Craig Steltz

wile

Master
Just watching Packer-Bear highlights from last night's game and on one play the other safety Wright was trying to play catchup and Craig was catching both with little or no angle. But I'll bet Hatie thinks him slow.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Steltz has been a tackling machine since Hatie was "forced" to turn to him due to injuries, including one to Chris Conte, who as a rookie was also a nice upgrade over the slew of mediocre and worse black safeties on the team.

A lot of White talent at safety, wide receiver, and even running back (Brock Forsey and Jake Sharp) has been wasted during Hatie Smith's regime; it looked like Steltz would be added to the scrap heap but he, Conte and Sanzenbacher are getting some playing time after all the others were screwed.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i wonder if he will get to play more, it was about time!

on the other hand Conte is actually not even being discounted as a starter for 2012, which is amazing, normally media is very quick to put the white coming up player down, which wasn't the case here. (it remains to be seen if he will be allowed to start, but weirder things happened: ie Cody Grimm on coal black Bucs).

foobar75

Master
Uncle Chris quoted Brian Urlacher last night as saying that there's a been a big difference in the defensive unit ever since Craig Steltz has been inserted into the starting line-up.

This is no surprise, and we've been saying at CF for 3 years that Steltz should be a starter. I do not see Hatie allowing two starting White safeties next year, so maybe Steltz can look elsewhere for his opportunity. Hopefully he doesn't go thru some 6-7 year racial apprenticeship and finally be allowed to start in 2012.

wile

Master
IMO there is no doubt that Hatie is a classic racial bigot (that is fine with me), and I think it clouds his judgement so bad that even the GM (no great shakes there) is onto it and hates his guts. As we discussed years ago Angelo at the end of another mediocre season couldn't understand why Hass was not on the active roster, because the all blacks were worse then they are now. Then the Forsey, Sharp the endless parade of black safeties while the faster and healthy Craig wastes away, the Sumo line. So I think Angelo has to play politics with Hatie on who is on the roster and it turns out the Bears are at best a mediocre team that gets a winning season after playing the loser schedule. All I ask is for one credible source from within the caste system to speak.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Pro Football Focus has rated Craig Steltz very highly in the past. There's no question that Steltz should be a starter in the league.

A team that gave Steltz an opportunity could nail down one of their safety spots for years.