Hunter Renfrow

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm very glad to see Renfro be so successful, especially after he was widely -- pretty much universally -- mocked as unathletic, more of a team mascot than the All Pro receiver he's become. But -- like Kupp he signed for under his market value. Christian Kirk -- who? -- an underachiever with Arizona, signed a 4 year $72 million contract ($20 mil signing bonus with $37 mil guaranteed) with Jax this offseason to significantly raise the going rate for receivers. Again, it's silly money these guys make, but Renfro's market value was more than he signed for. That's been the case for White receivers and White players in general in the NFL for a long time.

Yet despite the fact that any nfl team can sign these type players for pennies on the dollar they do not want them. It's so sad. It's amazing that we always have some of our guys make it in college and the nfl despite the deck of cards being stacked against them. It's
a rigged game set up for the magical smile crowd. No one else need apply. The fact that some of our guys make it and to the highest level is a miracle. As the saying goes though "the cream rises to the top".

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Makes you wonder if the idea of a salary cap doesn’t hurt white players in this respect? For instance in any other work context there is no such thing as a salary cap nor is there a limit to how many employees you can have.

For the sake of argument if there was no limit on the amount of players on an nfl team would Yt be allowed to hang around more and possibly play more?

if there was a salary arbitrage a savvy team owner could stock up on the UDfa talent he wanted to paying them little and just seeing what happened ?

Just a half baked idea on my part probably but it seems that in college the majority of football scholarships go to black athletes at present and so YT is forced to walk on (the equivalent of accepting less compensation to do the same job). When guys like Renfrow walk on and excel they rise to the top.

I don’t know enough about practice squad spots so maybe this already exists and if so, apologies for my uninformed post!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Former "unathletic" team mascot Renfrow continues to finally get some of the respect he deserves. But still not nearly enough as Marcus Spears of ESPN calls him the NFL's most underappreciated player. I see this also in fantasy football as Renfrow finished last season as a number one receiver in fantasy yet is being drafted this year way below that level. He's really close or at the level of a play and plug superstar like Wes Welker was for so many years. The Raiders are being widely predicted to have a prolific offense this season and Hunter should benefit and continue his ascendance in the receiver ranks. Article:

Is Hunter Renfrow the NFL’s most underrated player? An ESPN NFL analyst thinks so. In response to a tweet from NFL on ESPN asking, “Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?”, ESPN’s Marcus Spears replied that it’s the former Clemson and current Las Vegas Raiders slot receiver.

Renfrow is coming off a career year in 2021, his third NFL campaign, and was rewarded by the Raiders in June with a two-year, $32 million extension. En route to his first career Pro Bowl selection last season, Renfrow set career highs and ranked among the top 10 in the league in receptions (103) and receiving touchdowns (nine) last. He also led the team in receiving yards with 1,038 – becoming the first Raiders receiver to record over 1,000 receiving yards in a season since 2016.

Renfrow became just the third player in franchise history to record 100-plus receptions in a single season. He is also just the second wide receiver in Raiders history to record both 100-plus receptions and 1,000-plus receiving yards in a single season. For his NFL career so far (2019-21), Renfrow has tallied 208 catches for 2,299 yards and 15 touchdowns.

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2022/07/07/espn-analyst-names-renfrow-as-nfls-most-underrated-player/

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Renfrow's been placed on IR. Between injuries and Josh McDaniels deliberately phasing him out of the offense, 2022 is a wasted season following his 100 catch 1,000 yard breakthrough last year.

The Raiders were widely predicted to have one of the league's best offenses this year but it's been anything but. They're currently tied for 20th place when it comes to points scored. Hardly surprising when a clutch receiver like Renfrow, who is probably the best receiver in the NFL as far as converting third downs into first downs, has his role reduced to almost nothing. As bad as the NFL is, I don't think any CFers were expecting Renfrow to be screwed over this badly so quickly.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Renfrow's been placed on IR. Between injuries and Josh McDaniels deliberately phasing him out of the offense, 2022 is a wasted season following his 100 catch 1,000 yard breakthrough last year.

The Raiders were widely predicted to have one of the league's best offenses this year but it's been anything but. They're currently tied for 20th place when it comes to points scored. Hardly surprising when a clutch receiver like Renfrow, who is probably the best receiver in the NFL as far as converting third downs into first downs, has his role reduced to almost nothing. As bad as the NFL is, I don't think any CFers were expecting Renfrow to be screwed over this badly so quickly.

We all know Hunter Renfrow has never got the respect he deserved. Coming out of high school he had to walk on at Clemson and be the water and towel boy despite being an amazing high school receiver. Then he finally makes the team and is a star at Clemson only to have
the same thing happen to him in the nfl after 1 big season. It's no wonder so many of our guys end up quitting. Sometimes the money isn't worth the lack of respect for a man that is a very talented starting receiver but in the USA of Clown World they hold him down.

Coach Josh "Cuck" McDaniels is very populat with his bosses as he does as he is told. Can't stand the guy and his poor decisions.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Moreover at a certain point you just have to say that there are other opportunities and I will pursue them. If you are a talented white football player who the nfl screwed over I’m sure it won’t be hard to parlay that into a decent gig in the real world.

It’s a shame for sure but you definitely can’t blame them. Fortunately the white guys are usually a little brighter so they have options

Football is entertainment and we all who runs the entertainment industry

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Renfrow is still listed as the team's starting slot receiver even after the recent signing of Jakobi Myers, who is viewed as a kind of Renfrow clone. Myers is slower and less elusive than Renfrow but is currently listed as starting on the outside opposite of Davante Adams, which is good news for Renfrow.

Oft-injured tight end Darren Waller has been traded, replaced at least for now by first round bust O. J. Howard, which should also work in Renfrow's favor. Adams has been rumored as a possible trade candidate since his buddy Derek Carr is gone, so the Raiders receiving group could still change between now and the start of the season, but at least it's possible that Renfrow won't be ignored as much as he was last season and in a best case scenario he could even put up big numbers again like he did in 2021.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
McDaniels blames Renfro being injured for his dropoff in production in '22, but that's not true because he was also injured during '21 when he went over 1,000 yards receiving. At any rate, I found the highlighted portion of this quote by McDaniels to be amusing. What can he possibly mean by "these kind of guys." Let's hope the part about him being "super excited" is true:

Now Waller is on the New York Giants, and we still don't know what will happen with Renfrow. But, we do know that McDaniels would like to see him healthy at training camp. "I’d just love for him to have an opportunity to be healthy and go through the whole offseason and then into training camp and feel good about going into the season health-wise and then trying to stay healthy and seeing what he can do," McDaniels said at the annual league meetings in Arizona. "Obviously, he was a big reason I was excited about being here. I’ve had a long history of these kinds of guys that I’ve had a chance to work with and was super excited and, still, I’m super excited.”

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Renfrow is praised by a teammate, who says he'd rather guard Davante Adams in practice than Renfrow. He says of Hunter:

One teammate of Renfrow's, cornerback Isiah "Ike" Brown, however, has experience going against the 2021-22 Pro Bowler in practice and believes he still holds a lot of value when he's able to step on the gridiron. "No disrespect, but I would rather guard Tae [Adams] than Hunter," Brown said when he joined the "UCE Nation Podcast" in April. " ... He's like a puzzle, man. And it's like a puzzle you can't figure out. So he's very smart, man. And it's just like, he's very quiet and humble." Renfrow's 2021 campaign was one to remember, as the receiver led the team with 1,038 receiving yards on 103 receptions (third most in franchise history). https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/news...wn-hunter-renfrow-davante-adams-jakobi-meyers

Renfrow was injured part of last season and when he wasn't he was grossly underused by Josh McDaniels. He made the Pro Bowl in 2021 and it will be truly disgusting if McDaniels the Caste Clown continues to waste his talents. There's been all kinds of rumors about Renfrow being traded, especially to the Saints, and that may be the best thing for him considering virtually every football fan in the country knew one of the keys to making the Patriots offense so effective was the team's White receivers, except apparently for McDaniels.

jphoss

Mentor
Renfrow is praised by a teammate, who says he'd rather guard Davante Adams in practice than Renfrow. He says of Hunter:

One teammate of Renfrow's, cornerback Isiah "Ike" Brown, however, has experience going against the 2021-22 Pro Bowler in practice and believes he still holds a lot of value when he's able to step on the gridiron. "No disrespect, but I would rather guard Tae [Adams] than Hunter," Brown said when he joined the "UCE Nation Podcast" in April. " ... He's like a puzzle, man. And it's like a puzzle you can't figure out. So he's very smart, man. And it's just like, he's very quiet and humble." Renfrow's 2021 campaign was one to remember, as the receiver led the team with 1,038 receiving yards on 103 receptions (third most in franchise history). https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/news...wn-hunter-renfrow-davante-adams-jakobi-meyers

Renfrow was injured part of last season and when he wasn't he was grossly underused by Josh McDaniels. He made the Pro Bowl in 2021 and it will be truly disgusting if McDaniels the Caste Clown continues to waste his talents. There's been all kinds of rumors about Renfrow being traded, especially to the Saints, and that may be the best thing for him considering virtually every football fan in the country knew one of the keys to making the Patriots offense so effective was the team's White receivers, except apparently for McDaniels.
The insidious way that author, probably a jew, frames the story is disgusting-Renfrow needs to “prove he STILL has value”! One year after making the pro bowl and he may not have any value? Meanwhile busts like Jalen Raegor are still in the league even after proving he’s not an nfl player

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The name of the article sums it up very nicely. I'm sure Coach McDaniels says all the time to "know your role kid" allegedly.
It's for the good of the team. Stats are not important Hunter. Don't you know that? So sad to see a kid held down like that.

Phall

Master
Correct me if i'm wrong:

this guy was a walk-on at clemson who ascended into a borderline star

he was drafted on behalf of his college production, despite scoring very low against the blacks
he was injured, and has since struggled to get any targets. all his replacements are the blacks.

kinda sucks and seems unfair!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2023/10/15/23917553/raiders-news-hunter-renfrow-trade

My guess is he will be cut and bounce around the league like Isabella. The NFL likes doing that to White athletes. I hope I'm wrong of course.
Yeah, I keep thinking Renfrow would be better off on another team, any other team, but actually it can get even worse for him if he is traded. He was always ridiculously under-valued coming into the NFL, even ridiculed for allegedly having no athleticism, and his huge season two years ago is already all but forgotten in the DWF/media hive mind.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This article asks if McAsshole has been sabotaging Renfrow's career:

NFL Insider Says Raiders are Trying to Trade Hunter Renfrow, Explains Why It Hasn’t Happened Yet

Another report has confirmed that the Raiders are trying to trade Hunter Renfrow.

Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz addressed a handful of NFL trade rumors on Tuesday and confirmed that teams are interested in trading for Renfrow. The snag right now, however, seems to be his contract.

“I can tell you the Raiders want to trade Hunter Renfrow,” Schultz said.

“I don’t think Hunter Renfrow wants to be there either. The problem is [that] he makes a lot of money… Really it comes down to finding a home for him and actually having a team absorb that salary. I don’t know if the Raiders would take some of that salary themselves, but as things stand right now, the reason Hunter Renfrow hasn’t traded isn’t because teams don’t want him… the problem is finding team that’s willing to absorb that contract.”

The reality of the situation is that Renfrow’s contract didn’t look like a bad deal a year ago.

There was no one at the time he signed the deal questioning the Raiders’ decision to pay him and extend his contract.

The problem is that he has not produced in Josh McDaniels’ offense and teams don’t know what to make of that.

Is Renfrow no longer a player that can put up 103 receptions in a season (like he did in 2021) or has McDaniels been effectively sabotaging his career in Las Vegas?

Maybe we’ll learn the answer to that question when/if he is traded before the league’s October 31 trade deadline.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

NFL Insider Says Raiders are Trying to Trade Hunter Renfrow, Explains Why It Hasn’t Happened Yet

Another report has confirmed that the Raiders are trying to trade Hunter Renfrow.

Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz addressed a handful of NFL trade rumors on Tuesday and confirmed that teams are interested in trading for Renfrow. The snag right now, however, seems to be his contract.

“I don’t think Hunter Renfrow wants to be there either. The problem is [that] he makes a lot of money… Really it comes down to finding a home for him and actually having a team absorb that salary. I don’t know if the Raiders would take some of that salary themselves, but as things stand right now, the reason Hunter Renfrow hasn’t traded isn’t because teams don’t want him… the problem is finding team that’s willing to absorb that contract.”

The reality of the situation is that Renfrow’s contract didn’t look like a bad deal a year ago.

There was no one at the time he signed the deal questioning the Raiders’ decision to pay him and extend his contract.

The problem is that he has not produced in Josh McDaniels’ offense and teams don’t know what to make of that.

Is Renfrow no longer a player that can put up 103 receptions in a season (like he did in 2021) or has McDaniels been effectively sabotaging his career in Las Vegas?

Maybe we’ll learn the answer to that question when/if he is traded before the league’s October 31 trade deadline.

I'm afraid that Hunter Renfrows Phone will not ring despite him proving himself at every level and showing that he can be a star. It's really
strange to sign him to that contract only to then stop playing the guy. I guess we shouldn't be suprised here with anything anymore.

One last thing to add. If the Raiders were smart they would be throwing to him to boost his trading stock. The Raiders are actually shooting
themselves in the foot by sabotaging Renfrows Career they also screw his trade chances.

Last edited:

NikoDuke

Guru

Addressing the 2 points above:

1) his contract didn't look bad a year ago when he was actually given an opportunity and outperformed, earning his contract. Which is what the majority of White athletes have to do. They have to earn it and that's been shown time and time again. Nothing is handed to them.

2) McDaniels is clearly working against Renfrow. Is it purely his decision? Don't know but, it's obvious. And again brings up the situation that no one advocates for White athletes like their black counterparts. There is no media outcry, no Twitter trending, the White athlete is on his own. And teams know this.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Meanwhile ******* diva Davante Adams has publicly called for more targets. That’s how you do it. Renfrow needs to cut the “awe shucks I’ll do whatever is best for team” attitude and demand what he deserves.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Meanwhile ******* diva Davante Adams has publicly called for more targets. That’s how you do it. Renfrow needs to cut the “awe shucks I’ll do whatever is best for team” attitude and demand what he deserves.
I agree, but Renfrow impresses me as possibly the least likely White player in the league to speak out. Of course I hope I'm wrong as he has nothing to lose and everything to gain by standing up for himself and his abilities.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I agree, but Renfrow impresses me as possibly the least likely White player in the league to speak out. Of course I hope I'm wrong as he has nothing to lose and everything to gain by standing up for himself and his abilities.
Yeah he’s a real “choir boy”. Even Church boys raise a little hell on Saturday’s!

El Gringo

Mentor

Yeah he is probably smart keep his mouth shut because if he did speak up, he probably get a head taken off and practice and McF@cknut wouldn’t raise a finger. You never even hear alpha males like George Kittle complain about getting passes through on Their Way,, Jordy, Nelson, etc. The only race in the world that treats minorities fair is whites that live in a homogenous area. Once a white gets outside the homogenous area and into a majority diverse he will understand real quick that you’re not liked, and will be kept in your place.

Last edited:

NikoDuke

Guru
I actually think it's not smart for him to keep his mouth shut for the below reasons.
1) he currently has a contract that gives him some financial security and he only has a certain amount of prime years.
2) other races generally don't respect the quiet, go along to get alone, White dude.

Warhawk_46

Master

Well, McDaniels tries to sabotage Hillis’ career when he took over in Denver a decade ago. He seems to dislike athletic white men… maybe some self-loathing?