Craig Steltz

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
wile said:
I think the Lovie Smith countdown should begin. I bet the DWFs get after him this year if his offense is run,run, incompletion and they suck. But I'm a Pack fan so maybe there is bias involved.

I share that bias!
smiley43.gif

G

And if he looks like he missed one tackle the submissive male b#tches of the Chicago media will light him up. Its the bully system and the chicago media after decades of being bullied by the likes of Jordan and Payton amongst others are perfect examples of low rent sociopathic bullies.

stik

I was listening to espn radio before todays game, the Chicago based "bears expert" was saying that Steltz was awful, he was going on and on about how bad this guy was, and how this was proof that someone other than Smith was calling the shots by letting him start. I just got done watching the game an I thought Steltz did a fine job, including one great open field tackle on AP. I just wonder where this guy can be so negative on a second year player whos had such limited opportunities to play. There is no way he'd be slamming a brother this way, also after watching Payne and Afalava all yr at saftey, both are not very fast and not that impressive. Another one of his favorite whipping boys Hunter Hillemeyer had a stupendous game with 15 tackles including the one that forced Peterson to fumble leading to the Bears winning TD. That will shut Dickerson (the Chicago espn Bears reporter)up for about one week.

Westside

Hall of Famer
DWFs and self loathing dickhead white sportscasters are major forces/villians enforcing the castesystem. I would like to spend five minutes with this loser telling him how F'd he is.

TwentyTwo

Master
In many instances...if your are the only white dude on the defense(or one of a few)...get ready to be put under the micro-scope...any little thing that looks wrong...single them out...take them out; sit them on the benchfor someone that's supposedly faster or more athletic; it's perplexing how &why some idiot so-called white-fans do this..it's makes me sick!While the black player must do double the wrong....

If the idiot white fans for Chicago do not like Craig Steltz...send to him to the Saints...or some of the other contenders who could use him and appreciate him more...they need to give him a chance before they label him an Archuletta....also pretty sad when they compare Steltz to players like Plank or Fencik of the 70's & 80's....every NFL team should have at least 1 or 2 white players in the secondary today....Steltz is a player who should be starting for somebody...and not because a player is injured...Payne and Afalava have not been all that special...but let's single out whitey...he better play a perfect game(you too Hillenmeyer) or back to special teams for you...Steltz is a player I have watched since he was in HS...he's gonna be an impact player before all is said and done if he stays healthy!

The Steelers CB's have been pretty weak this season....but they areblack; that makes it OK...and that's the best we can do(say some DWF's)...what a load of cr#p...if those where white CB's they would have been cut long ago...why not give CB-Dustin Fox a chance at CB for the Steelers...no way could he do any worse...but we will never find out...sorry for the rant!

rajuncajun

Guru
Totally agree! I have followed Steltz since his days at LSU. The Saints would be a GREAT fit, we need a guy in the secondary to put guys in the right spot!

dwid

Hall of Famer
Saints already have Chris Reis who deserves a real shot, he gets to play in certain defensive packages but he should be starting over Roman "I can only play in the box" Harper. Reis is better in coverage and plays the run better, yet we are told it is due to Harper being "better in coverage" when he has rarely been used in coverage this year because it is his biggest weakness.

Steltz should go to a team that is more willing to use him as a starter though.Edited by: dwid

G

After watching some open field wiffs by some Bear afrolete defenders today, then we can honestly tell any of the DWFs and DWM media types their full of it if they think Steltz isn't good enough.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Craig Steltz is yet another example, in the long line of them, that demonstrates the caste system. as is the unheralded (and un-drafted) Jamie Silva, who plays for the Indianapolis Colts and entered the League in the same season.

as seniors in 2007-08, Steltz and Silva were consensus first-team All-Americans at the safety position, finalists for the Jim Thorpe Award (given to the nation's top defensive back), and won nearly every individual award possible in their respective conferences for a defensive back. yet according to the idiot media types and the moronic DWFs, both are "somehow" un-athletic chumps who are un-worthy of even making an NFL roster, much less considered as starting material.

i know the answer to this, but can you think of any other Jim Thorpe Award finalist, first team All-Americanwho wasn't at all talented?

the answer is obvious. but for those who either don't know or don't want to have to look up the answer, it is this:

Steltz and Silva are the only two White players who've been finalists for the award. AND they are the only two who've neither become entrenched as "all-world, media-darling" defensive backs in the NFL nor at least given the chance to become a starter.

the caste system, you see, doesn't take days off.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Been watch the Cowboys v Eagles game. Joe Buck it seems that everytime a DB makes a play like he is supposed to, Buck states " I sure he will make the pro bowl next year, he is so good" or words to that effect. I am sure this is a main stay of Buck's. If every DB is pro bowl caliber how good are the ones that make it? I just think its Buck's hyperbole in observing the affelets and castean techinque where every black player on the team deserves elavated status, less of course if your white.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
<DIV =photo itxt="1">not sure what your post had to do with either Steltz or my comments regarding Silva, Westside. but anyway, here's what Silva has been doing instead of starting in the secondary ...
<DIV =photo itxt="1">
<DIV =photo itxt="1">
jamiesilva-1.jpg

<DIV =photo itxt="1">He gets there fast: Jamie Silva (40) has stopped an opposing kick returner inside the 20-yard line three times, most on the team.
<DIV =photo itxt="1">
he also is second on the team in special teams tackles.

chris371

Mentor
Jamie Silva used to return punts for BC. Its weird, because hes such a big, strong guy for a DB/PR. One time I remember the Punt went out of bounds, and Jamie decided to hit a guy on the opposing punt team that was gunning for him, and decleated him. funny to see a returner decleat a gunner for once.

skiboy61

I was listening to the Bears announcers after the Minnesota game and former Bear and current analyst, Tom Thayer, commented about Craig Steltz being a "smart" player and "not very athletic". Well, why the heck is he on an NFL roster if he's only "smart" and "not very athletic"? He must have caught some talent evaluators eye. Man, I tell you, no respect. Well, we need to keep bringing these types of remarks to other DWF's attention. I was talking to both of my brother in laws last night about the racial disparity in the NFL and wouldn't they both agree that being over two thirds the population is white don't they find it remotely possible that their should be at least one feature white running back in the NFL. They both thought about it for a moment and one of them said it's politics, bingo!

G

The caste system is a social engineering/jobs program all wrapped in a veneer of fair and open competition. Years ago Howard Stern proposed expanding the NBA to thousands of teams so as to employ every black male to try and keep them out of trouble. We are somewhat in that mode now in one way or another. Part of the reason why I'm a Pack fan, living in Illinois I subjected to the worthless Chicago Caste media.

Bear Backer

Mentor
wile said:
The caste system is a social engineering/jobs program all wrapped in a veneer of fair and open competition. Years ago Howard Stern proposed expanding the NBA to thousands of teams so as to employ every black male to try and keep them out of trouble. We are somewhat in that mode now in one way or another. Part of the reason why I'm a Pack fan, living in Illinois I subjected to the worthless Chicago Caste media.

It is pretty bad when Jiggetts has consistently been one of the "least" caste friendly. That seems to be par for the course in many cases, but of course that isn't saying much. Even Waddle has somewhat towed the caste line, and in a sane world that makes about as much sense to me as pigs flying.

G

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Waddle played too cutsie with the caste system, and because of that a script was created for white men that today still haunts us.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
We've discussed Waddle in other threads, but to me he is as responsible as any White player in helping to ingrain negative stereotypes of White football players in the minds of the DWFs, not that he intended to of course.

When Waddle played for the Bears they were a marquee team and were on national television quite a bit. Game after game the DWFs would see Waddle, who was one of the very few White receivers in the NFL at the time, far less than the number we have today,go over the middle, catch a pass, and then get absolutely leveled by a black d-back or linebacker. Waddle epitomized the Caste media's ideal of a White receiver -- overachieving, courageous and sure-handed, but slow, unathletic,and a helpless target for far better black athletes. And his unfortunate surname fit in perfectly with the image.

Later receivers like McCaffrey and Dwight perpetuated thekamikazeimageof White receivers as roadkill for black defenders, even though they were clearly faster than Waddle. Fortunately White receivers eventually learned to go down when the play is over instead of taking every last possible hit. That's one reason they aren't the object of ridicule as much as they used to be. Edited by: Don Wassall

TwentyTwo

Master
I might just have to watch the Bears with Steltz starting &amp; Urlacher coming back....maybe I wasn't hallucinating after all..look at what they had to say about Alfalva at the end. Steltz will be under-that special microscope dwf's use to remove uhalf-step slow whitey in the secondary! GO STELTZ!

Steltz, Wright Running with the Ones
by John M. Crist of BearReport.com, August 1, 2010 at 8:56pm ET

Craig Steltz Profile
It seems like the Bears have tried almost anyone and everyone at either safety position since the departed Mike Brown started to fall apart on a yearly basis, and coach Lovie Smith was emphatic all offseason long that his defense needed to get improved play from the safeties in 2010.

But even though he was a fourth-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft out of LSU, a school that has produced some quality safeties recently, Craig Steltz has only started two games in two seasons.

Talking to reporters following Sunday's training camp workout in Bourbonnais, coach Lovie Smith said Steltz has probably deserved more of an opportunity than he has gotten so far in his Bears career.

"I think we need to just continue to give Craig opportunities," admitted Smith. "He's probably one of the guys around here that can say he hasn't really had a chance to really prove what he can do on the field. Normally, if you stay around and continue to make plays, you'll do that. He's done it. He did it all throughout the offseason."

Now that starting free safety Chris Harris is out for an undetermined period of time with a back injury, not only did Steltz finally getting some time with the first-team D Sunday, but so did rookie Major Wright.

"When guys like Chris Harris go down," Smith said, "it gives a player like Craig, a player like Major Wright an opportunity, and I've noticed both of those guys."

On the other hand, one former starter still toiling near the bottom of the depth chart is second-year pro Al Afalava, who the coaching staff suddenly seams to have forgotten about â€" perhaps for good reason.
http://chi.scout.com/a.z?s=25&amp;p=9&amp;c=2&amp;cid=988224&amp;nid=4832064&amp;fhn=1

snow

Mentor
"I think we need to just continue to give Craig opportunities," admitted Smith. "He's probably one of the guys around here that can say he hasn't really had a chance to really prove what he can do on the field. Normally, if you stay around and continue to make plays, you'll do that. He's done it. He did it all throughout the offseason."
I'll believe it when I see it. Lovie Smith has jerked around so many white players. Sure Craig will get playing time, maybe for a game or two and then he will probably be pulled for no reason. This is the same guy who screwed over Forsey, Hass anddidn't even keep Jake Sharp long enough to see what he could do. He probably though Sharp was black when he gave him a training camp invite. Smith IS the reason Craig Steltz hasn't received enough opportunities.

Kaptain

Master
Don Wassall said:
We've discussed Waddle in other threads, but to me he is as responsible as any White player in helping to ingrain negative stereotypes of White football players in the minds of the DWFs, not that he intended to of course. 
</div>

There is actually lots of youtube footage on Waddle. At times he was all the Bears had on offense. He went from that to be quickly demoted to third reciever and then out of football by Dave Wannestadt when Wannestadt took over for Ditka. Previously he had led the Bears in recieving for couple of years - I believe.

Borussia

Guru
Interesting to read the comments of Hatie Smith. He basically admits that Steltz has not been given a chance to really play.
Let us hope Craig does not get injured in pre-season. Often, White players who have been jerked around for awhile go all out all the time (usually the M.O. of the "lunch pail", "hard working" and "blue collar types") and this can lead to injury in sometimes needless situations.

Make no mistake, Hatie Smith is toast after this year barring a significant turnaround. Lions will be improved, Pack and Vikings likely will fight it out for the division title.
Chicago? Too many overrated affletes, cheap owners and a sub-standard coach.
Cutler and Hatie Smith reactions via the media when the losing adds up will be interesting. Honestly, Lovie Smith will be fired after this year when they go 8-8 (perhaps that's optimistic).

I am a big fan of Steltz. Let's follow him through pre-season and hope he doesn't get injured.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hatie Smiff is just giving ebonic lip service in regards to Craig. I wonder if Craig realizing that as long as Smiff is head coach his chances on getting meaniful minutes let alone start are remote at best.

TwentyTwo

Master
Craig Steltz had an ankle injury in Game 1 this pre-season..he was limited in practice this week....it's a shame he's finally getting his shot; running with the 1st team. The dwf's are probably looking to give him the Sabby Piscatelli treatment! Stand your ground Craig! Get healthy quick!