Hatton vs. Pacman

j41181

Master
This fight is now just around the corner. The Hitman had better take Pacman very seriously, after the Pacman just destroyed poor Oscar. Hatton may have the size and strength, but Pacman has the speed and cunning boxing skills, to go with power.

I know might be totally wrong here but, whites appear not to have a good record against Filipino fighters (Darchinyan's stunning loss to Donaire for instance). This will be Pacman first fight with a white boxer (Hussein is not white to me), I sure hope Hatton can pull an upset. Becuase Filipino boxers these days have become really good.

A rematch between Darchinyan and Donaire will not be a good one for good ol' Vic.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I am certainly rooting for Hatton but I expect Pacman to win this fight especially if it goes to the judges. Should be a war and a very entertaining fight to watch between two warriors.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
This fight is now just around the corner. The Hitman had better take Pacman very seriously, after the Pacman just destroyed poor Oscar. Hatton may have the size and strength, but Pacman has the speed and cunning boxing skills, to go with power.

Hatton isn't really bigger than Pacquiao.

tale of the tape

But if Hatton wins, you can count on Rosenthal, Raskin, Kellerman and all the other haters repeatedly saying he only won because of some (non-existant) size advantage.

But don't believe everything you read on The Ring website!

boxingscene thread

Hatton

Pacquiao

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
I hope there is a live feed on the internet. I think Ricky will win this one. Pacman may be faster, but Hatton has the power advantage. Look for this fight to go into the later rounds with Ricky slowing Pac down and ultimately stopping him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hatton needs to win this fight bad. It will forever emprace his name in boxing history. He would have very little else to prove. I'm hoping for a big win and for him to be declared the best pound for pound fighter in the world. Then I would also like to see him fight for another couple of years so that we can all enjoy his fame and fortune. The whole world might soon be singing, Here's to you Ricky Hatton, walking in a Hatton Wonderland.

StarWars

Mentor
white lightning said:
The whole world might soon be singing, Here's to you Ricky Hatton, walking in a Hatton Wonderland.

Haha you get really cheesy about athletes you like a lot.

The Hock

Master
Pacman has the better legs for getting the angles so Ricky must keep Pacman in front of him to do well. If he doesn't...

Ricky is somewhat underrated (he's white what's new?) and Pacman is a little overrated. I hope Ricky can get the job done.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just finished watching the 3rd episode of 24/7. I am getting a good feeling for Hatton winning.

1st, Ricky needs to look at Pacman's rib cage as an all you can eat ribs nights(buffet). He needs to go there often. He needs to pound those ribs for two minutes of each round, say the 1st round to 4th or 5th round. Then start banging Pacman's head in the 6th. If Hatton has conditioned properly (see Frochy) he should have no problem KO'ing Pacman say the 10th or 11th round.

I hope Hatton has learned something from Mayweather Sr., the eternal narcassist. If Hatton wins, then Mayweather deserves every dollar he is going to get from Hatton.

I have butterflies already! This fight is going to huge. Both are consumate sportsmen, and both come to bang. When is Saturday going to get here!

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Mayweather Sr. is smoke and mirrors, mostly smoke. However, he may have added a spark to Hatton's routine and something to keep him motivated. I agree with the body by Ricky assault for the first 5-6 rounds, then going to the head late. It will also depend on the ref,if he allows Ricky to ruff Pac up or not.

j41181

Master
Gentlemen,

We have here a classic clash between East and West, White vs. Asian, English vs. Filipino. The odds are 2-1 against Hatton, he will need a Hail Mary punch to win the fight. Both fighters gained international fame by defeating known legends:

Pacman by destroying Barrera in 2003.
Hatton by destroying Tszyu in 2005.

Now the stakes are up, two proud boxing nations finally clash head-on in a never before seen fight. A win by Pacman will grant him everlasting fame, a sure fire vote to congress (the guy appears to be in politics too). A loss will be a slight tarnish to his fame.

A win by Hatton will grant him new found respect from many, if not most in the boxing world. A loss will be devastating, it might mean the end of him. So there is very little room for error on Hatton's part. I wish more luck to Hatton because he's the underdog, and I always root for the underdog (who are often white)!

Judging from what both fighters have done over the years, I consider Pacman the more accomplished. He's been in the limelight 2 years longer than Hatton. Even though Hatton has his great share of moments too, Pacman has faced far more greater challenges and tougher opponents. So Pacman has the not so surprising edge here, Hatton will need to come up with some not so surprising tricks to pull a much needed win for his on-a-crossroad boxing career.

But overall, may the best fighter win!Edited by: j41181

guest301

Hall of Famer
StarWars said:
white lightning said:
The whole world might soon be singing, Here's to you Ricky Hatton, walking in a Hatton Wonderland.

Haha you get really cheesy about athletes you like a lot.

funny stuff, both of you guys. Thanks for the laugh
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

NorCal831

im pulling for hatton in this one. i like manny though, seems like a down to earth humble guy that hasnt forgotton where he came from (like hatton) and wont be too mad if he wins. id rather see the winner fight maywheather jr. though.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Guys Hatton looked extremely dry and emaciated looking on Fightnews. Generally that's a bad sign. I hope its just side profile that isn't flattering. As I want this to be a classic fight. Not a replay of Pac vs Hoya....

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
Guys Hatton looked extremely dry and emaciated looking on Fightnews. Generally that's a bad sign. I hope its just side profile that isn't flattering. As I want this to be a classic fight. Not a replay of Pac vs Hoya....

Yes, he did look weight-drained. His gaining and losing weight between fights is bound to catch up with him sooner or later.

But I'm still hoping he rehydrates well and will be okay by fight time.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I think you guys are making too much about his looks. Sh/t I think he looks ripped and its no secret that Ricky is lilly white, so he is naturally going to look pale. That being said, Ricky said he came into training camp around 150+. I the past Ricky would waddle into camp around 170+! He knows what is on the line here and has properly trained for it. I believe him.

Lets see, I called last weeks fight, with Frock winning, in spite of the naysayers. This week I will go 2 for 2. Ricky will get a TKO in the 9th or 10th with vicious body shots. Pacman will not know what hit him to the body. Don't forget one of Pacman's KO loses was at 108 lbs with a body shot. Remember Luis Castillo getting hit by a Hatton body, game over!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Tommorow night at the Taverns. Good music, spirit, ladies, and watching the Pride of England(in the ring)beat the 2-1 odds and win. He is a tough old english man that will not back down from anyone ever! You think he is tough now, you should see him when he's drinking mate.
smiley36.gif
I respect Manny but tommorow night he will be sitting on his fanny!

Walking around, all over town, in a Hatton Wonderland!
smiley32.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
breaking news...that caste assclown Teddy Atlas is actually predicting Ricky Hatton will win this fight tonight. I caught the last half of him on ESPN this morning and he seemed to predict that Hatton will win a close one because of Hatton's emotion going into the fight. I think he was basically saying that in a close fight you look at intangibles and he seemed to think that edge belonged to Hatton. I hope that prediction is not the kiss of death for Ricky because Atlas has been very wrong on his predictions lately in big fights.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
breaking news...that caste assclown Teddy Atlas is actually predicting Ricky Hatton will win this fight tonight. I caught the last half of him on ESPN this morning and he seemed to predict that Hatton will win a close one because of Hatton's emotion going into the fight. I think he was basically saying that in a close fight you look at intangibles and he seemed to think that edge belonged to Hatton. I hope that prediction is not the kiss of death for Ricky because Atlas has been very wrong on his predictions lately in big fights.

Atlas picking Hatton on win! What is this world coming to? I am also picking Hatton to win. I think he is too strong for Pacman.

The Hock

Master
Forget about Hatton and Pacquiao. This fight is a showcase for Floyd Mayweather Sr, the greatest trainer of all time. Just ask him. He can't ever show up anywhere on time, but he makes up for it by being the greatest. Ever. Just ask him. Even if you don't ask him, he'll tell you anyway. Whenever he shows up. He'll be here any minute now.

white is right

Hall of Famer
My dream scenario is a tough fight down to the last round and a brawl from the corners similar to Rocky IV. The only difference is Floyd Sr gets a stool in the teeth and loses some gold plated teeth....
smiley2.gif

NorCal831

floyd sr. is pretty funny though. anybody catch him on 24/7? i cant help but laugh when he starts rapping and stuff. im curious to see how hatton looks this fight now that he has trained with floyd sr. for a good amount of time. i wonder if there will be any noticible differences. i think the change in trainers will be a good thing for hatton. not that there was anything wrong with his old trainer graham, and also not really saying floyd sr. is the greatest, but sometimes things just run their course. like in any sport no matter how great the coach or trainer sometimes a change is just needed.

Westside

Hall of Famer
If Ricky wins this fight in spectacular fashin, the 2 million dollars that Floyd Joy Mayweather gets is well deserved.

Secondly, Floyd is funny and his poems are quite good. This man has man his mark latter in life. I remember years ago win he fought a prime Sugar Ray Leanord. He was giving Ray fits, however, Floyd did posses the power to cause fear in welterweight. I believe Ray won that fight on a TKO.