Los Angeles Rams General Thread

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
So Funk actually had 3 snaps on offense yesterday. It’s a start.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/lists/rams-snap-counts-week-2-colts-jackson-burgess/

Other encouraging signs are Kupp and Higbee each receiving 100% of snaps. In the past, both have been jerked around a bit. On defense, Reeder’s snap percent was up as well to 64%. He’s so productive that he should be on the field even more. On the defensive line, all three of our guys are getting rotational snaps. Gaines (39%), Williams (16%) and Hoecht (9%). It even appears OLB Justin Lawler (practice squad call up?) got in on a few snaps. Not bad.

El Gringo

Mentor
So Funk actually had 3 snaps on offense yesterday. It’s a start.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/lists/rams-snap-counts-week-2-colts-jackson-burgess/

Other encouraging signs are Kupp and Higbee each receiving 100% of snaps. In the past, both have been jerked around a bit. On defense, Reeder’s snap percent was up as well to 64%. He’s so productive that he should be on the field even more. On the defensive line, all three of our guys are getting rotational snaps. Gaines (39%), Williams (16%) and Hoecht (9%). It even appears OLB Justin Lawler (practice squad call up?) got in on a few snaps. Not bad.
Yeah that’s a great start! I wonder if this is because of staffords influence (in Kupp and Higbees case) or if the coach finally pulled his head out?

I still think Kupp will be ignored for at least the first half of next week.

Rocky B

Master
I saw that Henderson was dinged up and that next week there’ll be a bigger role for Michel and Funk.....The Rams with Stanford, Kupp and Funk could be awesome...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Rams play the Bucs in Week 3, hopefully will be a fun one to watch and root for the overachievers.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Rams play the Bucs in Week 3, hopefully will be a fun one to watch and root for the overachievers.
Must see TV!

If only Antonio Brown would pull a Antonio Brown, and remove himself from the WR picture, TB would be awesome. Brady, Gronk and Miller vs Stafford, Kupp, Higbee and possibly Funk.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
Funk can't get his first official NFL carry soon enough.

icsept

Master
Deshaun Jackson asking for a trade due to too few targets. Along with disgruntled Robert Woods cannot accept a White man as number 1 receiver.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jackson has hardly played this season because he's also behind Robert Woods and Van Jefferson. Jefferson is the one he needed to beat out to get significant playing time. So now he's pouting and the Rams have said he won't play Sunday while he "negotiates" a trade. He's talented but has been injured about 80% of the time the past several seasons and is now 34 years old. Everyone but him sees the handwriting on the wall.

Another detached from reality whiner is Melvin Ingram of the Steelers, who has announced his unhappiness despite playing horribly this season. Now 32 years old, Ingram was a good pass rushing linebacker/end at one time, but so far this year he has one sack, one pass defended, six QB hits and 10 total tackles for the season. He also will be inactive Sunday, because of an "injury" that suddenly popped up. But the NFL is such a racial Clown World that the delusions of so many players who keep getting chances well after their sell by date has passed are almost understandable.

Red Raider

Mentor
Jackson has hardly played this season because he's also behind Robert Woods and Van Jefferson. Jefferson is the one he needed to beat out to get significant playing time. So now he's pouting and the Rams have said he won't play Sunday while he "negotiates" a trade. He's talented but has been injured about 80% of the time the past several seasons and is now 34 years old. Everyone but him sees the handwriting on the wall.

Another detached from reality whiner is Melvin Ingram of the Steelers, who has announced his unhappiness despite playing horribly this season. Now 32 years old, Ingram was a good pass rushing linebacker/end at one time, but so far this year he has one sack, one pass defended, six QB hits and 10 total tackles for the season. He also will be inactive Sunday, because of an "injury" that suddenly popped up. But the NFL is such a racial Clown World that the delusions of so many players who keep getting chances well after their sell by date has passed are almost understandable.
I agree that Jackson is talented but he’s a 1 trick pony who’s good for a deep pass every game and that’s about it. At that age just be glad you’re still on a team and accept your role.

Same thing for Ingram, these guys need to realize they’re no longer superstars and that they won’t be treated as such. Ingram played 7 games last year and didn’t have a sack, so I don’t know why he thinks he should get more playing time than guys 10 years younger who have better production. However I will say, the guy he’s rotating with (Alex Highsmith) hasn’t done much this season either so maybe that’s where the frustration comes from, but still it’s a long season just stick with the team and work hard and maybe you’ll get more reps, plus you never know who will get injured.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Rams overpay for an aging one-trick pony whose production has drastically fallen off since 2018, but of course Weenieworld thinks they underpaid:

Rams acquired OLB Von Miller from the Broncos in exchange for second and third round 2022 draft picks.
In case it wasn't clear, the Rams are all in on a Super Bowl run. Miller, an eight time Pro Bowler who had 62 sacks from 2014-2018, will join a defensive line with destroyer of worlds, Aaron Donald. LA's front seven will be an even bigger nightmare for opposing offenses with Miller; through eight weeks, they lead the league with 25 sacks while blitzing on a meager 23 percent of their plays. Miller's numbers have dropped off considerably over his past two seasons (he missed 2020 with an Achilles injury). Pro Football Focus has graded Miller as the NFL's 22nd best pass rusher in 2021. With little hope for a postseason run, the Broncos got a modest return for the 32-year-old pass rusher.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
SuperBowl or Bust year for The Rams. Stupid move. They were doing just fine with the squad they had, now they give up even more draft picks.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Wow Rams are really going all in. Wasn’t Miller injured too? Blackos got a steal

Jerry Reb

Mentor
The Rams are making the season a Hail Mary. The odds are against them. The smarter thing would be to build a team that's going to be a contender for the next several years in a row. Odds are they would win the Super Bowl at least one of those years.

Still, I hope they make it. They're still one of the whitest teams in the league.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
They wasted a 2nd round pick this past draft and then traded another away next year for an aging Von Miller.

Rams second-round WR Tutu Atwell suffered a season-ending shoulder injury in the Week 8 win over the Texans.

Atwell needs surgery. He was the 57th overall pick in April's draft and played all of 10 offensive snaps as a rookie, getting the vast majority of his action on special teams as the Rams' return man. The second-rounder isn't looking likely to be a promising pick for the Rams.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
They wasted a 2nd round pick this past draft and then traded another away next year for an aging Von Miller.

Rams second-round WR Tutu Atwell suffered a season-ending shoulder injury in the Week 8 win over the Texans.

Atwell needs surgery. He was the 57th overall pick in April's draft and played all of 10 offensive snaps as a rookie, getting the vast majority of his action on special teams as the Rams' return man. The second-rounder isn't looking likely to be a promising pick for the Rams.

Gee who would guess your 5'9 160lb WR would get hurt ?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Tutu? Hahahahaha. That’s pretty awful even by black naming standards. Maybe he’s a Hutu named Tutu?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tyler Snead the White WR for ECU is about the same size but looks bulkier. He’s been very productive in college - just an apples to apples comparison to keep in the back of our minds to illustrate the caste system come draft time (if Snead declares).

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
So DeSean Jackson was released. Couple that with the injury to “Tutu” and it appears that Ben Skowronek should be running as the 4th receiver from here on out.

Red Raider

Mentor
Yep it looks like Skowronek will be the 4th receiver moving forward. With only 4 WR’s on the roster they’ll have to make some moves. JJ Koski and Landen Akers are the two they have on the practice squad hopefully one or both get moved up. I assume they’ll sign a free agent or two.

Man I’m still bummed about Jake Funk’s season ending injury. The guy can’t catch a break.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Yep it looks like Skowronek will be the 4th receiver moving forward. With only 4 WR’s on the roster they’ll have to make some moves. JJ Koski and Landen Akers are the two they have on the practice squad hopefully one or both get moved up. I assume they’ll sign a free agent or two.

Man I’m still bummed about Jake Funk’s season ending injury. The guy can’t catch a break.
Reading some Rams blogs, it seems J.J. Koski has the inside track to take over as the return man now that Atwell is done for the year. Koski has 4.45 speed and returned both types of kicks in college. Akers seems like a long shot. We’ll have to monitor this going into Sunday but how cool would it be if the Rams had Kupp (#1), Skowronek (#4) and Koski (#5) at their receiving core? They are the Patriots for the 2020s.

In another minor roster move, they signed ILB Christian Rozenboom to the active roster from the Chiefs PS. However, they also released DE Jonah Williams. Hope he stick with them on the PS.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Rams are an interesting team. They are in win now mode for sure - I’d guess they have a 3 year window and with minimal draft picks may not have much roster turnover next year which might mean our guys get more of a shot to stick around rather than be replaced by upsiders.

They currently have a 3rd, 5th and two 7th round picks. If Miller does not resign with them I believe they will get a comp pick.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
@Freethinker You are a few hours ahead of the game - Koski and Rozeboom both signed to active roster. Well done!

I can’t ever recall hearing Rozeboom’s name. I had assumed he was an afflete. Great to see him sneak under my radar! I don’t miss many.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
JJ Koskie can really run. It would be nice to see him get reps at the wide receiver position on some sets in addition to the return duties.

This is also a great opportunity for Skowronek to shine in the prime time. If he shows his worth he may just remain in the game plan for the
rest of the season into the playoffs. That would be great.

Rozeboom is also a new name for me. Always great to root for guys that we knew nothing about!