Good Music Videos

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a memorable one-hit wonder song and video from the early, fun days of MTV, pure '80s.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Here's a memorable one-hit wonder song and video from the early, fun days of MTV, pure '80s.

Totally fun song. I never grew tired of it or the video through the years.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Good stuff. I know J. Geils and Dire Straits are 70s/80s bands but even as a kid in the 90s rock music was every where. I think in the Great Replacement we don't acknowledge how Rock music which was certainly a White innovation of the 2nd half of the 20th century has been pretty much eradicated from the mainstream. It's also interesting to note who controls record labels and has manipulated another aspect of the entertainment industry.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Good stuff. I know J. Geils and Dire Straits are 70s/80s bands but even as a kid in the 90s rock music was every where. I think in the Great Replacement we don't acknowledge how Rock music which was certainly a White innovation of the 2nd half of the 20th century has been pretty much eradicated from the mainstream. It's also interesting to note who controls record labels and has manipulated another aspect of the entertainment industry.
This post deserves an amen and AMEN! Being a retired semi-pro rock musician I have nothing but disdain for those who control the music industry for all the reasons you mentioned. Spot on.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
This post deserves an amen and AMEN! Being a retired semi-pro rock musician I have nothing but disdain for those who control the music industry for all the reasons you mentioned. Spot on.

Very cool! I'm a huge hard rock fan from the 60s on up. Like I mentioned above I grew up in the 90s so rock music was still everywhere. In the mid-2000s it seems like the industry just shifted completely away from rock music and finding new bands. Most rock stations seemed to take on or adopt a classic rock format including the 90s mainstay bands but never play anything new. Lots of blame was first put on napster and then streaming but regardless of that record companies are still signing artists but are certainly pushing rap as the replacement for Rock. I think it's just another fine example of the masses getting dumbed down. I am not a musician but a band that plays instruments, understands music concepts, writes music and lyrics are much more talented than everything being trotted out today in mainstream music.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A very mellow song from Steve Perry who was the lead singer of Journey for so many years. Just a chill song for those that have loved
and lost girlfriends or wifes.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
CCR with some more swamp music. Keep on Chooglin'

booth

Mentor
Great songs, all of them. I love all types of different music and this is different. It's the beginning of Punk. The group MC5.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This video may have been posted previously somewhere along the way, but I have a feeling no one is gonna check:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite REM song, a talented but quirky group and like all others given lucrative record contracts very liberal:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
NIckelback and the video to the song "Rockstar". Still love it to this day!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
And now...for something completely different (It's there. Just click on the youtube link):

Bucky

Hall of Famer
You can’t pull roots when they run that deep!

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
NIckelback and the video to the song "Rockstar". Still love it to this day!

Something new from them!

3 Doors down is underrated IMO. Fairly new.

Last edited: