Hatton vs. Pacman

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hatton Ko'd in the second.
smiley5.gif

Maple Leaf

Mentor
How does he lose to a little guy like that? He's wasted, used up, and making the weight kills him. He can't fight welter either because he's too small. So he's done.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, I turned on the stream only to see Hatton unconscious on the mat.
smiley11.gif

j41181

Master
Gentlemen,

My biggest condolence to Ricky Hatton, but Manny Pacquiao is just a force of nature. Pretty Boy Mayweather will not stand a chance against the Pacman.

That was one of the greatest KO's I have ever seen in all of boxing. Congratulations to the Pacman!!!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Bring on, Mayweather!!!!
smiley4.gif

Maple Leaf

Mentor
He was weak, really weak, and those fast counters killed him. It wasn't power, just fast counters to a burned out and boiled dry fighter.

ironfist

Guru
Hatton sucks. It might make you all feel better that many Hatton fans are also wigger Haye fans. Haye will go down just as fast. England is dead!
smiley36.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Wow, I am amazed at how quick Pacquiao's hands are, shows why he beat bigger De La Hoya. This guy has now proven he is the top P4P fighter with Calzaghe retired. Pacquiao looked even significantly better than Mayweather against Hatton.

In the Mayweather fight (although PBF would have likely won anyway) the ref wouldn't let Hatton clinch up. This fight Manny just was too quick when Ricky left his head unguarded on his punch follow through. Whites are dominating the heavier classes, but we can't win them all...oh well.

Pacquiao seems to be quite classy- so congrats to him.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
j41181 said:
Gentlemen,

My biggest condolence to Ricky Hatton, but Manny Pacquiao is just a force of nature. Pretty Boy Mayweather will not stand a chance against the Pacman.

That was one of the greatest KO's I have ever seen in all of boxing. Congratulations to the Pacman!!!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Bring on, Mayweather!!!!
smiley4.gif

I wouldn't count Mayweather out so fast. He has the best defense at 140 and he doesn't throw himself into his opponents gloves like Hatton just did.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Mayweather will duck pacman. God save the queen, and Ricky's chin is gone.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Poor Ricky. Sad to hear
smiley19.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Maple Leaf said:
How does he lose to a little guy like that? He's wasted, used up, and making the weight kills him. He can't fight welter either because he's too small. So he's done.
I saw that yesterday he looked wasted. He probably would still have lost but he would have gone rounds. Also the slowness of his counters is sign of being weight drained too. I hope he decides to call it day. Or decides to have a farewell bout. Hatton really has nowhere to go as he isn't nearly as physical at 147.

Whitelion

why do people (English) seem to like Hatton more than they like Calzaghe? Calzaghe is one of the best of all time and I have a hard time rating boxers ahead of him. No offense to Hatton but I never thought he was that great of a boxer. He is very good but not elite. So why does Hatton seem to draw more fans than Calzaghe?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I want to see Mayweather vs. Pacman. I think Pacman will beat PBF- Pacman looked amazing. He quickly took advantage of Hatton leaving himself open on his punch follow through-too bad for Hatton.
smiley18.gif

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Manny Pacquiao is a great fighter and deserves the accolades he's been getting of late.

Perhaps the DWFs who attack Caste Football should draw a lesson from this thread. Even though we are here to cheer on white athletes, we give credit when it is due to non-whites in cases like this, and withhold it from frauds like Nikolai Valuev when he beat Evander "Evan Fields" Holyfield a few months back.

It would be nice, though, if the MSM gave our many great white champs at least a bit of positive promotion, but I guess this is too much to ask.

We still hold most of the belts at the weights we are interested in. Our guys can't win each and every time, you know.
smiley2.gif

Maple Leaf

Mentor
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I want to see Mayweather vs. Pacman. I think Pacman will beat PBF- Pacman looked amazing. He quickly took advantage of Hatton leaving himself open on his punch follow through-too bad for Hatton.
smiley18.gif

Would like to see that fight too. But after seeing this, I'll bet some how, some way, or another, Mayweather will get to fight Manny at 147 instead of 140 which is what Hatton's people -if they had had any brains- would have done. At 147, Mayweather will have more energy and Pacquiao will be slower which will advantage Mayweather.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Dumb game plan, Ricky should have bidded his time and applied the pressure after round 6. I guess he thought he could blow out a former 18 year old 109 pounder. Oh, well I guess that 10 million dollars will sooth his bone head strategy.

I give full credit to Pacman, for capitalizing on percision and devastating counter punching.

Blue Devils

Mentor
I knew the early rounds were dangerous for Hatton but I never expected a second round kayo defeat
smiley11.gif

Mayweather has to fight the Pacman later this year. Pacquiao crapped all over Mayweather's two biggest victories.

Next up for the Hitman is rest then hopefully a fight with Junior Witter in the UK.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Whitelion said:
why do people (English) seem to like Hatton more than they like Calzaghe? Calzaghe is one of the best of all time and I have a hard time rating boxers ahead of him. No offense to Hatton but I never thought he was that great of a boxer. He is very good but not elite. So why does Hatton seem to draw more fans than Calzaghe?

I agree- I'm no boxing genius, but from what I know- Calzaghe makes adjustments better than almost any fighter ever and is a much better P4P fighter than Hatton at a higher weight class to boot. To beat Hopkins on points when Hopkins was still in such great shape at his age was an amazing achievement. Hopkins was not washed up! Calzaghe just outworked him with his quickness. Plus Calzaghe is a Celt-he's 1/2 Welsh!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Freddie Roach, despite his disability, is the best trainer in the business. His strategy of having Pacquiao throw the right hooks, when Ricky was expecting Manny's hard lefts, worked perfectly.
smiley32.gif

Manny Pacquiao is clearly the #1 pound for pound fighter in the world. Edited by: JD1986

irokez

this is the first time i've seen pacquiao fight. He's amazing just has it all. Hatton is a one dimensional fighter with little technique. He really got exposed tonight. Credit to Freddie Roach he's a great trainer

Westside

Hall of Famer
If I am Ricky, retire and save your brain for ur familya and yourself.