High Schoolers

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Is Boling a senior or junior?
It would be great to see he and Buffington running on relays together.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He is a senior but he may have a Covid mulligan that he could use for next year...
No more time to waste. Boling is 22 years of age now so he needs to turn pro. Yes he could come back but he won't in my opinion. It
would be stupid if he does. Even though he is making great money on the side already a sprinters career is very short most of the time.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gatlin Bair the man, the myth and the legend! Still only a teenager and I'm hoping he will run track and not just play football after
this year. His times of 10.18 and 10.25 are amazing! The kid was born to run. No to football and yes to track. I can hope can't I?

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Brennan McHenry is a name worth noting this season.
He has the best long jump in the country - 24ft & 4½ inches.
He also has a PB of 7ft in the high jump. So this kid can jump!

sprintstar

Mentor
so essentially 7.5M in the long jump and 2.13M. He has much potential to jump father and higher as he matures physically...

booth

Mentor
Brody Buffington ran a personal best of 10.31 100 meters at the Urbana Tri Meet Thursday.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Brody Buffington ran a personal best of 10.31 100 meters at the Urbana Tri Meet Thursday.
Thanks for the update.
I checked the meet results and there is no wind reading.
Still that makes him one of the fastest HSers ever.
Devin Quinn also ran a 10.31 in high school, with no wind indicated.
So Brody is in good company.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Another high schooler who ran 10.31 this season is Nathan Salz of Texas.
So with Gaitlin Bair, Brody Buffington, and Nathan Salz, we have some serious speedsters this season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great updates guys. Excting to see we have 3 white sprinters in the top 10 fastest guys in high school. A small wave is developing. May
it continue and turn into a tidal wave. Track can also help break down the stereotype in other sports if more of our guys break through!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Mia Brahe-Pedersen, now a junior, ran 11.17 with a legal 2.0 wind at the Arcadia Invitational today.
That's a world class time.
She also won the 200m in 23.01.

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
Great updates guys. Excting to see we have 3 white sprinters in the top 10 fastest guys in high school. A small wave is developing. May
it continue and turn into a tidal wave. Track can also help break down the stereotype in other sports if more of our guys break through!
makes sense really - all things being equal if we can have 10 white Aussie guys run 10.35 or better a season with only 26million people, the U.S. with 13 times that number could produce well over 100 of that calibre each season

Warhawk_46

Master
Please give up football. His talent is imense. I know the money is better in football and it's more of a sure thing but 10.18 as a junior. Wow.
The kid is 6'3 and 195 lbs already. What an athletic freak! So talented. Please don't give up track kid!
Agreed! With his times, even his skin color cannot be denied… especially in the wake of Matthew Boling.

Bait should focus on track… he might have a real chance at going sub-10sec.

Phall

Master
Agreed! With his times, even his skin color cannot be denied… especially in the wake of Matthew Boling.

Bait should focus on track… he might have a real chance at going sub-10sec.
Gatlin Bair is the son of two Mormon track stars from BYU. His oldest brother is currently Matt Boling’s teammate at Georgia (decathlon). The middle brother will run track for Arkansas this coming season.

Gatlin has apparently decided to go his own way and stick to football (unless this weekend’s world class times change his mind). He will be the highest-rated recruit in the history of Idaho and will be offered a scholarship at WR from any and every D1 school.

Being Mormon, Bair will be going on a two-year mission regardless of college choice and will join the class of 2026 as a freshman. I think he has another full year of high school football and track before his hiatus.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Aria Pearce - who is in 8th grade - won the 200m, and came 2nd in the 100m at the Kansas Relays today.
That's in the women's division. She was running against collegiate women.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Augustus Remlinger of Clovis, CA is another very fast sprinter this season.
He took 2nd at the Mt Sac Boys HS 100m. His best legal time is 10.38 from earlier this year.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Braelyn Baker of Washington state took 1st in the 200m and 2nd in the 100m in the high school division races at the Mt Sac Relays.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Gaitlin Baer will be running at the Oregon Relays this weekend.
Even though he is a junior, this will be his last season competing in track.
Here's more about him:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is what Bair can do on the football field.

No doubt he is another Jordy Nelson on the football field. I worry about his strong faith. I think it's wonderful as I'm a christian but the NFL
will frown on it just like the NBA and other sports leagues. Track doesn't do that. I believe he belongs as a sprinter. With his faith and his
talent there is no telling how many kids around the world he might bring to know God.

Think of what the NFL did to Tim Tebow. It wasn't because he wasn't talented.

Then what the NBA did to Jimmer Fredette. Both of them had tremendous faith which the leagues hate. I wish they didn't hate it but
that's the evil world we live in. My point is Gatlin Bair could be more vocal about his faith as a sprinter and his talent is incredible. I will
still root for him on the football field but I would much rather see him become the next Matthew Boling.

freedom1

Mentor
Great video (if you mute the sound :). It reminded me of watching those old vids of Lance Alworth when he was young and in the AFL. White kids having more in their lives than just sports has been a factor in lower white representation in football, track and other sports. This is just another example.