Hunter Renfrow

jphoss

Mentor
I actually think it's not smart for him to keep his mouth shut for the below reasons.
1) he currently has a contract that gives him some financial security and he only has a certain amount of prime years.
2) other races generally don't respect the quiet, go along to get alone, White dude.
Being an unselfish team player would be great if the nfl and raiders locker room culture was still white but since it’s a black culture having a me-first attitude is a must. It’s like prison culture- being meek is a sign of weakness!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The NFL trade deadline is quickly approaching -- Oct. 31st -- so we'll know soon whether Renfrow is traded or has to finish the season unused on the Raiders bench. Maybe I'm a little more optimistic than usual today, but there's so many teams that need receiving help that one may decide to pay part of his salary to acquire him cheaply. Given all the annual busts at WR, it's obvious the black talent pool at that glamor position has shrunk as much as it has at every other position.

Mike Williams of the Chargers has been very inconsistent but generally puts up good numbers over the course of a season, but was lost for 2023 early on with a torn ACL. Rookie Quentin Johnston was taken by the Chargers in the first round this year and -- as Gomer Pyle used to say, surprise, surprise! -- already looks like a bust (https://boltbeat.com/posts/chargers-fans-quentin-johnston-bust-watch). With Brandon Staley (understandably) on the hot seat, they could desperately use a receiver of Renfrow's proven skills. Other teams are in the same position.

This article sums up the Chargers' need for Renfrow: https://boltbeat.com/posts/nfl-rumors-hunter-renfrow-chargers-raiders

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The NFL trade deadline is quickly approaching -- Oct. 31st -- so we'll know soon whether Renfrow is traded or has to finish the season unused on the Raiders bench. Maybe I'm a little more optimistic than usual today, but there's so many teams that need receiving help that one may decide to pay part of his salary to acquire him cheaply. Given all the annual busts at WR, it's obvious the black talent pool at that glamor position has shrunk as much as it has at every other position.

Mike Williams of the Chargers has been very inconsistent but generally puts up good numbers over the course of a season, but was lost for 2023 early on with a torn ACL. Rookie Quentin Johnston was taken by the Chargers in the first round this year and -- as Gomer Pyle used to say, surprise, surprise! -- already looks like a bust (https://boltbeat.com/posts/chargers-fans-quentin-johnston-bust-watch). With Brandon Staley (understandably) on the hot seat, they could desperately use a receiver of Renfrow's proven skills. Other teams are in the same position.

This article sums up the Chargers' need for Renfrow: https://boltbeat.com/posts/nfl-rumors-hunter-renfrow-chargers-raiders

I agree on the Chargers. Hope it happens. I could see Justin Herbert really building a nice chemistry with Renfrow over the 2nd half of
the season. With San Diego always around a 500 Team for a long time now they need to take some chances to improve their team and
especially on the offensive side of the ball.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Since Travis and Taylor are all the rage here in Kansas City, I thought I would continue my glassy-eyed browsing of TMZ and similar sites to see if perhaps Hunter Renfrow could be found in salicious photographs with McDaniels' wife or something. Not a thing comes up.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Since Travis and Taylor are all the rage here in Kansas City, I thought I would continue my glassy-eyed browsing of TMZ and similar sites to see if perhaps Hunter Renfrow could be found in salicious photographs with McDaniels' wife or something. Not a thing comes up.
When McDaniels was the head coach of the Broncos, there were rumors that Peyton Hillis was having an affair with his wife, so poorly and inexplicably did McDaniels treat Hillis upon taking over the team following Hillis conclusively showing that he had star talent as a rookie after five, or was it six, black RBs fell one by one to injury leaving only the sixth round rookie "fullback" to run the ball. And I'm not talking about rumors planted by CFers but by Broncos fans mystified by the actions of the loser running the team.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I chimed in my opinion. He needs to start making noise or else shut up and be a good boy on the bench rest of the season. Another of our guys being treated in an inexplicable way but he needs to call it out publicly. Or get on his agent to do it for him.

Warhawk_46

Master
When McDaniels was the head coach of the Broncos, there were rumors that Peyton Hillis was having an affair with his wife, so poorly and inexplicably did McDaniels treat Hillis upon taking over the team following Hillis conclusively showing that he had star talent as a rookie after five, or was it six, black RBs fell one by one to injury leaving only the sixth round rookie "fullback" to run the ball. And I'm not talking about rumors planted by CFers but by Broncos fans mystified by the actions of the loser running the team.
I recall that situation and immediately thought it crazy. No, McDaniels is just that much of a caste cuck. He gets in charge and he demotes the stud white running back and then a decade later gets another chance and immediately demotes the stud white slot receiver. Can’t have the spotlight taken off the fragile black egos.

woody39

Mentor
Agree completely. Hopefully may end up at the Patriots seen some talk linking him to them but maybe just the Weller Amendola Edelman Hogan legacy.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Much needed change of scenery. I’ll throw out Tampa as a destination I’d like to see him at!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If there's no market for Renfrow that'll be the biggest screw job of all.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hoping Hunter Renfrow lands on his feet on some roster. The guy is one of the best slot receivers in the game when they actually throw him the ball. Not sure why they turned on him like they did but a new team can do wonders for his confidence! Good luck to Hunter Renfow!

icsept

Master
He’s only 28. I have no idea what happened the last 2 years, but I’m glad he will get a fresh start.

Warhawk_46

Master
Here is a guy who could readily be a top WR and surpass 1k yards again if given the opportunity. What is odd is white players have been “accepted” in the slot position and his being screwed over by Las Vegas makes it especially egregious.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
It wouldn't surprise me if the Saints are looking hard at Hunter. They were in trade talks with Raiders last year before the deadline.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I guess Hunter's fallen off the face of the earth.