Eric Decker

dwid

Hall of Famer
I don't think the show will affect him negatively. Hell I might even watch an episode. It can't be as bad as the shows TO, Ochocinco or Deion Sanders have had. The ridiculous thing I remember about Sanders show was that he had a cow in his yard, something about helping his tax write offs. The episode I caught of TO was him being a momma's boy and crying ot her saying he was sorry for letting his friend take a bunch of money and waste it. I don't think it was the best decision to do this show but the comments are absurd, calling him a diva, saying that he will be gone after this year.

If anything the presence of Welker will lower his season totals. Its not often that you get 3 1k receivers in a season, although Manning did it with Harrison, Wayne and Stokley one season. Honestly, I think Decker is better than Demaryius Thomas, but since Decker is more well rounded and excels on a variety of routes, so is used on shorter routes more often. Someone will have a dip in stats, so hopefully it will be DT.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I believe I've said this before, but Decker hopefully will become the beneficiary of having Manning as his QB for a few good years and become a great receiver.

Decker with 1 regular season game left, is exactly 50 catches ahead of Jordy Nelson. Decker has 218 career catches. At close to the same time in his career, Nelson had only 168! 168 catches at the end of his 4th season.

Decker, 3,043 yards rec., Nelson, 2,531.

Decker, 32 TD's, Nelson, 21 TD's.

I hate it for Nelson, because he hasn't gotten his shares of catches and he may actually be the better receiver. Hopefully both of them will be in the mix for catches, yards, and TD's before they retire!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I believe I've said this before, but Decker hopefully will become the beneficiary of having Manning as his QB for a few good years and become a great receiver.

Decker with 1 regular season game left, is exactly 50 catches ahead of Jordy Nelson. Decker has 218 career catches. At the same time in his career, Nelson had only 168!

I hate it for Nelson, because he hasn't gotten his shares of catches and he may actually be the better receiver. Hopefully both of them will be in the mix for catches, yards, and TD's before they retire!

Well, Rodgers is almost as good as Manning. He makes everyone the field better.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

Decker with 1 regular season game left, is exactly 50 catches ahead of Jordy Nelson. Decker has 218 career catches. At close to the same time in his career, Nelson had only 168! 168 catches at the end of his 4th season.

.....and just for the heck of it, Jerry rice had 264 catches after his first 4 years. Again, Decker with 218 with 1 game to go.

Also, Decker had only 6 receptions his first year!

During years 2,3, and 4, Rice 215 catches, DECKER through years 2,3,and 4, 212 with 1 game left. Would love to see him get another 10 catches next week!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I hate how White receivers who thrive are always seen merely as "system" players, or do well only because of their quarterback, but I don't have a good feeling about Decker leaving Denver. First of all, the Broncos will be unbearable to watch -- Peyton Manning, Welker and no one else unless they Whiten their roster like they did in 2012 -- and other than New England there's not a single organization that can be trusted to treat Decker fairly, even if they sign him to big bucks.

Free agent Eric Decker indicated that he and the Broncos aren't in the same ballpark money-wise, and he intends to "do what is best for my family." "If we can get on the same page, I will welcome a call from the Broncos, but I need to do what is best for my family," Decker said. "It's not all about the money for me. It's about going to work everyday and having fun and enjoying my job." Money may not ultimately be the deciding factor, but it's going to play a big part. There's been chatter that Decker could command upwards of $10 million annually on the open market. The Broncos aren't going to pay that. Decker is going to be a rich man come mid-March. He'll have a hot market.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I hate how White receivers who thrive are always seen merely as "system" players, or do well only because of their quarterback, but I don't have a good feeling about Decker leaving Denver. First of all, the Broncos will be unbearable to watch -- Peyton Manning, Welker and no one else unless they Whiten their roster like they did in 2012 -- and other than New England there's not a single organization that can be trusted to treat Decker fairly, even if they sign him to big bucks.

Free agent Eric Decker indicated that he and the Broncos aren't in the same ballpark money-wise, and he intends to "do what is best for my family." "If we can get on the same page, I will welcome a call from the Broncos, but I need to do what is best for my family," Decker said. "It's not all about the money for me. It's about going to work everyday and having fun and enjoying my job." Money may not ultimately be the deciding factor, but it's going to play a big part. There's been chatter that Decker could command upwards of $10 million annually on the open market. The Broncos aren't going to pay that. Decker is going to be a rich man come mid-March. He'll have a hot market.

Don,

I’ve heard plenty of talk of the Broncos also cutting Wes Welker due to his cap number ($8 million), age, and his multiple concussions so they can sign more of their free agents...

The list of free agent wide receivers keeps growing, which is good news for the Ravens. The Lions cut Nate Burleson on Thursday. The Seahawks are likely to cut Sidney Rice before free agency begins March 11. The Broncos may even be forced to cut Wes Welker, whose salary number against the cap jumps from $4 million in 2013 to $8 million in 2014.

Link:
http://www.csnbaltimore.com/blog/ravens-talk/ravens-could-dive-deep-wr-pool-free-agency

There are plenty of other articles concerning free agent WR’s that mention this possibility for Welker. It’s just speculation, of course, but not impossible given the unimaginative manner in which Welker was utilized in Denver this season. Of course, if Wes hits the open market, don’t expect New England to ever re-sign the former Patriot MVP, even if Edelman walks for more money.

If Decker and Welker are gone this off-season, Denver would drop to 2 white starters, Manning and Beadles. They’d instantly ascend to the top three of the NFL’s most Casteon franchises (perhaps only the Jets, Seahawks, and 49ers would be worse?). All Denver would be missing is a black QB.

In my opinion, the “best case scenario†for 2014 is that Decker stays in Denver, Welker is cut and signed by New England, Edelman signs with Houston (to be reunited with Bill O’ Brien), and Amendola and Collie are retained in New England. I’ve also heard talk that Riley Cooper will be re-signed in Philly instead of Jeremy Maclin due to his great season and his chemistry/relationship with Nick Foles.

Woody

Guru
IMO, Decker needs to prove to the DWFs that he's not a system WR. Never mind that he was Tebow's favorite weapon in a pass-starved offense and he had decent success when used with Orton. I think a return to Minnesota (where he played in college) would be great. They are VERY white friendly, have a clear need at WR, and have plenty of cap room. If a QB establishes himself there, Decker can be given credit for his success, instead of what is always the reverse. Decker has a chance to be a transcendent talent for us, even more so than Nelson.

A white QB, Decker, Rudolph, Line, 4/5 OL, and Robison, Greenway, Cole, Sandejo, and Smith on Defense. Zimmer is going to be to be great for the Vikings, really looking forward to watching them.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sounds like Decker is going to command more money than Denver will want to throw his way. I am kind of hopeful for this, what if he ends up in New England? Could be the number 1 WR they media is saying they are missing. I hope Welker sticks for another year in Denver. If he does end up leaving I wonder if Manning would tell Elway to drafted Jared Abbrederis.

Worst case scenario would be Decker ending up with a team that has a black quarterback.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
IMO, Decker needs to prove to the DWFs that he's not a system WR. Never mind that he was Tebow's favorite weapon in a pass-starved offense and he had decent success when used with Orton. I think a return to Minnesota (where he played in college) would be great. They are VERY white friendly, have a clear need at WR, and have plenty of cap room. If a QB establishes himself there, Decker can be given credit for his success, instead of what is always the reverse. Decker has a chance to be a transcendent talent for us, even more so than Nelson.

A white QB, Decker, Rudolph, Line, 4/5 OL, and Robison, Greenway, Cole, Sandejo, and Smith on Defense. Zimmer is going to be to be great for the Vikings, really looking forward to watching them.
I was thinking this too. Seems Decker wants the big payday he deserves and Denver is unwilling to meet him there so why not go play "locally"? Minnesota has the cap space. If they were to cut Greg Jennings, which I'm not sure would be possible with guaranteed money and all, they could shed a bloated contract and a player of little value for Decker.

Another team would be Indianapolis. Assuming Reggie Wayne is gone, they would need help behind TY Hilton. A pairing of Decker and Hilton would be monumental and Griff Whalen could more then adequately man the slot. Of course, if I had things my way, the Colts would sign Toby Gerhart too. An offense of Luck, Decker, Gerhart, Whalen and Fleener would be one of the Whitest and most talented assembled in modern times, rivaled only by a few Patriots teams.

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Another team would be Indianapolis. Assuming Reggie Wayne is gone, they would need help behind TY Hilton. A pairing of Decker and Hilton would be monumental and Griff Whalen could more then adequately man the slot. Of course, if I had things my way, the Colts would sign Toby Gerhart too. An offense of Luck, Decker, Gerhart, Whalen and Fleener would be one of the Whitest and most talented assembled in modern times, rivaled only by a few Patriots teams.

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/
Guess I wasn't alone in thinking this.

Vic Lombardi of CBS 4 Denver reports the Colts "have interest" in free agent Eric Decker.

The Colts have a plethora of young wide receiver and tight end talent, but paying big bucks to Decker would be a move typical of increasingly meddlesome owner Jim Irsay, who spent heartily in 2013 free agency before pressuring GM Ryan Grigson into dealing for Trent Richardson. Easily this year's top free agent wideout, Decker is going to be paid like a No. 1A receiver on the open market. He'd be a great match out wide for Andrew Luck, but upgrading Luck's protection would probably be a better approach for the Colts. Irsay prefers splashy moves.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Eric Decker hit piece on BSPN, by black writer no-less:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10544254

sarcasm? the only thing nice is that they compliment Jordy Nelson. The lack of any plays by Decker in the Superbowl is because Manning seemed to lock on to his first read which happened to be Thomas most of the time. He had no time in the pocket and if Thomas wasn't open he happened to dump it off to the safety valve which was the tight ends, backs or Welker. Thomas had 18 targets 13 catches, Welker had 10 targets 8 catches. The backs and tight ends had 16 targets 12 catches. Welker was the only player to have more than 1 catch and average 10+ ypc. and by the way, Richard Sherman didn't only cover Thomas, he covered Decker as well.

Last edited:

dwid

Hall of Famer
The comments contain some of the best caste-speak you will ever read. "Sneaky speed" "Possession receiver" "Didn't face top corners" it's almost all there.
For some reason facebook isn't loading for me for that page. Not surprised about the comments. So all we have for people thinking of as a true number 1 wideout is Jordy Nelson? At least we have a few that people see as outside receivers.

icsept

Master
Eric Decker hit piece on BSPN, by black writer no-less:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10544254

I go to ESPN for the scores and stats, not the articles. One of the commenters posted a link to Chadia's former article about how the Seahawks hiring Pete Carroll was going to be a disaster. He's a ****ing moron. ESPN staff of affirmative action writers need to stick to writing about gays, the N-word, Obama's jump-shot, and Tiger's girlfriends.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jets’ Decker: I’m not a Peyton Manning creation

by Brian Costello

Eric Decker is ready for life after Peyton.

The wide receiver signed with the Jets this week, leaving the Broncos and Peyton Manning behind in Denver. Now with Geno Smith throwing the ball to him, skeptics are wondering if his production will be left in Denver, too.

“Did [Manning] help? Of course he helped,â€￾ Decker said on a conference call with reporters Friday. “He’s a future of Hall of Famer, but I think I’m also a good football player and I think my skill set and my assets will help the team win football games.â€￾

The Jets believe so, too. They signed Decker to a five-year, $36.25 million deal this week to fill their gaping hole at wide receiver.

Decker came to New Jersey on Tuesday night and met with the Jets’ staff on Wednesday at their Florham Park headquarters. He said he had two other visits lined up, but declined to name with which teams. But the Jets’ brass won him over and he agreed to a deal Wednesday night.

“I feel like the New York Jets have given me the most respect,â€￾ Decker said. “[They] have welcomed me into their building and that’s important to me. I want to be an asset to a team and they expressed that with me.

“I think this team has a lot of potential. It’s a young football team and I feel like I’ve always played the underdog role throughout my life, throughout my football career, now, college and high school and I am motivated to help this team win football games. To me that’s the most important thing, joining a culture that wants to do that. I enjoyed my time in Denver, but I am excited about this opportunity of being a teammate for the New York Jets.â€￾

Decker said he was impressed by the area when the Broncos stayed in New Jersey during the week before the Super Bowl. They practiced at the Jets’ building.

“I think New Jersey’s underrated,â€￾ Decker said. “It’s a beautiful place.â€￾

Decker is married to country singer Jessie James and the two have a reality television show on the E! Network, but he said this decision was about football, not marketing.

“Honestly, my priority when I went on the visit was football,â€￾ Decker said. “I wanted to do what’s best for me as a football player, and this organization offered that.â€￾

Some critics have said Decker was exposed in the Super Bowl when he was held to one catch, but Decker said it was just a rough day in general for the Broncos, who were blown out by the Seahawks.

“From a personal standpoint, I wish I would have played a better football game,â€￾ Decker said. “I wish I would have been more productive.â€￾

Decker said the Broncos never made him an offer to return. He was disappointed, but understands the reality of the business.

Decker, who turns 27 on Saturday, said he believes he can bring some of what made the Broncos a record-setting offense to the Jets, who finished 31st in passing offense last season.

“My goal is to take the knowledge and the preparation that I’ve learned these last four years with some great coaches, with a great quarterback and share that with my teammates,â€￾ he said. “I think you win football games between Wednesday and Saturday and the preparation that we did as an offense in Denver can be done in New York.â€￾

http://nypost.com/2014/03/14/jets-decker-im-not-a-peyton-manning-product/

The Hock

Master
Gee, with Decker's size and skills, why would he always be an underdog? Well, whatever the case, and however his Jets stint works out, further down the road a coaching job obviously waits for this outstanding young man.

northwinds

Mentor
The Broncos didn't even make him an offer to return........unbelievable.......good luck finding someone to replace his numbers next year

icsept

Master
After going 85/1,064 13TDs and 87/1,288 11TDs in back to back seasons, Decker deservedly signed a decent free agent deal with the Jets. The entire off season I heard nothing but disrespect, stating Decker is "not a no. 1 receiver, and he "couldn't get open in the Super Bowl." This year, I have repeatedly heard that "Emmanuel Sanders is an upgrade over Decker - he can stretch the field." And, "Geno Smith has no weapons."

After 5 games, the upgrade E. Sanders has 0 TDs and a lower YPC than Decker had last year. In fact, Decker and Sanders are both 27, in their 5th season. Sanders has enjoyed 4 seasons with Big Ben, and now has Peyton.

Decker: 67 games, 242 rec, 3328 yds, 13.8 avg, 36 TDs

Sanders: 61 games, 196 rec, 2503 yds, 12.8 avg, 11 TDs

In what way is the 5'11" 180lb Sanders an upgrade over the 6'3" 217lb Decker? From what I can tell, the only thing Sanders has more of than Decker is melanin.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I was just watching the NFL Network, and both Willie McGinest and Marshall Faulk were whining about how Geno Smith hasn't been given time or the weapons to develop. Faulk contrasted Smith to Andy Dalton, saying Dalton has far better receivers to throw to who were drafted in the first three rounds -- A. J. Green, Sanu, Jones and Gresham. However, Jones has been perpetually injured and only played well for a few games last season, Sanu is an average talent, and Gresham has been a bust at TE. Also, Tyler Eifert (not mentioned by the whiners) has been injured all season. What Dalton did last week to lead his team to 37 points against the Panthers with Green, Jones and Eifert out was outstanding.

Then McGinest and Faulk began complaining about Eric Decker. Faulk claimed he was only the "number three or four receiver" on the Broncos, ignoring the fact that Decker was a top ten receiver for the entire league in both 2012 and 2013. Rich Eisen then unexpectedly but correctly noted that Decker was the number one free agent at his position and that the Jets signed him specifically to help Smith.

McGinest is usually pretty good, but Faulk imo is always all but seething with racial resentment.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
After going 85/1,064 13TDs and 87/1,288 11TDs in back to back seasons, Decker deservedly signed a decent free agent deal with the Jets. The entire off season I heard nothing but disrespect, stating Decker is "not a no. 1 receiver, and he "couldn't get open in the Super Bowl." This year, I have repeatedly heard that "Emmanuel Sanders is an upgrade over Decker - he can stretch the field." And, "Geno Smith has no weapons."

After 5 games, the upgrade E. Sanders has 0 TDs and a lower YPC than Decker had last year. In fact, Decker and Sanders are both 27, in their 5th season. Sanders has enjoyed 4 seasons with Big Ben, and now has Peyton.

Decker: 67 games, 242 rec, 3328 yds, 13.8 avg, 36 TDs

Sanders: 61 games, 196 rec, 2503 yds, 12.8 avg, 11 TDs

In what way is the 5'11" 180lb Sanders an upgrade over the 6'3" 217lb Decker? From what I can tell, the only thing Sanders has more of than Decker is melanin.

Excellent post! This is the kind of information to throw at the DWFs to refute their arguments.

If Sanders is a better deep threat then why is his average lower and why does he have fewer touchdowns?

Decker is clearly a better player than Sanders IMO. There's certainly no way Sanders is an "upgrade."

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Numbers never lie. Deckers been a deep threat since he had tebow throwing him the ball.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
This year, I have repeatedly heard that "Emmanuel Sanders is an upgrade over Decker - he can stretch the field." And, "Geno Smith has no weapons."

Yes I havent watched more than maybe an hour of football this season, but EVERY time I have tuned into the Broncos I hear the commentators say "the Broncos have gotten better at WR".

They are either reading from a script, or totally retarded. I dont think they are idiots, so they must be corrupt, spineless snakes. Just regurgitating the same poison mouth diarrhea they have been ordered to spew by their masters.

But what do I know? Maybe they really are just ALL a bunch of brain dead idiots.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Yes I havent watched more than maybe an hour of football this season, but EVERY time I have tuned into the Broncos I hear the commentators say "the Broncos have gotten better at WR".

They are either reading from a script, or totally retarded. I dont think they are idiots, so they must be corrupt, spineless snakes. Just regurgitating the same poison mouth diarrhea they have been ordered to spew by their masters.

But what do I know? Maybe they really are just ALL a bunch of brain dead idiots.

It's so blatantly anti-white that it's amazing it is not noticed even by people who specialize in not noticing. Consider that the Broncos are worse off this year then next (so far). In my experience every time something like that happens all the chatter from the talking jock heads and fans is criticism aimed at management for letting player "X" go and ruining what a good thing they had going. Never is a worse season justification for the fans/media to brag on how they got better at an important position when things are worse. Basically they just don't like Decker. Why? He was good for years. What else could it be?

The Hock

Master
Yeah some A-hole said during a Jets segment that they are better offensively without Decker. Never mind that he has a borderline retard throwing the ball to him. I'me of the opinion that the QB makes the WR and not the other way around. Sure Decker was better with Manning throwing him the ball. Many here at CF said it was a bad move to go to the Jets because we know what Smith brings to the table. Not much.