Jacksonville Jaguars General Thread

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Affirmative Action gets many people paid that are not nearly as qualified as other players. The NFL like the NBA is probably far worsse
than the Corporate Work Place. The schools do the same crap. It needs to end.

Phall

Master
Speaking of affirmative action, we achieved another historic "first" today as the "first male American pro sports coach to come out as gay" revealed himself - the Jags' associate strength and conditioning coach. I'm not sure that this role even gets onto the sidelines on Sundays. But, it's deemed worthy of a headline in this news cycle by our powers that be.

I don't think homosexual status is worth enough on its own for promotion just yet in the NFL, but it probably provides a bit of job security in accordance with the "positive press." Declaring himself to be a bum-buster also plants the seeds for potential discrimination lawsuits down the road for any number of micro-aggressions. All in all, it's a very safe career move.

Back in my younger days, I was known to do some curls for the girls, some squats for the thots, some rows for the hoes.... maybe even some benches for the wenches. Weird to think that the Jaguars linemen are now doing flies for the guys!!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Speaking of affirmative action, we achieved another historic "first" today as the "first male American pro sports coach to come out as gay" revealed himself - the Jags' associate strength and conditioning coach. I'm not sure that this role even gets onto the sidelines on Sundays. But, it's deemed worthy of a headline in this news cycle by our powers that be.

I don't think homosexual status is worth enough on its own for promotion just yet in the NFL, but it probably provides a bit of job security in accordance with the "positive press." Declaring himself to be a bum-buster also plants the seeds for potential discrimination lawsuits down the road for any number of micro-aggressions. All in all, it's a very safe career move.

Back in my younger days, I was known to do some curls for the girls, some squats for the thots, some rows for the hoes.... maybe even some benches for the wenches. Weird to think that the Jaguars linemen are now doing flies for the guys!!
Hahaha, you’ve got a way with words my friend!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Chad Muma will start at least the next two games after Devin Lloyd had thumb surgery yesterday. Muma should have been starting over Lloyd anyway, as he's been close to a bust early in his career but he was drafted in the first round last year and we know how that goes (extra heaping portions of "upside"). If Muma shows well, who knows maybe it'll be a permanent change. The Jags have been struggling early and need to play their best players on both sides of the ball.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Hopefully Muma becomes a permanent starter. It would be great to have more reason to cheer on the Jags as I want Lawrence to become a star.

woody39

Mentor
Good luck to Jones, a fresh start was needed he is a good player but his confidence was shot after a poor season, he wasn't great but the coaching and supporting cast was awful.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with this. Chad Muma is spinning his wheels in Jax when he could be starting for a lot of teams. The Jags are wasting his best years, drafting him in the third round after taking another inside backer in the first round in the same draft was inexplicable even for that bottom feeder franchise.

5 players the Jacksonville Jaguars could trade during draft season

4. Chad Muma, linebacker

Chad Muma has spent his first two seasons waiting for his chance to join the starting lineup but he won't probably get it. The Jaguars just gave veteran Foyesade Oluokun a new contract and Devin Lloyd remains firmly entrenched at the top of the depth chart.

A third-round pick in 2022, Muma flashed as a rookie when he filled in for Lloyd but a knee injury sent him back to the sidelines. He once again got playing time last year but wasn't able to capitalize on the opportunity.

The Jaguars are now switching to a 4-3 scheme under defensive coordinator Ryan Nielsen but that won't help Chad Muma get on the field, as they'll run plenty of nickel packages (two linebackers, three cornerbacks). If that wasn't enough, he will probably need to fend off sophomore Ventrell Miller and whoever the front office adds in the draft. That leaves a trade as Muma's best possible outcome.

This year's linebacker class isn't particularly deep, and teams who need to add competition or depth could most definitely use Muma. The truth is that he'll have a steep hill to climb in Jacksonville, so the Jaguars might as well move on from him and try to get something in return, even if it's a sixth or seventh-round selection.

booth

Mentor
I wish Lawrence would put in a word for Hunter Renfrow. Renfrow is better than any receiver the Jags have right now. He could help a former teammate out.