Good Music Videos

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Great White Men have hearts of a lion. Never have lion-hearted men been needed more than right now!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is one of my favorite songs by John Cougar Mellencamp. "Jack and Diane" This song just never gets old!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
@Bucky i’ve never heard of Bryan Martin before, but i enjoyed the above songs, especially “Everyone's an Outlaw.” he’s a clever lyricist and has an interesting sound. the “Wolves Cry” song falls short of being an anthem, but it doesn’t miss the mark by much. in fact, those two songs may get added to the old playlist. thanks for sharing them.

i don’t think it has a legit video, but here’s a tune we rock out to on the regular:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Glad you fellas enjoyed! Lot of good music being made down in Texas/Oklahoma lately, Red Dirt Music.

That’s a good tune too Jimmy!

Last edited:

SneakyQuick

Mentor
here’s another one WL.

Tyler Childers rocks @SneakyQuick
To me he is the best modern country musician there is at the moment. Of course I don’t know the genre very well so I’m sure there are plenty of others.

I tend to like the bluegrass influenced guys out of Kentucky and Tennessee like Sturgill Simpson, Marcus king, Billy Strings, etc.

Like Bryan a bit diff style but think he is from Oklahoma.

Im from NJ so although I def heard the classics growing up (Willie, Merle, Johnny, Marty Robbins etc) country wasn’t very popular.

Moved to Florida and my kids got me into it. Now it’s just about all I listen to.

The sound of bluegrass def grew out of the British isles so it’s not something that my family can claim as our own but I admit it’s great music.

For anyone who likes Tyler Childers check out red barn radio on YouTube. Some great stuff in there.

SneakyQuick

Mentor

For those of you who like your bluegrass with a tinge of gospel I present the HillBilly Thomists.

A group of Dominican friars in Appalachia who also happen to have great musical chops (as well as a passion for the writings of St Thomas Aquinas).

They have some great harmonies and personally I think this is one of their best.

NikoDuke

Mentor

For those of you who like your bluegrass with a tinge of gospel I present the HillBilly Thomists.

A group of Dominican friars in Appalachia who also happen to have great musical chops (as well as a passion for the writings of St Thomas Aquinas).

They have some great harmonies and personally I think this is one of their best.
Great vid. Thanks for sharing.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I love both rock and country. This is a good older country song that most of you guys here should like!

mqdefault.jpg

Trace Adkins - Chrome​

VEVO

Phall

Master
I saw this tweet today
and was compelled to find the song.

It's very catchy, in fact.

I certainly can't say how popular it actually is with the Russian public, or where it's concentrated. (Currently at 36 million views after a year is a pittance in the youtube era of fake stats)

The lyrics are awesome. I wish it was a song for "USA instead of "Russia," because there is a lot of spirit and positivity that isn't commonplace here these days, even in the most wholesome holdover corners.

I am Russian​

I breath this air
The sun in the sky looks at me
The free wind flies over me
It is just like me

I just want to love and to breathe
I don't need anything more
I am what I am
No one can break me because...

I am Russian, I push to the end
I am Russian, I got my blood from my father
I am Russian, I am lucky
I am Russian and I don't care if you don't like it
I am Russian

This song flies into the sky
And it calls me with it
My heart burns inside of me
Lighting my way home
Where I just want to love and to breathe

I don't need anything more
I am what I am
No one can break me because...

I am Russian, I push to the end
I am Russian, I got my blood from my father
I am Russian, I am lucky
I am Russian and I don't care if you don't like it
I am Russian
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/ya-russkiy-i-am-russian.html-0

If you watch the music video past the end of the song, at the 3:41 mark, there's a cut to "meanwhile, in America..." and there's a Hollywood backdrop. A black couple is jamming to this song on their radio. It made me LOL IRL because that is how "the Russians" think of our country, how messages gain their acceptance and approval through gatekeepers. It must be filtered through (((Hollywood))) and delivered by negroes in a luxury vehicle in the wilderness. Lots of stinging barbs in one simple, 10-second clip!

I have no knowledge about this performer "Shaman" and had never heard of him until yesterday. The song is naked propaganda, and I'm certain its circulation has been positively influenced by the Russian government. Why wouldn't it be, even if it was completely organic?

You probably remember the jingle "proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free..." This is right up that same alley.

It's not nearly even a new concept, making pro-government positions into pop music. Apparently, the Mamas and the Papas were spooks!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I saw this tweet today
and was compelled to find the song.

It's very catchy, in fact.

I certainly can't say how popular it actually is with the Russian public, or where it's concentrated. (Currently at 36 million views after a year is a pittance in the youtube era of fake stats)

The lyrics are awesome. I wish it was a song for "USA instead of "Russia," because there is a lot of spirit and positivity that isn't commonplace here these days, even in the most wholesome holdover corners.

If you watch the music video past the end of the song, at the 3:41 mark, there's a cut to "meanwhile, in America..." and there's a Hollywood backdrop. A black couple is jamming to this song on their radio. It made me LOL IRL because that is how "the Russians" think of our country, how messages gain their acceptance and approval through gatekeepers. It must be filtered through (((Hollywood))) and delivered by negroes in a luxury vehicle in the wilderness. Lots of stinging barbs in one simple, 10-second clip!

I have no knowledge about this performer "Shaman" and had never heard of him until yesterday. The song is naked propaganda, and I'm certain its circulation has been positively influenced by the Russian government. Why wouldn't it be, even if it was completely organic?

You probably remember the jingle "proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free..." This is right up that same alley.

It's not nearly even a new concept, making pro-government positions into pop music. Apparently, the Mamas and the Papas were spooks!
Seems like it’s been a long time since we have had that kind of patriotic outpouring. I suspect there would be more too but after enduring the lies of the last few years a lot of people are more turned off I think.

It may change but in the meantime kudos to Russia. That’s a pretty awesome display.

Much like their subways, they have that leg up on us !

white lightning

Hall of Famer
One of the all-time great rock songs:

Yes sir. This was like my 2nd or 3rd concert I ever went to. I asked out this girl and there was like 6 of us that went to the concert.
So many good memories from the young and crazy days. They sounded just as good live as they did on the stereo. Love this song.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Mickey Thomas the singer on many of the Jefferson Starship records was also the lead singer for Elvin Bishop's hit, "Fooled Around and Felled in Love." A good old Georgia boy.

Here is a live version of "Fooled Around and Fell in Love." I don't know if Mickey Thomas has a better vocal performance, if so I'd like to hear it.