Green Bay Packers General Thread

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I mean he was the best overall RB in 22, he's in his prime age, no major significant or lingering injuries and they only guaranteed him for one season. That's a steal for GB as they paid him less than Jones was due for last year but Jacobs is 3 years younger and has less injury history, actually led the league in rushing yards and has the ability to move the pile unlike Jones weak and brittle ass.

Packers are notorious for finding diamonds in the rough. They especially love to do this in the draft. If a guy has a final season that is terrible and he drops to the later rounds or just drops in general then GB is going to grab him because that player had one elite year. They did this with Love QB (late first round), Rasheed starting LT(late in the 7th round) and now Kalen King and Pratt( both seventh rounders this season). GB is just smarter than the rest of the NFL.
Hey, I can see you are a big Packers fan and that’s fine. I don’t have a favorite team anymore but I’ve always respected the Packers and how they do things. When I was a kid growing up in NY, I proudly wore a Farve jersey for years. Visiting Lambeau Field was also a fond memory from my youth.

However, I do have to push back on the idea that GB is smarter than the rest of the league. I’ll agree that they are smarter than 90% of the league that follows the same formula of chasing over hyped black players from the SEC or other big programs with little to show year after year. But for all their success at finding elite QBs and diamonds in the rough, they only have 2 titles in the past 30 years to show for it. New England with their 6 titles, and ability to really find overlooked players, made the Packers look amateur in comparison. And now the Chiefs have won 3 of the last 5 titles. Again, I wonder how they are they able to do this against the superior intellect of the Packer organization? The Chiefs will be chasing another title while the Packers will be happy to make the playoffs this year. They are not on the same level.

Logos5

Guru
Hey, I can see you are a big Packers fan and that’s fine. I don’t have a favorite team anymore but I’ve always respected the Packers and how they do things. When I was a kid growing up in NY, I proudly wore a Farve jersey for years. Visiting Lambeau Field was also a fond memory from my youth.

However, I do have to push back on the idea that GB is smarter than the rest of the league. I’ll agree that they are smarter than 90% of the league that follows the same formula of chasing over hyped black players from the SEC or other big programs with little to show year after year. But for all their success at finding elite QBs and diamonds in the rough, they only have 2 titles in the past 30 years to show for it. New England with their 6 titles, and ability to really find overlooked players, made the Packers look amateur in comparison. And now the Chiefs have won 3 of the last 5 titles. Again, I wonder how they are they able to do this against the superior intellect of the Packer organization? The Chiefs will be chasing another title while the Packers will be happy to make the playoffs this year. They are not on the same level.
This is a good response, but I don't think there's any point responding since he got banned

wile

Master
I'm one of the world's premier sh*t talkers and I will admit a Bears fan shut me down one time so hard my grand children will flinch. As he said to me GB with two HoF QBs only managed two SB victories. That hurt. Love did surprise me to the upside last year, but GB is a copy cat caste clown show from here on out.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
This is a good response, but I don't think there's any point responding since he got banned
Well not banned, just suspended for a few months. I see Don's point in the suspension that he detailed in the Max McClung thread.

That said, the Packers look to be a solid team this year. I'm not keen on their racial makeup and not a big Jordan Love fan, but they'll be in the hunt. But hey, I'm not here to fanboy the Cheeseheads, I'll let wile do that ;)

wile

Master
"Fanboy" you would have to go back to the 80s and 90s for that. After those time periods the Caste System became so obvious I could no longer say I was a fanboy, plus age having something to do with that. I'm a FIB born and bred but both sides of family were WI born and bred and IMO WI is or was a very very special place, it was Northern USA distilled to some of its best "essence" so to say. So GB football was part of that before the homogeneity process turned FUSA into a rap concert of idiocy.

Edit; add the 70s to that since the first season of Packer fanboy started in 72 but maybe 71 when I remember listening to WTMJ when the odious Steelers with some chump QB named Bradshaw defeated the Packers.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
"Fanboy" you would have to go back to the 80s and 90s for that. After those time periods the Caste System became so obvious I could no longer say I was a fanboy, plus age having something to do with that. I'm a FIB born and bred but both sides of family were WI born and bred and IMO WI is or was a very very special place, it was Northern USA distilled to some of its best "essence" so to say. So GB football was part of that before the homogeneity process turned FUSA into a rap concert of idiocy.

Edit; add the 70s to that since the first season of Packer fanboy started in 72 but maybe 71 when I remember listening to WTMJ when the odious Steelers with some chump QB named Bradshaw defeated the Packers.
Just funnin' with you. But your commentary regarding the Pack is always spot-on.

SneakyQuick

Mentor

What is a FIB born and bred? Just curious I got lost in the acronyms

wile

Master
FIB yeah the worst of the worst were the Chicago a-holes. I grew up 55 miles from Chicago, lived half my life 35 miles away and visited the fine city a whopping 3 dozen times or less. The museums are nice though or were. Anyway it was besides 1985 being the low point a good place to be a Packers fan.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Blackers doing blacker thangs. Sad fall from grace.

This must be another 4D Chess move by GB!

Last edited: