even sweeter.

And he's just learning the sport.

Steinberg hands off to teammate Nick DeFeao in the opening win in the 4x200. He split 22.3.

Neshaminy head coach Chuck Lumio says he has known Kevin since middle school. But like many good all-around athletes, Steinberg "got locked into football" when he entered high school. The wide receiver on the gridiron, and point guard on the basketball court says he was always the fastest kid on his team. But when Lumio approached the football coach after Steinberg's junior season and asked Kevin to give track a try, he said yes.

In his first outdoor season, Steinberg tied a school record of 10.7h in the 100, matching him with Starlord Pickett from 1987 and Kitt Anderson in 2006. He hit 11.15 FAT at Districts, making the semis in his first try at that level.

Steinberg followed up his 4x200 with a win in the 60.

"Outdoor got me hooked," says Steinberg. "I got so much faster from the beginning of the season to the end."

Football came and went, and it was decision time for the senior between another year of basketball and his first time in indoor track. "Coach Lumio told me if I'd do indoor, I'd be faster for college, and faster for football. It's really worked out."

One of his favorite aspects of the sport is the type of team he found. "Now my teammates are my best friends. I'm having a great time, but winning is always fun.

Win is what he did at the Meet of Champs. He opened the individual events with the fastest qualifier in the 60 meter dash trials and then came back in the finals to win in 6.99 seconds. A week earlier he had run 6.95 to win at the PTFCA Track Carnival, also at Lehigh. That mark broke Chase Holt's time of 7.08 as the Neshaminy school record and is currently PA#1. Early in January he had run 6.50 at the Armory in the Hispanic Games to eclipse the school's 55 meter record of 6.60, which had been held by Wayne Demore.

A short time later, Steinberg came back in the 200 and set a PR and a school record, running a 22.41 200, now PA#4. The record of 22.57 had been held by Cyrus Wesley.

Steinberg had helped open the meet, running a leg of the Neshaminy's winning 1:32.15 4x200 meter relay. Neshaminy currently is PA#4 with their Hispanic Games time of 1:31.95.

Steinberg finishes his day with a PR, school record win of 22.41 in the 200.

Steinberg looks to contribute to the team's success at the upcoming state meet. "I haven't run the (open) 200 on a banked track yet, so I can't wait for that."

Adjusting to his new sport has taken a lot of work. Coach Lumio says they're always working on the little things, from starts and form to race strategies. Steinberg says the only real adjustment for him was getting used to the "distance training." He says he wasn't conditioned enough for the 200 and that the "long 400's" were tough at first.

His goals for indoor included getting some school records. He'd like to improve on those and add some medals at States. And he's looking forward to adding more school records in outdoor and getting as far as he can in Districts and States.

Steinberg has visited a few Division II and III schools, and has an offer or two on the table. But with his recent success, he's hoping to attract the attention of a few Division I schools for his new sport, track. "If I couldn't do both track and football, I'd just run track," says Steinberg. He concludes... "I think I have more of a future in track."

If his progress since spring is any indication, it appears that Steinberg is just getting warmed up.