Denver Broncos General Thread

NikoDuke

Mentor
I think if Moss is given an opportunity he will capitalize. Takes time on CB but, the kid has all the tools.

And I have to say, Elway is such a disappointment for me. Used to think highly of him as a player..

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Broncos continue to make interesting roster moves to Whiten the team from its dark days. They just signed WR Michael Bandy who has spent the last few seasons with the Chargers. A true slot receiver, I wonder what his chances of making the team are? I don’t think Denver has too much depth behind Sutton or Jeudy. Sean Peyton has a rich history of jerking around White receivers but let’s see if he’s turned over a new leaf in Denver.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Broncos continue to make interesting roster moves to Whiten the team from its dark days. They just signed WR Michael Bandy who has spent the last few seasons with the Chargers. A true slot receiver, I wonder what his chances of making the team are? I don’t think Denver has too much depth behind Sutton or Jeudy. Sean Peyton has a rich history of jerking around White receivers but let’s see if he’s turned over a new leaf in Denver.

Riley Moss along makes the teams worth watching. Now that are they are trending in a slightly better direction, let's hope that Bandy
can make the roster. I get so sick of our guys getting cut or being stuck on the practice squad forever. Good luck to Michael Bandy!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Well Michael Bandy might have moved 2 spots up the depth chart already. As Don mentioned elsewhere, KJ Hamler is out with a heart condition (another clot shot victim?). On the same day Tim Patrick torn his achilles in practice.

Bandy was going to need some luck to considering the way White wideouts are treated, so this increases his chances a great deal.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well Michael Bandy might have moved 2 spots up the depth chart already. As Don mentioned elsewhere, KJ Hamler is out with a heart condition (another clot shot victim?). On the same day Tim Patrick torn his achilles in practice.

Bandy was going to need some luck to considering the way White wideouts are treated, so this increases his chances a great deal.

Even though he is a receiver it reminds me of Peyton Hillis time with the Broncos back in the day. He had to have a alot of running backs
get hurt just to get any chance to play. He lucked out and the rest is history. Let's hope Bandy can make the most of this opportunity!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Cooper Kupp pulled a hamstring the other day and is also expected to be out for several weeks:

Broncos coach Sean Payton said CB Riley Moss underwent core muscle repair surgery and is expected to miss four weeks.
A four-week absence would still have Moss back in time for Week 1, but missing most of a camp as a rookie could hurt his playing time to open the season. Denver traded up with the Seahawks to land Moss in the third round this year. Moss was a lockdown corner for Iowa in his final two seasons and earned an impressive, 9.68 RAS at the NFL Scouting Combine.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cooper Kupp pulled a hamstring the other day and is also expected to be out for several weeks:

Broncos coach Sean Payton said CB Riley Moss underwent core muscle repair surgery and is expected to miss four weeks.
A four-week absence would still have Moss back in time for Week 1, but missing most of a camp as a rookie could hurt his playing time to open the season. Denver traded up with the Seahawks to land Moss in the third round this year. Moss was a lockdown corner for Iowa in his final two seasons and earned an impressive, 9.68 RAS at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Very sad to read about both of these guys. Man this is horrible. God speed on their recovery. Glad your doing so good Don!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Hopefully his recovery goes without issue and he is back out there early in the season.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Russell Wilson was bad last season. If he struggles again Jarrett Stidham is waiting in the wings.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Russell Wilson was bad last season. If he struggles again Jarrett Stidham is waiting in the wings.

I haven't checked the sports books on the over/under of games until Wilson is replaced by Stidham, but I would probably say 3 1/2 would be about right. Russ didn't look any better in the preseason snaps that he took either. Didn't stop BSPN from running segments asking "Is Russell Wilson Back?!!!

jphoss

Mentor
I haven't checked the sports books on the over/under of games until Wilson is replaced by Stidham, but I would probably say 3 1/2 would be about right. Russ didn't look any better in the preseason snaps that he took either. Didn't stop BSPN from running segments asking "Is Russell Wilson Back?!!!
I was always curious how he got so bad so fast then I read how his 2 worst seasons prior to last year coincided with the Seahawks worst rushing teams. He is a deep ball thrower who struggles when the defense can play back and force him to be patient and make consisten accurate mid-range throws. I have no idea how Denver will be running the ball this year but Wilson is done and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s benched before Halloween

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I was always curious how he got so bad so fast then I read how his 2 worst seasons prior to last year coincided with the Seahawks worst rushing teams. He is a deep ball thrower who struggles when the defense can play back and force him to be patient and make consisten accurate mid-range throws. I have no idea how Denver will be running the ball this year but Wilson is done and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s benched before Halloween
The bottom line is that I'm rooting for Stidham. As for Wilson, he has been a good QB in this league, won a lot of games. I think that when all is said and done he'll make the HOF (easier for blacks in general, but he's probably earned it). He was hurt his last year in Seattle and last year had a train wreck coaching staff. Wilson has always been a roll-out-scan-half-of-the-field QB. He is highly effective in this type of offense as it gives him time to look over his 1 or 2 options on whichever side he rolls to. And then if the play broke down his receivers were instructed to take off straight down the field, hence his deep ball reputation.

I think that he's washed up, but we'll see what Sean Payton can do with him. If he is, then it's Stidham time, and we can root for these guys.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The bottom line is that I'm rooting for Stidham. As for Wilson, he has been a good QB in this league, won a lot of games. I think that when all is said and done he'll make the HOF (easier for blacks in general, but he's probably earned it). He was hurt his last year in Seattle and last year had a train wreck coaching staff. Wilson has always been a roll-out-scan-half-of-the-field QB. He is highly effective in this type of offense as it gives him time to look over his 1 or 2 options on whichever side he rolls to. And then if the play broke down his receivers were instructed to take off straight down the field, hence his deep ball reputation.

I think that he's washed up, but we'll see what Sean Payton can do with him. If he is, then it's Stidham time, and we can root for these guys.

I thought Matt Ryan really hit a wall last year but to me Wilson looked just as bad if not worse. He was inaccurate and looked old. I believe it prior to last season he stated he wanted to play well into his forties. Your assessment of what made him successful was spot on. I do think Seattle was smart enough to see his ability slowly eroding over his last few years.

white is right

Hall of Famer
https://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-broncos-cutting-russell-wilson/

The failed Wilson experiment is over in Denver. Depending on what they do at QB they are poised to become one of the more palatable teams in the league.
His signing is in the argument for the worst veteran contract ever. You could argue the Fat Albert Haynesworth contract was worse because Fat Albert didn't even try to be a productive player.

Hopefully this signing is on an NFL top 10 worst contracts ever show. I will say this if Wilson is signed for a million or so he is worth kicking the tires as he is better than a normal million dollar veteran.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
More proof most front offices are as clueless as we think. Guaranteed 39 mil in 2024 and doesn’t even have to work again lol.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
It’s probably considered low risk because he had been a winner and they don’t really care what they spend anyway. It’s not like it’s their money

We know it was a bad decision but we are looking at it a bit differently

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Wilson is gonna take the money and run. What a horrible deal that was for the Broncos! Hope they draft someone like Bo Nix to lead
this team into the future.
Don't forget they still have Jarrett Stidham, who they signed to a decent deal, not starter money because they had Wilson and his ridiculous contract, but solid backup money as Peyton likes him and sees starter potential in him. I'd like to see Stidham get a fair opportunity to see what he can do before they commit to someone else, whether through the draft or the FA route.

Snow Plow

Guru
Broncos let go of Wilson and now Cushenberry. They currently have 11 white starters in addition to Moss, Henningsen, and Sanders rotating in on defense.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Broncos let go of Wilson and now Cushenberry. They currently have 11 white starters in addition to Moss, Henningsen, and Sanders rotating in on defense.

Rooting for the Broncos to trade a late round pick for Zach Wilson or draft JJ McCarthy. Payton for all his warts does have ability with coaching and developing QBs and I would rather a young White QB end up in an advantageous situation than their darker counterparts that seem to enjoy a soft landing at any franchise they end up at.

Logos5

Guru
Is there any hope that the Broncos will choose a white QB with Russell Wilson's release from Bronco's, or would that break the ESG mould that all NFL teams have to fit into or get fined a lot?