March Madness 2022

white is right

Hall of Famer
Lol three years of him in the Big Ten and you haven't share this! We don't have to be negative when calling him a brutal monster!
To be honest I rarely watch college basketball less a superstar player late in the college season and the tournament with small schools and contrasting styles of play.

My new college Jaws did play last year I just forgot about him and interestingly enough I found out he is from my home town but he didn't play high school ball in Toronto, so I missed stories and absurd photos of him dunking on opposing centers a foot or so shorter than him.

Yes life is hard for big men whether socially or economically and many have to prostitute themselves out to various carnival barkers to earn a living as a blue collar job doesn't house or feed them. The real actor who played Jaws said something like he was starving to death being a door man and needed to go for the gusto and earn Hollywood cheques as he needed that money to keep himself clothed and fed.

Last edited:
Tonight we need The Zags and Arizona to have been wins tonight. For Dickinson to have a huge game. Let’s hope this happens!!

white is right

Hall of Famer
The Zags are in trouble again down 6 with 8 30 to go in the game it could be lights out if Timme doesn't get hot down the stretch, he has been absent in the second half.

Villanova has a 6 point lead with 10 and change to go.

icsept

Master
The last two fouls on Holmgren were brutal calls. Guys just lowering their shoulder and driving into his chest.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Zags lose..
Yep once Holmgren fouled out it looked like a lost cause as they didn't have a rebounding and blocking presence. Also a missed step out by an Arkansas player and a three on the play was almost like a pick 6 in football.

I wonder if Timme comes back for another run at a title, he could have a decent NIL deal for a beard trimmer with hs constant changing beards and mustaches.

Last edited:

icsept

Master
Holmgren needs to get to the NBA asap, these college refs are a joke. I’m disappointed in Timme. After losing to Baylor in last year’s final, the consensus was that Timme needed to get stronger. I saw no evidence of him getting in the weight room. Additionally, he has wholly failed to develop a 3 point shot. Anyway, he needs to go pro now, before his stock drops any further.

That will leave Mark Few with his Kalerg1 dream team. RIP to the Zags.

This Tournament has been awful for our guys and teams. I’m disgusted with this. Every white friendly team has has awful officiating or awful shooting. Worst tournament in recent memory for us.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Holmgren needs to get to the NBA asap, these college refs are a joke. I’m disappointed in Timme. After losing to Baylor in last year’s final, the consensus was that Timme needed to get stronger. I saw no evidence of him getting in the weight room. Additionally, he has wholly failed to develop a 3 point shot. Anyway, he needs to go pro now, before his stock drops any further.

That will leave Mark Few with his Kalerg1 dream team. RIP to the Zags.
I was about to joke that the Zags were hording all of the Mulatto players in college basketball. Shoot that used to be Duke's job before coach K discovered 1 and done players.

PS Perdue was eliminated today and the headline could be the team who shagged me as Perdue with their size and shooting couldn't subdue David.

Edey and Williams both had decent scoring games but the guards less Stefanovic were trying to earn their union cards as brick masons.

Their will be no sequels for Edey but the Peacocks will roll into the final 8 and will play David against either UNC or UCLA(last years David).

Last edited:

Phil

Guru
What a failure for Purdue. St. Peters shouldn't even be competitive with Purdue. I read that St. Peters is a small commuter school with very unimpressive basketball facilities. So what they have done in this tournament is amazing.

The Hock

Master
I think Holmgren should stay another year to develop his game against bigger stronger players. I also think his deferring to the older players kept his numbers down. Next year he would be the focus and that would help him be more NBA ready. But, that money...

And Timme I really like his game. Few bigs have his moves inside. Be nice if he stayed too.

Anyone who dislikes that Purdue coach (not that I do) must be delighted with St. Peters.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i LOVE college basketball, but this Tourney has lost my attention. “why?” you may ask. other than the teams i cheer for all losing, the reason is quite simple.

of the eight teams remaining, there are exactly this many of my tribe who will contribute in a meaningful way:
Houston - 0
Villanova - 1 starter (Gillespie)
Duke - 0
Arkansas - 0
Miami - 1 starter (Waardenburg)
Kansas - 1 starter (Braun), 1 key reserve (Lightfoot)
St. Peter’s - 1 key reserve (Edert)
N. Carolina- 1 starter (Manek)

so out of 8 teams and 64 players seeing significant game play (40 starters and approximately 24 key reserves), a maximum of 6 White players will be involved.

(only) black (basketball) lives matter, it seems ...

northwinds

Mentor
I wonder what White folks out in Montana, Idaho and other states think when they turn on these games…….four Black commentators before the game…..ten Black players on the floor……..and then they cut to commercial break and it’s ad after ad with Black actors/celebrities ?????

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I wonder what White folks out in Montana, Idaho and other states think when they turn on these games…….four Black commentators before the game…..ten Black players on the floor……..and then they cut to commercial break and it’s ad after ad with Black actors/celebrities ?????

Yes indeed. The powers that be want to replace whites in every aspect of society. I lost most interest in this tournament. The games are just not called fair. We know
the refs go after our guys and our teams to get them eliminated as soon as possible. Bring on the NFL Draft, Tennis, Track and Baseball. I will still watch some of the
NBA Playoffs as 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA are white guys. Doncic and Jokic.

El Gringo

Mentor
We think it’s a bunch of bulls****!
I’m sure the California transplants love it though.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
I truly don't think they care because they don't watch it unless they are former players or die hard fans. The reason why Blacks are obviously pandered to is because they are a rock solid bedrock rating group for basketball. Younger White males are probably next but it's probably less than Blacks in pure numbers and way less in demographic percentages. Older White males are probably less unless they have a tie in to basketball.

I routinely listen to WFAN and ESPN NY and the call in people that talk basketball are 90 percent Black males that sound like Tracy Morgan and they live and die basketball, similar to FDR fireside chats during the depression for people of that generation.

There is no fever pitch among Whites or even Jews who used to participate in basketball in high numbers in the infancy years of the game.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
What a failure for Purdue. St. Peters shouldn't even be competitive with Purdue. I read that St. Peters is a small commuter school with very unimpressive basketball facilities. So what they have done in this tournament is amazing.
They don't even charge fans to attend and probably only had a few hundred family, friends and some pro scouts for the visitors in attendance. The gym looks like a typical high school gym or community college gym.

Mid major programs have risen to a competitive level with major programs because of cohesiveness. Even the Zags lose players to the NBA early as their recruiting base has grown from over looked White players to international Whites, American pro prospect Whites and Mulatto players.

PS, Duke advanced fairly easily over Arkansas in their elite 8 match. I don't know if coach K emptied out the bench to hit the floor in garbage time as by the mid point of the second half it was obvious Duke was rolling to the final 4 so I tuned into the Zoo Keepers sons bout in Minneapolis.

Duke's tight rotation could cost them against a deeper team as only about 7 players were used and as other people stated no Whites saw action less possibly the final minute in the game.

Last edited:

El Gringo

Mentor
I truly don't think they care because they don't watch it unless they are former players or die hard fans. The reason why Blacks are obviously pandered to is because they are a rock solid bedrock rating group for basketball. Younger White males are probably next but it's probably less than Blacks in pure numbers and way less in demographic percentages. Older White males are probably less unless they have a tie in to basketball.

I routinely listen to WFAN and ESPN NY and the call in people that talk basketball are 90 percent Black males that sound like Tracy Morgan and they live and die basketball, similar to FDR fireside chats during the depression for people of that generation.

There is no fever pitch among Whites or even Jews who used to participate in basketball in high numbers in the infancy years of the game.

In small town red states like Idaho/Montana there IS a fever pitch among boys and girls for basketball. Alot of dads coach (including myself) and are even involved in AAU traveling teams. My cousins boy plays basketball year around and at 7th grade could routinely nail fadeaway 3’s from NBA range which was very hard for seniors in highschool to do 10 years ago. His team just one state this year. Football is the same way, the stands are full and very few people have worn a masks since the inception of the “pandemic”. White boys are getting more coaching and training than ever before in red state small towns. I have my doubts it will lead to a significant increase in scholarships from large schools but I’m sure a few more than usual will slip through.

Last edited:

icsept

Master
Kansas advances. Mitch Lightfoot getting good minutes off the bench. So, with him and Braun, KU is probably the least detestable team in the final four.

white is right

Hall of Famer
As predicted here St. Peters glass slipper fit a size 16 shoe and they probably needed a player that could fit into the shoe as they were manhandled by UNC down low and Edert and friends had a cold shooting day and the 10,000 to 1 dog lost to a major program that finally utilized their size properly. Brady Manek looked like teen wolf as he laid the wood against the over matched St. Peter's counterpart.

Leading up to the game ESPN had crazy stories about people who took those odds and what they would do with their money, now similar to Zags bets to win the tournament it's either a souvenir or kindling paper...