Good Music Videos

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here's another memorable one, where Laura Branigan shows off her powerful singing voice:

I've often thought that the 1980's was a really great time in America for Music! So many different types of music that were enjoyable for any age. Also rap hadn't taken over as rock was still king even among the youth.
Solitaire is an all time classic. Call me crazy but I also love all the Rock Love Ballads from the 70s to the 80s. Bands like Journey, Chicago, Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Air Supply and many others. It's timeless and if your with
a girl it's even better as it sets the mood as well as is relaxing too!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is a song by Meatloaf for us single men on this great website. It's an all time classic and the video is almost like a short movie.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
White lightning I like much of what you post but meatloaf?????? Dude come on that song is so cheesy

The man by the killers …

white lightning

Hall of Famer
White lightning I like much of what you post but meatloaf?????? Dude come on that song is so cheesy

The man by the killers …

Not a big Meatloaf Fan but I do like that song. Look at the lady in video. She is so beautiful and the video was well done even if the song is a little too kraft mac & cheese for ya! :)

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Live song by Fleetwood Mac from '97 even for those not really into them. No one can deny their great musicianship. Stevie Nicks was still beautiful but Christeen McVee had blossomed and looked thin and nice even at that age. Great classic tune, which is my favorite of theirs. They are broken up and no more. Oh well...Enjoy it my friends:

booth

Mentor
Hock, don't know if you will like this but it helps me get juiced up and ready to go. The Edgar Winters Group. Frankenstein. The tall guitarist is Dan Hartman who wrote "Living in America" for James Brown and had a couple of hits for himself.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting that Booth. I played drums many, many years ago but never stuck with it as I played sports. Always love a good drum solo. They band is very good and the drummers were epic!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Frankenstein is a rippin' tune. Back when artists actually played instruments. Great work and thanks for posting it!

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Edgar Winters is really a talented musician. His brother, Johnny Winters, is not so bad at the guitar. Actually, he is great. First concert I went to.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Hock, don't know if you will like this but it helps me get juiced up and ready to go. The Edgar Winters Group. Frankenstein. The tall guitarist is Dan Hartman who wrote "Living in America" for James Brown and had a couple of hits for himself.
I remember the Edgar Winter Group. Hartman also wrote and recorded the hit "Free Ride." As a solo artist he hit No. 6 with "I can dream about you."
Sadly, I looked up Hartman's biography and it said he was gay and died of an aids related brain tumor.

booth

Mentor
I remember the Edgar Winter Group. Hartman also wrote and recorded the hit "Free Ride." As a solo artist he hit No. 6 with "I can dream about you."
Sadly, I looked up Hartman's biography and it said he was gay and died of an aids related brain tumor.
I did not know that Carolina Speed. Darn shame he was a very good artist thanks for the information.

The Hock

Master

Yeah I can remember as a kid driving back home from watching the California State Track Championship in Sacramento and almost going off I-5 because I was so into jamming with this song I was bouncing all over the seat. One of my buddies drew my attention to the fact I was drifting onto the shoulder.

Great song.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The original song and video for Photograph was about Marilyn Monroe, the most desired woman by the largest number of men ever. Her name and likeness still are magical and always will be.

Here's that original video (Def Leppard is yet another group that should have retired rather than still making the rounds):

Here's my favorite Def Leppard song (kinky, actually sick lyrics and theme but Def Leppard at their best as far as memorable rock music):

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pantera, as personified by lead singer Phil Anselmo, was about as alpha as they come in the White tribe. Pantera was a semi-underground sensation with a huge following among young White men, those that would naturally be attracted to the alt-right: https://americanfreedomnews.us/an-18-year-old-explains-why-young-white-men-are-becoming-radicalized

Pantera's guitarist was murdered on stage during a concert, I'm sure some know the details far better than me. It seemed to be downhill from there.

Anselmo for a brief period launched into super-strong pro-White messaging during concerts. It really was a pro-White movement aimed toward helping young White men. Like a few others Anselmo survived his open heresy, mostly because Pantera had always been marginalized by the fake news media from the beginning.

Philip Anselmo was fearless, which even back then was an extreme rarity for the same reasons it is now.

Last edited:

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
For Michael Collins, Jeffrey and Me. A song by Jethro Tull about the moon landing.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
This little tike can play! I hope this hasn't been posted before but if it has, it's worth re-visiting!

This post is about the opposite: bad music. Was loading up my car today and there were some guys, I won't say who but you all can guess, sharing their music with the entire neighborhood. It was some guy flapping his gums with each line having "gonna kill some m*****rs" or "look at these n****rs".

You know, there are some people out there with some extremely ugly sounds ricocheting in what's left of their freaking minds. Music is supposed to have some semblance of a melody, be interesting or beautiful to listen to, and maybe even have a point or a lesson learned. This crap is just the very essence of UGLY. I can find good music in rock, jazz, blues, pop, soul, classical, even a few disco and country songs. But man, it is frightening to think that some people are going around with this sounding off in their heads.

I've had to leave a few stores in the past few years because the music was so awful, I couldn't think and it made the store seem ugly. People don't realize how music can enliven or turn off your customers. I think that REALLY applies to restaurants. I don't like to go into one where they are playing fast music like rock. I like rock, but there's a time and a place for it; not while you're trying to relax and eat.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Back in the 1950s, songs were much better than the ugly rap and vulgar hip-hop of today.

Last edited:

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Thanks Charles. Nice tune and pure. Blessed to hear that, mate.