Good Music Videos

booth

Mentor
I thought of this song today when I had to pay $60 for gas, $6for smokes, and $1.50 for a can drink. Then had to give my money to someone who can't speak English and is burning incense.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here's a song called Lake Shore Drive by a band called Aliotta, Haynes and Jeremiah. It's about a road on the east edge of Chicago that runs next to Lake Michigan. The LSD mentioned in the song is an acronym for Lake Shore Drive that is sometimes used by Chicagoans. Skip Haynes, the writer of the song, has explicitly stated that it has nothing to do with the drug LSD.

Anyway, it's a good song.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
I like the song, EP, but I had to scroll off the screen. I don't like sped-up, fast-camera footage. Cool song though!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hottie punk from 40 years ago. What's interesting besides the lovely and faux pissed off English babe Kim Wilde is the two background figures in the video. Writer H Millard (don't know if he's still writing or not) used to often refer to the "Tan Everyman" which was America's demographic future given current trends, which he began writing about in the 1990s.

Notice how the one background figure looks like a young punkish version of a future POTUS:

Last edited:

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
If you've got some chores to do around the house and need some background killer tunes...if you can take your eyes off the girl on the album. Herb Alpert had some beauties on his album covers.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
White men have been kiiling each other for centuries. This must stop.

Here's a good song - No More Brothers Wars. Listen to it and copy it before the internet tyrants delete it.

No More Brothers Wars - YouTube

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Here's a video in honor of Naomi Judd who recently passed away. Video is most appropriate for the times we are living in. Naomi's daughter, Winona is doing most of the singing and Naomi is making an almost cameo type of appearance. She looks really good in this video. and Winona is a fantastic singer.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Shocking Blue from 1970. I like the vibe of this tune. Mariska Veres was the singer. In real life she couldn't really speak English and just learned the words in order to sing the songs they did. I liked her. She's passed since 2006.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wow I like his band the Shocking Blue. Never heard them before. She is so pretty and a very good singer. May she rest in peace. Music is so amazing. I really enjoyed this.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here's one of Shocking Blue's hits - Venus.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
After listening to a live version of Venus I realized that the bass part sounds a lot like The Theme From Peter Gunn. Based on the live video I'd say Shocking Blue was a pretty good live band.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I think I'll add Mariska Veres to my thread about The Most Beautiful Women of All Time. Here she is with Shocking Blue singing the song Send Me a Postcard.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Yep, they were pretty tight live. Good raw performance.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Great lyrics in that tune, WL! Sweet scenes of kids and God delights in that. Thanks for posting it bro!
Christ is King and on the throne. People "just need to come along quietly". LOL!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great lyrics in that tune, WL! Sweet scenes of kids and God delights in that. Thanks for posting it bro!
Christ is King and on the throne. People "just need to come along quietly". LOL!

It's not my type of music but I liked the message and the children and all about God and protecting families.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Terri Nunn was the hottie lead singer for Berlin. Interesting name for the band, blonde girl singer. . . hmm. Certainly there would be nothing like that "allowed" now. They had a few hits, this is one of them:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The beautiful Jersey girl Laura Branigan, who sadly died at a young age:

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another memorable one, where Laura Branigan shows off her powerful singing voice: