High School track meets

jwhite96

Guru
Aaron Scott from Denton Ryan HS Denton Texas

100m Zoom Classic 5.22.2010Aaron ran a 10.31 FAT time at the USATF Zoom Classic at UT Arlington. New Record

Here is the link . It has to be pasted in the address box.
www.aaronchristopherscott.com/Pictures---Videos.htmlEdited by: jwhite96

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
jacknyc said:
jacknyc said:
Jenna Prandini won her heat at the Cal. HS championships in a wind legal time of 11.34!
Guys- for a HS girl, that is flying! and she's only a junior!!!

Well it turns out that Jenna's 11.34 may be the fastest 100m ever run by a white American woman!!!
There are no official records on this, but according to some this may be it.

Jenna has been hampered for a lot of this season with a hamstring injury.
But today she was the leading qualifier 100m at the California State HS meet with a time of 11.60.
The next fastest qualifier had a time of 11.79.
So she will be the favorite in the finals.
I wonder how long it has been since California had a white girl win the state 100m championships.

Also Jonathan Cabral was the leading qualifier in the 110m hurdles with a time of 13.58.
The next fastest qualifier had a time of 14.09.
Again a strong favorite in the finals.

white is right

Hall of Famer
FastEuro said:
I believe he is mixed race
He could be mixed race but if he is he is part Native American. He doesn't look like a Mulatto to me. Edited by: white is right

trackster

Mentor
The BIG high school news this morning is that some kid named Austin Mudd (with a name like that, he can't go wrong)--heretofore completely unknown on the national scene--put on a mid-distance display like the world has rarely seen. Going into the mile, he knew he had to save energy for two races following shortly thereafter. It didn't matter. He SMOKED a 4:03 mile, which I believe is the fastest in the country this year. But he wasn't done. Somehow, he pulled himself out again and ran the 800 in, get this, 1:49! I also think that might be the leading time in the country so far (we'll need to check). Imagine running two nation-leading times in the space of an hour--and not in short sprints! And, oh yeah, just to show he still had more in the tank, he ran a leg on the winning 4 by 400 relay. Amazing--this kid came out of nowhere. I assume he just earned himself a major scholarship.

trackster

Mentor
Back to Austin Mudd. It is now confirmed that he ran the #1 times in the country in both the mile and the 800 in the space of an hour. And that 400 relay leg? 47.48, which would nearly be fast enough to get him a scholarship as a 400 runner. Mother of God. I've never heard of a night like that.

US#1 4:03.00 / #1 1:49.25 double for Center Grove sr Austin Mudd, breaking 2 state meet records,plus 47.48 400 leg on winning 4x400.

albinosprint

Mentor
trackster said:
The BIG high school news this morning is that some kid named Austin Mudd (with a name like that, he can't go wrong)--heretofore completely unknown on the national scene--put on a mid-distance display like the world has rarely seen.   Going into the mile, he knew he had to save energy for two races following shortly thereafter.  It didn't matter.  He SMOKED a 4:03 mile, which I believe is the fastest in the country this year.  But he wasn't done.  Somehow, he pulled himself out again and ran the 800 in, get this, 1:49!  I also think that might be the leading time in the country so far (we'll need to check).   Imagine running two nation-leading times in the space of an hour--and not in short sprints!  And, oh yeah, just to show he still had more in the tank, he ran a leg on the winning 4 by 400 relay.Amazing--this kid came out of nowhere.  I assume he just earned himself a major scholarship.

absolutely amazing!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
More white speedsters from the Indiana State meet

Chris Giesting won the 400m in a time of 47.66, which is the 16th fastest time in the country.
Shane Mikesky won the 110m hurdles in a time of 13.86, which is the 12th fastest in the country.
Nathan Mueller won the 300m hurdles in 38.24

So ALL the sprint events at the Indiana state meet were won by white guys!!!
Congratulations Indiana!!!Edited by: jacknyc

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Hoosier State is a breath of fresh air. I have always hoped that whites in general would fall in love with the sport of athletics from a young age. We need higher particapation rates. Great results. Thanks for keeping us up to date guys.

mattharper

Guru
Just so some people know that Nick Stoner is going to Indiana U. as a cornerback and Shane Mikesky is going to Purdue as a wide receiver.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
mattharper said:
Just so some people know that Nick Stoner is going to Indiana U. as a cornerback and Shane Mikesky is going to Purdue as a wide receiver.

It looks like Stoner has already been moved to safety. Here is part of his evaluation.
smiley7.gif

<H5>Evaluation</H5>

Stoner is solid cornerback prospect on film but feel this taller athlete projects best as a college safety. Tall with very good length for a defensive back prospect but is lean and lacks great upper-body strength needed to provide stout run support as a college safety.

mattharper

Guru
Thanks whiteathlete33. I dont want to post in the wrong forum but Ive heard Indianas coach saying Stoner is going to stay as a corner and only be switched if he grows into his frame. Its funny how Indianas other 2 white corners have vanished. Greg Heban got moved to safety and Matt Ernest isint even on the roster anymore. Weird.

Thousand Okie

I may have missed it but has anyone mentioned that Dallas Burroughs of Rocky Mountain, Idaho, was Idaho's 5A state champion in the 100 and 200 in wind-legal times of 10.34 and 21.06, which ranks him #6 nationally in the 100 and #10 in the 200. These are spectacular times anywhere in the nation but especially in Idaho, which has had a cold spring. I can't imagine what times he'd be running in a warmer clime. Other than Joe Fisher of Kansas, are there any other white high school sprinters who can run with Burroughs? Burroughs is a wide receiver in football. Despite his blazing speed, great hands, and many breakaway TDs, he had exactly one football offer--from Boise State.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Jenna Prandini pulled off a gold medal triple at the California State Meet.
She won the 100m, 200m, and Long Jump.
A Superstar performance!!!!
She will attend Oregon next year.

Jonathan Cabral was a double gold medal winner - 110m and 300m hurdles.
Another superstar performance!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Joe Fisher ran 10.44 (2.4w) at the Great Southwest Classic today for 3rd place.

btw, Dallas Burroughs' performance was mentioned in another thread titled 'Dallas Burroughs'.
He was mentioned in this thread for his performance last year as a junior.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Amy Weissenbach broke the Calif. state record and the national HS-only record in the 800m with a time of 2.02:04 seconds.
It is faster than any collegiate woman has run this year.
And by the way, she is a 16yr old junior!
She also ran anchor on her team's 4 x 400m with a time of 52.9.
Some amazing HSers out there!

trackster

Mentor
Jantzen Oshier 4:00 in the mile!!

Incredible, but our high school thread is the most exciting on the board.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I was looking in the paper today and things aren't so good for high school track in New Jersey. Almost every single 100m and 200m race was won by blacks. There is a talented local kid, Kevin Condal, but his pb in the 100m is only a 11.14. He did run a 48.56 in the 400m in the state finals.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Thousand Okie said:
I may have missed it but has anyone mentioned that Dallas Burroughs of Rocky Mountain, Idaho, was Idaho's 5A state champion in the 100 and 200 in wind-legal times of 10.34 and 21.06, which ranks him #6 nationally in the 100 and #10 in the 200. These are spectacular times anywhere in the nation but especially in Idaho, which has had a cold spring. I can't imagine what times he'd be running in a warmer clime. Other than Joe Fisher of Kansas, are there any other white high school sprinters who can run with Burroughs? Burroughs is a wide receiver in football. Despite his blazing speed, great hands, and many breakaway TDs, he had exactly one football offer--from Boise State.

Dallas Burroughs' time of 10.34 in the 100-meters is actually the fastest wind-legal time in the nation this year according to athletic.net's rankings.

coming inright behindBurroughs with a time of 10.35 in the 100, Joe Fisher is tied for the second-fastest wind-legal time in the USA. that is awesome news!
smiley32.gif

if i'm not mistaken, John Patrone's 10.58 is the fastest 100-meters in the state of Tennessee this year.

earlier (possibly in another thread), i had mentioned that just 5 runners in the state of Arkansas dipped under 11 seconds in the 100 this year. i was mistaken, as 10 runners ran sub-11. there were four 10.8s andthree10.9s. (most of which i missed). i was correct, though, in that the fastest time of the year was only a 10.71. that being said, sophomore Ethan Bly of Heber Springs looked to be the top White sprinter this year, narrowly missing a sub-11 100 (11.01) while also finishing in the top-10 in the state in the 200 (22.27) and the 400 (a non-spectacular 50.10). like i said, it was a slow year in Arkansas sprinting.

one name i didn't mention was Chance Tanner of Waldron High School. he posted the state's second-fastest 200-meters (21.66, a mere .01 off the top mark) and the third-fastest 400 (48.63). unfortunately, Chance was a senior, and i don't know if he'll be running in college.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for all of the great updates gentlemen. Where else on the planet can you go to one site and get info on anything from high school kids to track athletes around the world? It really puts a smile on my face to see how Castefootball has grown and especially the track message board. You guys rock!
smiley20.gif
Edited by: white lightning

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
jacknyc said:
Jenna Prandini pulled off a gold medal triple at the California State Meet.
She won the 100m, 200m, and Long Jump.
A Superstar performance!!!!
She will attend Oregon next year.

Jonathan Cabral was a double gold medal winner - 110m and 300m hurdles.
Another superstar performance!

Interview with Jenna, and some quick video clips from her races at the Calif. State meet:
http://rise.espn.go.com/track-and-xc/california/2011-track/Road-To-State/CIF-State-Videos/CIF-State-Girls.aspx

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a classy young lady. Excellent pick for her college choice. They love their track and field up there in Oregon. She should do quite well. She looks a little like Hanah Cunliffe and boy can Jenna Prandini run. Congrats on her triple gold medals.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Nice to see this result. There is no denying her talent, winning California is the equivalent of being Canadian champion. Too many people to pooh pooh her results.
smiley32.gif
Edited by: white is right