Marco Huck

Blue Devils

Mentor
Huck to face Fragomeni

WBO cruiserweight champion Marco Huck (31-1, 23 KOs) will face WBO #3 and former WBC champion Giacobbe (27-3-1) on April 2 at the Gerry Weber Stadion in Halle/Westfalen, Germany. "I am thrilled to box again in East Westphalia,"Â￾ says "Käpt'n"Â￾ Huck. "And I have very special memories of the Gerry Weber Stadion. It was here on August 29, 2009 against Victor Emilio Ramirez that I became world champion. That was a moment I'll never forget."Â￾

The strength of the 41-year-old challenger is that he creates enormous pressure. "He leaves no opportunity to breathe,"Â￾ said Huck's trainer Ulli Wegner. Fragomeni is a true "late developer"Â￾ who turned pro at the age of 31 and won the WBC belt at 39.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Huck should win this fight though Fragomeni is a tough opponent for any fighter. He's crafty and even though he's short he still lands his blows. Most likely a UD for Huck. Fragomeni's only chance is a knockout and he just doesn't have the power.

Blue Devils

Mentor
New Huck Opponent Named

Sauerland Event has found a quick replacement opponent for WBO cruiserweight champion Marco Huck. "Kapt'n Huck"Â￾ will now face unbeaten Ran Nakash (25-0, 18 KOs) in April 2 in Halle/Westfalen, Germany. Nakash steps in for Giacobbe Fragomeni, who had to pull out with a cut. Nakash is rated by both the WBC and WBA.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I'm surprised they found a decent opponent on such short notice. Nakash has a padded record, but at least he's been knocking out most of the bums he's fought.

No doubt they are paying the age 32 Nakash well for this cash-out fight.

referendum

Mentor
Tommy Karpency also announced his willingness to step in, but didn't get the call unfortunately.

Blue Devils

Mentor
371fd16f7f.jpg

Weights: Nakash 199.7 Huck 198.4

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Ran Nakash is Jewish, Marco Huck is a Muslim.

Not very often do we see Jews fighting Muslims in the ring. The last one I remember was Salida vs. Khan.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Marco Huck just knocked Hugo Garay out. I don't agree with the stoppage though and I feel Garay should have been able to continue.

Ahmet 2k

Decent win from Marco Huck. Hugo Garay is a very tough guy and known as usually being durable (only been stopped once before, in about 40 fights). I think the expectation was for Huck to win a competitive (116-112 ie) decision, but he beat that by scoring a TKO.

Garay is a decent, B level fighter so this is a good TKO win for Huck.

Personally I thought the stoppage was valid. Garay went down very hard and took some big shots. Just my opinion though! :)

Garay is best known in the past for close decisions loses to world champions Zsolt Erdei and Gabriel Campillo.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/early-results-from-germany-34-99400

Huck demolishes Rossi

WBO cruiserweight Marco Huck (34-1, 25 KOs) scored a six round beatdown of Rogelio Rossi (17-3-1, 11 KOs) on Saturday night at the Ludwigsburg Arena in Ludwigsburg, Germany. Southpaw Rossi was deducted a point for a low blow in round three. Huck was credited with a knockdown later in the same round. Huck dropped Rossi with a punch after the bell in round four and was deducted two points by referee Paul Thomas. Huck went right after Rossi in the fifth and dropped Rossi again. Rossi was down for the second time in the round from a body shot before the bell. Huck laid him out in the sixth with a huge right hand to end it. No time was given. Rossi was down for an extended time and a stretcher was brought to the ring, but Rossi appeared to be OK.

I am subscribed to Marco Huck on FaceBook, where he often posts `personal` photos of himself.

Noticed today this one:

359mv54.jpg

Lmao is all I can say. This guy has a huge appetite and it seems he is a champion at McDonalds just like he is a champion in boxing!

lol. Im a big Marco fan anyway ;)

Apparently this guy kills it not only in the boxing ring but also at the local McDonalds!

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
English streams for this card:

http://www.onesoccertv.com/ch1.html

http://tykestv.eu/index.php

http://boxingguru.eu/gurutv1.html

Looks like they are showing four fights on the English-language streams: three 12 round fights (Stieglitz-Hamdan, Pulev-Dimitrenko, and Huckic-Afolabi) and one 8 rounder (Gerber-Harris).

It's supposed to start at 11:30 AM Pacific/2:30 PM Eastern.

The PolSat stream is starting even earlier and showing undercard fights such as Dirks-Ulrich, Woge-Hafner, and Graf-Palko).

Undercard on PolSat is starting now:

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/50883/1/gala-in-erfurt-live-stream-online.html

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Huck keeps his title with a majority draw in a great fight.

I scored it 115-113 for Huck.