Las Vegas Raiders General Thread

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I echo your guys sentients. Absolutely ******** he's not a starter as a slot WR. Raiders replace One honkey with another.

NikoDuke

Mentor
I’ve found preseason football to be a lot more entertaining and enjoyable to watch just because White athletes get a few more opportunities.
This. I always watch pre season with an eye for White talent which I know will be caste aside come regular season. merit based league obviously..

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Raiders are shaping up to be a top team for our cause. They could have 4 starters, or 5 if they utilize a double TE set, on offense. 2 or 3, depending on the base defense on D. Mineshew or O’Connell, Miller, JPJ, Bowers and Mayer, with an eye to be kept on Harrison Bryant and Dylan Laube. On D they’ve got Crosby and Spillane with Masterson or Eichenberg as the 3rd LB.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Raiders are supposedly going to utilize both Brock Bowers and Michael Mayer quite a bit this season. That certainly makes sense as they have little at WR after their two starters Davante Adams and Jacobi Meyers. They have Alex Bachman as a backup but at this point we can be pretty certain that Bachman will never get a legit shot at regular season playing time.

Bowers can be used all over the field including at running back. There's room for both he and Mayer to soak up lots of targets, let's hope it happens.

jphoss

Mentor
The Raiders are supposedly going to utilize both Brock Bowers and Michael Mayer quite a bit this season. That certainly makes sense as they have little at WR after their two starters Davante Adams and Jacobi Meyers. They have Alex Bachman as a backup but at this point we can be pretty certain that Bachman will never get a legit shot at regular season playing time.

Bowers can be used all over the field including at running back. There's room for both he and Mayer to soak up lots of targets, let's hope it happens.

I recall the pats giving hernandez jet sweeps out of the backfield. Hopefully we see the raiders emphasize the te’s the same way the patriots did. Their offense will be unstoppable

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's surprising that the Raiders and Eagles have become two of the teams I'm most interested in following this season. One or both may end up disappointing as usually happens, but both drafted uber-talented White players, two in the case of the Eagles so fingers crossed.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Yes, Bowers should develop into another elite TE and hopefully Mayer is on the field with him.

According to the fantasypros.com season rankings, we have 16 of the top 20 TEs this year. Bowers has to have been the highest ranked recruit of our guys, so the sky is the limit for him if he continues to develop like the others have.

sprintstar

Master
Yup I know, my bad for not wording my post correctly...I meant Hurts is not a great QB and guys of this level will need very good to great QB's to utilize their enormous talents on all teams...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Hoping we see him quite a bit in 3rd down situations. Seems like he’s a natural receiver.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looking forward to Laube in the NFL. Hopefully he is utilized like Danny Woodhead. I think they have very similar skill sets.

jphoss

Mentor
Raiders could be a pleasant team to root for if they use laube, along with their stud te’s appropriately