Dallas Cowboys General Thread

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Dalton Schultz was supposed to be Blake Jarwin's backup this season but ended up as one of the best tight ends in the league, yet another White star at the position. Jarwin was returning from a torn ACL and finished '21 with just 96 receiving yards but may still bounce back strongly next season as he has lots of "upside." From Weenieworld:

ESPN's Todd Archer said Dalton Schultz could be a candidate for the Cowboys' franchise tag this offseason. Schultz is sure to get plenty of interest in free agency after posting 78 receptions, 808 yards, and nine touchdowns in 2021. Mark Andrews and Travis Kelce were the only tight ends to record more catches this year, and only five tight ends had more receiving yards than Schultz. Archer said Schultz and Randy Gregory are the most likely Cowboys players to be slapped with the franchise tag this offseason. Schultz, Archer said, could fetch as much money as Hunter Henry did last year, when Henry signed with the Patriots for $37.5 million over three years. Blake Jarwin, signed through 2023, would have plenty of fantasy appeal as the Cowboys' TE1 if Schultz finds another home in the coming months.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
If I recall correctly Schultz was drafted as a blocking tight end in the 4th round. He turned out to be much more.

If you want a complete tight end, you more than likely want a white player.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Stanford has had a nice pipeline of White TEs over the past decade or so. I’d like to see Schultz sign elsewhere and use his talents to help out a young White QB.

The Cowboys are a paper tiger. They play in the worst division in football. Elliott is showing wear and tear, the offensive line isn’t the dominant unit from Prescott’s first few years in the league. The defense did feast of off turnovers but who knows if that success will be replicated.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Leighton Vander Esch resigns with the Cowboys on a one year "prove it" deal. The Patriots and other teams were interested in him, I don't like this move at all, esp. if Dallas signs Bobby Wagner. Vander Esch started last year but rarely played all three downs, he could have done better for himself.

Red Raider

Mentor
Leighton Vander Esch resigns with the Cowboys on a one year "prove it" deal. The Patriots and other teams were interested in him, I don't like this move at all, esp. if Dallas signs Bobby Wagner. Vander Esch started last year but rarely played all three downs, he could have done better for himself.
I agree, he’s exactly the player the Patriots like at the MLB spot too. For comparison the starters last year for the Pats were Donta Hightower (6’3” 260lbs) and Ja’Whaun Bentley (6’2” 255lbs). Neither has been re-signed yet.

Vander Esch is 6’4” 255lbs and is more athletic than both of them.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Just hoping LVE can stay healthy. I feel that's been his Achilles heel thus far!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Dak Prescott needs surgery on his thumb and should be out 6-8 weeks. Cooper Rush takes over as the starter, unless they go out and sign a veteran. Perhaps a trade for Jimmy G could be possible as well?

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Dak Prescott need surgery on his thumb and should be out 6-8 weeks. Cooper Rush takes over as the starter, unless they go out and sign a veteran. Perhaps a trade for Jimmy G could be possible as well?
Money well spent on their franchise qb. Again we called this out several years ago that Prescott enjoyed a dominant o-line and run game for the first few years of his career. My guess is the Cowboys have peaked with him as their starting qb and still have him tied up for millions of dollars over the next few years.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Money well spent on their franchise qb. Again we called this out several years ago that Prescott enjoyed a dominant o-line and run game for the first few years of his career. My guess is the Cowboys have peaked with him as their starting qb and still have him tied up for millions of dollars over the next few years.
They never wanted to give him the elite money that they gave him. It was done because of political reasons. They knew what he is which is a middle of the road starter that can make the playoffs but won't make a playoff run because he can't make big plays with his arm.

As long as Jones is the GM or the defacto GM the Cowboys are the Raiders under the senile Davis.

booth

Mentor
A big push from Drew Person and others for the Cowboys to sign Cam Newton.

wile

Master
A big push from Drew Person and others for the Cowboys to sign Cam Newton.
Oh please make it so, honestly the NFL is entertainment not a worship of athletic excellence at this point for me so having him bring his act to Dallas would possibly be just grand especially the clips of "Jer" in the box scowling.

wile

Master
Dak getting over his playoff woes with a fake blonde hoe.
You know every time I hear or read someone usually colored or jewish go on an anti-white rant all I think about was who rebuffed them sexually. I can't do the conservative game of taking them at face value on most rants. And as I muse if I could create whiteness in a lab I could hire Buffet to mow my lawn, Gates to wash my fleet of cars and Bezos to be my personal shopper. Sorry good conservative fellas your liberal friends are pathetic.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

ESPN's Todd Archer believes the Cowboys "would have to at least consider" taking a quarterback in the middle rounds of the 2023 NFL Draft.​

If the team doesn't further commit to Dak Prescott with a contract extension this offseason -- a move that could free up salary cap space to strengthen the Dallas roster -- the team should look into taking a quarterback of the future in 2023, Archer said. "It would make more sense to have a potential starter in place for 2024 if the Cowboys don’t go deeper in the playoffs in 2023 in Prescott’s eighth season as the starter," Archer said. At some point, the Cowboys have to at least consider the option of finding Prescott’s successor, potentially this April." It all seems a bit premature considering Prescott in 2023 will enter his age-30 season. Archer said the allure of a QB on a rookie deal and the cap flexibility that comes with it might be too much for the Cowboys to turn down.

sprintstar

Mentor
read the article and love the fact the author points out quite clearly but subtly "why" he would be categorized as "fullback"

Warhawk_46

Master
Really good article on Luepke! The author is one of those rare guys that watches the film. He doesn’t think Luepke should be pigeonholed as a Rathman, moose, etc. and could play running back. He also pointed out his dominant performance against Arizona. It would be great to have a power back this year. https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...unter_luepke_play_rb_in_nfl/s1_16709_38777825
That was a great article! Our men receive so few positive articles. Here’s hoping for the best for Hunter although I have my doubts about Dallas I will happily eat my words if it turns out he’s given a real opportunity.

sprintstar

Mentor
wouldn't be surprised if the author is a lurker here..... I like the way he essentially said its because he is white he is categized only as a fullback, letting his readers know he is wise to the caste system.....Luepke is far more than a blocking battering ram......

SneakyQuick

Mentor
“We're careful to avoid foolish comparisons here; Is this Peyton Hillis? Daryl Johnston? Tom Rathman? Kyle Juszczyk? That might be a bit much. (And yes, we understand why some see all of these guys as similar.) But given the fact that Luepke can run, catch, block, play special teams and think?”

I guess I’m not sure why they want to play him at fullback except for his lack of permanent tan?

This article is amazing actually. It lists nothing but reasons why he should be a high performance running back,(great all around athleticism, high intelligence, strong work ethos, etc), but then says he’s a fullback.

The beat goes on

sprintstar

Mentor
If Luepke is considered a fullback then so should Derrick Henry. Luepke is faster than Henry and much more elusive....

jphoss

Mentor
If Luepke is considered a fullback then so should Derrick Henry. Luepke is faster than Henry and much more elusive....
Great point Derick He’s has been one of the best backs in the league for years now with 4.55 speed but he’s a great player. The double standard is ridiculous

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Luepke is capable. Just needs a shot. As repetitive as it sounds.