Matthew Boling 9.98, 19.92, 44.84 and 8.25 LJ

freedom1

Mentor
Puripol Boonson has not done anything that great this year. It seems like a lot of these wonderkids kind of fade quickly. Remember that kid from Denmark? Kris Hari I think. He ran freaky times when he was 14 and 15. He improved, but not to the degree we thought he would.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Puripol Boonson has not done anything that great this year. It seems like a lot of these wonderkids kind of fade quickly. Remember that kid from Denmark? Kris Hari I think. He ran freaky times when he was 14 and 15. He improved, but not to the degree we thought he would.
Many have gotten decent to world level coaching earlier than the typical track prospect, also many physically mature earlier than other prospects. Also as we saw with the male junior 100m record holder the high school level of sprinting has abysmal PED testing so taking gear to get sponsorship or a scholarship is fairly easy to do and get away with it if the prospect avoids national and world level meets for juniors.

I can't say if the bust rate is higher with track prospects versus the big 4 leagues but it seems pretty high among wunderkind type prospects.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Despite Boling running another p.b. of 44.84 a few days ago he is so far from any chance of a medal in an Olympics or World Championships. His body type is made for the short sprints. Do you really see him doing what a guy like Dobson does or others? No he will probably peak
out at about 44.50 approx unless he finds a new body type and a much greater set of lungs. So many of these guys make it look effortless even though the 400 is one of the toughest events in track. I'm glad he has 3 or 4 sub 45's but it still does nothing to excite the majority of
track fans. Boling would have only finished 6th in the 400 meters at the London Diamond League last weekend. He isn't good enough and never will be over that distance. His talent lies in the short sprints!

My point has always been that with the right coaching he can run in the 9.70's to 9.80's and 19.70's approx over 200 meters. He would have
the best chance of becoming a household name there. A true superstar even if he didn't medal. No one cares about him running the 400. I agree with jacknyc that he could be an incredible long jumper but at this point why bother? Go back to the 100 & 200 before it's too late! If the kid wants fame & the spotlight then he must return as a pure sprinter which his body is built for!

Logos5

Guru
Despite Boling running another p.b. of 44.84 a few days ago he is so far from any chance of a medal in an Olympics or World Championships. His body type is made for the short sprints. Do you really see him doing what a guy like Dobson does or others? No he will probably peak
out at about 44.50 approx unless he finds a new body type and a much greater set of lungs. So many of these guys make it look effortless even though the 400 is one of the toughest events in track. I'm glad he has 3 or 4 sub 45's but it still does nothing to excite the majority of
track fans. Boling would have only finished 6th in the 400 meters at the London Diamond League last weekend. He isn't good enough and never will be over that distance. His talent lies in the short sprints!

My point has always been that with the right coaching he can run in the 9.70's to 9.80's and 19.70's approx over 200 meters. He would have
the best chance of becoming a household name there. A true superstar even if he didn't medal. No one cares about him running the 400. I agree with jacknyc that he could be an incredible long jumper but at this point why bother? Go back to the 100 & 200 before it's too late! If the kid wants fame & the spotlight then he must return as a pure sprinter which his body is built for!
I suspect foul play, in terms of his coaches and I bet the "ESTABLISHMENT" wants out of him and where they need him to be

and unfortunately, this is what happens to whites who can break the stereotypes, like Mac Mcclung