Michael LeBlanc

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Michael ran a wind legal 10.36 to finish 4th in the finals.All of the sprinters in front of him just barely beat him as they were in the 10.3 range as well.Walter Dix ran away with the race in a time of 10.05! I like how competetive LeBlanc is at such a young age.This kid is going to be special.It just really sucks that only the top 3 make the nationals.He missed out be 2/100ths of a second.

It's ok though because this will make him a better sprinter in the long run.No one will work as hard this summer to improve.I really believe this kid can take it to another level.Time will tell.

snowflake

white lightning said:
Michael ran a wind legal 10.36 to finish 4th in the finals.All of the sprinters in front of him just barely beat him as they were in the 10.3 range as well.Walter Dix ran away with the race in a time of 10.05! I like how competetive LeBlanc is at such a young age.This kid is going to be special.It just really sucks that only the top 3 make the nationals.He missed out be 2/100ths of a second.

It's ok though because this will make him a better sprinter in the long run.No one will work as hard this summer to improve.I really believe this kid can take it to another level.Time will tell.
He's in because he made the top five.Top three is incorrect.
NCAA Championship qualifying rules from the NCAA Regional Championships:

1. Finish in the top five in an individual event or top three in a relay at the regional qualifying meets; or
2. Earn an at-large selection.

Edited by: snowflake

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the update snowflake.That is such great news.He reminds me a little bit of Matt Shirvington.Granted Matt was faster at 19 since he had already run a 10.03 by that age.Yet,they are still similar and very powerful on the track.I think if Michael can work on his form just a little,get out of the blocks quicker,and build some speed endurance,he will be in the top 5 college sprinters by the end of his junior year.I think that adding a few 200 races in practice and overall,could help him get to the next level.I'm not saying he has to double,but just to work on being able to finish his 100 races a little stronger next year.Good luck to him at the NCAA Championship.Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey guys.Over at trackshark.com you can watch the Big East 100 meters final on video.What I liked about the race is that Michael LeBlanc was leading the whold pack up until 70 meters.He was even beating Walter Dix but a good margin but he tightened up and really lost his speed quickly.If he finishes like he started,he would have run a sub 10!Michael has incredible acceleration for a man his size!Walter Dix is the best college sprinter in the nation & he is only 5'7 but he could not even hang with LeBlanc.This was a great race for Mike and he can make adjustments on what he needs to work on going into next year.He could just become the best college sprinter period by next season with some hard work.Congrats again on a very solid race.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
2007-05-31_224519_LeBlanc1.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey guys.It's almost time for the NCAA College National Championships.Let's get some predictions going for some of the guys we root for.I will start with my prediction for LeBlanc.I say that he runs a 10.20 in one of the rounds.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Michael 10.16 (+2.4w) for 3rd in his heat at the NCAA Championships.
He moves onto the next round.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Michael finished 2nd (!) in his semi in 10.17, wind legal.
I'm impressed!
Right now he is the fastest white guy in the world. His time is better than Pickering's!!!Edited by: jacknyc

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
He was the 3rd fastest qualifier.
If he medals in the finals, that would be awesome!!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hell yeah Michael!This guy is just seriously kicking some ass on the track.I wasn't too far off on my prediction of 10.20! He blew by that with his 10.17 legal time.I could see it in his last race.He was beating everyone for 70 meters and then he tightened up.He would have probably ran around a 10.05 or better in that race.This kid has just put himself on the map!Good luck to him in the finals.What a year for sprinting and it's early in the summer!
smiley32.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Hell yeah Michael!This guy is just seriously kicking some ass on the track.I wasn't too far off on my prediction of 10.20! He blew by that with his 10.17 legal time.I could see it in his last race.He was beating everyone for 70 meters and then he tightened up.He would have probably ran around a 10.05 or better in that race.This kid has just put himself on the map!Good luck to him in the finals.What a year for sprinting and it's early in the summer!
smiley32.gif
Is Leblanc Canadian or American? That time is outstanding for a freshman. If he is Canadian he will make the worlds and has an outside shot to final and a decent shot at make the semis.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
LeBlanc is Canadian.He is built like a Mack Truck.This guy is extremley powerful as he flys down the track.He has been slowly moving up the college ranks and his nickname should be the Silent Assasin!LOL.He has a chance to pull a top 3 finish tommorow.Mike is so far ahead of everyones expectations.The best thing about him is like Pickering & Wariner,he always thinks he can win no matter who he lines up against.

He should be able to run for Canada if he wants to although I don't know when he would have to declare by.Imagine a 4 x 100 Relay Team of LeBlanc,Macrozonaris,Connaughton and 1 other guy.That would be amazing.They are doing it right up in the Great White North.You know what I mean aaayyyee!
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Wow he is already the fastest Canadian. Both Macro and Browne appear to be past their best. There is a future for Canadian sprinting...
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Macro runs this weekend and I wouldn't count him out just yet.Jared Connaughton is only 21 and he is a huge talent also.These guys give Canada hope in the coming Olympics.Especially the one in 2012 as JayConn and LeBlanc will be in their prime.

waterbed

Mentor
but its original is Le Blanc but a lot of Europeans names in US and Canada are wrote a little bit wrong.
Most times it chance a bit.
Most times names with two words like Le Blanc written is LeBlanc
Or Dutch names with van or der are written in US Van Der.
smiley2.gif

freedom1

Mentor
It said in "the superstars so far 2007" thread that Michael "The White" LaBlanc has run a wind legal 10.17 already this year. Oh man, this is going to be a great track season!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think that due to the fact that he wasn't even supposed to make the final,he did great.Michael ran that time with no wind to help him.He has went from 3rd in the Canadian Junior Nationals to a stellar 4th place in the NCAA Champs.He has increased his p.b. all year long and proven he can run with the best of them!He also now will be named an All American Sprinter as he is one of the top 8 NCAA Div.IA College Sprinters in the United States as only a sophmore.It would be cool if he entered the US National Championships just to see if he could better his times again.Wake up America because Michael LeBlanc has arrived.
smiley32.gif

Maple Leaf

Mentor
After having lived through the Ben Johnson and Donovan Bailey era I am really pleased to see our fastest men are CANADIANS again. From Macrozanaris and now to Leblanc. Ironically, I have never actually spoken to anyone who has heard of either of them. 99% of Canadians probably still think Canadas fastest man is black. The few rare occaisions that sprinting is on TSN or CBC are worth watching. Not so much to see Macro or Leblanc win, but to watch the anguish on the face of the black competitors and their supporters when they are beaten by whites.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You guys need to go to his site and sign up for the forum.He has pics,videos and other news on there.LeBlanc needs our support.Let's get some people from here to post over there.Thanks guys.Here is the link again.

http://www.orangemike.ca/