Johnny Manziel

Wow, I was watching ESPN "BSPN" and they brought up Johnny Manziel winning the game today against Mississippi state. They talked about Johnny having the speed and athleticism as Cam Newton. That is something I really didnt expect to hear. They actually compared him to a black person. Very interesting. That kid can really play. He does have a 110% better passing game than Newton ever will have though. So, it is still a pretty good positive review on him.

Deus Vult

Mentor
This kid is a legend in-the-making! Manziel is positively the reason this Aggie team, in its first year in the SEC is not a bottom dweller in the conference.

His nickname is Johnny Football, and he is known on college sports message boards -- affectionately or grudingly -- as JFF...as in Johnny ****ing Football. JFF is only a redshirt freshman, so we will get to see this kid for another couple years and enjoy his exciting play! He is every bit the playmaker and leader Tim Tebow was, albeit in a different body type.

Dari Nokia, on his CFB Daily show today on ESPN, listed Johnny "Football" Manziel as his #2 Heisman candidate, behind Kansas State's Collin Klein.

Say it again, folks: the two most outstanding college players in the country today are white, playmaking, ATHLETIC quarterbacks! Smart men, yes. Hard working, no doubt. But in no small part, athletic.

Deus Vult

Mentor
His best receivers are white, too! So the caste clowns cannot claim that Johnny is the beneficiary of black skill players' speed and football acumen.

Kaptain

Master
This guy is the equivalent to Mike Trout in baseball. I'm convinced he will be the best NFL player of his generation. The way he scrambles reminds me of Fran Tarkenton, always making just the right move at the right time. But, he can also flat-out run as well as having a strong accurate arm. I hope he goes to the NFL draft immediately. It would put a wet blanket on the tread toward atheltic qbs of a darker color. An unintended positive of the big push for affletic qbs is that some white qbs will be allowed to show that white guys can run with the football too.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This guy is the equivalent to Mike Trout in baseball. I'm convinced he will be the best NFL player of his generation. The way he scrambles reminds me of Fran Tarkenton, always making just the right move at the right time. But, he can also flat-out run as well as having a strong accurate arm. I hope he goes to the NFL draft immediately. It would put a wet blanket on the tread toward atheltic qbs of a darker color. An unintended positive of the big push for affletic qbs is that some white qbs will be allowed to show that white guys can run with the football too.

That's been the case for a while now. Tannehill, Luck, Locker, Ponder, Cutler, Alex Smith, Flacco, Romo and Rodgers are all elusive and/or very good runners. Even Big Ben at his size and age still moves well, in part because like most White QBs and unlike most black QBs, he senses and evades pressure very well.

But the super-gifted runners -- Matt Jones, Eric Crouch and Tim Tebow being good examples -- are too much of a threat to Caste System mythology. We'll see what happens to Manziel, Martinez and Klein at the next level.

Highlander

Mentor
If Manziel is the first Freshman to win the Heisman trophy (and even if he's not), both Rivals and Scout.com should be questioned about why they only rated him a 3-star prospect. It would be interesting to hear their response.

They could and should take a hit in their credibility which may grudgingly nudge both of them to be more fair (and accurate) in how they rate White high school football players.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
That's been the case for a while now. Tannehill, Luck, Locker, Ponder, Cutler, Alex Smith, Flacco, Romo and Rodgers are all elusive and/or very good runners. Even Big Ben at his size and age still moves well, in part because like most White QBs and unlike most black QBs, he senses and evades pressure very well.

But the super-gifted runners -- Matt Jones, Eric Crouch and Tim Tebow being good examples -- are too much of a threat to Caste System mythology. We'll see what happens to Manziel, Martinez and Klein at the next level.

Seeing that he's 6'1, they may try and move him to receiver and of course only the slot. Don't forget about Scott Frost. That guy was one of the best runners I have ever seen and he was moved to safety.

I've questioned why Matt Jones was moved to receiver many times and even some members here seemed to agree that he wasn't fit for the position. Didn't have the fundamentals for the position. He is basically a Calvin Johnson clone.

We will have to see what they do with Manziel but he has the potential to rush for 1,000 yards in a season and he needs to stay at the quarterback position. Throwing him into the slot would be another example of screwing white players over.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Scott Frost is another good example. Mike McMahon a few years back had great running ability but never made it as a starting QB. Chandler Harnish will never get an opportunity in the NFL. Anymore, the traditional White pocket quarterback has become the exception to those that have decent mobility to great mobility.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
We have to hope they let him stay at qb and not move him to receiver. He's very fast and athletic, but that doesn't always translate into being a great receiver. Keeping him at quarterback gives us a guy who can possibly run for 1,000 yards in a season. Vick had a thousand yards rushing a few years ago and Griffin may this year. No reason Manziel can't.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Seeing that he's 6'1, they may try and move him to receiver and of course only the slot. Don't forget about Scott Frost. That guy was one of the best runners I have ever seen and he was moved to safety.

I've questioned why Matt Jones was moved to receiver many times and even some members here seemed to agree that he wasn't fit for the position. Didn't have the fundamentals for the position. He is basically a Calvin Johnson clone.

We will have to see what they do with Manziel but he has the potential to rush for 1,000 yards in a season and he needs to stay at the quarterback position. Throwing him into the slot would be another example of screwing white players over.
Matt Jones had a shoulder problem which limited the amount he could throw, from what I remember. I would say closer to a Randy Moss clone, except he they used him like a possession receiver, and on those types of routes Moss looked average at best, Moss excelled on go routes, post routes etc. I was really hoping that he could go to a team that utilized his deep speed but it never happened, well they never gave him a real opportunity, a few preseason games running possession receiver routes with Chris Collinsworth talking about "theyre trying to shorten the length of his stride, and I just don't think they can do it" A 6'6 guy regardless of if his speed is 4.3 or 4.7 has a place in the league based on what he accomplished his last season with the Jaguars. They wanted to turn him into a tight end, well they did the closest possible thing and he was still able to adapt.

I don't know what they could come up with for justifying moving Manziel to receiver, he has a great arm, the "rocket arm" they all talk about, except he really does have a rocket arm, he can run around the pocket and throw a bomb down the field without setting his feet. The one thing that makes me nervous is him coming back after that knee thing by just putting the brace on it and playing. Hopefully it was nothing and no damage was done.

I think Manziel's skillset would translate to slot receiver, get the ball to him in space and let him work his magic from there. However, I would hope many fans would question why the switch since we have a 5'11 qb who doesn't have the running ability/pocket presence of Manziel.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Matt Jones had a shoulder problem which limited the amount he could throw, from what I remember. I would say closer to a Randy Moss clone, except he they used him like a possession receiver, and on those types of routes Moss looked average at best, Moss excelled on go routes, post routes etc. I was really hoping that he could go to a team that utilized his deep speed but it never happened, well they never gave him a real opportunity, a few preseason games running possession receiver routes with Chris Collinsworth talking about "theyre trying to shorten the length of his stride, and I just don't think they can do it" A 6'6 guy regardless of if his speed is 4.3 or 4.7 has a place in the league based on what he accomplished his last season with the Jaguars. They wanted to turn him into a tight end, well they did the closest possible thing and he was still able to adapt.

I don't know what they could come up with for justifying moving Manziel to receiver, he has a great arm, the "rocket arm" they all talk about, except he really does have a rocket arm, he can run around the pocket and throw a bomb down the field without setting his feet. The one thing that makes me nervous is him coming back after that knee thing by just putting the brace on it and playing. Hopefully it was nothing and no damage was done.

I think Manziel's skillset would translate to slot receiver, get the ball to him in space and let him work his magic from there. However, I would hope many fans would question why the switch since we have a 5'11 qb who doesn't have the running ability/pocket presence of Manziel.

I wasn't aware of the shoulder problem. Jones ended up in a crappy orgranization with a poor quarterback. Imagine how good he could have been with Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, or any of the other elite quarterbacks throwing him the ball.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Great video and here is another one. With no disrespect to Jordan Lynch who is a superstar, Johnny Manziel is the fastest qb that I have ever seen. I'm serious. People underestimate how fast this kid is. He has Barry Sanders like moves as well. The kid can flat out break ankles. I like the comparisson to Fran Tarkenton and even Steve Young is another good one. Eric Crouch and Taylor Martinez also come to mind but this kid is at another level. Watch this video and see him doing this against the best teams in the country. He took on number one Oklahoma at the time and took them apart. LSU, Auburn, etc. He is a freshman playing like an NFL QB! He is that good.

Johnny Football for the Heisman in a run away! Klein should be 2nd but Manziel in a fair world wins it!!

Watch this video guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ERPczcLlGk

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Great video and here is another one. With no disrespect to Jordan Lynch who is a superstar, Johnny Manziel is the fastest qb that I have ever seen. I'm serious. People underestimate how fast this kid is. He has Barry Sanders like moves as well. The kid can flat out break ankles. I like the comparisson to Fran Tarkenton and even Steve Young is another good one. Eric Crouch and Taylor Martinez also come to mind but this kid is at another level. Watch this video and see him doing this against the best teams in the country. He took on number one Oklahoma at the time and took them apart. LSU, Auburn, etc. He is a freshman playing like an NFL QB! He is that good.

Johnny Football for the Heisman in a run away! Klein should be 2nd but Manziel in a fair world wins it!!

Watch this video guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ERPczcLlGk

Dadgum! Young Johnny Football made those (overhyped) afroletes look foolish...yo. :wink:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I feel a little bad for Klein - he was slighted last year. If he beat Baylor I would have no problem with him being the Heisman winner but Manziel has just been so amazing this year he has surpassed Klein and should win it.

And I am sure that many of the voters want to vote for the poly Teo just because the other two options are white.

wile

Master
I taunted the cliche spewing drunk white fans on the WL link to the youtube video, its always fun using their expertise and cliches against them.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The kid is amazing! I'm looking forward to watching him run through the Oklahoma defense on January 4th.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's time for the Cotton Bowl. If have never seen Johhny "Football" play, please tune it. The kid breaks ankles and has an arm to boot. He is quite simply deserving of all the accolades which is rare to say these days. The kid can do it all. I would love to see Texas A & M take down Oklahoma tonight. Either way it should be a great game.

TBProdigy

Guru
Manziel_Harden.jpg
JohnnyManzielDailyMail.jpg
1357526176_5391_Manziel-money.png

manzielwtmk-480w.jpg
Johnny-Manziel-Halloween-768x1024.jpg

Got to be honest, extremely disappointed after seeing these pictures, I know hes young and impressionable, but I thought we had a solid proud white kid(after previous events) with massive ability. The picture of the money is pretty much a staple of every rap or Mayweather video. Now with his posting rap lyrics and songs all over twitter, I think Johnny Manziel is turning into a young Johnny Wigger. Things like this just make me appreciate Tebow 10x more, can you imagine how mentally strong Tebow was to stick to his guns despite all the pressure around him? Its a shame Johnny does not have his head as screwed on.

I will follow Manziel and hope he succeeds, but I won't root for him like I used to, i've lost a lot of respect.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
C'mon they are just some pictures. Does every White athlete have to be a boyscout? I don't appreciate the insinuation of rap culture with the money photos but he has to live in the real world and that's what kids think is cool. It's like ragging on kids with long hair back in the days when the Beatles were popular. It doesn't look like he's breaking any laws just having some fun.

Anyway if you put your faith in a guy he will always let you down. I would be careful getting too wrapped up in the Tebow myth too. That is going to come crumbling down some day as well.

I'm glad my teens and 20s were spent before the invention of the camera phone and internet. Yikes. Oh well, Manziel is still the best player in college football, playing the part of "dual threat QB", so I will cut him some slack. He seems to just be yucking it up for the most part. At least that's my impression.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If I was 19 or 20 and had just conquered the world, I'd want to celebrate too. Maybe that's the only way he knows how. There are very few White kids today that are aware of and appreciate the old values and the proper way for Whites to conduct themselves.

Johnny Football was under an unbelievable amount of pressure and media glare for the past few months. What he accomplished in 2012 was simply incredible and a boost to the cause of White football players in general.

When I watched Manziel giving his speech after he won the Heisman and from various interviews, he was quite impressive the way he conducted himself, so I'm not going to worry about this unless it becomes a trend. And even if it becomes a trend, we're here to support White athletes on the field of play and for them to be treated fairly, without concern for what their personal politics are unless they're undeniably repugnant.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I've seen worse. At least he is carousing with a white woman and not a gay man or a black woman.

NDfootball06

I'll root for Manziel any day. I kind of like his attitude, which he displayed in the Cotton Bowl by getting in the face of Sooner defenders. Tim Tebow is one of my favorite players, but I appreciate Manziel letting everyone know he is better than them.

I remember hearing a story about how his parents bought him a Chevrolet Camaro SS, and kept it parked in the driveway for him to see everyday. They said if he was a model citizen for a year, he could have it. I guess he was a little spoiled and bribed often. It just goes to show the difference of how he and Tebow were raised, and the outcomes because of it.

Last edited: